[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that SM reboot the timeline what's the new one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

File: pvba5Ur.png (342KB, 500x1007px) Image search: [Google]
pvba5Ur.png
342KB, 500x1007px
Now that SM reboot the timeline what's the new one?
>>
File: jI5Ojw.png (264KB, 1228x1540px) Image search: [Google]
jI5Ojw.png
264KB, 1228x1540px
>>
File: 1294955800269.png (506KB, 666x569px) Image search: [Google]
1294955800269.png
506KB, 666x569px
>people actually think GF cares about muh timeline
>>
File: 13[1].png (22KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
13[1].png
22KB, 300x240px
>>32339691
>this is a 20 year old
>>
>>32339691
I like this

>>32339701
This is also true, they dont

>>32339671
This is a bait thread that will reach 300 replies
>>
>>32339691
>XY and BW is in the same year
Sauce on that?
>>
>>32339838
bw2 I meant
>>
>>32339671
>timeline
What is this, Zelda?
>>
>>32339671
We already know SM is two years after B2W2/XY as shown by Grimsley's concept art (and of course, Sina & Dexio reference the kids in Kalos).

>>32339838
It's from the same exact tweet as shown in the picture.
>>
>>32339691
that timeline dont make sense, gold met red when the two were kids , so an adult red means a adult gold, if the events of gen 2 and 4 are parallel why the battle tree's cynthia doesnt look older? also do you believe that Wally and red have the same age?
>>
>>32340307
People stop aging once they reach adulthood. There's only three stages to their evolution.
>>
RGBY>GSC

FRLG>HGSS>RS>DP>BW

FRLG>HGSS>ORAS>DP>BW>XY>SM
Note: Pokemon Origins was the Mega universe version of FRLG.
>>
>>32340307
>also do you believe that Wally and red have the same age?

Of course not. Wally is a year younger.
>>
>>32340307
>adult red meets adult gold
what?

the other thing has been explained a gorillion times
>>
>>32340307
>Cynthia looking older
Lusamine is 40 yo retard, mommy Cynthia can look good too
>>
>>32339710
My sister's 22 and looks younger than that
>>
>>32339764
Masuda even said that they actually take place around the same time (but maybe different universes), but still made a timeline for the guy who asked him during the interview
>>
File: 1471141201724s.jpg (2KB, 125x122px) Image search: [Google]
1471141201724s.jpg
2KB, 125x122px
>>32340697
I'm slightly younger than that but I look a lot older.
>>
>>32339849
>new zelda introduces elements that clash with canon

oh believe me, they also don't give a fuck anymore
>>
I want timelinefags to leave and for multiversefags to fuck off
>>
>>32339671

SUN/Moon take place 2 years after XY.
>>
>>32339710
>Battle Tree
Not canon anon. If it was, then a kindergartener having a Mega Evolving Latios would be as well.
>>
>>32339671
It didnt reboot shit though. So the previous timeline.

>>32339701
The tweet posted by op proves they do care.
>>
>>32342825
Not sure why people are confused about BOTW's timeline placement. Zelda references SS, OoT, and TP in one of the memories, meaning that it likely takes place long after TP.
>>
>>32339710
but he is
>>
>>32339691
>Gen 1&3
3 years later
>Gen 2&4
7 years later
>BW
2 years later
>B2W2/XY
2 years later
>Gen 7
>>
>>32340307
Huh? Red is only three years older when ethan changes. These are anime styled characters anon, of course you wont see the designs change every year they get, have you ever watched dragon ball?

Wally's the only real inconsistency. And even that can be dissed as he just shows up as a bonus leader in the tree.

>>32340347
There's no confirmation of gen 1 and 2 being canon. XY has never been stated to happen in a different universe than previous games(the tweet even mentions it) . And stop with the origins is canon to the games meme.
>>
>>32339671
>People think Battle Tree exclusive NPCs are canon
>People think they're MORE canon than the game outright saying it takes place 10 years after RSE/ORAS
And inb4 "hurr durr it takes years to build a tower", no it literally does not. In Black 2 they raised the Black Tower almost overnight, so quickly that the citizens of Black City didn't even notice the construction before it was finished. And it's right in the middle of the god damn city! So no, in this universe, that is not an argument.
>>
>>32344530
Are you talking about how Zelda says twilight once? That is honestly not enough for me to say it is in the TP timeline.
>>
File: 1490939949258.jpg (29KB, 555x644px) Image search: [Google]
1490939949258.jpg
29KB, 555x644px
>>32344530
long after WW*
>>
>>32339671
Huh? What are you talking about? Sina and Dexio reference having seen four trainers in the past. SM takes place after XY.
>>
>>32340697
You can't just say that and not post a pic, anon.
>>
>>32339671
SM does not reboot the series. Where the fucking hell did you get that bullshit from? Not the games, I can tell you that much.

>>32339710
Yes it is. Not everyone becomes big manly men when they're 20. Especially not in an anime-based universe.

>>32340307
Cynthia was already a grown up in DPPt you idiot. What did you expect? Wrinkles? Grey hair? Her being on her deathbed? Fuck off, Lussmine is 40+ and she looks the exact same as Cynthia.

>>32340347
>Pokémon Origins is canon
No it's not, stop spreading this dumbass meme.
>>
>>32344546
So the "same time that elapsed in real life is the time elapsed in the game world". With nothing else saying what kind of time was between BW and the second gen time index, we can't be for certain. We do know Red is an adult now, but that could mean anything.
>>
>>32344557
Zelda goes through the three biggest moments in the timeline leading up to BotW while knighting Link, aka. she mentions the three "main" Links there has been prior to the game. "Skyward Bound" Link, "Travelling through Time" Link and "Steeped in the embers of Twilight" Link. If Zelda knowing of the events of TP and knowing of TP Link specifically isn't enough evidence, then nothing's enough for you.
>>
>>32344593
>>32344593
>So the "same time that elapsed in real life is the time elapsed in the game world".
Not really. The times are taken from the games themselves and the tweet. DP didnt come out at the same time as GSC or HGSS.
>>
>>32344595
I kinda wonder why they want TP to be so important. Has the reaction to it changed that much over the years? I will still say it was trying way too hard. Maybe because they already have an extensive path on the Wind Waker side that didn't turn out so well.
>>
FRLG + ORAS →3 years→ HGSS + DPPt →??? years→ BW →2 years→ B2W2 + XY →??? years→ SM

This is canon. You cannot disprove this. Additional details are arguable, but this simple fact is not. Stop shitposting your stupid headcanons as fact. They will never be fact no matter how much you try to force them.
>>
>>32344609
That's the thing. The third and fourth gens copied the time indices of the first and second gen respecitively, so they are counted. There was a point saying that BW was 7 years after the second gen time index? That's a funny coincidence, because BW released 7 years after the second gen. The time remains consistent.
>>
>>32344610
TP HD was finished while BotW was in development, so TP had a massive influence on BotW because they were working on both at once. They've even said this is SOOO many interviews, how TP HD's development made them change a lot of things in BotW.
>>
>>32344619
*they are not counted*
>>
>>32344619
...and I totally cannot do math. The FOURTH gen was 2006. The FIFTH gen is 2010, 11 years after. I still don't know where it was said that B/W was supposed to be 7 years after, though.
>>
>>32344614
SM takes place 2 years after BW2, as stated on Grimsley's SM concept art.
>>
>>32344707
Iirc people got that from the fact the team rocket grunt found in icirrus was the same as the one who was in kanto during gen 2 events. He had a kid in b2w2 so people put b2w2 and hgss about 9 years apart, and bw is 2 years prior to b2w2. I'm on phone so I cant look further to see if an actual number was provided.
>>
>>32344771
Well, it's not just having the kid, but how long meeting his wife and marrying her took. The only info I have on it is "soon after returning from Johto". I don't know how old his kid is, though. There can only be an estimate based on their appearance anyway. I can't find an image.
>>
>>32339691
This is accurate.
The timeskip between DPPt and BW is at least and likely just 3 years. Generation VII takes place at least 10 years after ORAS, because of the amount of time Anabel has been in Alola. All the other gaps have a canonical length, so when you add it all up, the gap from IV to V can be no less than three years.

So yes, there has been at the very least 10 years since FRLG/ORAS events. It could be more than 10, but I doubt that, simply because it breaks the pattern and Red and Blue don't look that old.
>>
>>32344881
>>32344881
The gap from gen 4 and 5 has to be big enough for a rocket grunt to go to unova, marry and have a kid.
>>
>>32344937
I'll be honest. I just don't like that. I don't like to think it's been around 5 to 9 years in between that time period. I have no argument. I have no evidence. I just don't like it.

My reason for not liking it is that it's too big of a timeskip. That's too long a period we don't see anything in. I also mentioned how I don't think Red and Blue are that old. They look the same age as Cheren. I just find it hard to believe they're around 25. So here's me, hoping that sprite was just a mistake and nothing more.
>>
>>32344881
That old? He would be in his 20s regardless. That would have no difference.
>>
>>32344997
Which Cheren? BW1 or 2? I assume you mean 2, in which case, he is at least a teenager just from how he looks, and the timeskip between the two would also suggest that.
>>
>>32345077
Regardless, Red still looks older than that. Maybe I have a different sense of what certain ages look like. I'm one to talk when I can't even tell if someone is my age or not.
>>
>>32345063
I'm just kind of comparing him to others. Like Kukui, Grimley, or Guzma from SM alone, or Flint, Volkner and even Brock. All of them look older than Red, but I assume all of them are fairly young, based on their looks and how all but one of them are single. This isn't even surface level stuff, and it doesn't matter at all, it's just what what I use to justify my view.

>>32345077
Yeah, BW2 Cheren. He looked the same age as Blue did to me.
>>
>>32344614
You realise XY happens alongside BW1 and not 2 right?
>>
>>32344997
Well, cant argue your opinions but I dont see much of an issue with that. Someone who has a game on hand should check whay sprite the kid has. If its a preschooler then the gap is about 4 to 5 years at least.

Or ask the scenario writer again, why didnt anyone do this for the timeline and universe distribution again?
>>
>>32345096
The sprite is that of an Elementary School kid. I know, because I checked. I'm just being delusional and pretending it doesn't matter, or that it was a mistake.
>>
>>32345092
Well, admittely, Blue would decieve me, too. He looks a lot younger than he's supposed to be simply because of how he looks to begin with. There may indeed be some confusion on that part. Professor Oak even seems like he should be older, but apparently, he isn't. I wouldn't account marital status in the equation. Some get married really young, and others don't. Some don't get married at all. Without that, though, it is still difficult to really say how old any of them are, thus my own confusion with people my age as well.
>>
>>32345095
Scenario writer literally said its 2. Check the op.

>>32345092
To be fair, you dont see guzma, kukui or grimsley on the early timeline. Or brock, volkner and flint on the modern one where they should look older.

The only match with red is grimsley in b2w2. But that red was a bonus boss like wally in sm.
>>
>>32345139
*by early and modern I mean relative to their places on the same timeline, not that there's more than one.
>>
Can't this just be asked directly to someone, on Twitter or in a meetup, to avoid confusion? I'm surprised no one has. There was a guy who took the leaked starters to Masuda before they were officially revealed for a laugh. How hard could it be to just ask GF a simple question?
>>
>>32345148
>>32345148
I'd rather have a tweet than a meetup unless its taped. Pokemon fans cant be trusted with this kind of things.
>>
>>32344830
The kid shares the sprite of a male school kid.
>>
>>32342825
The timeline is only confusing to retards. 90% of the fanbase figured out most of the placements before the official one released

>>32344595
>TP
>main link
disgusting

>>32344614
correct

>>32345148
Maybe, the timeline we have now is based on a tweet. Though any new things will likely be fague
>>
>>32345466
>vague
Not really. Only two releases happened after that. Oras which people place at the rse spot(with wally being the only issue) and sm shown in concept art to happen 2 years after b2w2.
>>
>>32344595
In the same speech, she also mentions Wind Waker and A Link to the past in the background while the champions are talking.
>>
File: Timeskips.png (407KB, 954x1174px) Image search: [Google]
Timeskips.png
407KB, 954x1174px
>>32345512
I really would not consider Wally an issue. Battle Facility character have never aged, unless they appear outside the said facility, like Anabel or Caitlin did. See the Maison girls. They remain the same for 10 years. Or pic related. Or anything, really. How Brock and Misty change so much in the 3 years between FRLG and HGSS, but don't change at all between the 5+ years between HGSS and BW2. Wally is only an issue if you ignore everything that came before him. Otherwise, not so much.
>>
>>32340328
Underrated post
>>
The battle tree is'nt canon, so for all we know, Wally could've become a muscular hunk, or changed his hair and dress sense completely, or transitioned into a girl named Vetilina. Or even died from a Gyarados attack, or turned into a Ralts a la Mistery Dungeon and was stuck in the MD world. He could not even be a trainer anymore. He could even still be about the same size due to being hit by a Pokémon attack as a kid. We will never know unless a future gen has a story character that's explicitly a future Wally.
>>
>>32346379
I like to imagine his AIDS finally gets him and he dies in the arms of his Gallade, saying he wished he could suck Brendan's dick at least once as his last words.
>>
>>32345667
even so, wally is a sickly kid - it's not too hard to believe he'd look well, like a waif
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.