[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Game Freak a Bad Company?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5

File: Game_Freak_logo.png (4KB, 199x136px) Image search: [Google]
Game_Freak_logo.png
4KB, 199x136px
Is Game Freak a Bad Company?
>>
Since Pokemon is objectively the most successful RPG series ever, and they still make money, no. They knows how to sell their shit.
>>
Morally bad or financially bad?
>>
Pokemon got too big. GF can make a good game if they really tried but now they see the dollar signs and put in the the least amount of effort they can get away with. The games will still sell no matter what so why bother with quality?
>>
>>32375134
No.
Pokémon
Drill Dozer
Giga Wrecker
Tembo the badass elephant
Pulseman (pure gold).
Harmo Night
I don't see any bad game here my dude.
Also pic related is from Click Medic, i don't played it but seems a pretty interesting product.
>>
>>32375186
They are bad in graphics
>>
>>32375200
And?
Also drill dozer bad graphics??
Sure?
>>
Compared to other most video games companies out there, yeah Gamefreak is pretty terrible.

They just lucked into Pokemon being a massive global phenomenon in the late 90s.

Fuck Masuda too, he ruined Pokemon. Tajiri will always be better.
>>
>>32375234
Tajiri did nothing, Ken sugimori did everything
>>
>>32375234
Friendly reminder that every gen 6 and 7 game is better than your favorite Pokemon game.
>>
>>32375244
You're dumb. There's a reason why Pokemon went downhill after Ruby/Sapphire. Tajiri wasnt the director anymore.
>>
>>32375249
How cute. An underage thinks he has some good bait.
>>
>>32375234
Fuck you.
Game freak made one of the best plataformer games of all times.
Megaman is shit compared with pic related.
>>
japanese bethesda
>>
>>32375234
Masuda is definitely horrible and has been crippling the series since Gen III but really? You are praising Tajiri who barely did anything? You should be wanting Morimoto and/or Unno back as directors instead.
>>
>>32375134
No, just creatively stagnant.
>>
>>32375323
Like all the industry anon.
>>
Of course they are. They plainly do not seek to improve anything and only add more and more junk onto it until it is unrecognizable.
>>
>>32375314
Sure I'll take Morimoto and Unno over Masuda easily. Tajiri was just an example how much better pokemon was when Masuda had a lesser role.

Masuda is truly the heart cancer of pokemon.
>>
>>32375380
the Pokemon company is the true cancer
>>
>>32375380
For that SM was, at least for me, a truly good game, Ohmori has a fresh ideas, he is trying to make the pokémon games , games with a good story, and i like that fact.
>>
>>32375200
who cares so long as performance is good
and Pokemon performance sucks ass right now
>>
>>32375134
Very much so, they are only successful due to pokemon's merit. Everything else they do is instantly forgettable even in Japan. Their nonstop nostalgiafag pandering and refusal to keep good mechanics and features from older games wouldn't work if it were any other series... or if Pokemon fans actually had standards.
>>
>>32375489
Ideas, yes, but he does not know what to do with them. In the end, the game is nothing but happy faffing about adventure still, with a villain plot that has nothing personally to do with you. It still reeks of pokemon's formula. I don't know if Masuda had a hand in that or not, but it is clear that someone needs to change their mentality if we are to get progress.
>>
__ ____ _ ____ ________?
>>
>>32375694
Yes but people here are too fucking dumb to realize that I'm posting a jojo reference thread every day and they still reply to them seriously
>>
No.

You all just have unrealistic standards.
>>
Yes they suck, they need to get Genius Sonority making RPGs again, not puzzle shit.
>>
>>32375134
Yes but at least they're not (completely) ubisoft
>>
All companies are bad companies.
>>
Sure, but I can't really think of any company that would do it better.
>>
>>32375134
They continuously produce products that make profit hand over fist so by the most objective measurement they are a good company.
>>
By confining themselves to shitty handhelds they've limited their potential.
>>
Yes, they garbage.
>>
>>32375880
nice try goldberg
>>
>>32375806

Try with more obvious ones. Maybe something that's not a word-for-word music reference used there. Was that Purple Haze Gengar also yours?
>>
>>32375694
have you considered that /vp/ isn't a haven for /a/utists
>>
>>32375974
Yes, I did like 5 already with varying success. I guess I'll figure out Killer Queen tomorrow since this is a popular one
>>
Fuck Gamefreak. They've been holding Pokemon back for more than a decade.

We could have had a massive openworld Pokemon game on the WiiU/Switch with hundreds of hours of content and feature rich online by now. But nope.
>>
>>32375134
In Japan they are, overseas they're a Worse Company.
>>
>>32375314
Tajiri come up just with the idea.
>>
>>32375134
I feel like Gamefreak rushed the 3D games to put them out at the same pace as the 2D games. 3D games take a lot longer to develop and they're very inexperienced with this, if they continue going on like this every single game will feel unfinished in some way. Yes, they're a bad company
>>
>>32377027
Is this a jojo reference?
>>
>>32375134
No, GF is a great company. One of the best. Not with technicalities, in that regard they're average, but great at game design. There's a reason Pokemon is one of the best selling names. And no, the games don't sell "cuz its pokemon xddddd". Pokemon, conceptually, is just an RPG. It sells because it's actually fucking good.

>>32375314
>Morimoto
>Unno
Reminder they haven't made a single fucking game. All they're done is take 2+ years to tweak with what Masuda made. Literally romhack tier directors. Morimoto is especially shit. Unno is a bit better, especially at handling difficulty, but still nothing special.
>>
>>32377111
Ah yes, the good old "RUSHED!" meme

>XY was rushed
>ORAS was rushed
>SM was rushed

Yes, they are developing their 3D games in the same time period like their 2D games had. But what they changed, is that they expanded their staff accordingly for the jump to 3D.

So even though their 2D and 3D games are developed in the same amount of time, the 3D games have more people involved; and more people 0 more things done in less time.
>>
>>32375134
They're a great company. They sure know how to bring in money.
But they're terrible game developers.
>>
>>32375169
This. I can't wait until they make a game that's so bad that even brainwashed hardcore fanboys have to admit it sucks. Like Sonic 2006-tier bad.

Then they'll either let the series die or put in some actual effort in a game to regain the fanbase.
>>
>>32375134
No it's fine. People just hold pokemon to an impossible standard. If things like Pocket card jockey or Harmoknight were held to the same standards they'd be labelled as complete dogshit compared to pokemon with their 0 postgame and cartoony designs. No one here would know what objectivity would be even if it bit them on the ass.
>>
>>32377227
What should the standards be, then? The things I've seen complained about are features of most RPGs and gaming in general. If you're going to say children's game, then I know plenty that can be played by children that's more engaging than this. It's a stupid argument anyway. Kids have standards, too, and I'm dead certain they know when a game is just so devoid of substance that it's not worth their time.
>>
>>32377227
>People just hold pokemon to an impossible standard.
I hold them to a standard GF themselves created. I expect post game comparable to HG/SS/Plat or BW2. They raised that bar themselves.
With how short Pokemon single player campaigns are compared to other JRPGs, and the focus on multiplayer features, post game is everything. It's not some little treat at the end of a game like an extra boss. It's what you are going to do for a majority of the time you play the game.
>>
I didn't used to think they were bad. It's annoying that they removed a lot of features here and there but most are minor.
But then they removed 3 on 3 battles... something that had been around for two gens. And we get fucking Battle Royal instead? I don't know how to look at that as anything but a bad decision.
>>
>>32375234
Taijiri is just an autistic who came with the idea "hey, how about if we put monsters in capsules".

It's all he actually made to the franchise. It kinda pisses me out because it happened the opposite with Inafune and he got all the credit of Mega Man, even if he just came with some designs after the first game were finished.
>>
>>32377320
>"hey, how about if we put monsters in capsules".
didn't Ultraman do that first anyways
>>
>>32377332
He an autistic guy. He lives in his own world and it was a original idea in his own world.
>>
>>32377173
THIS
>>
>>32377336
It was mostly based on bug collecting, which bar entomologists, most people only do that as a very small child and even then, it's only because they have nothing else to do. He was having a midlife crisis and manifested it as a game idea. A very stark midlife crisis going back to preschool. The rest was Ken Sugimori coming up with funny monster designs.
>>
>>32377396
I assumed it was just a big thing in Japan.
In Yokai Watch there's even a separate mechanic for bug/beetle catching totally disconnected from Yokais.
>>
>>32377402
Maybe it is more widespread there than it is here. It is a kind of sport there. Perhaps it's just that I haven't heard of it in a long time.
>>
>>32375134
It does good marketing. Very good marketing.
>>
>>32375186
harmo knight is fucking ass, my dude

it's dropped inputs: the experience: the ride

you either have garbo tastes or you're a false flagging shill
>>
>>32375134
Yes because they're wasted potential:the company.
>>
>>32375134
Not a bad company, just lazy and putting superficial presentation over substance.
>>
File: 141834310.jpg (112KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
141834310.jpg
112KB, 499x499px
>>32375295
i still get sad whenever i remember pulseman will never come back
>>
>>32377469
wrong
>>
>>32375169
>The games will still sell no matter what so why bother with quality?
To sell more.
>>
>>32378171
Then they lose out on profit because they took too long to produce the game causing a slight loss in interest and the cost of the game being higher.
>>
>>32377469
git gud
>>
>>32375186
>Giga Wrecker
>another flash-animated metroidvania
>>
>>32375134
They're good game designers, but very lazy:
>removed animated sprites after Crystal, then included in Emerald, then removed again in DP
>removed the Battle Frontier after Emerald, then included another version in Platinum (and copypasta'd in HGSS)
>remove the Battle Tutors all the fucking time

They're terrible 3D programmers too.
>>
>>32378738
>>removed animated sprites after Crystal, then included in Emerald, then removed again in DP
They weren't removed in DP, though. What WAS removed entirely were animated sprites that weren't just two frames or stretching and tweening.
>>
All companies are bad, power to the workers/consumers!
>>
>>32377304
>HG/SS
Nice meme faggot HGSS had shit postgame.
>>
>>32375134

I hope they are reading this... they are bad company because they don't understand how competitive scene works with that amount of monsters, we must change the way speed stats ect. are distributed to let all players find their original combination in battle, also they are too slow with items distributions so it will take 1 gen before we get useful item [or ability] for X strategy, also they cannot distribute movesets, they don't care about move tutors at all, they don't care about special evens, about special monsters with unique moves ect. ect. they ignore the fact we have global wifi connection and they could launch many many many amazing events, they are just too stupid for this game
>>
>>32377283
>Kids have standards
No, they dont
>>
>>32378323
I know you think it works like that, but it doesn't, at all

t. Marketing student
>>
The people think that another company than Game Freak could make a better Pokémon mainline game
For me SM was a fucking good game, something that i can't say about FF15.
>>
>>32379181
>The people think that another company than Game Freak could make a better Pokémon mainline game
Fuck
The people think that other company aside Game Freak could make a better Pokémon mainline game
>>
>>32379188
Atlus?
>>
>>32379190
>Atlus
Literally Pokemon reborn
>>
>>32379188
Anon, please tell me this is a huge bait and you aren't that retarded.
The only reason why Pokémon doesn't flop is because they're great at marketing and have a loyal fanbase, not because of the games.
You could put any person of here in charge of the games and they would be much better than what we get since the 3DS. For a company as rich as them, they couldn't give less effort to the games even if they wanted to.
>>
File: 1447815904007.png (332KB, 577x479px) Image search: [Google]
1447815904007.png
332KB, 577x479px
They're not a bad company necessarily, but they are bad developers.

>increasing the amount of handholding with every game that comes out even though not all fans are kids, and failing to realize that the series could easily work for a general audience
>level design and region design get worse with every game
>starting to shoehorn in story more to hide the fact that the main game is bare bones as fuck (SM are a perfect example)
>even though the main series achieves more success that what other devs can even hope to get, GF refuses to hire more competent programmers, modelers, and others to handle other in-game design aspects
>pretty much the only aspect of the games they put any real effort behind anymore are the Pokemon, and even then we're getting less of that now

As long GF just continues to handle Pokemon and character design, I'm sure any other Jap dev that is relatively known could design and make the games better.
>>
>>32377187
Doesn't seem that easy to fuck up a Pokemon game, they even came up with a generation of around 90 half assed Pokemon and people still bought it, the main problem would be trying and failing to make a story, I personally didn't like the X and Y story
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.