[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What radical new mechanics could save the franchise?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: KG3I9XQT.jpg (32KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
KG3I9XQT.jpg
32KB, 342x342px
>teach pokemon how to fight using principles of operant conditioning
>train pokemon like you'd train a dog
>in place of EV grinding, customization and effect/stat boosts to moves based on how the skills were reinforced until maxed/"completely learned"
>affection-boosting activities increase cooperation and understanding
>exploration boosts curiosity and expands movepool potential

optional:
>IVs more accurately portray principles of genetic inheritance (which means that within calculably finite generations you are guaranteed to get a 6 IV mon)

Good idea y/n? Got an overhaul idea of your own?
>>
>>32360268
>IVs more accurately portray principles of genetic inheritance (which means that within calculably finite generations you are guaranteed to get a 6 IV mon)

I don't think you understand genetic inheritance.
>>
>>32360313
Shit whoops you'd have to have a 6IV ditto to start with, assuming also that higher IVs are dominant.
>>
File: monsterrancherds_3a[1].jpg (26KB, 286x401px) Image search: [Google]
monsterrancherds_3a[1].jpg
26KB, 286x401px
>>32360268
You just described monster rancher OP.
>>
File: IMG_4928.jpg (123KB, 929x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4928.jpg
123KB, 929x1024px
>>32360268
>teach pokemon how to fight using principles of operant conditioning
What?

>train pokemon like you'd train a dog
And give Verlis more to bitch about when people hack past it?

>in place of EV grinding, customization and effect/stat boosts to moves based on how the skills were reinforced until maxed/"completely learned"
Elaborate

>affection-boosting activities increase cooperation and understanding
So Pokémon-Amie/Refresh?

>exploration boosts curiosity and expands movepool potential
Exploration of what? The region? Because that already happens since you need to seek out certain TMs.

So 31 in HP from both parents guarantees inheritance of 31 HP each time?
>>
>>32360338
Okay, but that's not how genetics works in real life. Babies don't just take the "best" DNA from their parents, they take completely random DNA. Evolution happens because, on average, the ones that get the best DNA are more likely to reproduce.
It's a lot closer to the current system, in which weaker offspring are discarded and stronger offspring are allowed to breed, than what you're proposing.
>>
>>32360268
>You can go on legitimate dates with your Pokemon, including getting to all the bases
>>
>>32360268
>save the franchise
From what? The franchise is doing best it has after Generation I, both critically and commercially. So save from what, exactly?
And to answer the question anyway, make it VR. Not the shit """"VR"""" we have now, but actual virtual reality Pokemon would be amazing and easily the best thing ever.
>>
Objection. False premise. Assumes that the franchise needs saving.
>>
>>32360268
Well, needing to be saved in the first place would help.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.