[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blastoise v Charizard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

File: maxresdefault.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
After Venusaur, which of these two do you choose, /vp/? Let's clear this up once and for all.
>>
>>32323299
Charizard comes second to Venusaur
>>
>>32323299
Charizard if megas are available, Blastoise if not. Venusaur is the best though.
>>
>>32323299
Charizard
>>
Zard for me. The first pokemon I've ever gotten
>>
Well, I choose Charizard, personally.

But Blastoise is awesome too.
>>
>>32323312
This guy gets it
>>
I can never choose.
>>
>after Venusaur
>after
>>
>>32323471
Figured I'd appease the Bulbafags since they actually think they're relevant in this debate. Whoops.
>>
>>32323299
What stands out about Blastoise for me is the shell, which acts as defense. This is nothing unique, every turtle has this, but I like it. The second thing being the cannons. If it's going to shoot water somehow, they attached cannons on it to let it do that. This is sort of missing from most Pokemon, where they just puke out water somehow. It makes Blastoise unique, and it looks cool as fuck. One of the cooler details any Pokemon has received. The third thing is its "buff" body. The big, not necessarily tall, body make it appear strong. The defensive shell, the cannons for offense, and the large body all come together to make a Pokemon that I can see myself relying on. A good partner. On the negative side, it looks so heavy that it can barely move outside of water. Like a turtle, it would move very slowly.

What stands out about Charizard for me is the body shape. It's a dragon, and if there's one objective truth in this world, it's that dragons are cool. The first feature that stands out is the wings. What it lacks in defense, it makes up with mobility. It can not only move with ease, but also move in three dimensions. The second is the ability to shoot flames out of its mouth. It's not as unique as having cannons, but it's still great. All Fire-types breathe fire, but it doesn't fit them all. Why is a horse able to breathe fire. That bothers me almost as much as Pokemon puking water. Breathing fire is a thing dragons inherently do, so it fits better. The next is hands. They're usable. Another personal preference, but I like it when hands on Pokemon are usable in and outside of battle. Pokemon that have blade for hands are amazing for battles, annoyance for anything else. The biggest negative for Zard is that it's fat. It doesn't affect mobility, but doesn't look too good.

This is why I think Kanto starters are great. Their designs are good looking and practical. Every details means something.
Charizard > Venusaur > Blastoise, though I LOVE all three.
>>
>>32323475
Okay then, carry on
>>
>>32323299
Vinegar is overrated as fuck.
As for Blastoise or Charizard, it changes almost on a weekly basis for me. Currently, its Blastoise. It was Zard for a few months after BURASUTO happened. Been Blastoise since I saw a good looking fanart yesterday.
>>
>>32323483
Good analysis. Would love to read more like this on this board in general.
>>
>>32323520
>Vinegar is overrated as fuck
Vinegar has been OU for more gens even before mega was a thing
>>
>>32323520
>Been Blastoise since I saw a good looking fanart yesterday.

Do you happen to have it? Good Blastoise fanart is so rare.
>>
>>32323520
exactly

i can't make my mind up on zard v blastoise, but venusaur is close behind

gen wun had fantastic starter designs.
>>
>>32323526
>muh competitive tiers
Most people don't give a fuck about any of that. We don't even need to have a debate or discussion if that's the only standard we're using.
>>
Blastoise. Turtles are cool, water cannons are cool, water is cool.
>>
>>32323535
>>32323520
>>32323459
>undecided

Fuck, I thought it was just me. I think about this all the time.

>>32323541
This is true. But dragons are cool, breathing fire is cool, and fire is cool. Therein lies the problem.
>>
File: 56554718_p0.jpg (381KB, 1749x1000px) Image search: [Google]
56554718_p0.jpg
381KB, 1749x1000px
>>32323526
Okay? Lugia has been Uber for, well, forever. It's not even half as popular as Vsauce. It even got a pretty good movie and a cool cutscene in SS. That is more than anything Vsauce ever got.

>>32323529
Here you go, anon. It's from my new favorite Pokemon artist. His Charizard was also amazing, but its a bit old, and not as good looking as Blastoise one. My current choice might've been different otherwise.
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=956853
>>
>>32323546
>fire is cool
I'm pretty sure it's hot, actually
>>
>>32323299
I have a team of all 3 three og starters and 3 other gen 1 pokes when i get the national dex in a new gen of pokemon. fuck sun & moon i want my national dex!
>>
Blastoise looks so badass. It's a living water panzer, what's not to like?
I only wish they made the cannons retractable again.
>>
Blastoise, I never saw the appeal of Charizard.
>>
File: blastoise.png (26KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
blastoise.png
26KB, 200x200px
>>32323592
>I only wish they made the cannons retractable again.

They also made them smaller, which I think was a big mistake.
>>
File: 1385270473785.png (235KB, 584x209px) Image search: [Google]
1385270473785.png
235KB, 584x209px
>>32323609
I know, the proportions of 3D Blastoise are completely fucked.
>>
>>32323622
D-arts Blastoise is probably the best 3D interpretation of him. Wish I'd bought one.
>>
>>32323609
As is the case with a lot of Pokemon, they tried making them more accurate to the official art, but at the same time, to make Mega Blastoise's cannon look even more impressive, they probably kept it a bit smaller. I wish they hadn't, as this is objectively the best detail on Blastoise.
>>
>>32323299
I was, is, and always will be a Blastbro.
>>
>>32323660
>I is a Blastbro
Sounds about right
>>
>>32323675
Yeah, that sentence sounded better in my head.
>>
Blastoise is by far the coolest Water Pokemon. Charizard at least has competition from other draconic Pokemon and Fire types in that department.
>>
>>32323299
statistically, Blastoise comes out on top more times than Charizard if we remove tm moves and EV's/IV's.
Blastoise has the type advantage, the bulk to withstand Charizards attack, and a move to enhance his water attacks.
so even though i like charizard more than Blastoise, the Turtle wins hands down.
>>
>>32323832
No one is talking about who would win in a fight. That is the most retarded way to discuss this.
>>
>>32323832
>if we take everything away that gives charizard an advantage blastoise wins
no shit you fucking retard
>>
>>32323866
He watched a video on YouTube where the 3 starters "fight", and they do calcs without for stock versions of the them without any extras. People parrot that shit all the time.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcUSRT7CFPs
>>
>>32323520
Fuck you pal vinegar is delicious.
>>
>>32323483
First you point out all the great things about Blastoise, then proceed to rank Venusaur, the one you said nothing about, higher than him. Why? Why even mention Venusaur in a post that has nothing to do with it. It kind of devalues what you said about Blastoise.
>>
>Rivals since beginning
>No Blastoise in Pokkén

My pick is Blastoise
>>
Charizard, dunno what else to say and don't feel like reasons.

Blastoise and Venusaur are damn cool, I just like Charizard the best.
>>
>>32324111
I didn't say anything about Venusaur for two reasons. First, I hit the character limit. Had to remove a few points I made about both Blastoise and Zard just to make it under 2000 words. Second, I don't have much to say about Venusaur. Like the other two, I think it is very well designed, every detail meaning something, but I find those details to be boring. I don't think I'm qualified to talk about them. If there is a Venusaurfan bigger than me who can explain those details better, I would love to see them talk about it.

>Why even mention Venusaur in a post that has nothing to do with it.
Because the OP did. I just wanted to express my opinion that I don't think Venusaur is the best of the three. I find it to be the weakest of the three, design-wise.
The reason I ranked it higher than Blastoise was because pretty much the entire board is Venusaurfag. I assumed they would disregard everything I said if I called it the worst of the three, so tried to avoid that.
>>
>>32324346
>the entire board
More like the vocal minority. Venusaurfags are irrelevant tbqh senpai
>>
>>32324121
Try to imagine Blastoise running around in Pokken, jumping even. I can't. Pokken had more /fit/ Pokemon.
>>
>>32325903
I'd imagine Blastoise playing either like Bob or Jack-6.
>>
>>32323866
While I am a Blastbro, saying Blastoise wins every time is kind of...stupid. In a "natural" fight (no unnaturally learned moves, EV or IV training, etc) Yes, Blastoise would usually win, but you also need to factor in EVERYTHING else. For the most accurate assessment, I'll use the most useful builds each mega has as that's they're new standard for battling. So max HP and sp.atk Blastoise, and max attack/special attack and speed for Charizard.

The fight between Blastoise and Charizard could go either way depending on who has what. Mega Blastoise vs Mega Charizard Y for example is usually a squash because of drought+solar beam, but in Mega Blastoise vs Mega Charizard X Blastoise would most likely emerge the victor because of his mega launcher boosted dragon pulse.

I like watching death battle too dude, but you can't put stock in ALL of their outcomes. These are the same people that had Yang beat Tifa, remember?
>>
File: 1709359-squirtle_squad.png (132KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1709359-squirtle_squad.png
132KB, 320x240px
Squirtle line is the best out of the three. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>32325980
You're pitting a frail Fire-type against a defensive Water-type. What results are you expecting, that the Fire-type will overcome the type advantage and win without any special training? There are hardly any Pokemon that can do that.
Remember, types are a thing. Water-type will always win against Fire naturally. That's how the game was designed.
>>
well i'd usually pick the fire starter because there's often hardly any decent fire types i like. it's weird how many good water types there are but they'll only put in a couple of fire mons per region.
>>
>>32323299
Blastoise if we're talking about gen 1 only, Venusaur everywhere else.
>>
>>32326028
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U7QdNiBBcY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64NVde9AljA
>>
>>32326014
Blastoise makes no sense to Wartortle.
>>
>>32326147
>naturally
Those are trained Pokemon. As soon as Trainers are involved, the entire thing changes.
>>
>>32326096
See, I'm to opposite. There are a lot of Fire Pokemon that I like, but I only like a small handful of Water Pokemon. Blastoise is my favorite.
>>
File: 1491611084694.jpg (23KB, 226x218px) Image search: [Google]
1491611084694.jpg
23KB, 226x218px
lmaoing at all these blastoisecucks
when will your tortoise ever be good?
>tfw charizard is still worse than venusaur
>>
>>32323299
Charizard, obviously. Blastoise is the worst of the Kanto starters.
>>
>>32323520
I'm Hugh Honey, and you better stop talkin' shit about my boy Vic
>>
BURASTO
>>
Charizard is forced too much so I pick Blastoise
>>
>>32329749
>I am a contrarian
>>
Venusaur ≥ Blastoise > Charizard
>>
>>32326154
>all the evolutions in the game should just get bigger
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.