[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the RotomDex?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: mouse.png (730KB, 1120x628px) Image search: [Google]
mouse.png
730KB, 1120x628px
Thoughts on the RotomDex?
>>
>wastes the entire bottom screen

It's shit
>>
>>32320592
>actually shows a map of where you are in alola, which is somewhat useful

it's decent at best
>>
Amusing banter and pretty cute but functionally it's extremely lacking. The map and wayfinder would be cool if the game world was more open with actual opportunities to go off the beaten path but as it is where SM probably has the fewest opportunities for that in the series already it feels redundant.
>>
>>32320607
It's just more stupid casualization than useful and you know they really only put it there to have the dumb marker telling you constantly where to go. It's 100% worthless post-game and even before then you just have rotom's eyes taking up the rest of the space

Literal downgrade of gen 6 bottom screen
>>
>>32320607
>map only useful outside
>>
>>32320578
>By next region, we'll forget this ever existed.
>Ash will just shove him in his room with the other dexes and Delia will never have a day of peace and quite again because her son stuck her with a Pokemon in a talking body
>>
>>32320578
The perfect comedy relief pokemon since pipplup.

And since he can't fight or evolve, he's was made for the role.
>>
>>32320578
It's good enough.
Functions the same as the only part of ORAS's bottom screen I ever used, so it's good enough for me.
>>
>>32320578
>Good Rotomorning.

It's okay. I just wish there was a button you could tap on it to bring up the menu so it would still be possible to handle everything stylus only. Also it needed a better pool of phrases in post-game, and it would be good it you could cut it off fully instead of it repeating its message over and over until you let it play out.
>>
It's a useless whisper clone
>>
File: IMG_0205.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0205.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
>>32321270
>he didn't use the DexNav
>>
File: 1487527102355.jpg (348KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1487527102355.jpg
348KB, 900x900px
>>32320578
In games, I think it's okay. I like the idea of Pokedex being alive, so props to that. Nothing too special about it that stands out. Overall like it.

In the anime, I hate it with a passion. My first impression was great, simply because it said "Alola" instead of "ARORA". I had higher hopes. It let me down. It tries to be funny by pulling Pikachu's tail and doing "robotic" shit, but it just ends up being annoying. It periodically stops to take pictures, which mean nothing. They're a waste of time. Just used to pad out the episode. It gives explanations on Pokemon, but literally every other Pokedex did that too. It's "updating data" bullshit got old by the third time. It's a Pokedex, but more surprised by seeing Pokemon than a few retarded 10 year olds. I also hate how he cuts people off all the time. Like in the Mimikyu episode, when Lillie was explaining what sort of Pokemon Mimikyu was, he literally cut her off just to provide the same explanation. He did the same when Mallow was explaining a Pokemon in Rowlet episode. For what purpose? Did the writers think people would find it fun when a fucking faggot cuts off cute girls to dump exposition? It was a fucking mistake. The second biggest mistake in SM anime, right after Ash.
>>
>>32320684
It doesn't even work in outside areas like Brooklet Hill, Wela Volcano Park and Vast Poni Canyon.
>>
>>32320667
very helpful for catching pokemons since now the pokemons have specific catching points
yeah, the casual is you
>>
>>32320578
I like it being tortured in the ED of the Sun and Moon anime. That's probably the best redeeming quality the anime has.
>>
>>32322404
I feel like wise, so happy we can agrée on something today.
>>
>>32322404
Its like the serie is trying to be a comedy
really makes you think
>>
>>32322404
calm down sperg
>>
>>32322425
Trying to be funny != actually funny
Half-ass attempts at being funny will only annoy people. Unless they're from a cute character, like Piplup, Oshawott or Rowlet. Rotom isn't cute. Just annoying.
>>
I hope they just make him and wobbufet the joke pokemon and let other pokemon shine and evolve.
>>
>>32322432
ask the kids, they laught about everything
>>
>>32322425
yeah, there's like 5 comedic relief pokemon already according to vp
>>
Rotomdex:

> it's a Pokémon
> it's a Pokèdex

>> it's not in the Rotomdex data. WTF
>>
>>32320578
>watching shitsubs
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.