[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is X shilled way more than Y?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

File: megazard x.png (254KB, 1024x886px) Image search: [Google]
megazard x.png
254KB, 1024x886px
Why is X shilled way more than Y?
>>
>>32375060

X is specifically designed for the kiddies who wanted a Fire/Dragon Charizard

And it's black with red eyes like Shiny Charizard
>>
>fire in mouth
>unnecessary horns
>too black
>>
Because it's a more drastic change and Y looks boring and borderline ugly.
>>
>>32375079

>More drastic change

Compared to Y, X is just a palette swap of regular Charizard
>>
File: 1492304338424.jpg (65KB, 1024x625px) Image search: [Google]
1492304338424.jpg
65KB, 1024x625px
>>32375060
Because it's cooler. Y changes Zard too much. Some of the changes I don't like. Such has the wing-like things on arms, losing opposable thumbs, HUGE tail and such. It looked like it literally couldn't move on ground and must always remain in flight.

On the hand, X is more closer to the Zard I know and love, and the color scheme is just beautiful.
>>
Y is for patricians. It's the natural progression of the Charmander line--sleaker and more aerodynamic.

X is for plebs. Giving them the secondary typing they cried about for 16 years and basically handing them a shiny Charizard.
>>
File: IMG_0846.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0846.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>32375060
Literally the ace mon of /ourguy/. If you don't like it, you should go the fuck back to le eddit.
>>
>>32375060
Y doesn't need to be shilled, because true patricians will gravitate towards it on their own.
>>
>>32375079
Y looks like a natural fourth evolution to the chain
>>
>>32376290
CharY should have been Charmeleon red.
>>
Charizard Y should have had Reshiram's color scheme (white with blue fire)
>>
>>32375060
Because it's black and edgy if flames coming out of his mouth.

CharY it's a far more solid design.
>>
File: mega_zard_by_haychel-da8gltb.jpg (883KB, 1200x854px) Image search: [Google]
mega_zard_by_haychel-da8gltb.jpg
883KB, 1200x854px
>>32375060
>Dragon Type
>Edgy color scheme
That is about it
>>
>>32377736
this
>>
>>32375060
Because it's a better design.
>>
Edgelord dragon
Also Alain and his Charizard are mary-sues with a nigh perfect track record for no reason.
>>
>>32375060
It reached out to far more groups than Y does which makes it far more marketable.

You've got the edgelords
Genwunners
People who wanted it to be dragon to begin with
Kids
>>
fun edge is dead, only shit edge lives on
>>
It looked like the marketing was pretty much Charizard X vs Mewtwo Y. Yeah the other two forms existed (and I honestly prefer them) but when it came down to it, it seemed like a lot of people found Mewtwo Y just a bit more alienating thant Charizard X. So he got more merch and promotion to meet demand.
>>
>>32377736
>black
>its edgy

I swear, if /vp/ isn't complaining about "the edge" in pokemon designs, they're complaining about cutesy/simplistic designs.
>>
>>32378372
>a group of people can't agree about what's better
stop the presses
>>
>I-I have a black charizard and it's cooler than yours, it breathes blue hotter flames than yours
It's literally the realization of a lie that a person did to impress his cousin about pokemon.
>>
>>32375060
Because Edgy kids loves Charizard X
>>
>>32375096
>X is closer to zard

You must have terrible eyesight
>>
File: 1404154065824.png (189KB, 776x697px) Image search: [Google]
1404154065824.png
189KB, 776x697px
>>32378372
>Black
>Pointless Spikes
>Red Eyes
>The shredded wings that look like a shredded cape/trenchcoat
It is missing the personality but I suppose you could call it a lower form of edge and not Dante tier
>>
He's the one who saved us from becoming a Ashninja board, and for that I am grateful.
>>
>>32375060
Because it's a cooler design. It's finally a Dragon-type too. Honestly, when it was revealed, I had came home after having a fucked up day and when I saw it, I got so happy about it that I felt better for the rest of the day.

But like, I love Zard Y just as much, so I'm cool with either one.
>>
>>32378472
He's our hero.
>>32378442
X is a recolor with a couple new small adjustments. Y has a different body type, wings on it's arms and regains charmleon's spike and gains a new face structure. You are putting too much focus on color.
>>
Fuck y'all haters
>>
File: HaveEdgeTimes.png (87KB, 492x547px) Image search: [Google]
HaveEdgeTimes.png
87KB, 492x547px
>>32375060
youre not subscribed to this magazine
>>
>>32378372
This is one time it applies. Edgy personality is one thing, but color plays a big part in edge too. Dark colors and Gothic themes are considered "edgy", even in the word's original description. Zard X is edgy. Dragons in general are edgy. And that is what makes them awesome. You want dragons to be edgy, unless you're a faggot who faps to ponnies.
>>
>>32375060
Because "de gustibus non disputandum est".
And I love X one.
>>
>>32378466
>shredded cape/trenchcoat
Wtf? Are you being serious?
>>
>Dragon type
>Black colouring
>Unnecessary spikes

It's specifically designed to appeal to nostalgiafags who wank over Charizard non stop.
>>
>>32375077
>too black
>too strong
>>
>>32379196
>You want dragons to be edgy, unless you're a faggot who faps to ponnies.
OW the edge
>>
>>32379196
>You want dragons to be edgy, unless you're a faggot who faps to ponnies.
There is such a thing as being too edgy, you know.
>>
>>32379431
Wrapped in black.
>>
>>32381013
No Pokemon even gets close that level, though.
>>
>>32381041
What about Darkai?
>>
I see Ashfags are still seething from that final.
>>
X is a cooler letter than Y.
>>
>>32381048
What's "too edgy" about its design? It is black, red and white colored, and there's not many edgy things on it. Talking only about the design here. His lore is another thing.
>>
>>32381048
Too edgy is when the edge makes a design worse. That doesn't happen with any Pokemon. The edge makes Darkrai better. Imagine a Darkrai that is pink colored with all wavy parts being frills.
This has become a buzzword at this point, but edge is just a tool to improve designs, just like how cuteness is. Zard improves exceptionally with a little color change. That is edge done right. I stand by my statement that no Pokemon is too edgy. Even Hunchcrow, the Pokemon with a fedora, isn't too edgy, because that edge is just improving the design, not making it worse.
>>
>>32381111
>zard X has spikes on its arms that clearly detract from the design for the sake of edgy spikes
what now faggot?
>>
>>32381234
What now what? Are you implying they make the design worse? How so?
Zard always had horns. Now they're sharper, color changed and in one more place. I'm not going to say they improve the design. They do break the color around his arms, but it wasn't really necessary. But likewise, they don't make the design worse. Because it's just two more spikes which fit in with the rest of the design.
>>
>>32381340
yes, charizard has had horns
are you implying that horns on the head = spikes on its fucking arms?
for fuck's sake that thing couldn't shrug without cutting its own neck off and if that doesn't convince you it's a shit design then i don't even know what to say dude
>>
>>32381234
>>Rowlet has a tie on its round body that clearly detract from the design for the sake of cute tie
This can be done with every Pokemon. I didn't even know people cared so much about spikes until I saw faggots screaming about it. They don't exactly detract much.
>>
>>32381401

>>32381380
>>
>>32381380
>are you implying that horns on the head = spikes on its fucking arms?
No, I'm implying there's not much difference. Spike on head or spike on shoulder, it doesn't change much.

>for fuck's sake that thing couldn't shrug without cutting its own neck off and if that doesn't convince you it's a shit design then i don't even know what to say dude
No, it can shrug just fine. They don't get in the way. If that were such a big deal, I would argue that the claws are even bigger problem. It can't even scratch without cutting himself. Who knows what Pokemon like Scyther do.

Still, that's a better point than what I was expecting. I've seen in it in many different poses in both the manga and the anime, and they never get in the way, but they might, and that's a fair point. I'll give you this one. The spikes are one unnecessary feature. Do they "ruin" the design and become too much edge? I don't think so. They aren't practical, they still look good. It isn't Generation 1 anymore, so almost all Pokemon get a few unnecessary features, like hood or hair and hair accessories just to look good.
>>
unrelated to this autistic argument happening, why are charizard's arms so small? they look like little noodles, it's kind of funny
>>
>>32381494
It's always been something I dislike about Zard, but when I see anything with different arm size, it looks odd. I'm just used to them. Wish he had been a GAD.
>>
>>32381516
GADs are great man, that would be a good look for zard
>>
>>32381494

They fixed that a degree in Pokken, his arms are slightly longer and have more muscle definition.
>>
File: Kiawe_Charizard[1].png (736KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kiawe_Charizard[1].png
736KB, 1280x720px
>>32381851

And Kiawe's Charizard in the anime
>>
>>32381494
I always assumed it was so it'd look like a theropod, like an Allosaurus or Ceratosaurus or such
>>
>>32378491
this
>>
File: Pokken Flying.jpg (97KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Pokken Flying.jpg
97KB, 800x450px
>>32381851
Pokken Charizard is the definitive Charizard
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.