[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

eviolite really killed cross evos or it's just a dumb /vp/ meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: development-eviolite.jpg (125KB, 808x400px) Image search: [Google]
development-eviolite.jpg
125KB, 808x400px
eviolite really killed cross evos or it's just a dumb /vp/ meme?
>>
It's a meme
>>
100% meme
>>
>>32353022

Well, we haven't gotten anymore (aside from Sylveon) since it debuted, have we?

They're pretty much done with them. If they want to do something with an old Pokemon now, they either give it a Mega Evolution or a new form (like Ash-Greninja and Alolan forms).
>>
It's not Eviolite by itself but rather GF being lazy
>>
There's no way to know for sure, but it shows Gamefreak pays plenty of attention to eviolite. They've made defensive non-final stage mons such a Mareanie super garbage so that Eviolite won't make them as or more viable than their evolved forms. It's not difficult to believe that they're afraid crossevos might bring out things beyond their foresight.
>>
There's not a single viable Eviolite Pokemon that was originally designed as a NFE Pokemon

Something as bulky as Chansey should not be allowed to nearly double its defenses at no cost
>>
>>32353022
We've gotten Sylveon. It's a meme.
>>
>>32353022
Poor reception of the gen 4 crossevos killed them.
>>
>>32353113

Branched evos are an exception
>>
>>32353133

The only negatively received ones where Rhyperior, Lickilicky, and Magmortar

The rest were either positively received or "meh"

I really don't think fan reception had anything to do with it, I think they just made all they wanted to make in Gen 4.
>>
Maybe it's a small factor, but it's most likely because nostalgiatards kicked and screamed when gen 4 evos ruined their pokebros, when electivire looks 100 times better than retarded ass bee tiger electabuzz.

I guess it also takes effort to come up with new evolution methods to justify why those pokemon couldn't just evolve in previous games (which they did with every cross gen evolution except for friendship mons)
>>
>>32353108
>There's not a single viable Eviolite Pokemon that was originally designed as a NFE Pokemon
Doublade.
>>
>>32353252
Pawniard
>>
>>32353022
more likely mega
>>
>>32353252

Not viable
>>
>>32353343
It's UU
>>
It's a dumb meme. A lot of shitmons wouldn't be overpowered if they got boosted defenses. The worst case scenario was making Chansey stronger than Blissey and it already happened.
>>
They could still 100% do them, if it was the right mon. Farfetch'd, Sunflora, or Chimecho for example. None of them would be any good even with eviolite. But they have potential in an evolution to be somewaht decent.

It's more what these anons said >>32353034 >>32353035

they don't give a shit about most of the old garbage mons, unless they're popular with the fans they aren't going to bother giving them evolutions cuz there's no incentive to do so
>>
It's a meme. It's just standard GF dropping shit like how there's no new megas this gen. They don't give a fuck about stat inconsistencies like people like to imply or they wouldn't have done a bunch of stat changes in the past two gens.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.