[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WISH WE COULD TURN BACK TIME

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 15

File: 1475500353319.jpg (200KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475500353319.jpg
200KB, 1920x1080px
WISH WE COULD TURN BACK TIME
>>
>>32347033
No, get the fuck off of my board
>>
>>32347033
Every generation has been better than the last except gen 4 which is the worst
>>
>>32347055
>gen 4 wasn't mindblowingly better than gen 3 at that time.
>>
>>32347033
>>>/v/
>>
>>32347068
Gen 4 almost made me quit the franchise desu
still the generation I like least
>>
It's on the eshop. Go.
>>
>>32347033
I wish I had the kind of power to turn the tide and turn back the time too. I would not use that power for something stupid like this.
>>
>>32347068
Yes, you are correct. Gen 4 was mindblowingly worse than gen 3 in almost every regard. The game speed is unbearable.
>>
>>32347082
>>32347097
Samefag
>>
>everythingwrongwithgen1.jpg

Nah, they're fun to return to occasionally, but they've been outclassed by every other game.
>>
>>32347103
>no way two people could dislike the generation I grew up with!
sinnohfetus logic
>>
>>32347145
expect gen 7.

SM somehow manages to be worse than every other gen that became before it.
>>
>>32347161
No.
>>
>>32347161
I disagree.

Nothing is worse than a majority of the Pokemon being completely useless when Psychic types overthrow everything. A good 30+ Pokemon having Poison typing, while many others have horrific stats.
>>
>>32347168
Gen 7 isn't over yet but I agree with the anon. It's absolutely terrible. I never want to touch that game ever again. It was fun at first I will admit.
>>
>>32347033
>genwunner post on pokemon board
>using line from shitty top 40 pop song
>not "I WISH WE COULD GO BACK TO THE BEGINING" from The Time Has Come (Pikachu's Goodbye)
kys
>>
>>32347033
It's like vanilla wow. It will never be the same again. The feeling only lives in our memories.

Now go speedrun gen 1 PogChamp
>>
File: MuhGen1.png (1MB, 1437x1621px) Image search: [Google]
MuhGen1.png
1MB, 1437x1621px
>>32347033
>>
>>32347182
There are a lot of games that I liked, but haven't played that many times, if not ever again. I don't know what it is, but I do know that it occurred to me that I shouldn't judge a game's quality by how many times I play it.
>>
>>32347055
>>32347082
>>32347097
Jesus fucking christ what shit opinions. Is game speed the only fucking excuse you guys can come up with? I have no problem with the speed. You faggots just can't deal with your ADD. Plus, Gen 4 is the most aesthetically pleasing generation in the entire franchise, the OST was phenomenal, gave us Pokemon that actually looked like Gen1/2 Pokemon, a dope ass champion, a cool fucking villain team, and a great regional map.

The only problems are pace and Fire mons. I have a list three miles long, no doubt for everything wrong with Gen 5. THAT gen was a disaster. Check yourselves.
>>
I find it interesting that some people were so bothered by the game speed of gen 4.
>>
File: c22.png (210KB, 564x802px) Image search: [Google]
c22.png
210KB, 564x802px
Gen 4 was my last gen, not because it was bad but because i grew up and graduated highschool. Then later i got back into pokemon and nothing has ever felt the same as the first 4.
>>
>>32347217
Except no one has been able to prove the original image wrong.
>>
>>32347033
I'm waiting at the doctors now and a song with those exact lyrics is playing now.

Fucking buzzy
>>
>>32347409
You can't when a large portion of the air Hume the boils down to opinion and preference.
>>
>>32347033
That song is absolute shit.
>>
>>32347350
>Is game speed the only fucking excuse you guys can come up with?
It's one of the main complains, but other than that, there's the terrible graphics that were painful to look at, forgettable OST barring a few tracks, how more than half the Pokemon looked atrocious, shittiest looking evil team and a boring as fuck region.
>>
Why? You can still play this game everyday whenever you want
>>
>>32347044
Fuck "your board."
>>
>>32347544
I like gen 1 more as an adult than I did as a kid. I love cleaning out kanto because I understand all the weird quirks of the game
and I can actually read this time around
>>
>>32347055
Kys, retard.
>>
>>32347082
>>32347097
How about you both stick your dicks into each others' ears until you drill the fuck out of your retarded ass brains?
>>
>>32347350
I never mentioned game speed, myself. I hated the game feel, mostly, which all felt like too much of an attempt to be hip and cool. I didn't enjoy the soundfonts used for the music and I really didn't like the artstyle, the high fps really clashed with the stubby characters.
Gen 4 just isn't my generation, so please don't throw another fit.
>>
>>32347033
YEAH ME TOO SO I COULD KILL YOUR PARENTS AND YOU WOULD NEVER BE BORN
>>
>>32347151
Samefag
>>
>>32347350
my thoughts exactly
>>
File: BITES ZA DUSTO.png (164KB, 364x357px) Image search: [Google]
BITES ZA DUSTO.png
164KB, 364x357px
>>32347033
Sure, if you want...
>>
File: Mandomcolor.png (1MB, 604x780px) Image search: [Google]
Mandomcolor.png
1MB, 604x780px
>>32348336
>using an inferior stand
>>
>>32347350
>I have no problem with the speed
Of course you don't, you grew up with it.

Incidentally, your opinions are all null.
>>
>>32348365
And so are yours.
>>
File: overdesigned_trash.png (191KB, 900x670px) Image search: [Google]
overdesigned_trash.png
191KB, 900x670px
>>32347396
If you seriously think the first four gens can be grouped together it just proves you didn't play the first 2 gens. Gen 3 was definitively the birth of "nu-Pokémon", everything from the bloated slow engine to the crappy pseudo-3D graphics marks gen 4 out as a modern Pokémon game totally apart from the original 2 gens..
>>
>>32348361
Damn it's been some time since i've read that arc.
Ringo was great though and the fight itself was good psychological warfare mixed with a western shootout. Still prefer the Land of the Promises and Wreckingball arcs though.
>>
>>32347033
Eat shit.
>>
>>32347161
I love Sun/Moon tbqh.
>>
File: Pokemon-GSC-Johto-AzaleaTown.png (22KB, 544x368px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-GSC-Johto-AzaleaTown.png
22KB, 544x368px
>>32347350
>Gen 4 is the most aesthetically pleasing generation in the entire franchise
fucking underage faggots forgetting about gen 2's comfiness
>>
Remember that time we had a poll and most people here haven't even played gen 1. These are the people calling you "genwunner" and other shit
>>
>>32347350
>gave us Pokemon that actually looked like Gen1/2 Pokemon
Do you really believe this or are you shitposting? People shit on gen 4's designs because they DON'T look like gen 1 and 2.
>>
>>32349878
THIS. It kept shit simple and had the classic gen 1 assets, with only minor tweaks and vibrant colors (especially on an un-backlit LCD). Plus the Pokémon sprites were hands down the best in the entire series (although rivaled now by Gen V's IMHO). I thought visually speaking gen 3 and ESPECIALLY gen 4 were downgrades in terms of stylism.
>>
>>32347082
i honestly used to hate it too but after replaying it its become a favorite maybe over gen 3
>>
File: gold-silver.jpg (98KB, 470x235px) Image search: [Google]
gold-silver.jpg
98KB, 470x235px
INTO THE GOOD GOLD DAYS
>>
>>32349917
Opposite for me. I remember liking it when it came out and then when I played Platinum for the first time I honestly couldn't stand it. I had to force myself to finish it.
>>
>gen 4
>bad/forgettable OST
JUST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqBaDX33Eew
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr9KFynxBpA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PbnT0x0e5I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8cLW0Lckhc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LvCqhoiwQ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALbsX5oXHc8
>>
>>32349921

best gen coming through
>>
>>32347161
Gen 7 is amazing though. Really looking forward to whatever the next game is, Sun and Moon sequel/revision or DP remakes.
>>
>>32347292
if its a pokemon game being compared to the other pokemon games i think its valid to judge it based off of this
>>
>>32349933
Good music does not make a good game, or else the underagers on /vp/ wouldn't complain about Gen 2 so much (which had better music than gen 4).

It does help I'll admit, just like Starwars wouldn't be as great a hit if John Williams hadn't done such a great score. But that can only carry a game so far if everything underlying it is crap.
>>
File: 1491110499760.jpg (50KB, 416x280px) Image search: [Google]
1491110499760.jpg
50KB, 416x280px
>>32347350
>it's a "sinnohfetus is butthurt so he takes it out on Unova" episode
leave the last great gen out of this
>>
File: manofculture.jpg (27KB, 448x401px) Image search: [Google]
manofculture.jpg
27KB, 448x401px
>>32349938
Based anon
>>
>>32349921
>>32347033
i hate that song and these games
>>
>>32349961
The only way I can see people thinking gen 7 is amazing is if they're either wearing thick waifu goggles or are retards who only see the plot and nothing else.
>>
>>32349981
>physical/special split
>unique environments
>evos to pre-existing pokemon to make them less garbage
>mixed Dex
>good story and villains
>2nd best champion in the series
>challenging but fair difficulty
>Battle Frontier (albeit only Platinum)
>Shit ton of legendaries post-game to catch
>Pokeradar (kinda minor, but i really liked it)
>GTS and WiFi battles

And if we're talking about Gen 4 AS A WHOLE, then it remade Gen 2 better than it ever was.
What exactly was 'everything underlying' that made Gen 4 crap? Obviously its slow and i hate that too, but maybe there's something else i'm not seeing.
>>
>>32350030
I played Platinum for the first time a few months back. The first time I played a gen 4 game was right when Diamond and Pearl came out so it'd been a while. Honestly, I didn't enjoy it at all and was utterly surprised at how much praise the game got.

The main issues I had with the game were the engine's slow speed, environments that really shouldn't have been added because of the engine's slow speed, pokemon distribution, repeated cave trawling, and frankly how terrible some learnsets were. Granted this is mostly because of how everything in gen 6 and 7 really fixes learnsets for most Pokemon, so I'll let this slide. I also think the cave trawling would be a lot better if HM usage wasn't a requirement and if we could just turn off wild encounters for a bit. In addition, fog is the single worst thing in the entire franchise and whoever thought of it is a gigantic faggot. I also think the Battle Frontier is overrated garbage; I don't enjoy getting RNG fucked repeatedly and I'd rather get the items I want and play real people than a cheating AI.

Something I also noticed was that it felt like some Pokemon were better for the AI to use than for you to use. Like, using shit like Stunky, Glameow, even Croagunk was really horrendous but when the opponent uses them they're tedious and a chore to go through because of priority, speed, and other moves that slow a battle down (again, this goes back to the engine issue).

This is actually why I want a gen 4 remake, because a lot of these issues would likely be addressed in some way and we'd also get Wifi access back.
>>
>>32350030
A lot of your points are opinions though, they're not exactly something gen 4 itself brought to the table. Among your points the only things gen 4 brought to the table were physical/special split, evos (in terms of mechanics, not design), Pokeradar, and Wifi. Everything else is opinion.
>>
File: IMG_9031.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9031.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>>32347495
>My opinion is fact
>>
File: 1480937715050.png (184KB, 359x255px) Image search: [Google]
1480937715050.png
184KB, 359x255px
>>32350095
they'll just add more problems while only fixing a few things. This is Game Freak we're talking about, they've been dropping the ball for half a decade now
>>
>>32350030
>physical/special split
I have yet to see anything to convince me this is a great feature and not just a meme people like to repeat. We got along fine before the split and I guarantee you had it never happened no one would even be clamoring for it.
>unique environments
Gen 3 had those and even gen 2 did to some extent (ice cave, cinnabar volcano)
>evos to pre-existing pokemon to make them less garbage
Cross-gen evo has been around since gen 2, but I do grant you this point as I actually like some of gen 4's
>mixed Dex
this is true of every generation ever
>good story and villains
BWAHAHAHA good one, even gen 5's story was better. at least that one wasn't utterly forgettable.
>2nd best champion in the series
one trainer wow that makes up for everything wrong with the game
>challenging but fair difficulty
Piss easy until you get to Mt. Coronet which is more tedious than actually challenging. Nothing compared to Gen V's difficulty curve, although even that is easy by RPG standards.
>Battle Frontier (albeit only Platinum)
Every game since Crystal has had a battle facility of some sort and Gen 4's wasn't even that remarkable. This is just a standard feature.
>Shit ton of legendaries post-game to catch
I guess too much of a good thing is a really bad thing, who would have guessed? The Lake trio all look basically the same, Heatran/Cresselia/Regigigas are basically superfluous, and the lore for each "legendary" gets spread so thin as to be worthless.
>Pokeradar (kinda minor, but i really liked it)
agreed
>GTS and WiFi battles
4 of the 7 generations have had this standard feature now, and technically it wasn't even the first to do it (Japanese Crystal had trading and battles that used mobile data).

Also the gen 2 remakes suffered for being on the bloated and slow gen 4 engine, with its hideous sprites and pseudo-3D assets. I just wish they had saved the Johto remakes for a later gen with a better engine.
>>
>>32347161
I would rate SM about the same as XY but for different reasons. I still think Gen 3 was the weakest.
>>
>>32350129
Please don't hurt my hopes anon, I really want to enjoy DPPt. It (and HGSS somewhat) are the only games in the series that I don't enjoy.
>>
>>32350029
Alola is the comfiest region despite the lack of exploration.
>>
>>32350168
>Alola
Strange typo for Johto.
>>
File: sinnoh.png (2MB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
sinnoh.png
2MB, 1280x905px
>>32350095
This is the best opinion that actually tears apart all of gen IV's flaws I have seen here. Most people go straight to subjective features of the games like the Pokémon designs or the story, but you have clearly played through it and identified a lot that was wrong with it better than I could have. The fact is gen IV has never sat right with me, even when I first played it. But I couldn't put my finger on the reasons for it as well as you have.

Legendary abundance, HM abundance and the slow engine are biggest flaws with gen 4. Theoritically everything but the legendary situation could be fixed in a remake, while lore and music were some of the only things I liked about gen 4 and could easily be improved upon in a remake.
>>
File: gs.jpg (22KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
gs.jpg
22KB, 318x159px
>>32347033
Yes and No. I'd like to go back to Gen 4 or Gen 2 actually. Gen 5 was awesome and all that, but that was when I started getting burned out on the new mons. 493 is a great stopping point. Also, I don't want to go back to Gen 3 days.
>>
>>32350129
They can't possibly make it worse, anon. Every game they've released since gen 4 ended has been better than the best of gen 4.
>>
>>32350095
well fuck, you got me on fog
fuck fog and the faggot who invented it
the long route with double battles in fog is fucking bullshit FUCK

and HMs were tedious as hell, too. I'm glad later gens fixed the HM slave problem because having to use rock smash in Victory Road is bullshit.

For those points, i'm at least willing to agree. I think there's some contentious things like cave trawling when Gen 3 did it just as bad, if not worse with water. But i think Gen 4 gets a bad rap for a few shitty problems. Then again, i guess every gen does; just look at casuals when Black and White came out.

>>32350139
>physical/special split is a meme
I'm not a smogoon, but for me as a more casual player, the split helps differentiate what moves to give my pokemon to make sure they're the best they can be
i ain't the best to speak on this meme
>mixed dex true of every generation ever
Gen 5, but yea you're kinda right there
>gen 4's villains were shit and forgettable
Were Team Magma/Aqua memorable in the slightest? And was Team Rocket known for anything outside of being the first evil team and their appearance in the anime? They did nothing special at all.
>every game since Crystal has had a battle facility
the Battle Subway, Battle Maison, and Battle Tree are all fucking trash and after-game filler. Fight me.
>Lake Trio look the same
Genie trio
>4 out of 7 generations have had GTS or WiFi
Gen 4 was the first to add it on a worldwide scale

i admit a lot of your points pretty much hold true, but some of it is matter of opinion. I appreciated all the legendaries, but i can see why people didn't like the overabundance.
Every generation has problems and things people don't like.
>>
File: the dynamic duo.jpg (93KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
the dynamic duo.jpg
93KB, 800x450px
>>32350268
>They can't possibly make it worse
THAT'S WHERE YOU'RE WRONG KIDDO
>>
>>32347161
Gen 7 had a lot of potential to be good. Z moves are great, new mons are okay and overworld graphics are a step up from last gen.

Unfortunately the region was too fucking small and there was barely any postgame apart from battle tree and UB quests. Apart from Battle Spot, the games are pretty much dead post E4.
>>
>>32350289
This. I look forward to the novel and horrible ways Gamefreak will devise to disappoint its fans JUST when we thought they had already hit rock bottom.
>>
>>32350029
>who only see the plot and nothing else
And even then isn't that great.
>>
>>32350706
Yes, but people think garbage plots are amazing every time devs shit one out.
>>
>>32350501
I kinda wonder, if franchise is still going what will happen when those who originally made it die or leave.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.