[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you still hoping for a third and last Pokemon game (Stars)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: Nintendo.jpg (89KB, 680x310px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo.jpg
89KB, 680x310px
Are you still hoping for a third and last Pokemon game (Stars) to come to the 3DS? Looks like the console doesn't have much time left.
>>
>>32332710
The console has at least a year in it left.
>>
>>32332710
Where is the idea that Switch will replace the 3DS coming from?

No one at nintendo has ever said anything like that
>>
>>32332710
>>32332749
the 3DS has a few more years left. The newest direct had a ton of DS games in it.
>>
>You get to marry fug
>You can't have sex with hher
>>
>>32332710
Did you see the 4/12 Direct? 3DS isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
>>
>>32332749
But /v/ told me the 3DS is dead.
>>
>>32332837
nice bait
>>
>>32332710
The Switch is replacing the Wii U, not the 3DS. The 3DS' replacement will probably be another DS and not for a few more years.
>>
I say we'll hear rumors/discussion about the 3DS successor next year, but for now I doubt it is going anywhere, but I also doubt we'll get another 3rd installment game, especially not for the 3DS.
>>
>>32332749
Because despite whatever Nintendo says, the Switch is a handheld console. It essentially does what the 3DS does, so to have both just fragments and confuses the market, as handheld developers will refuse to move on. If Nintendo doesn't move all handheld development into the Switch then they're being dumb and only hurting the Switch.
>>
>>32332710
If gen 7 continues it will probably stay on the 3DS
I can't see them changing platforms mid-generation
>>
>>32333122
The Switch is specifically a console that can be used as a handheld. Not a handheld that can be used on a TV.

There is a difference.
>>
>>32333122
>Because despite whatever Nintendo says
>saying that the company that makes the product doesn't have the say-so in what it is

That's /v/ level logic for you. They've clearly stated, multiple times, it's a home console with portability, not a portable console that hooks up to a TV.
>>
North American release dates of consoles and games:

GBA: Jun 11 2001
Crystal: Jul 30 2001
(RS: Mar 19 2003)

DS: Nov 21 2004
Emerald: May 1 2005
(DP: Apr 22 2007)

3DS: Mar 27 2011
BW2: Oct 7 2012
(XY: Oct 12 2013)

The past 3 consoles have all had main series games released on them after the next-gen console was released. Even if the Switch does replace the 3DS (it might not), we should still get at least one release for the 3DS before that happens.
>>
>>32333122
I'm not going to pay $500 for a switch to play handheld games though I'm just not, it simply doesn't appeal to me as one and makes me want it less as a home console as well because of it.

I'm a huge nintenbabby and I'm more inclined to buy a vita at this point.
>>
>>32332791
>>32332734
>>32332710

Yokai Watch 2 PS
Ever Oasis
Goodbye Boxboy
Fire Emblem

The 3DS isn't going anywhere any time soon.
>>
>>32333191

They've said that because admitting they've left the home console business would be too embarassing.
>>
>>32333199
Lady Layton
Dragon Quest XI
Snack World
RPG Maker FES
Monster Hunter Stories
Miitopia
Hey Pikmin
>>
>>32333165
>>32333191
Hooking the console up to the TV does nothing to improve the games, in graphics or experience. The stand does nothing to improve power. It's a handheld that's being outputted to a TV.

The reasons Nintendo keeps insisting it's a home console first is just so they can fall back onto the 3DS if it fails, and because if they didn't people would meme about them giving up on the home console business.
>>
>>32333202
>>32333215
Thanks for your opinions, they've been disregarded to the trash where they belong.
>>
>>32333225
wait I love nintendo and my switch but he's right
>>
>>32333238
Opinions are subjective, not facts.
>>
No, I'm hoping to have nothing to do with the Switch.
>>
>>32333210
I don't know if it will ever live up to the DS catalogue but it's definitely getting there
>>
>the switch is the new handheld
NOT having both a handheld and home console is a dumb idea. Why would Nintendo not want to make money?
>>
>>32333557
Maybe the current market isn't suitable for a new handheld like Sony said. WE MOBILE NOW
>>
>>32333461
Agreed, best platform this generation easily.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.