[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about SM?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: SM box art.jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
SM box art.jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
How do you feel about SM?
>>
Boring
>>
>>32350290
Okay/10

>>32350292
decent opinion for a trip
>>
>>32350290
3rd best gen
>>
>>32350290
Eh/Meh
>>
>>32350290
I feel an immense amount of hate and disappointment.
>>
File: Necrozma_SM_concept_art.jpg (1MB, 1280x945px) Image search: [Google]
Necrozma_SM_concept_art.jpg
1MB, 1280x945px
I really liked it, but I definitely acknowledge some serious flaws. I just how whatever they do next tries to fix those

Also I want to know what necrozma is, and how I can protect its smile
>>
>>32350290
One of my favorites.
>>
File: GLADion.png (449KB, 532x480px) Image search: [Google]
GLADion.png
449KB, 532x480px
real good for 1st playthrough, one of the best
Way too many cut scenes and you can't skip them which makes subsequent playthroughs a huge slog. 7.8/10
>>
>>32350334
Stop liking Necrozma.
>>
>>32350290
I enjoyed them and am excited by the direction the series is going.
>>
>>32350290
Like the improved game mechanics but hate the setting. One of my least favorite main games.
>>
better than X/Y but that's not saying much, still inferior to golden age emerald/platinum/HGSS/B2W2
>>
>>32350290
They make me feel empty inside.
>>
Very mixed.

I loved playing through it, but once I hit the endgame, my motivation to keep playing just died. Even finishing the UB quests felt like a slog, and I'm basically forcing myself to get through the Battle Tree now. Worst of all, if it weren't for the living dex I brought up, there's no chance I would have finished the dex this gen.

So I liked it at first, but god damn does it feel dead now.
>>
>>32350393
Don't let the desperation for a good game delude you. XY are disappointing, but SM are still worse.
>>
>>32350419
no S/M at least had some semblance of challenge
>>
File: 1469191360822.png (263KB, 408x394px) Image search: [Google]
1469191360822.png
263KB, 408x394px
Good example of presentation over gameplay. Haven't played it in over two months because there's nothing left to do and I've lost interest. I enjoyed it but not nearly enough subsistence and I was left expecting more. Also things like no trainer rematches, removing the dexnav, and replacing the PSS with Festival Plaza hindered the experience a bit. Felt too bare bones. It's more memorable than XY but that isn't saying much as XY were the most forgettable games in the entire series. Can't even remember Team Flare's motivations and you probably can't ether. It's a 6.5/10 that could of easily been a 7.5 or a 8 if there was more crammed into it. I'm only being more critical because I expected Game Freak to really come back after XY and ORAS were letdowns. Once the honeymoon period ended I was left with a game that looks and sounds better but only fixes gameplay problems to add new ones.
>>
s'okay
>>
>>32350290
My least favorite to date :/

The gameplay was much more linear than previous generations with too much hand holding/cutscenes in the early hours.

Not a lot of new pokemon which really make or a break a region for me, and the new ones didn't really grab my attention. The region also feels hella small because of the islands and lack of exploration.

Story was nice IMO, the characters felt more real and interesting due to all of the cutscenes. I'm glad they backed down slightly from the tropey doomsday villain nonsense from generations 4-6

Overall eh, kinda disappointed
>>
>>32350290
They're okay, but they're really nothing special. Gameplay is somewhat undermined by performance issues and severely undermined by constant cutscenes and fade-to-black stops. The plot is mediocre and obvious (though that's every Pokemon game) and Lillie being a criticism-shield for the game doesn't help matters.
>>
>>32350290
Ruined Zygarde. All for a gimmick and a shit quest, other than that SM is pretty decent, though I fear for Necrozma's future.
>>
>>32350783
I went into SM almost entirely blind, except for knowing the starters fully evos and Zygarde's new formes.

I've never been as disappointed with a legendary before until finishing the quest with Zygarde in it, and for all the hard work finding all those shitty cells we don't even get to keep the mecha forme that just ruined the whole experience for me and felt underwhelming as a post-game reward.
>>
>>32350290
I was a little disappointed with it. I felt like they took 2 steps back when it came to some features.
>>
I actually really liked it, it felt fresh. It is definitely one of those games that is only good during the story mode though. I also liked how it was challenging on occasion. There's a lot of flaws that really could have been addressed, but most of them don't bother me while I'm actually playing the game, though they can still be disappointing.

I did like most of the new Pokemon, but hated the bias towards Gen 1 Pokemon in the dex.
>>
>>32350290
the storyline wasn't especially interesting, which is odd because they apparently put a lot more effort into it this time
>>
>>32350290

The region doesn't feel new. Did we really need another tropical region when the previous game was in Hoenn?
>>
For all of its flaws, I like SM. It's by no means my favourite Pokemon games (it ranks low in my favourites), but I kinda enjoyed seeing a more story-driven Pokemon game, even if the plot did suck. I feel that SM is only fun during the main adventure, though. The post-game is absolutely abysmal.
>>
Loved the streamlining of many features (HMs, able to see statuses in battles, Pelago, etc).
Loved 3D movement. Loved more realistic figures (XY / ORAS chibis look like SHIT comparing to SM).

At first I was dissapointed with the whole "trainers have 2 pokemon max". But then I went to replay SS and understood. The game has much better dynamics, flow and pacing (I know HGSS gets shitted on for the curve and stuff but still).

Overall satisfied and happy with the direction.

The only sour feeling is the lack of interesting postgame, as usual, as well as the absense of side activities like contests / pokeathlon etc.
>>
>>32351431
Oh and 20 minute cutscenes can fuck right off.
>>
>>32350290
Overhyped/10.
Decent, but badly need a sequel.

I enjoyed them more than X&Y. Then again, Gen 6 was quite bad, so that's not really impressive.
>>
>>32350290
Too dependant on Kanto (even the dex was too biased in favour of Gen 1), could've benefited from more references to the other 5 regions. The Battle Tree's roster is far too small, and even then it's just another Battle Tower rehash - something like the PWT updated to include XY gym leaders would've been much better imo.
The plot was alright, but not something I'd play through again.
>>
>>32350290
I really enjoyed them, they felt like the much needed departure from the previous formula. First time I actually felt excited to see what was going to happen next in a Pokemon game.

I especially liked the region and the trials. Totem battles were more enjoyable than the now stale gym battles. They had their share of flaws in terms of how they approached the story and suffer from the regular problem of removing features from previous gens, but overall they brought back my excitement for the series.

Though SM also made me think what they're going to do next for the series. A lot of the stuff that made the games what they are I don't see extending to future gens.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.