[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which gen had the worst concentration of viable Pokemon vs shitmons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: 1489935531374.png (384KB, 1024x705px) Image search: [Google]
1489935531374.png
384KB, 1024x705px
>>
>>32349631
Gen VII?
>>
>>32349631
Gen 3 or 5 probably. Define shitmon though, anything that's in NU or PU?
>>
I mean gen 7 was full of shit mons and then meta defining ultra beasts and tapus
>>
>>32349655
Basically anything that's got no redeeming qualities whatsoever that make it worth using over anything else.... shit like Unown, for example.
>>
>>32349699
So gimmickmons?
>>
>>32349718
Basically.
>>
>>32349631
Assuming you mean highest number of shitmons to lowest number of viable (sees use in OU+, not necessarily banned to it), at the time of the game's release, probably gen 3. The only truly viable gen 3 pokemon were the ubers, the latis, Jirachi, the pseudos, Shedinja, Ninjask, Walrein, and MAAAAYBE Aggron, Regice, Swampert, and Flygon. After excluding the gimmickmons and ubers, that leaves 2, maybe 3 lesser legendaries and no more than 6 normie pokemon. That's pretty awful, considering gen 3 was a bigger gen. Time and ability or move updates has helped a few, but the gen is still pretty shit mechanically.
>>
>>32349737
That's not really indicative of a shitmon though and there are a lot of shitmons who aren't gimmickmons.
>>
Gen 2.

Basically the only new Pokemon from that generation who managed to be metagame usable were either evolutions of Gen 1 Pokemon, Legendaries, or Skarmory.
>>
Gen 2 or 7
>>
>>32349826
What? Flygon and Swampert were much better than Shedinja at the time. Shedinja was effectively useless because Tyranitar was everywhere, and that meant most OU battles took place in a sandstorm. Breloom was also better than shit like Aggron and Walrein, even without physical grass moves. Gen 2 on the other hand didn't bring any useful new mons that weren't legendaries, Tyranitar or a Snorlax counter, though a lot of them did improve later.
>>
>>32349911
>umbreon
>miltank
>blissey
I'm guessing Heracross is the Snorlax counter
>>
>>32349970
I was thinking Steelix which was pretty shit otherwise, but yeah, all of those were pretty good too.
>>
>>32349631
Gen 2? Literally anything you would want to use was in the endgame.
>>
>>32349911
Shedinja was primarily used as a gimmick and a counter to rain teams, which while nowhere near as prevalent without an OU approved Drizzler, were still dangerous and ruined a number of pokemon when Tyranitar was not on the menu. By no means a staple, but Shedinja's gimmick is one that survives even in today's world of sneaky pebbles, increased anti-bug coverage, and damn lies.
Walrein was a defining pokemon of gen 3, and to a lesser extent gen 4. Stallrein is a term that still garners respect from oldfags.
I'll admit I totally forgot Breloom, Spore-punch was hot shit back then.
Flygon really wasn't very good back in gen 3. It's middling stats were just as punishing then, and the odd status of physical and special moves meant more things were prone to randomly running ice beam.

Gen 2 introduced Skarmbliss, Misdreavus (Who was very viable gen 2), and a handful of others, which is certainly a smaller number than gen 3, but there is almost half as many gen 2 pokemon as gen 3, making the ratio still better.
>>
>>32349880
Let's be real here, less than 50% of /vp/ was even around in gen 2, and of those that were 99% were young children totally uninterested in the "metagame".
>>
>>32350007
>Quagsire
>Heracross
>Forretress
>Miltank
>friendship Eeveelutions
Fuck you nigger
>>
>>32350012
Stallrein was lots of fun in gen 4 thanks to Ice Body, but it wasn't that great in gen 3 OU after the initial RS only meta. Swampert and Lapras did the same things it did but had either a better typing or better movepool. Flygon was kinda useful just because it was one of the few things that resisted rock and ground, and its speed back then was still pretty good.
Agreed on the rest, though. Gen 3 definitely brought more shitmons than gen 2, though I'm not sure which one had the highest ratio of shitmons to non-shitmons.
>>
Gen 3 is a given
Gen 7 is another awful one, EVERYTHING that's not a tapu, marowak and muk is utter shit
>>
back in gen 6 it was gen 3 by a considerable margin, gen 1 was second and gen 2 was third. I would rather wait for the mega stones to drop and the meta to settle a bit before doing another check.

So for now, at least in regards to singles, gen 3 is the objective worst.
>>
I didn't even but Sun and Moon I'm that fucked with it. Everything except ultrashit is useless.
>>
>>32350192
>>32350956
>anything that's not OU or Ubers is a useless shitmon
>forgetting an obvious OU mon like Toxapex
wew

Anyway, gen 7's low number of mons but okay amount of viable ones(at least compared to previous gens) actually gives it a lower ratio of shitmons to good ones compared to other gens.

I'd say either gen 2 or 3.
>>
>>32349970
>I'm guessing Heracross is the Snorlax counter
How to spot someone who never played gen 2
>>
>>32349894
/thread
>>
>>32350192
And even the tapus have some issues.
>>
>>32349631
V

Which people also forget when posting "Aslowla"
>>
>>32349826

>loom
>mgross
>mence
>blaziken
>not on the list

are you retarded?
>>
>>32349631
ll is full of shitmons.
>>
>>32349880

Heracross and Forry were/are used in OU/UU
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.