[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was it scrapped?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: CcJyXR3W0AAIZyu.jpg (19KB, 528x355px) Image search: [Google]
CcJyXR3W0AAIZyu.jpg
19KB, 528x355px
Why was it scrapped?
>>
>>32346054
That is for Pokémon Stars. STARS!
>>
>>32346054
It was never going in in the first place. You got tricked into being hyped for the games through it, that's all it was for.
>>
>>32346054
What I'm thinking is that it was a design for parked cars you see in game. I don't think it was going to serve any real purpose aside from that
>>
>>32346174
this. makes me wonder why such technologies and mechs exist when you mostly use pokemon for what you do
>>
Because game freak are lazy. They'll get all up it the concept artwork but won't ever deliver in game. Such a shame. A Hawaii based region with real pokemon integration had such fucking potential. Instead we got an empty island, two empty hotels, an empty golf course, a billion empty motels and a village that wasn't even there. And apart from a tarous and miltank population, no pokemon integration. Maybe a weird oranguru receptionist.
>>
>>32346054
It became the Poke Ride, presumably.
>>
Also what about the PokéAmbulance?

Those games were so rushed
>>
>>32346349
It's more than just laziness. If pokemon were treated that way, the entire premise of pokeballs would be invalidated. It sort of already is, but it would have next to no reason to exist.
>>
>>32346054
>LOL! MOAR KANTO!
im glad that got scrapped.
>>
>>32346274
>>32346174
Speaking as a game dev, you end up doing a lot of concept art just based off the premise of your setting or game, and then you look at what actually fits into the gameplay experience. They decided "Hawaii game", and then went and found hawaii-esque things to influence their work. Someone probably drew this after being inspired by Hawaii's emergency vehicles, and they liked it can kept refining the concept. Once the game's areas and plot became fleshed out, it probably became clear that something like this wouldn't fit naturally, and would have to be awkwardly shoe-horned in to make sense. So they scrapped it, but kept the concept art around. They probably showed it off because it was fairly indicative of Hawaii being the chosen region.
>>
>>32346399
Whether it's Kanto or not, I can't think of a better Pokemon to be a fireman than a Blastoise. Either that or I'm forgetting something super obvious that would be better. I'm OK with Gen1 Mons if they fit well.
Charizard as the flying Pokemon is an example of a Pokemon that did not fit. It should have been Peliper or Unfezant. Peliper looks comfy to sit on and Male Unfezant have feather handles to hold
>>
>>32346054
These pictures were always meaningless. I remember when they showed some early concept arts with cars for gen 5 when it was being revealed, and it ended up being a bunch of nothing. Same thing here.
>>
>>32346054
There's already a interview where Ohmori/Masuda said that these early concepts eventually became the Poke Ride.
>>
>>32346054
>"This Blastoise firetruck is a pain in the ass to make, should we bother?"
>"Nah. We're going to sell millions of copies anyway. Scrap it. Don't worry about optimising the game to a stable FPS either"

Welcome to Game Freak
>>
>>32346054
Not all the shit that makes it onto concept artwork actually make it into the final product. Directors can scrap that kind of stuff all the time.
>>
>>32346054
Because kids woudnt be interested in it when they can check their smartphones

>>32346373
What?
>>
>>32346054
They were in Malie City, weren't they?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.