[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vgc/ - VGC General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: wak.png (260KB, 555x328px) Image search: [Google]
wak.png
260KB, 555x328px
Pinch Berry Everything Edition
>>
File: IMG_7847.jpg (25KB, 607x376px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7847.jpg
25KB, 607x376px
meanwhile in Argentina
>>
>>32302722
>argentina
>mattering
>>
dead format
dead general
>>
>>32302722
Are there any replays of that?
>>
>>32302780
glad the vgc meme is dying, maybe it will steer retards from using the "play online if you want real postgame:^))))))" excuse when discussing the quality of the games
>>
Previous thread >>32299083
>>
>>32302780
Just in time for paid online
>>
>>32302722
black people cant play pokemon
>>
>>32302292
I saw that shit on fucking stream.
Why the fuck actually run anything OTHER THAN THICK CLUB ON A MAROWAK RREEE
>>
File: VGC 2017 6.jpg (131KB, 1244x686px) Image search: [Google]
VGC 2017 6.jpg
131KB, 1244x686px
>>
>>32302811
It's weird they use that considering the postgame is fine.
>>
>>32302983
Amazing that the most "meta" team is still the same Celesteela/Tapu/Chomp snorefest that was established within the first 2 weeks of the format
>>
>>32302292
> This VCG 2017 is so much different!
> The same team for everyone: Arcanine, Ghyarados, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Porygon-2, Garchomp.
Why the fuck this VGC sucks too like the others?
>>
>>32303012
>"meta"
>both teams have gengar
wat
>>
>>32303016
Metagames with limited number of Pokemon are inherently flawed.

Metagames with little to no balance patches or bans even more so.
>>
>>32303016
>I've never played vgc, but want to complain about it: the post
Two intimidators, two Tapus that have NO SYNERGY WITH EACH OTHER (Fini + Lele, fine. Fini + Koko, fine. Koko + Bulu, fine. Hell, I'd even take Bulu + Lele to a regional before I took fucking Koko + Lele. That shit AIN'T FINE!), and then the trick room master on a team with no trick room abusers and then garchomp because >muh meta

At least learn what you're shitposting about before you shitpost, wouldyaplease
>>
>>32303024
The core of the team didn't change since the inception of the format, that was my point

Also, pointing to Gengar, a Pokemon that's been solid for whopping 7 generations as some revolutionary discovery is funny to say the least
>>
File: salt lake city.png (103KB, 867x399px) Image search: [Google]
salt lake city.png
103KB, 867x399px
>>32303042
He's not too far off. Replace tapu koko with magnezone to use in trick room and you've got yourself 100CP
>>
>>32303070
But that's still not the point.
He was complaining about the limited number of pokemon that place in the top 8, a la the CHALKs of the past.
But just look at that awesome example you just posted.
Of the 64 available pokemon in the top 8, there are a whopping TWENTY-FOUR different species.
His central point was
>The same team for everyone

Yes; one team is similar to his example team.
No; that in no way proves his point.
>>
>>32303063
I don't what hole you're blowing out of, but gengar fucking sucks in this format.

You can't use Premier challenge memes as examples of what the metagame is actually like. Premier challenge bullshit doesn't fucking matter at bigger tournaments. I've won six PCs this year, but only took 52nd at the Portland Regional.

Also you're trying to make the point that steela/tapu/chomp is the best team in this format; and even a casual, cursory glance at top 8s in the last month should show you how wrong you are.
(My quick glance found me six teams (out of forty) in the last five regional top 8 that had that core, and none in the most recent International Championships)
>>
>>32303070
Golduck?
>>
>People actually denying that this year teambuild is not chartered as fuck
I like this format but you people saying this are absolutely deluded. What will you say next? That you didn't need to be prepared for Primals or use them at all in 16?
>>
>>32303278
The retarded and extremely limited Aloladex has a pathetic amount of Swift Swimmers of which Golduck is the best of them all.
>>
>>32303284
>chartered
?
>>
>>32303284
only three pokemon in the format have a greater than 30% overall usage statistic, but sure; go ahead and keep telling yourself whatever you need to, to sleep at night, anon.
>>
>>32303284
2016 had a horrible VGC meta. 2015 tpo. I liked the 2014 one. I don't know why people uses every time the same pokemons. Only because intimidate? Or what else? Why GF doesn't balance the official meta?
I can see right now the next bix-6 of 2018's VGC:
Landorus-T
Tapu koko
Mega Kanga
Thundurus
Heatran
Tapu Lele
>>
>>32303370
you forgot Primal Dialga, anon.
>>
>>32303370
>I don't know why people uses every time the same pokemons.
Because the same Pokemon are good and surprise surprise people use Pokemon that are good when playing competitive because they are playing to win, not to show off the most varied team.

>Why GF doesn't balance the official meta?
It's common knowledge that Gamefreak are incompetent idiots who don't even know their own game.

>Haha I never expected people to use special Aegishlash, it's not like it has 150 spatk and spatk is also does not get decreased by burns and intimidate that are everywhere haha how unexpected I wonder why people use it *laughs*

This is the kind of person who makes your metagame.
>>
>>32303419
>>32303370
>>32303284
>>32303016
>>32303012
>>32302811
Why are all the people who don't know anything about VGC arguing in the VGC thread?
>>
>>32303245
Gengar is ranked B. Sure, that's nowhere near the top, but garbage?
>>
>>32303440
Tell us more about VGC then oh youy VGC master, I'm sure you will make us all shut up with your mastery earned from winning worlds 5 times in a row.
>>
>>32303419
FUCK YOU, ANON. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT Y-
>This is the kind of person who makes your metagame.
ow. that one hurt.
>>
>>32303444
I don't need to be a proctologist to know when someone is speaking out of their ass.
>>
>>32303441
No, I am perfectly willing to admit that Gengar is as good as Vanilluxe, Lilligant, Oranguru, Buzzwole, Braviary, and Aerodactyl.
None of them suck outright, but none of them are- imo, obviously- good enough to cut it with the big dogs.
I don't see any of those listed placing top 8 at worlds this year barring a massive meta shift (unlikely) or if SunBro manages to go 8-1 in swiss (which is pretty much a coinflip),
>>
>>32303464
Come back when you've made it to Worlds instead of playing on Showdown with your bottle of Mountain Dew and bag of Doritos at the side and never making it past 1300 kiddo.
>>
>>32303526
Currently sitting at ~1500 something on showdown, and I've been to four Regionals this circuit + won a handful of PCs + beat gary qian and placed higher than previous worlds champions, so...
>>
>>32303042
Auto-terrain is so stupid, you don't even need synergy.
>>
>>32303577
I don't even get his point about no synergy when people easily used double primals last year. Synergy is not needed when you outclass everything else by sheer brute force.
>>
>>32303577
people said the same thing about the harsh weather
>>32303591
til primals = tapus
THIS EXPLAINS SO MUCH!
also, nice- not responding to me, just referencing me. very classy.
>>
Fuck you guys.
I was trying to keep this thread going cause I felt that more VGC threads couldn't be a bad thing.
But I don't want to rehash the same damn 'muh sameness' arguments ad nauseum.

fuck this. I'm gonna go replay a ten year old jrpg that isn't pokemon.
>>
>>32303670
Just wait for next year. Maybe then we'll have a format that doesn't make threads die not even halfway into the season.
>>
>>32302722
Wait, what?
>>
>current year
>still falling for the "2017 is a bad format" meme

L M A O
M
A
O
>>
>>32303757
>current year
>still falling for the "2017 is a good format" meme

L M A O
M
A
O
>>
>>32302292
>>32302983
>Gastrodon being in tournies

What's my nigga doing there? Does he have some strong niche?
>>
>>32302722
In fairness, the only one of those I've never seen do well in a tournament is Miltank
Usually they're the one gimmick Pokémon in an otherwise relatively standard team, though.
>>
>>32303036
>Metagames with limited number of Pokemon are inherently flawed.
How so?
VGC 2014 had the fewest legal Pokémon of any Gen 6 year, and undeniably had the most variation in Pokémon used.
VGC 2016 had the most legal Pokémon, and is generally considered to have stagnated and become centralised around 6 Pokémon (and later Bronzong popped in) by two months in.

The main problem I have with VGC 2017 is that the Tapus are too strong, which means
a) other fairies become kind of pointless
b) Things weak to fairy (especially fighting) become incredibly risky
c) Things weak to fighting become much safer

So Parental Bond's nerf probably won't stop Kang from being by far the best mega if/when it re-enters VGC
>>
>>32303774
storm drain
>>
>>32303920
>VGC 2014 had the fewest legal Pokémon of any Gen 6 year, and undeniably had the most variation in Pokémon used.

way to yell in a megaphone at the top of your lungs "I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT"

only pachirisu tards honestly believe this, mega mom singlehandedly controlled the metagame until worlds in a way that pretty much no other individual pokemon has ever done in vgc history
>>
>>32303951
I'd rather a Mega Mom than Tapus. At least in 2014 I could make teams that were not:

>Tapu
>Fire (aka Arcanine)
>Ground (aka Garchomp)
>Steel
>TR support (aka Porygon 2)
>Glue Mon

>mega mom singlehandedly controlled the metagame until worlds in a way that pretty much no other individual pokemon has ever done in vgc history
Nice meme. You are the same type of person as pachirisutards, except on the other extreme.
>>
>>32304199
it's not an opinion, it's an objective fact that mega kangaskhan had a complete strangle hold on the metagame. not only did she absolutely dominate tournament results from release day to Nationals, but the fact that it took UNTIL WORLDS for the metagame to develop beyond her shows that she completely controlled it. most metagames of competitive games in general progress as

good strategy --> good strategy counter --> good strategy counter counter --> good strategy counter counter counter

but the fact that it took UNTIL WORLDS to even reach the second stage (good strategy counter) shows how fucked up vgc '14 was. don't pretend that AFK or any other vgc '17 strategy has done the same thing, because this year's tournament results would betray that argument.
>>
>>32302722
They tell me he haxed big time, but I couldn't go so I don't know for sure. Then again, people here are pretty butthurt and will cry about hax for their loses more often than not. Maybe the guy really got gud, who knows.
>>
>>32303370
So, you just took 5 common legends and added mega kang and think that's a good team? I take it you don't get why CHALK and big 6 were good in the first place
>>
>>32303591
Actually there was a point, because Groudon was good against things that were good against Kyogre, and Groudon doesn't really need it's weather to be good. It also was the hardest archetype to play well, because even though it was indeed strong, if you got yourself in a bad position and overwrote the weather you wanted, you are kill.
Lele and Koko don't work so well because even though Koko can beat celesteela which is a great lele counter, it needs the terrain to do so comfortably, but lele also needs its terrain so there's a problem there. And it's not like
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.