[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will the Kanto pandering cease?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: S&M.jpg (19KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
S&M.jpg
19KB, 310x163px
When will the Kanto pandering cease?
>>
>>32331260
I hope never.
I like to see how pissed /vp/ is because of this.
>>
>>32331260
When you'll stop masturbating to pokémon!
>>
File: IMG_8919.jpg (36KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8919.jpg
36KB, 720x400px
>>32331260
It will only get worse from here on out. I can't believe X and Y's blatant Gen 1 pandering pales in comparison to Sun and Moon's.
>>
There is no Kanto pandering. Just a couple of neat references to old games.

The only problem is that there are people with a massive victim complex when it comes to that.
>>
It'll never stop, because GameFreak believes that Pandering = Sales after how poorly Gen 5 did, and then the complete rebound in sales from Gen 6.
So naturally, they up it even more for Gen 7 AND generate hype with a constant flow of trailers (that end up showing pretty much the entire game) and they print even more money than ever.
Expect the next game and/or gen to be in similar fashion.
>>
>>32331314
>There are more Kanto Pokemon than Alola Pokemon
>Only Gen 1 Polemon have Alola forms
>Red and Blue own the Battle Tree
>You moved from Kanto
>Lillie moves to Kanto
>They copied and pasted Professor Oak in and he literally just stands there and does nothing
>First time you can trade from Gen 1 to the most recent games
>This game's sales were greatly fueled by Pokemon Go

As for last gen
>More Kanto Pokemon than Kalos Pokemon in the dex
>Most Megas were Gen 1
>You get a second set of starters, who are from Kanto
>Charizard and Mewtwo are the only Pokemon with two different Mega stones
>Route 1 is swarming with Caterpies and Pidgeys
>Santalune Forest is literally Vermillion Forest 2013
>Only a tiny handful of legendaries, half are literally Gen 1
>The postgame content is on par with Gen 1

How can you not see it?
>>
>>32331371
If only we could upvote posts...
>>
>>32331371
>ignoring kukui's involvement with kanto
>ignoring nugget bridge and diglett cave
>counting caterpie and pidgey as kanto pandering
>missing the fact that type: null is a reference to mewtwo and not arceus
>>
>>32331343
>>32331371
And they are right doing that, specially because the quality of the pokemon franchise actually rised up. Generation 5 gave us a lot of pokemon and just few of them are actually intriguing (and i'm not talking competitively rather than more appealing to see and fun to use). They understood the fact that pandering on old generations is better then create something completely new avoiding the rest.

Btw in gen 5: what a great marketing strategy putting Pikachu as a Pokèmon unable to obtain without trading.
>>
>>32331371
But never mind all the references to other games, right? Burnet, Colress and Grimsley totally aren't in Sun and Moon. And the NPCs in Kalos that play music from Sinnoh and Unova aren't pandering, no siree.

There are plenty more of these things but I guess you never noticed them in the midst of your rabid anti-Kanto crusade. All I see is confirmation bias and a rock solid hate boner on your part.
>>
When Kanto stops being more popular than every other region by a landslide which will never happen because Tokyo happens to be located in Kanto, Japan
>>
>>32331538
>Tokyo happens to be located in Kanto, Japan
well, this explains why they chose kanto to be first generation.
>>
File: IMG_9287.png (182KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9287.png
182KB, 500x299px
>>32331413
>Type:Null is a reference to Mewtwo not Arceus
>>
>>32331652
but it's true.

offical pokemon website confirms it.
>>
File: IMG_9294.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9294.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>32331513
Gimme a break, the Kanto shit overshadows other gen stuff way more. The things you mentioned are much more minir in comparison to what I listed so your point is invalid. Next you'll say they should have them include a ferry to Vermillion in Pokemon Stars.
>>
>>32331684
>minir
I meant minor but you get the point>>32331669
>>
Kanto pandering isn't wrong.
>>
>>32331260

Not until every fully evolved Pokemon of the original 150 has at least 3 new evolutions/forms.
>>
>>32331260
not soon, that shit made me buy this game (first pokemon game), and im sure other people too
>>
>>32331260
Never ever. Buckle down little Timmothy, it's going to be a long time.
>>
>>32331260
20th anniversary
>>
>>32331371
>Route 1 is swarming with Caterpies and Pidgeys

This is the only one that's outright false. Route 2
>>
>>32331538
How exactly do we even know if Kanto is the most popular region? I hope you aren't using sales from years and years ago to conclude that Kanto is currently the most liked. Kanto is bland as fuck.
>>
>>32331260
>tfw at least a Kanto trainer appear in 6 out of 7 generations

Gen 6, surprisingly didn't have any Kanto trainer but the pandering came in form of Mega Evolution.
>>
>>32336093
Technically it did. The Karate King is a background NPC in Lumiose.
>>
File: 1489869068006.jpg (25KB, 380x404px) Image search: [Google]
1489869068006.jpg
25KB, 380x404px
>>32331684
as long as gen 1 remains the best selling generation that will never end anon.
>>
Tbh I don't mind the gen 1 "pandering" if it's just going to essentially buffs/new niches to Pokemon that couldn't keep up or have gotten outclassed.
>>
The thing iss Kanto padering isnt really needed to sell a Pokemon game. ORAS is the best sellng remake and has the least amount of Kanto pandering we've had since BW1
>>
It will probably slow down for a while after the movie comes out. Last year we had the game's 20th anniversary and now it's the anime's 20th. In five years there likely will be some other anniversary event.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.