[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

recommend me a good first pokemon game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (53KB, 540x960px)
image.jpg
53KB, 540x960px
i've played pokemon go and it was ok but i wanna play the real games. i've never played anything but pokemon go so im basically a virgin.

recommend me a good first pokemon game. if you need to ask me some personality questions to help base your recommendation on go ahead.

also greetings from /soc/ and /ic/
>>
>>32354071
>innuendo
>attentionwhoring
>tripcode
>/soc/

Yeah, checks out
>>
>>32354071
Get out.
>>
>>32354071
Just start with the one of the newest games, either Sun or Moon. It's an unpopular opinion, you'll probably get folks telling you that you have to start with the classics, but fuck that.
>>
>>32354071
I recommend you to leave this board
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 960x960px
>>32354078
>>32354084
>>32354096

ouchie :(

>>32354093

ok but for what purpose
>>
>>32354071
>>32354102
Fuck off, slut.
>>
>>32354071
tits or gtfo
>>
>it's another "OP is a faggot degenerate that dresses up as girls instead of being crucified" episode
>>
>>32354276
Don't be a fag

>>32354071
>>32354102
Post feet pls
>>
I'll assume you aren't a troll and give a good answer.

Start with Sun or Moon if you like storylines and being up to date.

Start with FireRed or LeafGreen if you want to journey through Kanto and see a lot of the same Pokemon as the ones in Go.

There's really no better starting points for the series. Emerald, Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver, Black/White, and Black 2/White 2 are all good games too, but not as good for your first game.

I would just strongly advise againsr starting with Red/Blue, Yellow, or Gold/Silver/Crystal. They haven't aged well and would probably leave a bad taste in your mouth.
>>
>>32354309
>I'll assume you aren't a troll
What?

The whiteknight has arrived ladies and gentlemens.
>>
>>32354102
>Nose piercing
>Dyed hair
>Fallout shirt
Is this another Tumblr invasion?
>>
>>32354309
This probably.
Also, why do you post your face anona?, you know that this kind of threads are pretty insecure...
>>
>>32354400
>threads
Well with threads, I meant 4chan in general.
>>
>>32354328
>thinking an attentionwhore might actually want an answer is whiteknighting now
wew
>>
>>32354309
>I would just strongly advise againsr starting with Red/Blue, Yellow, or Gold/Silver/Crystal.

But playing those first is how you come to appreciate all the improvements made in the later games.
>>
Just emulate Black & White, If you plan going hard on Pokemon, go for Platinum.
Leaf Green & Fire Red are good starting points too
>>
>>32354423
When was the last time you played them? Going back, it's crazy that they took off at all. So much of the game is painful, unintuitive, or just bad. Without the benefit of nostalgia, they're basically unplayable.
>>
Sun and Moon are really the best starter games in the series. I've introduced a few people to Pokemon through them, ranging from an 10 year old to 19 year olds.

As to why, they're simple and good. Everything you need to know about the game, the game will explain. This is something older fans have criticized, but it's great for beginners. There's no pointless areas or houses that would waste your time. You're actually rewarded with a Legendary for wanting to see every nook and cranny of the region, so exploration is always rewarded.

There's also a in-game type chart, so you don't have to worry about remembering all the type combinations. It doesn't give you an unfair advantage, as it only comes in effect on your second battle with any given Pokemon, when you should have this knowledge normally. They get rid of a lot of annoying system, like HMs or gimmicky battle styles like Sky Battles. The amount of content during the main game and post games is the best of any game yet, barring remakes or third versions. It also makes breeding and such easier.

Even if you use EXP Share, the difficulty is pretty high. But at no point is it unfair. Just like with all games, you always will have the right tools to win, it just won't be easy. Refresh gets rid of more annoying stuff by letting you cure your Pokemon, and it is the best thing yet if you just want to play with your Pokemon. It is missing the minigames, but honestly, it's more cuter and fun than those minigames were. The graphics and controls are great. GF finally understood how to make a 3D game with this. That's also lead to the level design being nicer and easier to traverse. On top of that all, it's got an actually good story to get you invested. A first for Pokemon, outside of spin offs.

You can start with XY too, since they're easier, but really, SM are the perfect games to start with.
>>
>>32354071
Okay, ignore the "Kys tits or gtfo" shitposters, I'll recommend a game, but if you are to stay on this board, I'd recommend losing the trip because people on this board HATE tripfags (myself included, but I'm not going to shit on you since you're new).

My /adv/ice: get Diamond/Pearl/Platinum first. Gen 4 was really nice I grew up with it and it has enough gen 1 and 2 mons to satisfy Pokemon Go players, so it should be an easy transition.

Also, get a Mystery dungeon game because those are fun.
>>
>>32354530
>Sun and Moon are really the best starter games in the series

This is mainly because of the insanely large amount of handholding.
>>
>>32354071
>>32354071
Start from the bottom anona. Either play red or 'blue' or yellow. Eshop or cartridge.
>>
>>32354071
So, "Rain", I'm guessing you've left by now? Well, tell /soc/ we say hi.
>>
>>32354071
Play HGSS, then Platinum, then BW, and then lastly BW2. Those 4 games are the only ones you need to play
>>
>>32354071
>>32354102
You look like a stripper.

>>32354309
>>32354530
>Start with Sun or Moon
No. FireRed/LeafGreen or bust.

>>32354509
t. hoennbaby

>>32354555
>recommending Diamond or Pearl to a newbie
Only a sinnohfetus can be this much of an idiot.
>>
>>32354093
>being this fucking wrong
Get fucked by a cactus.
>>
>>32354729
>t. hoennbaby
Johtoddler actually, but sure.

They're shit games. You're shit too.
There is no reason whatsoever not to play FR/LG or HG/SS instead.
>>
>>32354621
>we
Fuck off >>>/b/ack to reddit
>>
>>32354301
this
>>
>32354729
>spewing shit over all gens that aren't gen 1
>sucking off gen 1
>gen 1
Let's play "spot the genwunner"
I'll bet you think that anything past gen one isn't real pokemon.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.