[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to win this game or the 2nd one with just rentals?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1492771826402.jpg (73KB, 640x442px) Image search: [Google]
1492771826402.jpg
73KB, 640x442px
Is it possible to win this game or the 2nd one with just rentals?
>>
Yes but get ready to try many times cause muh gen 1 rules
>>
It's possible, but very difficult.
>>
>>32374725

Round 2 rentals is much easier on Stadium 1 than 2
>>
>>32374725
Round 1 is piss easy even with rentals. Get ready for some major rng bullshit in round 2 though
>>
>>32374733
Oh no, the flashbacks to Blaine's gym...
>>
>>32374725

Pika Cup round 2, seriously. Fuck that. Can't beat the Fisher if he picks Alakazam and its even a 50% loss when he does pick Dragonair.
>>
>>32374725
Round 2 makes you want to kill yourself but yes it can be done
>>
>>32374725
The only good rentals are Tauros and Articuno. Everyone else sucks and the AI cheats.
>>
>>32374725

Beating Round 1 is easy (except Little Cup, fuck Little Cup)

Round 2, you'll need a lot of fuck to win with rentals
>>
Was it Stadium or Stadium 2 that had a mode that let you use Mewtwo? That shit was cash.
>>
>>32375580
I think it was the first. I vaguely remember using Mewtwo to carry my Pikachu through the hardest cup so it could learn Surf. Then there was a fucking Chansey that sponged all of Mewtwo's attacks.
>>
>>32374725
I went through the gym leader castle with just rentals, can't say the same for Stadium mode.
>>
>>32375580
Stadium Prime Cup Round 2 gives you Mewtwo as rental
>>
for speedruns of this game one of the rules is that they can only use rental pokemon so i'd have to say that it is doable. http://www.speedrun.com/pkmnstadium#Gym_Leader_Castle_Round_1
>>
>>32375539
>the AI cheats.
how do you mean
>>
>>32377293
No, it gaves Mew as rental.
Stadium 2 gives Celebi.
>>
>>32377380
Think TPW
>>
>>32374725
Dewgong is the best solo carry, but it's one of the slowest strats. Yes, it is possible even without Dewgong.
Full game completion speedrun was 20 hours 10 minutes for Stadium 1, 20 hours 30 minutes for Stadium 2. This was just with rentals, yes.
>>
>>32375539
>>32377380
>>32379201
The game reads the RNG, like seeing if moves critical, miss or not. That's the only thing, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>32374725
I don't think I've even played the game in over 15 years but I'm quite sure I finished everything as an 8 year old with nothing but rentals, so it must be possible.
>>
Stadium 1, yes difficult but possible. 2? NOT A CHANCE! No fully evolved mon has decent moves or EV's/IVS
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.