[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Irrelevant things that trigger you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11

File: Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Archie.png (475KB, 607x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Archie.png
475KB, 607x1280px
Archie the fucking water master use terrestrial pokemon
>>
File: ace trainer oras.jpg (64KB, 480x533px) Image search: [Google]
ace trainer oras.jpg
64KB, 480x533px
>>32325960

I hate the fact Maxie and Archie more or less use 2/3 of the same mons.

for fuck sakes.

I think Maxie should have Mightyena and Archie could have a Linoone instead, since they actually can learn Surf.

Instead of Maxie having a Crobat, how about a Skarmory or Flygon instead? Archie can have Crobat.

another idea because of Magma and Aqua's rivlary how about Magma uses Zangoose and Aqua uses Seviper.

also why don't Magma use Torkoal at all, I think it'd fit them well.

I don't like Maxie, Tabitha and Courtney all use the same mons really.

How about Tabitha has a Torkoal and Courtney uses a Magcargo.

Ditto with Archie, Shelly and Matt.

Archie keeps Sharpedo, Matt gets a Craudant and Shelly has a Wailord or Tentacruel.

also Team Aqua should use Muk since it's more watery than Koffing/Weezing too, and maybe consider Pelipper too.

apologizes for the autism.
>>
>>32326503
Magma and Aqua are pretty much the same team, they just swap colors and a few pokemon.
>>
>>32326512

I guess that's why it bothers me.

I just wish there was more variety.

I also hate it when certain characters of an archetype use the same mons.

example both Cyrus and Lysandre use Honchkrow and Gyarados.

Crobat is used by Maxie, Archie and Cyrus. Cyrus is weird since that requires love. Maxie and Archie are bad guys but they're more stupid than outright malicious.

I also don't like Gladion and Silver both using Snesal/Weavile and Crobat.

also tired of Lucario being every female fighting type gym leader's main also.

I can be forgiving with dragon types since their isn't as many, or well was.
>>
>>32326503
I wish Magma and Aqua admins used more than one Pokémon. That would have made the game a little more challenging and would have given the characters more personality.
>>
>>32326559

same man, same.
>>
File: 1482294385142.jpg (63KB, 671x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482294385142.jpg
63KB, 671x720px
>>32326503
>>32326535
You're totally right, I'm triggered by this too
>>
File: angrykaki2.jpg (242KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
angrykaki2.jpg
242KB, 1920x1080px
>>32325960
Rival don't have 6 Pokémon for the last main game battle.
>>
>>32326503
>>32326535

I never understood why most evil teams used route one shitmons, or poison types, or other Pokemon that didn't go with their theme. At the very least, they could have been more variety with the pokemon that used, even if it didn't go with their theme, so that fights with grunts/admins wouldn't be so boring and repetitive.
>>
>>32327767
It makes perfect sense tho. They're grunts, so they're just given a pathetic shitmon and told to git. Minimal effort expended on them. Plus you don't want them getting too uppity, so having pathetic shitmon teams means you can easily beat them up if they start getting ideas.
>>
>>32325960
Same here. When ORAS came out and it turned out the only change made to Maxie/Archie's teams was to give them fucking Weezing or Muk, it annoyed the shit out of me. I don't necessarily mind them having Mightyena and Crobat but for fuck's sake, give them other mons that reflect their team's theme. TCG gave Aqua and Magma better Pokemon than the actual games.
>>
>>32326535
There's foot fetish girl and rollerblade girl, who else? And the latter is justified by her link to mega evolution.
>>
>>32325960
>sharpedo
>terrestrial

I kek'd
>>
>>32325960
Psychic type Legendary and Mythical Pokemon.

It always seemed to me that psychic types made up most of these groups, and for no reason. I guess part of it could be the whole link to supernatural abilities, but psychic feels like to go-to type for a lot of natural and supernatural phenomena that Pokemon are based off of.

Mew and Mewtwo are based off genetics and cloning - they are psychic types. Celebi utilizes time travel - also psychic. It goes on: Deoxys and DNA, Jirachi and wish granting, etc. These ones I can understand.

But the others don't make sense to me. Why the fuck is Lugia, the "guardian of the seas" and a Pokemon found in a water-based area, a psychic type instead of a water type? Why is Necrozma, a crystal-based lifeform that uses light, a psychic type instead of a rock type? Don't even get me started on Solgaleo. That fucker should of at least been part fire type.

I just don't get why psychic is used so much, when there are more appropriate type choices (at least in my eyes), and we could potentially have more type variety.

On a related note, I think Tapu Lele should have been Fire/Fairy instead. Burning Terrain sounds like a cool effect, and fire fits in with the grass, water, and electric types (starter type + pika) that the other Tapus have. That's just my opinion though.

Does this bother anyone else at all?
>>
>>32328012

I also didn't like them both using Machokes either.
>>
>>32328069
Solgaleo is based on a specific concept in alchemy, though, it's not just a sun lion.

Not disagreeing with you, though, re: the proliferation of boring psychic type legendaries, but Solgaleo's plenty appropriate.
>>
>>32325960
Gym leaders using Pokémon from the same line if it's not two split evolutions. Like Misty using Staryu and Starmie.

Signature Pokémon of gym leaders not being introduced in that region.

Johto Pokémon that were catchable in Emerald not catchable in ORAS. If they didn't want to do the Safari Zone extension, they could at least have put the remaining on Mirage Spots.

Nidorina and Nidoqueen can't breed.

Miltank can't hatch Tauros.

Gym leaders in ORAS' PokéNav despite you can't never rematch them because they were also there in R/S.

Evolutions can be caught in the wild, but the first stage can't. Like how Sharpedo can be caught in the wild in S/M but Carvanha can't.

Grunt only using Rattata, Patrat and the region's Poison- and Dark-types.

>>32326503
>>32326535
This pretty much too.
>>
>>32329620
>Evolutions can be caught in the wild, but the first stage can't. Like how Sharpedo can be caught in the wild in S/M but Carvanha can't.

Oh my god, friggin this.
>>
>>32326535

This definitely bothers me. It's like how Zubat and Magikarp are everywhere, and Psyduck and Goldeen take up dex slots in nearly every game. The franchise has over 800 Pokemon but uses the same 50 for everything. It's really frustrating. One thing I liked about Aether was the variety you battled.
>>
>>32329682
That's why Aether and the Orre evil teams are my favorite evil teams. Finally some variety.
>>
>>32329687

Aether was refreshing in terms of variety.

Lusamine uses mons like Liligant, Clefable and Mismagius.

No villain leaders has ever used mons like that before.

Massive Props.

hell even Guzma's team was inspired. Name another Pokemon villain with Pinsir, Ariados and Masquerain.
>>
File: 1466179141788.png (94KB, 342x192px) Image search: [Google]
1466179141788.png
94KB, 342x192px
Solrock and Lunatone aren't in Sun and Moon
>>
>>32329704
Neither is Bellossom, the hula Pokémon, in a region based on Hawaii.

>>32329700
I forgot about Guzma. Yeah, that's one of the things S/M did right.
>>
whitney acts like a bimbo but because games are rated E we never get see what she does in her free time.
>>
File: 1355603371982.png (195KB, 309x323px) Image search: [Google]
1355603371982.png
195KB, 309x323px
>Pokemons aren't varied on most routes, most of the time it's pokemons from earlier regions that get priority
>Last gym, evil team, rival and E4 doesn't features full teams near the end of the game
>Battle Frontier not making a come back in ORAS, could have made the game ten time better

>>32326535
>>32326503

Also this
>>
>>32329751

don't forget the same fucking mons in every game.

For the last time I don't need to encounter, Geodude, Zubat or Tentacools in every region.

Props for Unova excluding Zubats at the very least for not having them.
>>
>>32327807
>Give grunts good pokemon
>Suddenly, they can do something instead of getting rekt by 10 year olds
>"Na, not a good idea"
>>
>>32327767
I remember first noticing this with Galactic. Magma and Aqua had their Numels and Carvanhas even if the rest was the same as Rocket, so I was interested to see what Galactic would use. Turned out to just be pure Rocket. Plasma in BW1 was the same even though they were posing as good guys. Flare's only Fire types were the Houndour line which is part Dark. Plasma in BW2 were of a general evil theme so it didn't matter as much there I guess. Skull & Aether threw theming out the window but the variety was nice and better than 'Rocket-again'.
>>
>>32329792
To be fair, only important characters/strong trainers are allowed to be able to fend off the evil teams. Everyone else gets terrorized by them.
>>
File: black-white.jpg (44KB, 469x210px) Image search: [Google]
black-white.jpg
44KB, 469x210px
>>32325960
>pokemon black has a white box legendary
>pokemon white has a black box legendary
>>
>>32329704
>>32329711
>Neither is Bellossom, the hula Pokémon, in a region based on Hawaii.

This ain't irrelevance, this is plain retardation on GF's part.

>>32329682
I love Golduck, so I've no complaint about Psyduck, at least, but you have a point.

>>32329620
>Signature Pokémon of gym leaders not being introduced in that region.
But that's fine.

>Johto Pokémon that were catchable in Emerald not catchable in ORAS. If they didn't want to do the Safari Zone extension, they could at least have put the remaining on Mirage Spots.
THIS
cunting GF

>Miltank can't hatch Tauros.
THIS

>Nidorina and Nidoqueen can't breed.
THIS
like, seriously
What's the damn point of them not being breedable?

>Grunt only using Rattata, Patrat and the region's Poison- and Dark-types.
THIS

>>32328069
>>32329792
seconded
>>
File: 1485215406526.png (291KB, 750x900px) Image search: [Google]
1485215406526.png
291KB, 750x900px
>>32329751
THIS
>>
>>32326559
x3
wth
>>
File: 1489448081406.jpg (74KB, 750x777px) Image search: [Google]
1489448081406.jpg
74KB, 750x777px
The TM list in generation 2
>Defense curl is a TM
>Sweet Scent is a TM
>Ice beam/flamethrower/thunderbolt aren't TMs
>all the good TMs are replaced with garbage
I have gained an all new appreciation for HG/SS
>>
File: Yin_yang.svg.png (60KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Yin_yang.svg.png
60KB, 1200x1200px
>>32332728
>>
File: ceos_gone_wild_by_rware-d3af4f1.jpg (177KB, 600x740px) Image search: [Google]
ceos_gone_wild_by_rware-d3af4f1.jpg
177KB, 600x740px
Most water pokemon that you actually WANT to use are only available after you get the super rod, or have surf.
Delta episode being spoiled months before the game launched by GF themselves.
Really ORAS in general.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.