[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>5 months into Gen VII >still no spin-off games announced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1476745674112.png (129KB, 600x635px) Image search: [Google]
1476745674112.png
129KB, 600x635px
>5 months into Gen VII
>still no spin-off games announced
>>
>no more pokemon ranger
>no pokemon conquest sequel
>probably no more pokemon mystery dungeon
>no original ideas for new spin off games

This might be the first generation with no spin-off games entirely

I'm scared
>>
>>32296313
Hoping for one in the direct tomorrow.
>>
Don't worry, Pokemon Ultra Mystery Dungeon and Pokken Switch are on the way
>>
>>32296416
>>probably no more pokemon mystery dungeon
Anon, don't say such things, you're scaring the children.
Seriously though, there's no indication of them stopping now. They didn't stop after the flop that GtI was, why would they now?
>>
File: 1489989193333.png (548KB, 1072x1128px) Image search: [Google]
1489989193333.png
548KB, 1072x1128px
>tfw all new spin-off games will be mobileshit/f2p games
>>
>>32296416
>no more pokemon ranger
This is the one that hurts me the most
I fucking loved the ranger games
>>
>>32296558
I think they already have plenty with Pokemon Duel, Shuffle and Go, and that magikarp game that they mentioned once, so i highly doubt we're getting any other.
>>
>>32296585
>doesn't remember picross and rumble world
It's been an ever growing trend for the past year or two, I don't expect it to die down soon, especially with ninty itself starting to slightly push for that market now.
>>
This kinda makes me sad, but you've clearly shown that this fandom hates all spinoffs. Why do they even bother? Even though SMD made up for the previous one, it still wasn't that successful. Ranger suffered a similar fate. Pokepark was heavily derided for being a preschooler's game. (well, it kinda is, but it at least had potential) The console simulators don't need to exist because the main series itself is 3D now, and stuff like Colosseum games only got modest success as well. The market was too small.

They didn't kill spinoffs, YOU did. You and your inability to change.
>>
>>32296585
Oh, pardon me, I forgot about the countless apps and arcade titles.
>>
>>32296673
>Pokepark was heavily derided for being a preschooler's game.

The first one was, but the second one significantly cut down on the shitty minigames
>>
>>32296780
I know it did, but carrying the name of the first one didn't help.
>>
>>32296570
I'm surprised we didn't get a console one where you used either the Wiimotes or the gamepad.

Probably not gonna get one for Switch, either, even though it technically has both a touchscreen and motion controls.
>>
>>32296629
i was only mentioning the mobile f2p games that they have on cellphones.
but i did forgot about rumble world
>>
>>32296416
Good, those games sucked ass.
>>
>>32296570
Fellow Rangerfag!! Those games are so underrated. I genuinely had a lot of fun with them. The only one I havent played is Guardian Signs
>>
>>32296931
It's pretty good, but really wonky on how the assists work. Thankfully, you won't have to use them that much since just like Almia, you can S rank most of the pokemon with the charged capture alone, especially the double charge. It's even more forgiving in that there's only 6 pokemon in the whole game that become problematic to get again if you miss the S rank on them. The good news is like in Almia, it is possible to S rank them on their original encounter so that you don't have to worry about them. The bad news about it is there's at least 3 of them that have to be done without the charged capture, so it has to be done using the assists to get enough of a bonus. I never found out how to do this for one of them, but that one is easily remedied since it's the one unlocked by the first of the past missions. To this day, it's the only one of them I do because it's the only way I can S rank that pokemon. (yes, the only way to get another chance to S rank the other pokemon is to play the past missions, and it was so grindy for single player that I said screw it and did it this way)

There's another drawback, too, and that's if someone does not have the extra missions, then you're out of luck on them. It's a shame since it's the only way to fight Arceus other than completing the past missions. (and yes, I have even S ranked the extra mission only pokemon)

I still think it's a great game, and don't really understand why Almia gets all the credit and this one doesn't, but upon replaying Almia, I did see that the assists can be handled better than in Guardian Signs. If I had little problems with it, though, then it's probably worth a look.
>>
>>32296313
I hope they take 3 years before the next batch of games.
>>
File: nx-third-partys.png (630KB, 2097x1388px) Image search: [Google]
nx-third-partys.png
630KB, 2097x1388px
>>32296416
Reminder that Spike Chunsoft is on this list, and that pretty much confirms a new PMD
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.