[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vgc/ VGC general: face of the metagame edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: VGC17 in a nutshell.jpg (37KB, 515x600px) Image search: [Google]
VGC17 in a nutshell.jpg
37KB, 515x600px
I wonder if we can get to 50 replies before dying.

Resources, sets, videos, streamings, tournament results, etc.:
>pastebin.com/48tc9MQp
>>
you won't even get 1 reply lol
>>
Next big event when?

I'm still playing but there's not much to talk about
>>
>>32308679
>Tapu Ohpi
>Dragon/Fairy
>Ability: Sand Surge
>>
>cybertron said 'oy vey' in his newest video

what did he mean by this?

https://youtu.be/wzbcypb3Pmc?t=11m46s
>>
File: 1488579619489.png (96KB, 375x444px) Image search: [Google]
1488579619489.png
96KB, 375x444px
>>32310005
He said oy vey in older videos a few times.
>>
>>32308679
Where is Arcanine?
>>
Any of you fuckin' niggers going to Seattle regionals?
>>
>>32312765
Yes.
>>
How do we make VGC more popular?
>>
>>32313605
Singles desu
Doesn't even have to be 6v6, could be 3v3 to make it faster, but everyone who plays pokemon is used to singles because it's the playstyle they grew up with.
>>
>>32308679
the fuck
that garchomp is showing his penis
>>
/vp/ is dead TOP KEK
>>
>>32313605
Impossible without ridiculous shit like banning the top 20 Pokemon from every month, ending up with either a very limited roster at the end of the season or having rotations between good shit until the best becomes available again. You can't please the diversity fags, which sadly are a huge part of the Pokemon fanbase.

>>32313658
If anything that would kill it more, since singles is way more unbalanced and allows stall, even in 3v3.
>>
>>32313605
Nothing short of the GF devs + TPCi taking a more proactive approach in balancing the game and making the rulesets and patching really obviously overpowered things post launch.

It just happened they hit the jackpot this year on fucking both up. Create legal Pokemon so strong they outclass most things in the full Nat Dex and then add them to a Limited Regional Dex smaller than half the full NatDex full of mostly underpowered stuff and add said powerhouses to it making three quarters of a already small limited dex utterly unviable.

>>32315979
>Impossible without ridiculous shit like banning the top 20 Pokemon from every month
They actually did that a few times with the special ladder in Gen 6 I recall just simply having NatDex but banning the top 30 ranked mons from the previous season. Only real problem with that is you ideally want a annual format to stay consistent with the game releases I guess.
>>
>>32308679
Tapu Garcho
>>
>>32308679
Going to make a turd burglar style team where I just use unviable yet cool looking shit
what to do with my shiny golisopod? It has an Adamant nature/3 egg moves
>>
Shit meta
Shit circuit
Ded game

Wait for VGC18
>>
>>32318659
I don't see what's so bad about it desu

I'm enjoying it a lot more than 14 and 16 (started with the 3DS games, sorry). 15 can't be topped though, at least for now.
>>
>>32308686
>even get 1 reply lol
Paradoxed
>>
>>32319953
this. i've been enjoying '17 the most of any format so far. '15 and '14 were fun too but i don't know why people hate this year other than "muh diversity"
>>
>>32321850
yes
>>
GF has proven again and again that they have no idea what they're doing.

They want this game to have a competitive side, but having a decent competitive game is simply not possible without regular balance updates to address obviously broken stuff and maybe buff unviable options.
>>
>>32322554
There's nothing broken you shitter
>>
>>32322644
You're either retarded or a gamefreak shill. When some pokemon reach 50% usage then there's a huge fucking problem. But keep telling yourself that everything is fine.
>>
>>32322669
>common = broken
no

This is also a restricted dex format so higher concentration of usage on certain Pokemon is always going to happen
>>
>>32322554
>>32322669
Yep, this. If they want to leave single-player alone, that's fine.

But multiplayer needs balance patches.

You know, like every other competitive multiplayer game, ever.
>>
>>32309606
>sand surge
>no ground typing
>>
>>32322669
arcanine may be common but he's not ruining the format, dumbass. have you actually played '17 or are you just looking at the usage stats and making retarded assumptions?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.