[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you think were the main flaws of X/Y ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 1zq53x2.jpg (179KB, 1024x544px) Image search: [Google]
1zq53x2.jpg
179KB, 1024x544px
what do you think were the main flaws of X/Y ?
>>
Klefki
>>
Hoopa
>>
>>32337321
>Unfinished business
>Tiresome forced interactions
>Expecting a lot of new Pokémon and getting that low number
>Some Mega decisions
>>
File: 1471654389569.png (82KB, 905x610px)
1471654389569.png
82KB, 905x610px
>>32337321
>No post-game
>Excessive handholding
>Poorly designed dungeons
>Excessively extensive regional dex
>Way easier than the previous titles
>Fucking mega mom
>Gen 1 pandering
I mean, I just finished playing Yellow and I must say that the difference is abysmal when talking about these points
>>
>>32337321
Half implemented ideas. The first few areas of the game are really solid. Then it starts to break down. If Megas were supposed to be the new gimmick we should have been seeing them all the time following the Lucario bit (Eugh to that too)

Several of Flares plans appear utterly pointless or poorly implemented. (The Abasnow thing is pointless)
Approach to Elite Four and Champion incredibly standard despite the fact Malva was a flare agent
AZ needed to show up more or hinted at. Maybe a initial battle in the desert.
The region has several monuments but it never feels like the War actually left a mark.
Florette should have been everywhere in the architecture. And at the very least Dianthas team
The legendaries where poorly incorporated.
NPC gives a massive lore dump about them when we could have give it to a named character. Maybe Olympia
They didn't really sync up well with the AZ story and at the very least should have had their own unique areas. Sacred Grove seriously

Rivals weren't fought often enough/didn't have proper roles.
Ice Leader after the ice area with a Forrest section instead was dumb. Should have been switched around
Old Grass gym leader has massive treehouse instead of lavish planned out garden
Pokemon racer introduced then not used seems strange.

I don't what the fuck they originally planned with Zygarde but the abomination we finally got is not it
>>
>>32337413
Zygarde is a mess, poorly utilized and the quest is boring.

Sucks so bad that the Complete form is only a temporary gimmick. It should just had been another changeable forme and kept aura break
>>
>>32337476
Fuck XY thread, regardless Zygarde should just had been Complete in XY and not delayed to SM imo**
>>
>>32337476
>>32337480
While I agree I really don't think the Complete form was planned when XY where being created.

Zygarde was clearly supposed to be linked with XY box mon yet they've drifted away entirely. His super form has nothing to do with them.

I honestly believe that the Anime thought of it first and then it was all incorporated into SM for reasons. Which in itself is disturbing.

Then in Sun and Moon even though we have a full quest it has nothing to do with the balancing of the world against the UB's. It was put it in to be put in.

We seriously needed a third version of Kalos with the quality of Platinium
>>
>>32337321

In my opinion:

-Framerate issues (Though little did we know they wouldn't get fixed a generation later..)

-Nostalgia pandering was overbearing. I'm all for cheeky callbacks here and there but too much feels patronizing and breaks the immersion.

-Postgame was weak.

-Low number of new Pokemon was disappointing.

-Characters and plot etc. didn't feel very engaging

-Game ran out of steam detailing the region early on. It felt like they stopped caring by Eastern Kalos. It was a nice place, but didn't have the attention to detail and focus on lore that central and coastal Kalos had.

X/Y is my favorite of the 3D games so far, which is a bit sad really. The games weren't as bad as people make out, but it doesn't help that they've not been properly improved.
>>
X and Y are among my favorite Pokemon games, and let me be clear that I am rather... odd about what I consider my favorite. X currently stands tied with Moon in third place, with only OR/AS and HG/SS surpassing it, which are eternally tied for second.

My flaws include some of the megas, and I will admit, a second difficulty setting would be nice, especially since the only two characters who even provide a challenge in the POST game are Diantha and Calem/Serena.

However, my one true complaint is that it felt.... really small? Like the map felt.... really small. Same for Moon/Sun
>>
>>32337507
Yeah. Its two signature moves (Arrows and Waves) were in XY's code, and they actually had a connection to the axis theme Xerneas and Yveltal set in place. Arrows goes through the air, while Waves goes across the ground.

Not to mention the two unused Gen VI games Bank was found to be compatible with, that were skipped over for SM. It's clear that Zygarde was supposed to originally have two different games, and two different forms, each to deal with one of the XY legends.

Also all that Southern Kalos hinting in Volcanion's (the final event legend) event.
>>
>>32337507
It'd be neat with a 3rd version for once, and who knows what the mad man Masuda gonna do.

I hope that GF retcons Zygarde, this time just giving Aura Break to all of its forms and perhaps buff that ability too to not be as situational.

And the Zygarde Cube is pretty lame, I get that it is essential for in-game purposes, but other than that, Zygarde should clearly be able to transform into any form it wants to at will, including the Complete form.
>>
>>32337507
>His super form has nothing to do with them.
It didn't really have anything to do with them to begin with.
>>
>>32337321
There is only one main flaw.
The games in no way show that Lysandre Was Wong.

If anything, coming to /vp/ reinforces that he did nothing wrong.
>>
The villians had to unifying purpose beyond "let's destroy the world, lul" and also I think this is where they started being afraid to give any trainer more than 4 pokemon max other than bosses, and rarely would they even get 6.
>>
rushed and boring. they need a third game to bring out the best in kalos like diamond and pearl needed platinum.
>>
>>32337321
No sex scenes.
>>
>>32337321
Only real problems were the hand holding and low difficulty even by previous standards. Most of which can be fixed by playing a romhack.

At the end of the day it's still a better Pokemon game than Yo-Kai Watch Sun and Moon.
>>
File: 1437113419961.jpg (79KB, 500x903px) Image search: [Google]
1437113419961.jpg
79KB, 500x903px
>>32337321
Story-wise, essentially team flare were a terrorist organization. They were trying to activate an ancient weapon of mass destruction. Where the fuck were the police and the military. Where was the Poke-United Nations?
>>
>>32338215
>imply Kalosexit didn't happen
>>
File: 1491001677117.jpg (546KB, 979x832px) Image search: [Google]
1491001677117.jpg
546KB, 979x832px
>Way too easy with megas basically breaking the main and meta game
>Boring characters with an even worse story
>Forgettable locations, with the ones not being forgettable being wasted (the cave of nothingness which literally was a cave with nothing in it, literally just some blank spot on the map) The power plant and the forest could have had some more cool stuff to it but was left basically underutilized.
>Music is mostly forgettable outside of the legendary and elite four theme
>Good pokemon but far too few, Kanto pandering was a little unnecessary
>Villains were some of the worst in the franchise's history with Lysandre's blantant evilness not being noticed by characters in the story along with his motivation being retarded (p-people are m-mean! WHAAAA!)
All in all I liked the games when they first came out but I don't want to touch them again. ORAS were better and S/M are better and worse than these games
>>
>>32338215
That's a problem with the series as a whole, not an XY exclusive thign. Pokemon is a world where a notorious mob boss was allowed to be a gym leader without even stepping down from his mafia gig. The only people who care about upholding order are champions like Cynthia and Alder who have to recruit ten year olds to help them fight terrorist organizations because there is no actual government.
>>
>>32337321
Really fucking easy. I actually enjoyed Gen VII because it kicked my teeth in if I wasn't paying attention, while X/Y is just mash-A-and-mega-evolve-gardevoir-to-win in my experience.
>>
For me, it's not just the pointless story and bad characters, it's really the pacing overall. The first and second gyms have a massive gap and it's a really fun part of the game, but once you beat Korrina it's gym to gym to gym to gym to gym, and then all the Flare stuff is shoved right on top of you all in one go, leaving the last gym to be miles after the seventh. Flare was also a really shitty team.

The nostalgia pandering was pretty bad as well. Sun and Moon did it as well, but ironically I felt it was better handled there - at least we didn't get a carbon copy of Viridian Forest and Kanto starter Megas that overshadowed the game's actual starters in Alola.
>>
>>32337805

This.
>>
>>32338449
>The first and second gyms have a massive gap and it's a really fun part of the game, but once you beat Korrina it's gym to gym to gym to gym to gym, and then all the Flare stuff is shoved right on top of you all in one
I just started playing two days ago and didn't get to the second gym, I was hoping it would be likes this
>>
ORAS and S/M instead of a Z or X2 Y2
>>
>>32337321

>didn't even tried to keep the gap between gyms
>boring quests
>lack of quests at all
>team flare was annoying to beat
>wasted potential
>too easy to beat
>no post game
>shit diancie event with lack of any quest to obtain her
>wasted potential for many locations
>feels like it has many many many dropped secrets
>>
>>32338663

what I mean is that literally those idiots wasted potential for fun post game and fun games overall, you could expecting much more from fucking 3ds...
>>
>>32338393
This also the SM story and characters are by far the best in the whole franchise.
Probably the biggest problem of XY was Junichi Masuda...
>>
>>32338788
>the SM story and characters are by far the best in the whole franchise

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAU
>>
>>32337321
No Z
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.