[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would UBs have been better if they weren't catchable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: ckAXLQ3.png (11KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
ckAXLQ3.png
11KB, 256x256px
Would UBs have been better if they weren't catchable?
>>
>>32301117
They would have been better if they didn't exist.
>>
>>32301117
No, because everybody would complain

They would have better if they started out with crazy boss-like stats and boosts, and you had to defeat them before you could capture them, at which point they would have their natural stats.

Like literally any boss demon you can create from SMT
>>
File: xurkidance.gif (888KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
xurkidance.gif
888KB, 500x377px
>>32301117
They would've been better if they were only capturable in beast balls. Having every non-beast ball have its catch rate reduced because they can't recognize it as a pokemon is a good start, but if you want to go full ALIENS then make it so they just don't work period.
>>
>>32301117
They'd be better if you actually fucking fought/captured them in the main plot.
The world just got invaded by aliens but instead of dealing with them before saving that bitch Lusamine we gonna save her first and everything is normal for some reason.
>>
>>32301177
>Having every non-beast ball have its catch rate reduced because they can't recognize it as a pokemon is a good start

They didn't even do this. Beast Ball just gets a 5x catch rate multiplier against Ultra Beasts to make it look more effective. You have a 33% chance to catch Pherosoma with a regular Pokeball if thrown on the first turn, as with regular early-route mons.
>>
>>32301237
that's just sad
>>
>>32301177
You should just get like 1 beastball.
>>
>>32301237
I meant reduced to that of a normal pokeball. For example, a first turn quick ball on Kartana will have the same chance of catching it as a pokeball.

Also, the high catch rate is (logically) because there are so fucking many of them to catch. Imagine if you had to catch 4 pheromosa at the catch rate of the other UBs, like 2% for Guzzlord or 3% for Celesteela/Buzzwole, which are definitely legendary catch rates.

heading into theory territory,
they're extremely common bug shitmons in their own dimension, it would make sense their catch rate is so high. Same with why Nihilego's is so high, it's basically Zubat with how many of them there were in just that one cave
>>
>>32301277
Actually, scratch Nihilego. Thought it had a 255 (33%) catch rate for some reason, but it's actually 45 (5.9%)
>>
>>32301237
To be fair, there's 4 of them. I brought 4 synchonise Abra to get a good nature for each. I can't believe someone is actually retarded enough to enjoy getting fucked over by the RNG
>>
>>32301237
I just realized why Pheromosa and Kartana have such obscenely high catch rates
>according to Wicke, Kartana hates moisture, yet it's found on the two raining routes in the whole game
>Pheromosa hates filth and dirt, yet it's found in a cave
They're easier to capture because they're out of their element. They're stuck in places they hate, and you're essentially freeing them from these conditions by capturing them.
>>
>>32301117
Their slogan would be false. Make your own conclusion from that.
>>
>>32301296
>Malie Garden
>rain
no
>>
>>32301318
Yes, actually. It rains in Malie garden.
>>
>>32301318
looks like someone tried to catch a politoed
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.