[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cross-gen evo appreciation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

File: Dq0F7jN.jpg (282KB, 1023x614px) Image search: [Google]
Dq0F7jN.jpg
282KB, 1023x614px
Why the fuck did they stop doing this? Adding evolutions in later gens was easily my favorite part of seeing the new pokedexes.
>inb4 sylveon and megas
You KNOW sylv doesn't count, and megas are cool but aren't the same because theyre temporary and *usually* don't change the design of the final stage too much, unlike actual evolutions.
>>
Which is your favorite /vp/?
Mine is pic related.
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 500x629px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 500x629px
It used to be firmly Gliscor, but lately I've been really appreciating Gallade and especially Froslass
>>
>gliscor
>weavile
>togekiss
>ambipom
>yanmega
>honchcrow
>porygonz

The goats
>>
File: Armor.png (2MB, 1360x1364px) Image search: [Google]
Armor.png
2MB, 1360x1364px
They stopped introducing them due to a mix of three things

>Genwunners complaining that en 4 evolutions ruined their favorite mon
>Gen 5 introducing 156 pokemon and making Gamefreak terrified of getting to the 1,000 mark
>Eviolite

Really hope pic related gets a Mega. He really deserves it.
>>
>>32343295
Ugh, eviolite is definitely part of why they stopped but it's not like most mons would be better than chansey with it anyway
>>
>>32343280
>ambipom
>good
fucking shit taste off yourself
>>
>>32343176
Do you realize gen II started this concept, idiot?
>>
I also miss this. I only dislike it when it drastically changes the concept of the design into something else, like how Rhydon goes from being a dinosaur rhinoceros to being Big O cosplaying as a builder with gun arms. Magmortar is fine because Magmar didn't even have a concept other than "buttface". Dusknoir is also awful.

But I like to think they gave it a rest for a while to build up a backlog of mons from gen 5, 6 and 7 they can add evos for in gen 8. I am almost certainly wrong.
>>
File: image.png (177KB, 700x820px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
177KB, 700x820px
>>32343220
gligar was 10/10, gliscor was a fucking 11/10

>>32344186
nowhere is it implied it isn't, sperg. The image is just there because it's a common example.
God, johto fans are easier to trigger than tumblrites
>>
>>32343295
Well they are also a even number gen thing sylveons just only one.
But i won't be surprised if they cop out and just give eevelutions dual type forms.
>>
I agree with OP.
My favorite part in discovering new Pokédexes was the discovery of the new cross-gen evolutions and pre-evolutions.

I hate that they stopped.
>>
File: dusknoir and litwick.png (236KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
dusknoir and litwick.png
236KB, 600x600px
>>32344212
>Dusknoir is also awful
you better take that shit back right now paisano
>>
File: x_gen_lines.png (139KB, 403x384px) Image search: [Google]
x_gen_lines.png
139KB, 403x384px
>>
One of Gen IV's biggest criticisms on launch was that a majority of the dex was cross-evos/prevos and "ruining" older Pokemon
>>
File: poryZ burn.png (47KB, 181x121px) Image search: [Google]
poryZ burn.png
47KB, 181x121px
Thanks for making Pory2 good.
>>
>>32343176
I used to hate the Gen 4 cross evos but as times went on and the fact we never get any cross gen evos again means I love them.

I also love the fact they built on so many gen 2 mon. I wish HGSS had incorporated them better.

I still hate Magmortars tail and Rhyperior colour scheme though
>>
>>32343295
>>Genwunners complaining that en 4 evolutions ruined their favorite mon

japan never complained that's only a gaijin fanbase problem
>>
If they decide to never give us more cross-gen evos like the ones in OP it would be a nice compromise to get some like Slowking, Bellosom, Politoad, etc. New branches off existing lines seems like a good way to balance new and familiar without going overboard.
>>
>>32344320
You better gonna put your legs on move.
>>
>>32344929
That would be pretty awesome.
Imagine
>vigoroth becomes angrier instead of becoming lazy again
>>
>>32344893
>evos/pre-evos introduced in gen 2 are marked with red
>Weavile is marked with red
Wyd
>>
>>32344181
>he doesn't like monkies
How does it feel to have shit taste?
>>
>>32343371
Eviolite is easy to get around if they just add branched evolutions like gallade and slowking
>>
>>32344918
It always annoying me that Silver never got to have Magnezone or Weavile in the post game at the League, kinda a lost opportunity as well.
>>
>>32346604
always annoyed me* baka autocorrect rip
>>
>>32343220
Mine's definitely Yanmega, but Magnezone and Mamoswine are great too.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.