[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Foreshadowing Perfect Zygarde

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: terminus cave.png (33KB, 184x162px) Image search: [Google]
terminus cave.png
33KB, 184x162px
Still sucks that Zygarde really didn't amount to anything special except for a poor side quest and a concept that was poorly executed

Makes me wonder whether sequels, "Z" ever were planned or that the set of games we got now were all planned ahead, especially considering the 20th anniversary.
>>
Zygarde had so much potential going for it, but it was all wasted because GF wanted to make Gen VII for the 20th anniversary. Between its signature moves that never got distributed (Thousand Arrows/Waves) and how it was made to be in a trio alongside with Xerneas and Yveltal, GF really should've waited on Gen VII and worked on a third version for XY. There's a lot of things from XY that need some polishing anyway.
>>
It was all mindfuckery to surprise you when Z is actually the sequel to S/M
>>
>>32357762
Whatever we are going to get next, I hope there's something similar to a "Delta Emerald" episode, but dedicated to Zygarde

It's also pretty sad how Zygarde's lore isn't properly represented in the games, all the Complete form should have is Aura Break or a buffed version to really take down Xerneas & Yveltal along with the form change being done with the key item Zygarde Cube

A problem with Zygarde that I have is that its Complete form is so radically different looking compared to its base form, unlike the Primals or Megas which I don't mind being only in-battle Pokemon, but the Complete form is just such a wasted design to only be in-battle desu, especially considering the lore.
>>
File: 1492595647582.png (33KB, 184x162px) Image search: [Google]
1492595647582.png
33KB, 184x162px
>>32357756
>there are people on this board who don't think mozart is still alive
THE CLUES ARE RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU
>>
>>32357788
S/M 2
the 2 will also resemble a Z
>>
>>32357806
>>32357803
Idk about you guys, but Complete Zygarde got 1 tail and 4 wings and when it attacks using Core Enforcer it folds its tail and wings to look like a Z and if it were to fold it wings it would pretty much look like the part of terminus cave where we find Zygarde in XY. Regardless. whether it was intentional or not the symbolism is at least neat

>clearly hitler is still alive in brazil since his body never was found
>>
>It's another "Hurr durr they planned Z but scrapped it midway" episode
I'm gettig tired of this meme.
>>
>>32357756
The only thing he didn't get was a more elaborate story, and I don't see how that is necessary. It isn't the first Legendary to not get a elaborate story, nor will it be the last one. What makes this one so special that you feel like you have to bitch about it? What about Mew and Mewtwo? Even Lugia and Ho-oh get next to no story, just a single, really small cutscene. And even that was 10 years after their reveal, in HGSS.

>poor side quest
The side quest was fun.
>>
>>32357942
>Mew was the first ever mythical and shoehorned into RG/BY a few weeks before the games shipped

Mew is a victim of circumstance and is the first ever mythical pokemon, very few mythicals have had much of a story elaborated. Ho-Oh & Lugia were the first ever legendaries to be somewhat relevant to the main story, at the very least they are the first ever legendaries to be forced upon the player during the main story.

>You can't complain about new Pokemon not getting an elaborate story because I said so

Just because there are other legendaries like the birds and golems that got either little to no background doesn't mean that there can't be other more "important" legendaries like the mascot ones or a whole trio like the weather trio to get a detailed background or storyline, Zygarde for instance would've been perfect as a part of the plot to stop the UBs. UBs are alien to the ecosystem, dangerous and threaten the ecosystem Zygarde protects. It'd be perfect as an UB eradicator.

>The side quest was fun
If you like things to be tedious and repetitive, then probably yes. 95 cells, day/night exclusives and no proper summary for how many cells there are left on each specific island. Enjoy finding a guide online, when a game never should lose is audience.
>>
>>32358009
>Mew is a victim of circumstance and is the first ever mythical pokemon, very few mythicals have had much of a story elaborated
How does that make them any less important?

>Ho-Oh & Lugia were the first ever legendaries to be somewhat relevant to the main story, at the very least they are the first ever legendaries to be forced upon the player during the main story.
No, no they weren't. That was Gen 4 Legendaries. Lugia and Ho-oh were OPTIONAL in GSC. You weren't even required to catch Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza. This stupid tread started with Gen 4.

>doesn't mean that there can't be other more "important" legendaries like the mascot ones or a whole trio like the weather trio
And just like that, because some do get elaborate stories, doesn't mean all have to get elaborate stories.

>>Zygarde for instance would've been perfect as a part of the plot to stop the UBs, because UBs are alien to the ecosystem
No more so than Mewtwo, Genesect, Porygon, Deoxys or Null are. Even other Legendaries, like Hoopa, Groudon, Kyogre and Kyurem are more threatening to everything than UBs. If he doesn't need to be involved with any of them, I don't see what makes UBs so special.

>If you like things to be tedious and repetitive, then probably yes
>Enjoy finding a guide online
Tedious, it wasn't. Repetitive, quite literally everything in Pokemon is. Except for a few day/night only cells, the rest were easily found if you just play the game. This is basically the same thing as Heart Pieces in Zelda, except you don't get any from Minigames and have to just find them all.
>>
>>32358064
I never said Mew was somehow less important, but it at least got some lore at the mansion on Cinnabar along with Mewtwo.

Memory served me wrong,I personally remember always going for Ho-Oh/Lugia back in GS, even HGSS. Regardless, they were the first attempt at incorporating them into story and having legendaries as version mascots.

>Repetitive, quite literally everything in Pokemon is

Doesn't justify that everything else should be repetitive at all

>No more so than Mewtwo, Genesect, Porygon, Deoxys or Null are. Even other Legendaries, like Hoopa, Groudon, Kyogre and Kyurem are more threatening to everything than UBs. If he doesn't need to be involved with any of them, I don't see what makes UBs so special.

None of the above were even mentioned specifically, unlike Zygarde which might be in Alola for "a reason" as said in-game. And if you want to force the "these are also dangerous to the environment card" then I'm not going to argue against that, since this is specifically regarding Alola and the UBs. Zygarde is a later creation and I doubt GF ever gonna explain its relationship with previous creations of theirs and their in-game lore and how all of this balancing stuff would fit together.

>I haven't played Zelda
>>
File: Zygarde 100%.jpg (136KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Zygarde 100%.jpg
136KB, 1366x768px
>>32357756
>>
>>32357762
I don't think sun/moon is something Game Freak "just wanted to make". I think that's what they were trying to make all along. Most believe that X/Y/OR/AS were Sun and Moon prototypes that got developed into the games they were just to keep players occupied until Sun and Moon came out. Personally I think Zygarde was originally tied to Sun and Moon. It complete form design is more reflective of alchemy themes that it is with Norse themes. While the core idea (hehe get it) for it to go from a cute cell to bulked up badass was there from the beginning, it's playable forms (along with its name) were possibly readjusted to fit the Norse themes of X/Y.
>>
>>32358604
Nice pun anon

I just hope it'll eventually get Aura Break and that the comp forme will end up changeable in the future to get said ability
>>
>>32357806
How could he still be alive?
I'd be ancient by now.
>>
>>32357904
>two Gen VI games in Bank's code after ORAS that were conveniently skipped over for SM
>Arrows and Waves in XY's code
>AZ's Floette
It's obvious they had something planned but ditched it for the 20th anniversary.
>>
>>32358678
This.
>>
>>32358628
It'd be literally perfect then

dew it
>>
File: IMG_0969.jpg (40KB, 178x1160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0969.jpg
40KB, 178x1160px
>>32358645
>>
Whatever the next installment is, I hope Jigarude-san is relevant in it and gets somewhat revamped desu
>>
>>32358678
>It's obvious they had something planned but ditched it for the 20th anniversary.

Who says it's not still in the works?
>>
>>32357756
>The star on Necrozma's back is often associated with chaos
>Zygarde represents order
>Both have a base form with 600 bst
>Both incorporate colors of a rainbow in their design
>The concept art implies that Necrozma's alternate form is draconic, just like Zygarde
>Zygarde appears in Alola around the same time Necrozma awakens
Pokemon Order and Chaos versions when?
>>
>>32357756
>>32357762
>>32357904
>>32357942
>>32358678
the worst part is that [/spoiler]we will never ever know the truth[/spoiler]
>>
>>32364031
aw heck I messed up the spoiler

Well, that sure says a lot about all this, then...
>>
>>32363128
Gen 6 is over anon
>>
>>32364031
We already do. Masuda stated that Pokemon Z was never planned, which ultimately means that it was planned, but Masuda didn't want to admit they fucked the timing of releases.
>>
>>32364055
Gen 6.5 tho
>>
>>32357756
My theory is that GF is thinking ahead and predicted that consumers would be tired of straight up remakes by the time gen 5 remakes rolled out, so they purposefully held out on Z and Star so they can go "BUY POKÉMON Z IT'S TOTALLY NOT A REMAKE IT'S A BRAND NEW ADVENTURE THAT HAPPENS TO TAKE PLACE IN KALOS! NEVER SEEN BEFORE!" instead of simply remaking XY in the future
>>
File: image.png (3KB, 185x246px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3KB, 185x246px
>>32364067
>>
>>32364059
This theory makes sense.

The 20th anniversary didn't "sneak up on them" and they have to roughly plan out the duration and so on of a franchise, because they have to plan out not just video game releases, but card game expansion dates, the overall anime arcs, etc. There's some flexibility with it all, but at least they have to have a plan 2-3 years in advance, if not more likely a 4-5 year plan.

If anything, X/Y might've come out too late or otherwise somehow been delayed. That meant there wasn't enough room for a Z version after ORAS, because they'd shortchanged themselves for the start of Gen 6. Gen 7's start was more or less set in stone for whatever purposes, so they rather would've dropped Z than delay S/M.

I think this is pretty reasonably substantiated by the fact the TCG didn't have enough time to release all the Mega Evolution cards they wanted to, are still releasing XY-era promo cards alongside SM-era cards in a bizarre, otherwise unprecedented nature, and there's a shit-ton of loose ends.

I am still banking on the idea we can expect X2/Y2 or Z to come out sometime soon, rather than forfeit whatever resources/character design/etc. they had put into that game before it became obvious there wouldn't be a good time to release it.
>>
I hope it's not the last Pokemon you can personally modify in a science lab.
>>
>>32363871
If Necrozma gets a permanent alt form, then Zygarde's complete form should get to stay as well desu and give it Aura Break so that it still can do something against its own counterparts tho
>>
File: 1483327462956.jpg (6KB, 230x208px) Image search: [Google]
1483327462956.jpg
6KB, 230x208px
what about this guy's future?
>>
>>32364171
>I am still banking on the idea we can expect X2/Y2 or Z to come out sometime soon, rather than forfeit whatever resources/character design/etc. they had put into that game before it became obvious there wouldn't be a good time to release it.

Got any theories or speculation how it would wind up?

It'd be neat to know whether Lysandre is ded or not and, personally I speculate that if we end up with some kind of X2/Y2/Z/S2/M2 installment that the Zygarde again found in SM was incomplete (much like the one in XY) and this new one that would be available in whatever the next installment is, would be "perfected". I know the Zygarde Cube is pretty much just there for the gameplay mechanics surrounding Zygarde, but it's just so strange that it has to used to force power construct on it, while it really can naturally change forms at will.
>>
>>32364055
>>32364067
>Implying the next games won't give us a storyline for Zygarde

it was their plan all along and you should've thought ahead, this is actually gen 7.65 :^)
>>
File: 1492568060092.jpg (136KB, 1024x1276px) Image search: [Google]
1492568060092.jpg
136KB, 1024x1276px
>>32365795
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.