[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is terrain worse than weather?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: tapu.jpg (75KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
tapu.jpg
75KB, 500x499px
Is terrain worse than weather?
>>
>>32321845
Yes
>>
>>32321845
As in more cancerous? Absolutely, without a doubt.
>>
>>32321845
I don't have any issues with terrain itself, it's just abilities that auto-set terrain (and weather). It's fair if it takes a turn to set up.
>>
File: wew.png (28KB, 122x105px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
28KB, 122x105px
>Genies
>Tapus
>UBs
GF needs to stop making sublegendaries
>>
File: tapu lele weird.png (92KB, 282x216px) Image search: [Google]
tapu lele weird.png
92KB, 282x216px
>>32321845
Only worse (read busted) in the hands of mons with great stats.

>>32321869
They were aiming for that in Gen 6, but with how much of a failure they were, they give them a buff with the auto-sets that became too much. Probably why they haven't done auto-TR abilities by now.

The thing is, they should give auto-terrain to shittier mons, not the legends. Or, like how they made prevos for the box legends, they could have made prevos for each of the Tapus, where the prevos have in the 400-500 range BST and auto-set terrain while the final form Tapus as we see now all have toned down abilities related to their terrain (e.g. Sap Sipper for Bulu or Dazzling for Lele) or some standard ability like Pressure.

GF can't into balance. If they wanted to slow down the meta as evidenced by the Gen 7 mons attainable before post-game I would've fully welcomed that. But you can't just slap on Tapus and UBs at the end that poke fun at the direction the rest of the Dex is taking. It's self-defeating.
>>
Gen 6
>Introduce new, very good, passive buffing moves
>Give it to some shitmons

Gen 7
>Take said buffing moves, make a couple more that are very strong in addition
>Give them to the legendaries as auto-setting moves
>Also make said legendaries ridiculously powerful compared to most other Pokemon in the franchise

Brilliant
>>
>>32321845
yes because weather setters cant abuse their own weather (with the exception of char-y) as well as the tapus can abuse their own terrain
>>
>>32321845
They're about equal in terms of raw power. Remember gen 2 rain teams? Yeah neither. Only difference in raw power terms is all the terrains are good where there is at least 1 weather that is just shit.

But the pokemon that get the auto setting abilities are not equal at fucking all. There's a good reason kyogre was top of ubers for several gens straight.
On par with giving something like keldeo drizzle, or giving heatran drought. The tapus would have been OU without the abilities since they're still fucking fairy types with good stats, save maybe bulu.
>>
>>32321845
>Does not benefit Airborne pokemon
Not even close
>>
>>32321845
In terms of cancer:
Permanent Weather>Terrain>Primal Weathers>Gen7 Weather>Gen6 regular Weather>Gen2

Although the Tapus are generally better than the original Weather Wars setters as Pokemon, the permanent effect of weather made it 10x worse as teams are built around it. So instead of battling 1 powerful legendary that sometimes give said benefits to their team, you're fighting 6 buffed mons with you potentially being nerfed.
>>
>>32321940
So many of the Gen VII movepools and stat spreads feel unfinished. Decidueye, Incineroar, Silvally, and Kommo-o spring to mind.

I'm just saying it's a little suspicious that Morelull can learn Sunny Day by TM but Shiinotic can't. Or that big bruisers like Golisopod CANT learn Earthquake. Or that Magearna cant learn fucking TOXIC.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.