[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Main Series Minigames

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3

The problem with postgame locations post Gen 5 isnt only the lower number of them, but the lack of variety.
>>
>>32371072
Like,

In Unova where you're in the Royal Unova following clues to find the actual trainers rather than tourists, or at the Black Towher where you are trying to use clues to find a specific person and managing your health by choosing when to fight/use the one Doctor you get.

Or in Johto where one mingigame is a radio show, one involves playing touccscreen sports with your pokemon and one involves playing a combination of minesweeper and sudoku.

The newer regions arent completely samey, but it definitely feels a lot less varied than it used to be.
>>
File: Eyup.gif (2MB, 398x284px) Image search: [Google]
Eyup.gif
2MB, 398x284px
>>32371072
>inflating S/M by calling Pelago postgame content

That's just sad.
>>
>>32371134
/Thread.
>>
>>32371134
desu the last time I left it out and people were asking for it, but it's barely anything good to me
>>
>>32371134
even with it it looks pathetic compared to the rest
>>
shouldn't we include poffin making and poke walkers?
>>
>>32371491
Pokewalker is a peripheral so no, and Poffin Making feels a bit too minor to me. Along with the Daily Drawing Corner and Pokeblock making
>>
frlg also had Pokemon Jump and Dodrio berry picking

No one ever did it though
>>
>>32371523
what the fuck is that? Those multiplayer Game Corner games?
>>
>>32371072
FRLG has game corner and safari zone too, and emerald is not even included and that has the whole frontier thing going on.
>>
File: minigames.png (2MB, 1708x2320px) Image search: [Google]
minigames.png
2MB, 1708x2320px
>>32371072
What a retardedly incorrect list OP. Lucky for you I took it and fixed it for you.
>>
So are we just going to ignore new routes, special boss fight rematches, and post-game legendary catches or what
>>
>>32371636
what?
>>
>>32371072
Unova has so much hidden shit even today I'm finding them.
>>
>>32371534
remember in frlg when you stopped those bikers from terrorizing the shopkeeper or 2 island?
that's what he does
>>
>>32371724
But arent they multiplayer only? Why would that matter on a list that leaves out the Festival Plaza and Wifi Plaza for those reasons?
>>
>>32371072
If you count bullshit like the """battle dojo""" you absolutely have to count Pyukumyuku flinging and the like.
>>
>>32371591

What about Super Training?
>>
>>32371786
That is indeed a minigame that I forgot. Poffin making too.
>>
>>32371747
>Battle Dojo gives you batt;les against 16 different trainers with full teams
>shuking just gives you money by walking up to stuff on the beach
I know it sucks that Alola has nothing much but that is embarrasing
>>
>>32371072
If you count Safari Zones for other regions then you should add Friend Safari for XY
>>
>>32371966
Isnt it empty if you dont share friend codes with anyone?
>>
>>32371966
>that doesn't require Wi-Fi to work
I mean if a small patch of grass that will only ever hold the same random 3 Pokémon is enough for you then sure.
>>
>>32371072
Wait, Alola gets Poke Pelago but Kalos doesnt get Amie minigames and Super Training mingames?
>>
>>32372022
You're right. Let's remove Pelago.
>>
>PokéStar Studios and PWT

They were so fun.
>>
>>32371072
>Trainer Hill
>Battle Frontiers
>Pokéathlon
>Pokéstar Studios
>Pokémon World Tournament
>Black Tower
>White Treehollow
Why didn't any of these features give out Ribbons? That's the meast they could've done, so we'd have more than mere memories to remember them by in later games when those features are long gone.
>>
>>32372148
Because gen 4 and 5 were ass.
>>
>>32372169
>lists a bunch of fun features where the only flaw is not having ribbons
>that's because the game sucked
you aren't even trying
>>
>>32371072
>includes the game corner for hgss and platinum
>but not for frlg

For that matter, why are Goldenrod and Celadon's game corners listed separately in HGSS? They're both exactly the same: slot machines in Japanese, shitty Voltorb Flip houses in every other language.
>>
>>32371999
>Not having internet connection in the year of our Lord 2017
Okay then, sucks for you for living in a third world shithole
>>
>>32371072
>comparing the remastered version from each gen with XY and Sun/Moon
Retard
>>
>>32372364
Are you fucking illiterate or something? It's a list of features that you can play offline, that's the whole fucking point of the thread. Off yourself.
>>
Simple fact is if you don't like battling that much, or don't play online, and actually enjoy all this festival plaza shit, the lasts two generations have been super lacking. Yes pokeamie was alright with games but they weren't the cool, world building location based mini games of kanto, Johto etc etc. I do think its kind of sad, especially for someone like me who isn't super super into battling consecutively for however long
>>
>>32372372
>wanting me to give XY a pass for having less content
It's not my fault they do

>>32372323
if you really looked you'd see it was separated by region, using the most up to date game. So that's why the only FRLG stuff is in Sevii, and why that's there twice
>>
>>32371636
This is about mini games specifically, not general postgame
>>
>>32371072
>Seven Stars
>Great Marsh
>Game Corner
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>postgame
Not only do they provide ZERO entertainment, they're not even postgame. XY, with Maison, Inverse House and Looker Missions provided more entertainment.
>>
>>32373487
It's about places in the pokemon games you can travel to during postgame to do things indefinitely. The point is comparing the regions and the things they have to extend the playtime when the game ends

>looker missions
>>
>>32371591
This is literally complete shit
>>
>pokemon amie/refresh
>super training
>sky battles
>>
>>32371072
WHERE IS THE FRONTIER FAGGOT?
way to inflate muh BW2 and make the underrated games look like shit
same with gen6 and 7 ignoring numerous repetable minigames
>>
>>32374834
What are you talking about? Everything in BW2...you know. Exists in those games.

>>32374824
Read the thread
>>
>>32373487
Looker missions aren't repeatable
>>
>>32371072
OR/AS Safari Zone isn't really a minigame I would say. Only if they delayed it until summer they might have programmed in the actual Safari Zone system.
>>
>this thread
the nostalgiacucks' double standards are so funny, I might become more stupid if I even try to go through the same mental gymnastics they go through
>>
>>32374850
I certainly dont find it to be, or at least one that makes ORAS look any better. But people would complain if I included the other Safari Zones but not that, even though they actually alter the gameplay and thus offer a variable experience.
>>
>>32371134
To be fair, stuff like Voltorb flip, the ORAS safari zone (why?), and Buena's password were also included.

This is kinda misrepresentative all around. The Battle Frontier facilities should all be considered separately if you're going to put stuff like the battle maison on the same level.
>>
>>32374863
>cucks
discarded
Also, explain what the double standards are then.
>>
>>32374874
>ORAS safari zone
Wasn't it basically just another route?
>>
>>32374704
His point was that op was just listing extra content, NOT actual mini games
>>
>>32373546
I guess if fun is secondary to repeating things over and over again, that list is correct. My bad.

>>32374846
I don't care about repeating the same thing for an infinite amount of time. Looker missions provided more entertainment than anything from DPPt, and that's what I said in my post.
>>
>>32374903
>coming into a thread to talk about things unrelated to the thread
>my subjective view of fun everyone
weak, desu
>>
>>32374938
>unrelated
This seemed like a thread about postgame. I don't think that is unrelated.

>>my subjective view of fun everyone
No one has ever explained to me what is fun about infinitely repeating the cycle of walking in mud that is constantly stopping you, getting random encounters, and only having the ability to throw Poke Balls in those random encounters. If someone did, I would consider not finding that fun a subjective point of view, until, as far as I'm concerned, Great Marsh and such are objectively annoying areas.
>>
>>32375049
>the thread is about postgame
>OP Title: Main Series Minigames
>OP post: The problem with postgame locations post Gen 5 isnt only the lower number of them, but the lack of variety.
oh, okay

>a longer version of "my subjective view of fun everyone"
I mean, I dont find the idea of walking from place to place to talk a bit and do one or two battles before repeating such fun, but I'm not gonna complain that you like it.
>>
>>32374863
not an argument
>>
>>32371591
>wifi plaza
Oh my god I miss this so much.
>>
>>32374889
and a bunch of them are wifi related, and he removed many minigames. Shit
>>
>>32374850
>Only if they delayed it until summer they might have programmed in the actual Safari Zone system
Wait, wait a sec. Are you seriously implying that ORAS doesn't have the Safari Zone game because the game was rushed (according to you)? You can't be that stupid anon.
>>
ORAS Safari Zone shouldn't be counted as a minigame, and shouldn't be listed here at all, true. But trying to force the "ORAS was rushed" meme so hard is beyond delusional.

ORAS had more than enough development time to program the idiotic Safari game if they wanted to, but they chose not to, because nobody likes it. DexNav sneaking minigame is the direct replacement of the Safari Game and it is MUCH better than it.
>>
>>32375994
>>32376085
>>32376096
>Oras-fags shill their half-assed shitty remake so much they can't even make a proper and finished post
Toppest kek
>>
>>32376161
Great argument, bitch.
>>
>>32376096
>instead of taking the time to come up with a new and interesting mechanic to change and grow the minigame, they just get rid of it
absolutely the definition pf half assed
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.