[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why am I not allowed to transfer pokemon form gen 7 to gen 6?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: pokemon bank.jpg (69KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon bank.jpg
69KB, 640x360px
why am I not allowed to transfer pokemon form gen 7 to gen 6? even pokemon I originally got from there can't be transferred back.

I want access to the move tutor, bred a pretty good scyther and just now realized it can't have technician bug bite
>>
Haha I don't really know
>>
Probably because there's no way to retain the new flags. Hyper training, ribbons and whatnot.
>>
Probably because they'd have to make a patch for Gen 6.
>>
>>32348672
>>32348687
doesnt sound like a lot of effort, sometimes I'm wondering what I pay for. I hope whatever game comes next for gen 7 at least brings the move tutor back and then the whole franchise gets a soft reboot on the switch.

no megas, no z moves, no IVs, 50 additional EVs
>>
>>32348672
this is the correct answer. as soon as you transfer the pokemon to gen 7, new data gets added to the pokemon's byte structure. nintendo didn't want to risk data loss and were too lazy to do the extra coding to even check if any gen7 only shit was even added, so prevented any of the pokemon with the additional bytes from going back
>>
>>32348769
Seems like most of the "problems" gf has with this issue can be remedied by just putting the bare minimum amount of time into thinking about it.

We all know this is in their best interest to do nothing about it anyway.
>>
just
>>
inject
>>
>>32348970
>>32348982
If I want to play with perfect pokemon I just play showdown.

raising pokemon is a big part of the fun for me in pokemon games
>>
>>32348986
you ruined it
>>
Holy shit, are you literally me?

Today I bred 6 mons to play XY with, only to find I can't transfer them from SM to it. Fuck you nintendo.
>>
>Making pokemon bank
> doesn't solve anything

I think I'm done with pokemon games. Should I move my pokemon into Hoenn (the first region games I played), or should I move them to Alola and meet up with some of my new bro mons?
>>
>evee can't learn heal bell through breeding
>>
>>32348725
If you think it doesn't sound like a lot of effort, then you must not understand the problem and the effort required to do such a thing correctly.
>>
>>32349532
>now having a whole backup of your collection to inject into each new game as they come out
>>
>>32349007
good
>>
>>32348725
Yeah you no absoulutly nothing about programming please shut the fuck up
>>
>>32349762
Gen 2 had backwards trading with the exact same conditions that OP is desiring and more. There's absolutely no good excuse to not allow tradebacks to any gen via Bank assuming there's no moves/ribbons/etc on the Pokemon that didn't exist in the target gen
>>
>>32349947
Gen 2 was 15 fucking years ago and couldnt connect to wifi and has barely any of the actual things mentioned as being the reason why. everytime you guys have been given an answer to the question you just whine that gamefreak is lazy.
>>
>>32349762
>If you think it doesn't sound like a lot of effort,

Oh no, you mean they need to put effort into the things they make? Oy vey, that won't make people money or happy.
>>
>>32349988
>Be 15 years ago
>could breed an Alakazam with the elemental punches and Psychic in gen 2
>could transfer this back to gen 1 to rape friends/Stadium
>could teach something a TM from gen 1 before transferring to gen 2 for new moves, or old moves not obtainable in gen 1 for that specific pokemon
>pokemon transferred from gen 1 to 2 have hold items despite these not existing in gen 1
>be the current year
>technology has improved by leaps and bounds
>can only move forward with no items
>question this
>every faggot fanboy online responds with HURR U DON'T UNDERSTAND GUISE GAMEFREAK ISN'T LAZY THEY JUST DID IT 15 YEARS AGO BECAUSE IT'S TOO HARD NOW
>>
>>32350079
well... it's too hard now. If you know no shit about coding, you aren't allowed to complain... you autistic piece of shit.
>>
>>32350079
>doesn't realize that despite being more primitive, the technology used in gens 1-2 was miles easier to reverse-engineer/make backwards-compatible than the coding used in gens 6-7
>>
>>32350120
There's literally a fan made app you can get for free that allows you transfer from any gen to another, with the same conditions as transferring from gen two to gen one. Clearly you don't know shit about programming.
>>
>>32350079
Not moving items forward is a balancing measure. At least for gen 5 to 6 and 6 to 7.
>>
>>32350079
It's not hard, it's a business decision. They do not WANT you going back to the old games. They want the player base constantly moving forward and buying every new iteration that comes out.

It's the same reason they haven't done a reprint of HG/SS despite it still being a very high demand game 7 years later. It's the same reason they've been so hesitant to re-release games on the Virtual Console and instead insist on doing remakes. So on, so forth.
>>
>>32350120
If you knew anything about coding, you'd know that tracking simple data values is literally trivial aside from space constraints.
>>
>>32348725
>no megas, no z moves, no IVs, 50 additional EVs
Yeah, no.
>>
>>32348660
>i'll honestly ask about something that hasn't been a thing since fifteen fucking years ago
>>
>>32348725
This post wins today award for "most clueless idiot of /vp/". Gratz!
>>
>>32348725
It's a lot of effort
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.