[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Trivia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 13

File: alphabet soup.png (2KB, 179x50px) Image search: [Google]
alphabet soup.png
2KB, 179x50px
Post all the bizarre and useless Pokémon facts you can think of.

I'll start:

Chatot is the only Pokémon who can learn Confide without using a TM.

Of the 60 evolution lines introduced in Gen VII, only 11 of them don't have a signature move or ability. All of these 11 lines are Alolan forms (Rattata, Sandshrew, Vulpix and Meowth) or Ultra Beasts (all 7 of them).

None of Bruno's battle sprites show him standing up.

Solar Blade is the only regular move with a power of over 100 that isn't divisible by 10.

V-create isn't actually Victini's signature move: it can't learn it by leveling up in any game, and only gets it from certain event distributions (as does Rayquaza). Its true signature move is Searing Shot, which is a pile of searing shit.
>>
While mega-fug has a unique animation for dragon ascent, non mega-fug does not have any animation for it at all

Weedle is the only pokemon not to learn normal type moves via level up

nidoqueen cannot breed, but nidoran female can (get that out your head)
>>
>>32339615
>Beast Boost
>Not signature
Retard
>>
Shiny unknown can only be letters I and V
>>
File: Joestar.png (48KB, 429x422px) Image search: [Google]
Joestar.png
48KB, 429x422px
>>32339615
>None of Bruno's battle sprites show him standing up
>>
>>32339743
Are you trying to bamboozle me again, anon?
>>
>>32339782
COULD THIS BE A
>>
>>32339790
possibly
>>
>>32339786
>>32339743
In gen 2
>>
>>32339734
Each Ultra Beast is a unique evolution line because they don't evolve into each other, therefore Beast Boost isn't unique to one evolution line.

It's pretty pedantic, I'll admit, but I bet someone would've pointed it out if I counted them all as one evolution line.
>>
Thank you gen 2 for the most useless combo in Pokemon: Stomp does double damage against a Pokemon that used Minimize... But no one uses Minimize, and the evasion still applies so it'll probably miss anyway.
Might as well just run Return.
>>
File: IMG_1675.png (9KB, 168x196px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1675.png
9KB, 168x196px
There are no references to Pineco being a pinecone in Japan, despite how prominent this comparison is outside of Japan. When describing its appearance, pokedex entries use the broad term for berries, seeds and fruits rather than using anything specifying a cone. Pineco's japanese name comes from a type of oak tree that produce acorns with spiny caps, hence why Pineco has a round bottom half.
>>
File: IMG_1507.png (4KB, 57x57px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1507.png
4KB, 57x57px
In Pokemon stadium 1, Lance doesn't use a dragonite on both his round 1 and round 2 teams, and his round 2 team doesn't have any dragons at all.
>>
>>32339847
Retard
>>
>>32339615
>Ultra Beasts (all 7 of them).
I'd group the UBs together. Beast Boost is kinda their shared signature thing, and it's what signifies that they're beasts.
>>
>>32339934
lance is a flying type trainer who likes dragon looking mons
>>
>>32339942
It's just odd how he doesn't have his signature pokemon(dragonite) on any of his teams. And he only uses one flying type on his round 2 team.
>>
File: you.png (208KB, 501x506px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
208KB, 501x506px
>32339937
pic related

I might just generate random Pokémon and find pieces of trivia relating to them. Anyone have any suggestions/requests?
>>
>>32339965
anything about steel types
>>
According to the games' canon, Red is at least 21 years old when found at the Battle Tree in Sun/Moon.
Consequently, Wally is 20 years old.
>>
>Gliscor is lighter than its pre-evolution, weighing in at only 93.7 lbs. (42.5 kg), while Gligar is 142.9 lbs. (64.8 kg). This is despite nearly doubling in size during evolution, from 3'07" (1.1 m) to 6'07" (2.0 m).

>Gliscor, along with Electivire, Magmortar, and Tangrowth, are the only Generation IV Pokémon that explicitly required the use of a Generation III game in order to be available until the release of Pokémon Platinum. In this case, Gligar are only available through dual-slot mode with Pokémon Emerald.

>Gliscor and Gligar can learn six moves with a high critical-hit ratio, more than any other Pokémon.
>>
>>32339986
>no longer /ss/
pig disgusting
>>
>>32340013
Go to bed Gliscor.
>>
The only moves that smeargle can't sketch are sketch, struggle, and chatter.
>>
>>32339937
>>32339734
>Retard
Nice argument there, little shit. Did mommy take away your 3DS and you're here to vent?
>>
>>32339969
It was possible to poison Steel-type Pokémon with Twineedle in Gen II.

10 Pokémon gain the Steel type upon evolving, more than any other type.

Prior to Gen VI, the Steel type was the only type with no completely neutral type matchups. The only types that dealt regular damage to it, Water and Electric, both resisted Steel.
>>
>>32340131
Umm I'm pretty sure you can still poison steel types with twin needle
>>
>>32339615
Every type that is weak to Flying resists Ground, and vice versa.

Parasect was once the only Pokemon to have THREE double weaknesses (to Flying, Fire and Poison)
>>
>>32340232
Parasect is also the only Pokemon with a 5x weakness(fire with dry skin)
>>
The highest damage possible requires, of all things, a Shuckle: with maximum Defence investment and Power Trick it can get an Attack stat higher than any other Pokémon; then have it use Defence Curl, then Rollout, the Defence Curl boosts Rollout damage and the fifth hit does more damage than any other attack; boost damage in as many ways as possible (Choice band, +6 Attack, Helping Hand) and hit a -6 Defence, 0IV, -Defence Natured Pichu, and you should e ale to do damage in the range of two and a half million
>>
>>32340247
I thought it was a combee, not a pichu
>>
Mew, Cryogonal, and Dhelmise are (I think?) the only genderless pokémon that can learn Attract.
>>
>>32340257
Might be, the exact Pokémon has probably changed a lot
>>
>>32340266
Well combee does have a 4x weakness so makes sense
>>
>>32340232
No linger 4x weak to Poison, but this was true in gen 1.
>>
>>32340260
Oranguru can't learn Attract as it has reached a higher consciousness and is no longer limited by such trivial feelings as love or sexual drive.
>>
>>32340247
Wasn't this outperformed by Swampert in Gen VI, where it can use an Ice Ball on a Noibat that has been afflicted with Forest's Curse for x8 effective damage (along with the whole act of defense curl, metronome, Helping Hand, Flower Gift, Huge Power, etc.)?
>>
>>32339743
>I and V
>IV
whoa
>>
>>32339942
Just like everyone who thinks Charizard should be a dragon?
>>
>>32340336
Don't think so, although Mega Swapert has 150 base Attack, it gets no STAB, Avalugg has only 117 but does get STAB, giving it an effective Attack of 175, but the rest does make sense.
>>
File: The More You Know ?.png (701KB, 1116x811px) Image search: [Google]
The More You Know ?.png
701KB, 1116x811px
>>32339895
>the evasion still applies

Actually, as of gen VI, Stomp ignores accuracy checks and will always hit unless the target used a move like Fly, Dig, etc.

Also, it's not just Stomp. Body Slam, Dragon Rush, Flying Press, Heat Crash, Phantom Force, Shadow Force, and Steamroller all gained this effect in gen VI, and Heavy Slam gained it in gen VII. Astonish, Extrasensory, and Needle Arm also had this effect in Gen III but not in any subsequent generations.

Bonus fact: when the effect was introduced in gen II, it doubled the effective power against of the move, but was changed to double the damage dealt in gen III (potentially resulting in a slight increase in damage due to rounding). Oddly it reverted to doubling power in gen IV, then once again changed back to doubling damage in gen V, which it still does as of gen VII.
>>
Azurill have a gender ratio of 75% female and 25% male, while it's evolution Marill has 50% for both male and female. Because of this, one in three female Azurill become male upon evolution.
In short, it grows a penis.
>>
>>32340464
M-Swampert gets higher Attack but cannot carry a Metronome so the trade-off is probably not worth it. As for STAB, Swampert can become ice tyep with Protean via Skill Swap, which then can be swapped for Huge Power.
>>
>>32340232
Fighting is weak to Flying and doesn't resist Ground. Did you mean Rock?
>>
File: 1475098235381.png (311KB, 418x402px) Image search: [Google]
1475098235381.png
311KB, 418x402px
>>32340247
>use Defence Curl, then Rollout
>requires Choice band

does not compute
>>
>>32340570
Standard Swampert has only 110 Attack, 7 less than Avalugg, so even if you can get around the typing issue Avalugg is still slightly stronger
>>
>>32340624
Trick/Switcheroo can be used to put the item on them
>>
>>32340557
Or you know, a much smaller portion of female Azurills end up evolving for whatever reason.

Nobody's claiming Combee changes gender because ITS evolution has a different ratio.
>>
>>32340692
Actually for a while it was possible for your Azuril to spontaneously change genders when it evolved. I can't remember in which gen they changed that.
>>
>>32340620
Maybe.

>>32340311
And that's why I said it *was once* the only one with three double weaknesses.
>>
>>32339847
I usually call it their shared signature ability. Sort of like a signature ability, but instead of being for ONLY ONE line, it's shared between a few lines that all share a theme, in this case, the UBs.
>>
>>32339734
>Signature
>Given to 7 different Pokemon
Signature means one evolution line anon.
>>
File: sawtooth-oak-acron1.jpg (62KB, 750x492px) Image search: [Google]
sawtooth-oak-acron1.jpg
62KB, 750x492px
>>32339907
It's very blatantly a pinecone.
>>
>>32340800
If Beast Boost can't be the UBs' signature ability, then Nature's Madness can't be the tapu's signature move.
>>
>>32340044
And Z-moves now. And Shadow moves but who cares about those?
>>32340194
Only is the pokemon has Corrosion, Steel-types are immune to poisoning of anykind
>>
File: IMG_9413.png (50KB, 500x572px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9413.png
50KB, 500x572px
>>32340692
But only female combees can evolve, anon.
A female Azuril can evolve into a male Maril.
>>
>>32340719
Pretty sure they didn't. I think it still happens.
>>
>>32340848
You are correct, it is not the signature move of any one tapu.
>>
>>32340800
Using that logic, transform isn't Ditto's Signature move because Mew also learns it, despite it being the move it is known for.
>>
>>32340848
Correct. But the Tapu each have signature abilities.
>>
File: h.png (592KB, 962x687px) Image search: [Google]
h.png
592KB, 962x687px
>>32339615
>>
>>32340859
Twin Needle used to be able to poison Poison and Steel types. Idk if it still can.
>>
>>32340898
That is correct.
>>32340920
It never used to be able to poison Poison types, only steel types in gen 2
>>
>>32339734
>>32340848
>>32340898
What would you all define "Signature move or ability" as if more then one pokemon can learn it(ignoring sketch)?
>>
>>32339615
>Its true signature move is Searing Shot, which is a pile of searing shit
How is Searing Shot shit? It's actually a really good move and I don't understand why people don't use it more. It's basically the bastard child of Earthquake and Lava Plume, having base 100 accuracy and power along with a 30% chance to burn (=equal to Scald's burn chance). In what world is a move like this shit?
>>
>>32340247
>>32340336
Actually both were beat by some combination where shuckle uses mimic to use iceball.
>>
>>32340257
I thought it was Ledyba
>>
>>32340961
I don't think there's a hard definition. For example, Sacred Fire is unquestionably Ho-oh's signature move, but Entei got it last gen because of his connection to Ho-oh.
>>
>>32341208
There is a hard definition to everything anon. Would you say bone rush is marowak/cubones signature move, despite Lucario and Mandibuzz?
>>
>>32340826
despite the name and pokedex entries
>>
>>32340514
Now if only they had something similar going on for double team. Like how scatter moves like Pin Missile, Bullet Seed, Icicle Spear and what not would never miss on Pokemon using Double Team, perhaps doubing the damage too
>>
File: Capture.png (6KB, 720x78px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
6KB, 720x78px
>>32339907
>>32341312
>Pineco is not based on a pinecone
This is easily the stupidest argument I have ever seen.
>>
The Jojo Refrence per generation has gone from 1 in every 60 hours of game time in Gen 1 to 392 in every 4 hours in Gen 7 on average.
>>
>>32339965
Chingling
>>
>>32341407
>posting english pokedex entries to counterargue japanese pokedex entries
What are you trying to prove exactly, besides your lack of reading comprehension?
>>
>>32340913
What?
>>
>>32342069
>not posting Japanese pokedex entries
It blatantly looks like a pinecone, why are you trying to argue it is not?
>>
If you bring a Togepi to the Cerulean Gym in HG/SS and talk to it a few times, it will start crying softly.
>>
>>32340514
I'm glad this was mentioned last year before the Kanto Tourney. KOed every Muk and Clefable with Snorlax.
>>
>>32342153
>きのみに そっくり。まちがわれて とりポケモンに つつかれてしまうが かたい カラで まもられている。
If it was undoubtedly just a pinecone, why bother using きのみ instead specifying with まつかさ, especially when Pineco is called something along the lines of Oakball in Japan? The same thing also occurs in the Chinese localization as well, where Pineco has no reference to pinecones in its name or its pokedex entries, but only nuts.
I'm not saying Pineco isn't based on a pinecone, but rather showing how the western perspective is different from the eastern perspective for a trivia thread, even for something that we take for granted like Pineco being a pinecone. The west fully embraces calling it one, while the east isn't so quick to say so, which isn't completely unfounded given that it does have a spherical, spineless bottom half.
>>
>>32341280
Yes.
>>
>>32341495
Chingling is one of only two Pokémon that evolve by leveling up with high happiness at nighttime, the other being Eevee (into Umbreon). Since Eevee has 7 other evolutions, Chingling is the only Pokémon who can't evolve unless these specific requirements are met.

At 1.3lbs, Chingling is the lightest baby Pokémon.

Chingling learns Last Resort at Level 16, earlier than any other Pokémon.
>>
Ice is currently the rarest type, even more than Dragon, Ghost, and Fairy.

Leafeon has the same Special Defense as Eevee.

Jigglypuff has the same HP as Entei and more HP than all the fully evolved starters.

Buzzwole is the only Bug type with more than base 100 HP, and even the only one with more than base 86 HP, which was the highest from Gen 4 to Gen 6 (it's Yanmega). No Bug type had ever exceeded base 90 HP until now.

Torracat has more speed and the same special attack as Incineroar.

Trapinch and Jangmo-o evolve at the same levels - 35, then again at 45. Same with Mareep's and Shinx's lines, but they're 15 and 30.

Tyranitar is the only pseudolegendary not available in Sun and Moon at all, as even Deino can be caught via Island Scan (and obscenely early for something that evolves so damn late).

No Pokemon gains the Normal or Bug type on evolution.
>>
>>32341101
In the world base 100 Atk puts you on the offensive level of a cotton swab. What is Victini nowadays, UU? It depends on V-nuke to deal damage, imagine where it'd be with its main STAB at half power.
>>
>>32340620
>>32340232
He probably means that every type that resists flying attacks is weak to ground (steel, rock, electric)
>>
File: IMG_2846.jpg (34KB, 260x346px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2846.jpg
34KB, 260x346px
>>32340913
>>
>>32340094
Salty retard.
>>
>>32339615
Kirlia has the same BST as Fletchling

Oddish has a higher Special Attack than Cresellia, Serperior, Hypno, and Uxie and the same HP as Dusknoir.
>>
>>32339615
>Palpitoad can not learn Earthquake
>Chansey can and also has a better Physical Move Pool than Kyurem-B
>>
>>32340247
You're actually supposed to have Shuckle holding a Metronome and hit a Combee.
>>
>>32339615
>Liquid Voice Primarina with Specs using Boomburst does more than Mega Mawile using Play Rough
>Kartana has the same physical defense as Ferrothorn, but with less HP
>Outside of Ubers, the single strongest attack Special Attack without boosting in Gen I was Articuno's Blizzard
>Some third world shithole actually made coins with Pokemon on them, with Pikachu and Mewtwo. (As well as other Pokemon)
>Under certain moves and abilities, type combos that normally aren't perfect coverage become perfect coverage. Some include Normal+Fighting with Scrappy, Ice+Water with Freeze Dry+Mold Breaker, and Flying+Ground with Thousand Arrows
>Without using glitches, it is technically impossible for Mew to be a shiny in Gen II as all possible IVs every single Mew from the Mew distribution events had no possible combination to be shiny
>>
>>32344858
That's Victini being shit, not Searing Shot.
>>
Vanilluxe has more Attack than Scrafty and Steelix.

Cranidos has the same attack as Heracross, Gallade, Gyarados, and all the others who have base 125 attack.

Ninetales is the only Alola form to be faster than it's Kanto counterpart.
>>
Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus have never appeared in any regional Pokédex.
>>
>>32346094
>Vanilluxe has more Attack than Scrafty and Steelix.

It has quite a higher base stat total than one would expect actually. I think the reason is that they wanted to give it high Attack so it could use the thematically appropriate Icicle Crash, but is clearly better as a special attacker so they gave it both.
>>
The cover legendary with the lowest base stat total is Suicune, with base stats of 580. The next lowest is Groudon and Kyogre, with base 670. Note that I said legendary: Barring that status, the lowest of all cover Pokemon is Pikachu's measly 320.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.