[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Alchemist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 15

File: comfy.png (76KB, 511x410px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.png
76KB, 511x410px
Pokemon Alchemist
>What is this game? Pitch it to me op.
This is a game I've been developing on Essentials since December 2014. It's been just me and publicly available scripts/sprites. I've tried to make it as similar to the main series games as possible, so no Fakemon. It's sort of a blend between Gens III, IV, and V. On that note the game has NOT been updated to Gen VI standards just yet. The game has all eightGyms and the Pokemon League, along with the postgame. There's a regional Pokedex as well, meaning around 215 Pokemon to find before postgame.

>How can I download, etc.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O7aBcpe4sbDAz0CsmxFUfOi7Xrs4YMhYhil4obMB-wI/edit

I've got nothing to do all weekend, and figured I'd come on down to my friends at /vp/ and get some feedback on stuff. Mostly balance, glitches, general feedback etc. Everything is appreciated.
If you're interested, in that google doc there's links to older /vp/ threads.
I'll answer questions and post maps and stuff if you guys are curious.
>>
>no fakemon

dropped
>>
Gimme that pokedex list. When it comes to games that use normal Pokemon, it's the pokedexes that make or break the game for me.
>>
>>32335094
>The game has all eightGyms and the Pokemon League
lame. So is pretty much like every game? What makes this game different fom others? Do you at least changed the sprites?
>>
>>32335094
Somehow the title of you game seems familiar.
I may get to it in a few hours.
>>
File: mapperoo.png (191KB, 799x931px) Image search: [Google]
mapperoo.png
191KB, 799x931px
>>32335107
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l_43yTGesnOVpyjniqpa_Cie_NoPL8H32eVeR3t8Z-I/edit?usp=sharing
me and a friend went through and made this in a day or so. I think it's pretty alright, but I know there's a couple issues. If I remember correctly, I forgot to include one of the poli's, for example.

>>32335124
that was more a marker for progress, since I was previously posting back when it was in betas.
If you're not interested in the pitch, then just don't bother because im pretty staunchly against stuff like fakemon and stories where characters die and shit, which usually define a lot of fan games.

>>32335145
I've been posting it on /vp/ for a while now, maybe look at some of those old threads and see if you recognize it.
>>
So without many new additions, what would make one want to play this game over another one?
>>
>>32335173
>fakemon and stories where characters die and shit
Not interested in this as well. For example, look at prism. Tons of new pokemon for gen II, animated sprites for them, 20 badges, puzzles.
There is even blackjack in the game.
If you say: my game is different because of this and that, I may play it, otherwise, good luck with your project.
>>
>>32335180
It's a new adventure in a new region. I detail a lot more stuff and features here
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=378280

There's character limits here though, so I cant include everything and went with more of a barebones post.

>>32335201
I understand. There's only so much I can do as a one man team. I have a lot of pipe dream features and stuff but they're just impossible without getting more help or a team.
The best way I could sell my game is that I've tried to make it my absolute perfect Pokemon game, with features and stuff from generations three, four and five. I've poured years into making maps, balancing and having fun to try and make a new, yet famillar experience that I, and others will hopefully enjoy.
>>
>>32335239
That was an honest answer, anon.
I will look for your hack because of that.
>>
>>32335173
Just curious, is your favorite type Grass?

>>32335201
What else feels different to you because of this and that, just curious?
>>
>>32335094
came for the art, stayed for the art
>no fakemon
im sold
>>
>>32335201
Why on earth would you want fakemon and shitty stories?

>>32335239
Gen V taught me a polished pokemon experience is much, much more appealing than a unique one. Keep doing what you are doing.
>>
>>32335329
A different formula would be a good start. Not something like Sun and Moon but the same 8 gyms got tired after a while. Maybe a diferent goal, not being the champion.
Pretty much something that I don't do it/see in regular pokemon games.
>>32335361
>Why on earth would you want fakemon and shitty stories?
I suppose that I don't have to give a serious answer, right? You already got a (You).
>>
>>32335403
Asking since I'm a quack rom hacker who's probably doing things most of /vp/ would find haram I'm not doing edge in plot, I absolutely forbid shit like """mature""" language, main-story death or blood. No full-on fakemon, but non-canon regional variants so I don't know if I could really find a way to qualify for that. Personally I'm keeping the gym formula, but allowing each Leader/E4 to have one mon outside of their type. I'm also trying to put a bit more emphasis on backtracking and checking out optional areas and whatnot. HMs weren't even going to be mandatory at all but mainly be used as tools to access extra optional areas. Also places like the Safari Zone were going to be put in earlier areas but made accessible later in the game to encourage the player to come back later. Can't really say I have anything really that "out there" or unique though aside from a certain postgame concept I had.
>>
File: memes.png (391KB, 1122x935px) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
391KB, 1122x935px
>>32335329
my favorite types are water and grass, actually. it probably shows in a lot of places throughout the game

>>32335403
i tried some new formulas in the postgame. Sun and moon felt famillar, yet refreshing. Fangames are definitely the place to try new stuff, but it's usually not my cup of tea.
>>
>>32335424
I see.
Since you are keeping the formula, there isn't too much that I can say. Do you wanna talk about that postgame or are you gonna keep a secret for a while?
>>
>>32335464
Yeah, I could tell. Those types were easily the most bloated of them all when I went through your dex. I also find 220 too small with all the Pokemon that exist these days. For me, the closer to 300 Pokemon the better it is. Also you need fossils. Bad. Golem and Rhyperior are your only non-legendary Rock-types, and Rock isn't like Dragon where it's alright to be low in quantity. Also you better have had a good reason for cutting out Slowking and Lickilicky. It doesn't matter whether you like them or not they still exist. I can understand the babymons but not evos.

>>32335465
Well I was doing a couple other things. To make the world feel more alive there were going to be non-evil team threats at some point, like a gang pulling an operation to mess with a gym in a city a fair distance away or something. It always bugged me how it seemed like everyone was nice except this one bad organization that existed so I wanted to introduce a bit of slight breaks from the usual, but right now there's very little because I don't want to have too much unnecessary dialogue and stops. Eh, most people will probably see "regional variant" and ditch my hack anyway so idk if I should really care about the dialogue amount.

As for the postgame, I am trying to keep that a little under wraps but I'm trying to include an idea involving a fuckton of open routes and finding lore by looking around and some extra bosses. I did actually consider a couple extra gyms than 8 myself at one point but decided not to roll with it.
>>
>>32335173
>Both Treecko and Oshawott are starters

Fucking perfection.

>Pokemon form then on are pretty meh, until you get into the hundreds.

Less then perfect. Although, I haven't taken a look through the thread to know this, but I assume you've also made it so that trade evolutions are just level up/item given evolutions instead?
>>
>>32335489
Thanks for the heads up. Lickilicky and Slowking were both oversights and meant to be included. I'll definitely include them, and some more Rock Pokemon in the next update.

>>32335536
That is the case. Why not up to 100 though? IMO there's some pretty cool stuff in there, good grass types, some decent bugs, and a lot of those midgamey pokemon that can bring you up to the postgame like zangoose and azumarill and stuff.
>>
>>32335559
add some gen 6 and 7 mons to the mix, sprites are publicly available now
>>
>>32335464
Try it, anon. Is your game complete?
>>32335489
Sounds interesting. And I like regional variants. I really like Sun and Moon concepts, shame that they were poorly executed.
And since you talked about more than 8 gyms, maybe you could do just stronger trainers with a special class, and those new routes would be the path to discover them, and they will have a new story. Tons of things could be done, anon. Good luck with your project. Maybe someday I will start one by myself.
>>
>>32335559
The first hundred are just pretty meh pokemon. Like, not terrible, your pokedex is pretty okay up until you hit that hundred, but it's nothing to really go home about. The second half are more filled with a lot of fan favorites, though, and I'm a sheep that likes a lot of those pokemon.

Also, weird thing about the legends, you have the beasts, the regis, but not their masters and Mewtwo and Genesect. Those two fit together, but it's kinda weird.
>>
Not OP but what would you consider a good Pokedex?
>>
>>32335576
it's complete, yeah. I've been sort of endlessly adding stuff since the release though. got some more ideas for the postgame planned out though.
There's a narrative I'm inspired by for the postgame and I've sorta been following for regarding the postgame. The big finale hasn't been done though, which is what I'm working on now and is a monumental pain in the ass.

>>32335596
I see, thanks. The 'masters' are Postgame only, which Is why I left them out. Regigigas, for example, isn't even in the main regional map, it's in the postgame area. Mew isn't in yet because I'm not happy yet with how to include him. If I add more pokemon like I said I would earlier, I'll probably have some space open up to make it a nice 0 or 5 at the end, so I can probably fit 'em in.
>>
>>32335576
Yeah I'm really insecure about it since they technically count as fakemon since they're a non-canon form. I might do some stronger trainers but I had some pretty important plans for those extra bosses, but a couple extra won't hurt.
>>
Is it updated to at least gen 6? Not playing without fairy types
>>
>>32335666
Damn, you really are serious about that.
>>
Hey OP, how has working with Essentials been? I was working on a romhack a while back but got tired of jumping through hoops to do fucking anything.

Is working with it decent? How flexible is it?

Either way, I'll definitely check this out. Good on you for finishing it.
>>
>>32335666
From the OP:
>the game has NOT been updated to Gen VI standards just yet.

Read the thread, Satan.
>>
>>32335173
I'd like to request/suggest that you put pawniard and bisharp in.
>>
File: blech.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
blech.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>It's a more traditional Pokemon story. The player, on an adventure, is swept into an evil teams plot to take over the region by ressurecting an ancient Pokemon, gathering things from throughout the region. Along with the International Police, and some Gym Leaders, you try to stop their plot all over the Kamla region. There's some easter eggs regarding the teams past
throughout the game, so get hunting! In the postgame, a new Admin controls the remnants in an attempt to take over once more, with crazy plots the player has to stop.

Ugh, is the writing style like this in game, too? awkward dialogue structuring is my biggest turn off in ROMhacks besides insane grinding.
>>
>>32335679
it's retard proof, like it a lot. just jump in and experiment. lots of public scripts/tutorials for almost anything you want.
theres unfortunately lag in some places, which sucks. but it's workable

>>32335692
request noted

>>32335707
i really cant tell you. i've been devving for like 2+ years, and my writing has probably changed a lot over that time. I think I've been using that op for around a year, so idk. I've just tried to imitate how I think the main games sound.
>>
>>32335733
>just jump in
I think I will. Thanks! And good luck getting this out there.
>>
just giving a bump before i head to sleep, see you guys maybe tomorrow?
>>
Please recolour the tiles. Those 2007 Kyledove pale tiles don't cut it anymore
>>
>>32336588
I don't suppose this can be patched to a rom? I'd very much like to play this on a handheld.
>>
>>32335094
>can't be black
Thanks but no thanks, I'll stick with Prism.
>>
>>32335094
Downloaded, will check out later. You have good taste in waifu, OP. Kumiko a Kumicute!
>>
>>32336804
I literally just started the game and got HM03 Surf. This might be a new fuckin speedrun record, lads
>>
>>32335094
Sorry to be dumb, but this isn't a Rom Hack, right? Is it playable only on Windows?
>>
What the fuck am I looking at? Where do I go to rebind these controls.
>>
>>32335094
But why is it called "Alchemist"?
>>
>>32336833
Turns out it's the first HM you get kek
Probs not supposed to get it immediately tho
Also where's the damn necklace on the beach after Route 4? I've been searching for hours.
>>
>>32336889
Isn't there a option on the start menu for that?Most other Essentials games have it.
>>
File: necklace.png (2KB, 128x162px) Image search: [Google]
necklace.png
2KB, 128x162px
>>32336774
>>32336852
no, unfortunately it's only playable on windows.

>>32336833
>>32337418
hm03 is intended to be gotten that early, and is slightly nerfed to accomidate that good
good to see a fellow kumiko fan

necklace is pic related

>>32336889
>>32337551
I kinda wanna say there's a way, F1 or something? I've tried to include a control change script in the past but it didn't work properly so I got rid of it. also use the damn fonts

>>32337040
check the google doc for an explanation
>>
Wait, so the game is out?
>>
>>32338638
just started playing it. I noticed that the red/blue colour on the stats don't corespond with the actual nature.
seems fun but I need more time to form a real opinion.
>>
>>32338705
yes, i released a while ago on pokecomm.

>>32338734
yeah, unfortunately it's a bug with the script that makes the menu look bw2 style. I'd consider that bug worth it because of how good the menus look. I'm gonna try and fix it some time in the future
>>
>>32338822
Hey alchdev, long time no see. Have a friendly bump, it's good to see the game's still getting worked on. Postgame all wrapped up yet?
>>
>>32339194
its an endless ride on the postgame. there's like 5 different "episode" things you can do in the northern part of the region. still wanna do more but they require a lotta work
>>
>>32339442
Sounds like fun to me. Thanks for continuing to improve the game after all this time. Gonna replay it, I think, as soon as I get some free time, see what all's changed. If anything weird happens I'll let you know.
>>
>>32335403
No, this is a legitimate question. What from the general romhacks that exist make you prefer fakemon and stories that are usually poorly done? I couldnt be more serious in asking.

I havent seen many fakemon or stories that would make me rather any romhack have either. Even worse are type and stat changes.
>>
>>32339479
Not him, but I personally love fakemon because they're new and exciting. I already know how all the existing Pokemon work and what they do. When encountering a fakemon, you're faced with something you have absolutely no previous knowledge of. It adds a certain spice of difficulty that just can't be captured when using existing Pokemon.
>>
>>32339442
How does trade evolution work in the game? I see a few mons in the dex I want to get but they evolve by trading
>>
Any way to speed the gameplay up
>>
>>32339828
link stone

>>32339977
i believe you can through third party stuff like cheat engine
>>
>>32340012
hmm, yeah, no. Too slow to be playable, sorry.
>>
>>32340063
do you not have a good computer? it runs fine except for a few choice areas like double battles and one or two event heavy areas.
if anything, trying to run it faster with shit hardware would probably make it worse
>>
>>32340110
My PC is fine. The engine itself seems slow. Sorry, but I'll pass.
>>
File: 1463346505779.jpg (45KB, 664x602px) Image search: [Google]
1463346505779.jpg
45KB, 664x602px
>>32340118
alright, you do you senpai
>>
>>32339585
I get that at least, though for me, I'm perfectly fie with the newness coming from the region and characters, rather than the pokemon. Also they are rarely good imo so I usually pass on any that has them.
>>
Since you've mentioned plans to expand the dex, I went to take a look at it. I have some thoughts on it, if you don't mind.

Since someone else mentioned you were kind of low on them, Crustle and Dwebble could be good additions for Rock-types, and I second that you should probably add in some fossils. Bonsly and Sudowoodo would probably also fit well into your region. Relicanth too, possibly.

You alro run a little thin on steel-types, Drilbur/Excadrill could work for that -- Nosepass and Probopass work to help fill in both types, if you think they make sense for your region. (And if not, Onix and Steelix can also help there.) If not, the Aron line works here, too -- or Skarmory, for something different. And Durant is always an option, too.

On a less-necessary note and a more ambient, fits-the-region-imho note, I feel like Buneary's line would fit well in your region, since (from what I've seen of it) a lot of it feels very natural.. Burmy and its weird little evolutionary family would also be good additions, along with Pachirisu, for headbutt trees. And it seems odd that you have Tauros but not Miltank, but that's neither here nor there.

I know you likely won't be able to implement newer-gen Pokemon (though the spritesets are out there now,) but if you do, Gogoat is the first one to come to mind that would fit in here. Tyrantrum would also be a good fossil for the region, and help to alleviate both your Rock-type deficiency, and the fact that you only have two Dragon-type lines (that I can see.) I can see Trevenant and Avalugg making itself at home as well -- the real difficult part would be implementing the Fairy-type, so I won't bother mentioning any of those, and I understand if you don't want to drag in a few disparate parts of the newest gens.

On a final note, I'm glad to not see Pikachu for once. Sorry if this was kind of out-of-bounds, because I know you didn't ask for my opinion. But I really like this region, and it was fun to think about your dex.
>>
>>32340532
Thanks for this, this is my current list of additions.

Pawniard/Bisharp
Aron,Lairon,Aggron
Miltank (Replace Tauros?) They're samey and I get the pair idea but theres a lotta gen 1 mons i could prob replace
Nosepass, Probopass
Buneary and its Evo
Pacharisu
Dwebble, Crustle
Slowking, Lickilicky
Mew,Regigigas

any other thoughts/additions from anyone?
Hopefully this adds a couple rock and steel pokes and some things that needed to be there
>>
>>32340625
>Nosepass, Probopass
Guy who asked for more Rocks here. I fucking love you. Just for this I promise I'll give it a try when you update it
>>
>>32340625
If I can make one selfish and entirely unnecessary request: Girafarig.

That out of the way, I'm trying to avoid suggesting Grass-types because you already have a ton of them, same with Water-types.

If you have Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff, you should probably have Igglybuff in your dex, too. (I don't blame you for forgetting about it.)

If you have a script for shaking grass, Audino would always be appreciated for grinding purposes!

Rotom is always good to pad out a bunch of different types (Electric, Fire, Water, Ice, Grass, Flying, and Ghost,) but it depends on how it fits into what you're doing whether you can justify it or not.

I can't really justify any of these beyond them just seeming like a decent fit for the region, but Torkoal or Magcargo's lines could be good if you want more Fire-types about.

Croagunk's line seems like it could make itself at home, or Breloom if you want some more Fighting-types. The hitmons could also work, and provide a valuable source of player frustration as they try to actually evolve Tyrogue into the one they want. Fuck Hitmontop.

Mismagius, Banette, or Dusknoir's lines could be a good fit; you do run a bit low on Ghost-types at only four lines -- but then, Ghosts are an uncommon type, anyway, so that's probably alright as well.

But honestly, you've got most things covered imho. It's a good dex.
>>
>>32341419
>>32341607
thank you
added rotom, since it's already catchable
I'll probably add croagunk as well, since breloom is another grass type.
babys will be added as well
>>
bump
What's your favorite Pokemon OP?
>>
>>32342683
Sceptile and Ludicolo, probably tied
>>
>>32336642
I like them personally.
>>
>>32343006
I get what he's saying. I like the tiles and they get the job done but they're ancient and have been used by a lot of people. Unfortunately it's not like I have a custom spriter or something working with me, i'm just using public stuff.

anyways, last post before bed. see you guys tomorrow if this stays up
>>
>>32343456
Goodnight devanon, thanks for continuing to improve the game.
>>
Do you need a scripter for anything? I could code some small things for you if something has been dragging you down in that aspect. If so idk say something on the heg Essentials channel in Discord? idk

I wont code online and shit, but w/e if you have some normal ideas hmu
>>
File: Untitled.png (185KB, 961x933px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
185KB, 961x933px
>>32344260
sure, there's a couple bugs and scripts im trying to iron out but im not sure what im doing lol
i post a lot in the heg discord, but just shoot me a pm
nickname is alchdev there but user is jttyzzle
>>
>>32335124
Oh fuck you. Don't act like gyms gave always been gone. It's only been one generation.
>>
So I just skimmed through the thread but is the game more or less completely done or still more in a beta version?
>>
>>32346101
Not OP, but from what I remember the game's through the mainline story and alchdev's been working on postgame since.
>>
the maps are trash
>>
>>32346199
>>32346258
everything's trash down here
>>
>>32335094
I like the art but >exe
>>
File: River.png (213KB, 1090x641px) Image search: [Google]
River.png
213KB, 1090x641px
>>32346101
pretty gosh darn done. you can beat the champ and do quite a bit of postgame. im still endlessly adding stuff to the game though

>>32346199
I don't have a problem with people saying somethings bad, but a post like this does absolutely nothing. What's trash? The layouts? The tiles? I'd appreciate it and change things if you said what exactly was bad, but this post means absolutely nothing in its current form.

>>32346481
I know there's quite a bit of >essentials hate, but it's pretty easy to use and have a lot of potential. I'd like for it to be accessible and mobile and other devices like roms are too, but that's unfortunately a downside.
>>
>>32346636
I don't really have anything against it being made in essentials, it's just that most of the time I play a hack or a fangame, it's on my phone during my commute and rarely on my computer at home
I really like your maps though, might check it out when exams are over
>>
Any sort of in-game event or gift pokemon like Snorlax and Lapras are in RBY?
>>
>>32346636

Hey OP, I've looked through your thread and I wanna try your game. Any requests for anything you'd like me to try out during my playthrough?
>>
>>32346687
I agree, playing fangames on the phone is pretty great. Hopefully some day there will be a way to play Essentials games on mobile.

>>32347043
You can find some event things in special places, like Lapras.
There were beta gifts too
BETA1: Dratini
BETA2: Gible
BETA3: Ralts

The beta ones aren't available anymore, naturally, but I'm curious if anyone still has them.

>>32347209
Nothing really, but I'd like to see someone go through with a full team and give me balance feedback. I've followed my own experiences and a small handful of friends when balancing.
People are coming and saying 'X' is overpowerd, 'X' levels are too weak, etc. I want more peoples experiences so I can get a more proper balance throughout the game.

Anyways, I'm going to work for a few hours but I will be back and stuff then.
>>
>>32347351

First response I have is I got the Surf HM without leaving the first town. There's no reason Oshawott needs to have this this early haha.
>>
I played through this a while ago (I'm the guy with the shiny Jellicent in the Hall of Fame). Back when I played, hardly any of the postgame was done. If I download the newest version and move my save over, will anything be broken? Like, will any flags or events or whatever be fucked up?
>>
Spending my precious work break here replying to posts kek

>>32347402
Double check the power, its been nerfed because of how early it's gotten.
>>32347488
Depends on where you saved. The train up to North Kamla now has an event. Crumblerock has an event (blocks you from leaving the town, too, so save there or before the train if anything). Temporal and Frozenpeak still have their events, and beating both leads to the island mystery and the final BR base. Mostly the changes are to the opening stuff in the north.
>>
>>32348538

Oh hey you're back. I had a question. Is Tangela still a headbutt mon in Graphite Forest? I was checking this document you left but the headbutt mons seem to be incorrect.

https://pastebin.com/SDqxsnQ0
>>
>>32348673
i've updated the pastebin, it was probably outdated
heres the new linkeroo
https://pastebin.com/ZZYy7cQW
>>
Kinda unrelated, but could you take a look at this OP?

>>32349573
>>
File: route 6.png (210KB, 1148x1062px) Image search: [Google]
route 6.png
210KB, 1148x1062px
>>32350033
just go for it. I'm not a spriter, just a dude with photoshop. music guy, coder anything
Come up with some concrete ideas for the region, map some routes. I find making gym teams and stuff is fun and keeps you motivated. There's lots of public resources and scripts for essentials that make devving easy.
I tend to draw route/region designs in class and refine them over time.
My stories basically that me and a childhood friend came up with basic ideas back in 5th grade. in 7th grade the first romhack got made, and every year following that there was an updated rom hack basically from scratch.
2014 I moved on to Essentials and have been slowly completing/improving over time.
For comparison, here's a GBA Map, and how it moved into Essentials.
I don't think this is a particularly good map, at all honestly, but its a map I kept mostly the same and it shows rom -> essentials and 2012 -> 2015~.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (225KB, 1728x927px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
225KB, 1728x927px
>>32350461
i realize i just now threw out class years, without any reference. probably like 2009/10 the idea came about. 2011,2012,2013 romhacks. and 2014 i stated with essentials. heres another map rom v. essentials
>>
>>32350461
tbdesu alchdev you're kind of inspiring for how much you've managed to accomplish without knowing much about this at all, i mean that. i really do think you've shown that anyone can do this if they give it a shot and work at it --
in a good way. thank you for that.
>>
>>32350565
thanks, comments like this make my day.
if you're interested in essentials I could give you a list of good scripts and stuff.

Also...
How often would you guys like to see these threads? I tried to keep them very spaced apart, like months at a time, if you look back in the old threads.
to be honest though i have a lot of fun doing this and im not sure if you guys want more, or if there's even much more to discuss

anyways, going to bed tonight see you possibly tomorrow
>>
>>32351132

Honestly just do it as often as you actually feel like it. It's nice hearing from the creator, but forcing yourself to do it when you don't makes the whole experience worse for everyone involved. This thread has been super comfy and a great break from the regular garbage of this board.
>>
>>32351132
I'd honestly be interested in that, yeah. I don't think I'll ever manage anything with them, but it's a nice thought.

>>32352556
And I agree with this anon. Don't force yourself, but do it whenever you feel it's a good time. It's honestly nice to hang out here.
>>
>>32335094
Have a thread tomorrow please, I'll contribute what I find/thoughts then.
>>
>>32352556
>>32353844
>>32353982
the thread'll probably last till tomorrow, maybe longer.
when it dies i'll wait till the next major update, probably.

Here's some scripts I would recommend
Luka SJ's Elite Battle and his other stuff
Shiney's BW2 Stuff (Some conflict with Lukas Stuff, but im trying to find ways to fix them.
Kleinstudios stuff

I've also updated the dex on the google doc I sent earlier and I'm gonna work on moving the pokemon in later today.
>>
Where can I find a Razor Fang?
>>
how do i toggle the running shoes?
>>
>>32354323
Route 16

>>32354965
Currently because of the BW2 Options Menu it is disabled, but I'm going to re-add it in the near future. It's a little misleading because your rival says to check the options, I know.
>>
>>32354072
Thanks for the recommendations, I really do appreciate it.
>>
>>32355051
Is there a playthrough yet?
I'd really like to see it.
>>
>>32355703
Like youtube playthrough?

Galactic Pokemon has a good playthrough, I like his voice and general vibe. He also runs into a glitch around Sandveil and his reaction is hilarious

There's also a bunch of weird indian people playing the game which is really bizarre.
I theorize that because the game doesn't have a lot of other playthroughs they picked it up to try and get views. Really weird desu

I want to make my own personal
postgame walkthrough/dev commentary but the college dorms aren't a good place to do long playthroughs with all the noise. maybe over the summer

>>32355277
if you ever end up making something, tell me because im curious
>>
post more maps.
>>
When I try to run the game it says 'RGSS104E.dll could not be found.' Am I missing something?
>>
File: Route 17.png (203KB, 832x1166px) Image search: [Google]
Route 17.png
203KB, 832x1166px
>>32356087
here's an attempt at replicating the gen 4 snowy routes, it's ok. I think it could be a little better desu but at least it's variety

>>32356277
I'm not sure, check the folder. There should be the file there, right? Maybe run it or something? The folder I send has the
RGSS104E.dll file right there, alongside RGSS102E.dll
>>
>>32356341
there's 'gif.dll' but that's the only file with that extension
>>
File: Untitled.png (61KB, 1805x765px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
61KB, 1805x765px
>>32356638
you extracted the folder, right?
I myself just downloaded the file, and they're both in there.
I'm assuming you're windows, and your antivirus didn't falsely identify it.
>>
File: Nori City.png (282KB, 1360x799px) Image search: [Google]
Nori City.png
282KB, 1360x799px
Pokedex update is now out.
Additions:
>Pawniard, Bisharp
>Aron,Lairon,Aggron
>Nosepass,Probopass
>Buneary, Lopunny
>Pachirisu
>Lickilicky
>Slowking
>Dwebble,Crustle
>Croagunk,Toxicroak
>Rotom
>Azurill, Igglybuff
>Mew, Regigigas

Encounters have been updated on the google doc/pastebin and some teams too.

I've also posted a map here I think is OK, and I'm kind of interested in improving. post some comments
>>
>>32356833
>No Nosepass in the new encounter list
is it a gift?
>>
File: Graphite Forest.png (658KB, 1384x1227px) Image search: [Google]
Graphite Forest.png
658KB, 1384x1227px
>>32357138
>make the new pastebin
>forget to actually update the link in the google doc
sorry kek, totally my bad

https://pastebin.com/erDPzam1
>>
Man, I remember you posting some of your stuff here a long time ago. I still have some pictures saved. I'm really looking forward to playing this.
>>
Hey OP, have you considered adjusting some pokemons moves? For example I'm using a phanpy and it doesn't get any ground level up moves naturally until it's a Donphan in the 40s. You can move tutor some Ground moves but I'm not entirely sure if you have the relearner in this game in all honesty and if you do where.
>>
>>32356833
I don't see Dwebble or Crustle anywhere in the dex
>>
>>32357250
Cool! hope you enjoy playing

>>32357986
Yes, any suggestions? I've edited some movesets slightly before. Just for this update I've replaced natural gift in its moveset with dig.

>>32358034
You're right! He can be caught and stuff right now, but I've released a quick update that'll properly add it to the Kamla Dex, bringing the Dex up 242, which immensely triggers me right now.
This update'll also sneak in character shadows and better pond bubbles
>>
>>32359039

Yeah, I mean it'd take individual mons to look at but for Phanpy Dig or Magnitude would be awesome.

I had another question. Are all trade evo mons done with a link stone? For example will Seadra and Electabuzz evolve through them? And is there multiple of these stones in the game?
>>
>>32359113
yes, the link stone functions like a trade, so you'll need items and stuff if you want to evolve.
you can find them starting at Resort City, dept. store
>>
>>32359529

Cool, I'm trying to build an actual 6 pokemon team like you said you wanted someone to do. I'm currently in River Town with Phanpy/Litwick/Deerling/Elekid/Beldum/x and was hoping to add Horsea whenever I get Good Rod. I figured that was somewhat close?
>>
>>32359577
Good Rod is to the right of River, there's a fisherman on the Route between River/Treetrunk
>>
>>32359751

That's awesome!

Is there a move relearner in this game? Without it Beldum/Metang is really going to be struggling since it's caught at 20/23 it misses out on metal claw and confusion
>>
>>32359792
Oasis Town is the Move Deleter. Move Re-Learner is Nori City. It's a bit far into the game, sorry.

Also, I finally re-added the download link to the google doc. I kind of went out to eat for half an hour and forgot to fix the google doc
>>
>>32359825

Do you think it'd be reasonable to move metal claw and confusion to level 25 with the encounters you have set up for Beldum?
>>
>>32359962
makes sense to me, done. that'll be in the next update.

page 10 save
>>
>>32361783

Neat. Any other updates you have planned in it?
>>
>>32361846
working on some new maps and a new postgame event that'll cover essentially the whole region. it's a lotta work so it'll be a while though.
>>
After getting to page 10 two times in a row, it seems there isnt much more to talk about, or nobodys left here anymore.
Anyways, if you guys wanna keep up to date, check pokecommunity.
I'll make another thread when the next update comes out, see you guys, and thanks for coming by.
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.