[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a better game/gen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: gold-silver.jpg (98KB, 470x235px) Image search: [Google]
gold-silver.jpg
98KB, 470x235px
Pro tip:
>you cant
>>
File: heartgold-soulsilver.jpg (55KB, 460x210px) Image search: [Google]
heartgold-soulsilver.jpg
55KB, 460x210px
>>32338539
How about the remakes that are objectively better?
>>
>>32338553
Just wanted to go straight to the roots but its fine either way. Still proves my point.
>>
>>32338539
>>32338553

>levelling curve is still as garbage as it was before, and the game punishes you for having a team of 6

>it takes forever to level up mons

>the plot is as bare bones as it gets, I'm not asking for SM or BW but at least DP

>Pokemon distribution is ass, you encounter the same Pokemon throughout the entire game for the most part

>some boss trainers have gargabe teams, you'll be lucky if they have one stab move.

>all these flaws are looked over because "muh postgane"
>>
>>32338564
They're two drastically different games though. HG/SS are in many minds the best games in the series.

The general conclusion for best games are:
Emerald
HG/SS
B2/W2

With the occasional:
Platinum
B/W

And the rare:
FR/LG

>>32338567
All Pokemon games have flaws. Some more than others. Doesn't mean you can't have a favorite.
>>
>>32338580
Any one reason why HGSS is higher than Platinum or BW? Other than muh postgame.

>>32338567
Postgame is just a copy paste, not even something unique to it. Kanto and Sinnoh Battle Frontier. The best part is not even something it made, it just used.
>>
>>32338580
I didn't say you can't have a favourite. I was just pointing out that HGSS aren't the best games like OP says they are. It's kinda what you get when you say

>X is the best game prove me wrong
>>
>>32338539
Unironically BW/BW2. They are the best games in the entire main series.
>>
>>32338599
>Any one reason why HGSS is higher than Platinum or BW
Just polish mostly. Muh postgame is a pretty good reason. On top of following Pokemon, visuals, an actual rival, an a ton more of little things. Like the mission where you dress up in a Rocket outfit to get into the radio tower. Or the bug-catching contest, etc.

I didn't say they were higher, I said they're in the same tier of the other "best" games.

>>32338611
>aren't
You can't really say that though. It's purely an opinion. If you want to explain YOUR opinion further and prove OP wrong, you'd have to do more than listing flaws which ALL games have.
>>
>>32338567
I sorta gave up on hgss because of this problem. I wanted a team of six but they got completely destroyed by the time I got to claire. Hypno, fearow, and nidoqueen suddenly couldn't pull their weight beyond that.
>>
>>32338670
What is mamoswine
>>
>>32338677
I don't feel like using mamoswine, anon.
>>
>>32338580
>hgss
>generally considered the best
my fucking sides
you slide your favorites in like we wouldn't notice
>>
>>32338700
On you anon
>>
There's thousands better games, and all the improvements have only made the other gens better than the second. For being the apex of the pokemon fad, though, no, nothing beats it, but I will also mark the second gen is what caused pokemon's downfall as well.
>>
>>32338567
>the game punishes you for having a team of 6

so you have to choose between a 3-4 strong pokemon or 6 underleveled pokemon teams like everyone else in the game?
>>
>>32338539
Gen 1
Gen 3
Gen 5
Gen 6
Gen 7

There, every generation that was better than gen 2.
>>
>>32338634
>You can't really say that though. It's purely an opinion.
That is just YOUR opinion, though. You think that's just the anon's opinion, while I think he pointed out flaws in gameplay.
>>
>>32338670
That's on you being a scrub, don't blame the game on that.
>>
>>32338723
>I will also mark the second gen is what caused pokemon's downfall as well
No, what caused pokemon's downfall was a combination of the majority of the original fanbase reaching puberty and thus hating anything they associated with their childhood and the fact that you couldn't transfer your bros from Gen 2 to 3 like you could from Gen 1 to 2.
>>
File: vp poll.png (64KB, 1314x790px) Image search: [Google]
vp poll.png
64KB, 1314x790px
>>32338704
>hgss
>generally considered the best
Yes. Even here on /vp/.
>>
Gen 7
>>
My favorite game is Platinum.
>>
>>32338767
BTFO
>>
Trust me, the fall happened way before we even knew of gen 3, and it was because of stagnation. It wasn't the games' fault, at least not entirely, but let's be real here, the second gen didn't give much to even keep children invested.
>>
>>32338722
>>32338756
I've got feraligatr and pinsir who are doing just fine, but who else should I pick up? Feraligatr knows ice fang so that's alright coverage.
>>
>>32338767
Lmao btfo
>>
>>32338763
>hating anything they associated with their childhood and the fact that you couldn't transfer your bros from Gen 2 to 3
Stop this meme. RS is a downgrade from the previous games. Masuda didn't put effort in that game. He just pick the classic formula, create a new region, removed 180 pokemon because he didn't know where to put them, removed features, even animated sprites were removed.
Is not even fair to compare gen III to gen II. A fair comparation is Gen III to Gen I.
>>
>>32338831
>comparation
Honestly if you look at it from an objective point of view the stuff Gen 3 added on a mechanical and programming level was huge, and with the hardware limitations of the GBA the superficial features we liked from GSC couldn't be implemented simultaneously.
>>
>>32338860
Excuses
>>
I would say something, but it's probably right. Even when most titles transitioned to 16 bits, it was with far more detail than this, and with no loss of previous mechanics, either. This is like one of those games that think being 16 bit just means slapping on a bunch of colors and calling it a day. As for what caused the trade block, was it really that necessary to make IVs take up one more bit? Really?
>>
>>32338795
Gen 3 was just the final death knell. The 12 year olds in 98-99 being 14 year olds in 2000-01 really sapped pokemon's popularity and slightly older kids being copycats of their now teenage siblings didn't help
>>
>>32338860
And if you look at gen II, you will see that is a miracle of compression thanks to Iwata.
There is no excuse to gen III.
>>
>>32338539
In story, characters, difficultness, enjoyment, music, characters and pokemon designs and quality in general. SM is my choice. Pic more or less related.
>>
>>32338879
There was also nature, gender not depending on IV, and personality values (i.e. what makes shinies not depend on their Ivs anymore)
>>
>>32338634
>an actual rival
with an NFE on his final team
>>
>>32338944
And?
>>
>>32338985
Barry was a better rival with a better team
>>
>>32339180
Has there been another good rival since Barry?
>>
>>32338539
>genwars thread 12939823
>>
>>32338831
>Masuda didn't put effort in that game
I doubt Masuda is the one who programmed it all. Dude probably just tells others what to do while having his secretary suck him off.
>>
>>32339292
This
>>
>>32339271
Wally?
>>
>>32339276
U mad bro?
>>
>>32339447
Wally doesn't count, he's originally from RSE
>>
Each generation is better than the last, with the exception of gen 5
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.