[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will this Purple Haze ever drop out of Ubers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

File: 900px-094Gengar-Mega.png (419KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
900px-094Gengar-Mega.png
419KB, 900x900px
Will this Purple Haze ever drop out of Ubers?
>>
Short answer: No
Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
>>32358254
Why? It doesn't seem broken
>>
>>32359015
Probably because either:

A. You're the one using it and haven't had anyone use it against you
B. Someone HAS used it against you, but not properly, like battling a competitively inept friend/low ladder
C. You've never actually had a battle where a mega gengar was involved
>>
>>32359015
scrub detected
Also, nothing ever 'drops' out of ubers. Look at arceus bug; no one uses it in ubers, but it's never been OU. Ubers isn't a tier like UU or RU, it's a basically just a banlist for OU.
>>
>>32359034
Some of the really shitty Ubers like M-Mawile, Greninja, and Hoopa-U dropped out when the OU metagame adapted to dealing with them.

Genesect, Landorus-I, and Memesword will always be too good for OU though.
>>
File: Purple_Haze.png (211KB, 568x816px) Image search: [Google]
Purple_Haze.png
211KB, 568x816px
>>32358244
Nice Jojo reference
>>
As long as shadow tag remains banned there is no hope for it to drop
>>
>>32359061
>tfw goth is rotting in PU
>>
>>32359034
>tfw you really like Arceus-Bug
He's good ;___;
>>
>>32359075
>Goth shit in singles
>God tier in VGC
What did they mean by this.
>>
>>32359110
Goth is a pretty good trapper in singles. It's just that Shadow Tag is fucking banned.
>>
File: sub 1001 shitter.png (2KB, 252x36px) Image search: [Google]
sub 1001 shitter.png
2KB, 252x36px
>>32358244
>>
>>32359027
>you have to play with it to know if it's too OP
What is this meme? Its stats and moveset isn't OP so it obviously isn't broken. It's not that hard. I've played competitive pokemon for 10 years so I know what's OP just by looking at its stats
>>
File: gothitelle.png (43KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
gothitelle.png
43KB, 250x250px
>>32359376
>Ability: Shadow Tag

Surely you can't be this fucking dense, right? Ability matters just as much as moves and stats. If Shadow Tag can bring up a PU shitmon like Gothitelle to high OU, just envision what it can do on a pokemon as strong as Mega Gengar. You obviously aren't that good, if your claims of playing competitive pokemon for 10 years are even true.
>>
>>32359376
If you're basing this opinion on your Battlespot experience, then it makes sense why it wouldn't be broken, but in OU (or rather, 6v6 singles), Shadow Tag is too good of an ability and Smogon hates it.
>>
>>32358244
Considering they almost banned Dugtrio, fucking DUGTRIO should give you all the answer you need
>>
>>32359376
>Shadow Tag
>Destiny Bond
>Perish Song
>Hypnosis
>Wisp+Hex
>Sub+Disable
>130 base speed
You're a retard.
>>
Does this guy really make a jojo reference thread every day?
>>
>>32359015
>>32359376
Name a counter to M-Gengar
>>
>>32358244
>people actually thought losing Levitate would make it drop to OU

L M A O
>>
>>32358244
True story: That was the name of my first Gengar.
>>
>>32359376
The idea is, you can switch it into a huge number of things as a revenge killer, and Shadow Tag means they have to sit there and let you do whatever you want.
Substitute->Disable->Substitute means it can get a free KO and substitute against most teams, which allows it a huge number of sweeps
Alternatively, the Perish Song/Protect/Sub combo beats literally anything that can't deal more than 75% to it and isn't ghost type
The only proper "counter" to all of its sets is to not let it mega evolve and then switch out, because it almost certainly will find a switch-in that gives it free set-up turns.
>>
>>32360729
Wait does he really? I remember stray cat thread
>>
File: guess.png (4KB, 421x147px) Image search: [Google]
guess.png
4KB, 421x147px
>>32359376

You need context. See pic related.
>>
>>32363611
>god tier stat distribution and movepool for a physical tank
>ice type
JUST
U
S
T
>>
>>32359044
Those mons only dropped down due not being on the initial banlist.
>>32358244
Purple Haze didn't drop down at the start of SM because it was on the initial banlist so no it will probably never come back.
>>
>>32359376
>I know what's OP just by looking at its stats

yup...cause pure stat analysis is all you need to determine whether a pokemon is good or not.

Things like typing, move pool, abilities, and the various combinations thereof; NONE of that matters. Just stats.
>>
>>32359015
>S rank in Ubers
>Not broken
>>
>>32358244
As soon as they give it Cursed Body like it was always supposed to have.
>>
>>32358244
>Shadow Tag on 130 speed and 170 sp.atk.

Pokemon like Kyogre and Giratina would drop out of Ubers before Mega Gengar. Shadow Tag makes Mega Gengar an absolute monster.
>>
Daily reminder you can use mega gengar in battle spot no problem
>>
>>32365643
It's quite a bit less potent in 3v3 than 6v6, but it's a viable choice.
>>
>>32359044
>Landorus T will never fuck off to Ubers
>>
>>32360774
Worked for normal Gengar :/
>>
>>32360729
Why?
>>
>>32359015
>It doesn't seem broken

Mega Gengar is not just Ubers, it is one of the top 3 pokemon in Ubers judging from the viability ranking in the smogon forums. If Mega Gengar would drop down it would absolutely destroy OU.
>>
>>32365066
>>32365705
Ubers doesn't mean anything, support Pokemon always had stronger roles when overpowered legendaries are the focus of the meta
>>
>>32365753
Isn't it more of a revenge killer though?
It can choose its own battles and the opponent is unable to do anything about it, you'll almost always be at a type disadvantage when you're fighting against a Mega Gengar. It's also one of the fastest pokemon in Ubers and has the option to sacrifice itself to get rid of almost any pokemon on your opponents team with Destiny Bond.
>>
>>32365694
it might just this gen. the z-move sweep sets are really pushing the line.
>>
>>32365853
Probably not until late gen, after Greninja and possibly Lele go away. And a second Gross test.
>>
>>32365861
They're really taking their sweet time this gen, last gen we'd chugged through at least 6 bans by now.
>>
>>32365705
I think it was suspect tested for AG at least once but it didnt pass.
>>
>>32365876
Is there much to evaluate though? Apart from Lele and Talonflame getting circumcised, not much has changed in the meta
>>
>>32365929
They very nearly forced a ban through anyway in Gen VI, it got so bad that Chaos had to intervene.

Then Mega Fug happened and no one complained about Mega Gengar ever again.
>>
>>32366050
Exactly, not much has changed at all, so they should really be going through the old ubers and possible new ones (lando-t with z moves is ridiculous)
>>
>>32366057
>no one complained about Mega Gengar ever again.

Not quite true. There was complaining about it at the start of gen 7 just a few months ago, because of the hypnosis-trap set
>>
>>32366050
>what is ash-greninja
>what are z-moves
>what is the fact that megas get their new speed stat turn 1
>>
>>32366050
Megas got buffed in gen 7 with the new speed mechanics and MegaGross didn't need to get any better. I could see a MegaGross suspect test.
>>
>>32366077
Lando-t in general is ridiculous. And I was wrong to say the meta as a whole hasn't changed because everything is RU now
>>
>>32366083
Ash Ninja is just a more annoying non protein Grenaruto
Z moves haven't made much of an impact, at least not as big as megas did last gen, you still see a mega on every team but not Z moves.
The boost is nice not all that changing apart from Beedrill
>>
>>32365694
>People think Lando T is broken and needs to be bumped up to Ubers

Nigga, just use ice beam!
>>
>>32360769
shed shell goodra
>>
>all this sub 1000 shitters
>>
File: i-just-dont-know-anymore.png (36KB, 872x625px) Image search: [Google]
i-just-dont-know-anymore.png
36KB, 872x625px
>always loved haunter way more then gengar, but haunter isn't good enough to use and eviolite doesn;t really help it
>Mega gengar is everrything I wish gengar's design was

>M-Gengar is too good and got banned
>>
>>32366694
Play cart. I don't know why you'd even entertain the notion of playing in Smogon's fiat meta these days.
>>
>>32366521
>Lando used rock slide
>FLINCH
>>
what happened to the smogon general?
>>
>>32367527
When was there a smogon general?
>>
>>32367554
2 years ago I think
>>
>>32367566
This guy is lying
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.