[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tfw there will never be a full, long running anime about the games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

or the manga. I mean, they had that thing called Pokemon Chronicles back 10 years ago. They could do something similar, and run with the anime
>>
>>32294558
Why, though? The current anime serves the advertising purpose just fine. It is shit, and has almost nothing to do with Pokemon games at this point, but it has the Pokemon name stuck to it and it shows Pokemon. That's enough for advertising. From GF's perceptive, there's zero reason to bother with another anime.

If you really want one, stop just wishing for it, and let GF somehow know that the fans want a new anime. If you can't do that, stop bitching.
>>
>>32294558
Specialfags, there is more than one manga.

Even if it's the most prominent one, it doesn't mean it's the only one.
>>
>there will never be a full, long running anime about the games

It's been running for 20 years

There's nothing to advertise that the current anime doesn't already advertise

Just because it changes some things and isn't a 1:1 adaption doesn't mean it's not an adaptation
>>
>>32294589
But it is shit for advertising. That's like using Dragon Ball Evolution to advertise the Dragon Ball anime and its squeals. Sure, almost nothing is the same, but it's still an adaption, perfect for advertising.
>>
>>32294580
>argues that there's no way that they would come to the conclusion they need another anime, suggests waiting for them to conclude that they need another anime

My diagnosis is that they should pull the plug on you, because there is no way you can function on your own.
>>
>>32294612
Well, if you do think there's any other way they would want to make another anime, do share why. I see no reason, personally. Sure, the fans would be happy, but a lot of fans are happy with the current anime, so why bother with another?
>>
>>32294558
But PokeSpe is cringeworthy fanfiction. The ashime will literally never be that bad no matter how hard it tries.
>>
>>32294604

>It showcases all the new Pokemon you can catch in the new games
>It has the same major characters
>>
>>32294621
Okay, here's the thing: the only people complaining are not Japanese. The Japanese don't care in any matter. The only solution is to allow a studio in another country to make their own pokemon show. Unfortunately, since the Japanese hate everyone, they will not do that.
>>
>>32294647
And? Dragon Ball Evolution also had the same major characters, who also share the same relationships, and showcased a lot about from the manga and anime. It didn't showcase everything, because unlike the Pokemon anime, it only lasted a couple of hours. For the amount of time it had, it showcased more than the Pokemon anime ever did.
>>
>>32294621
because you see... OP is a faggot
>>
>Let's make another show and divide our audience

Genius marketing
>>
>>32294665
And source for you claims? As far as I'm aware, the fanbase is the same everywhere. Pokemon BW seasons was equally disliked everywhere, everyone like XY the same everywhere, everyone had the same reaction to Ash losing, everyone had the same reaction to SM anime. Amidst all that, there were people who hated and still hate the anime in the same numbers everywhere. Can you provide a source confirming your claim that Japan loves the anime, with its hatebase being really small, while the intelligently superior west hates the anime, having only a small fanbase?

>>32294678
>divide
That is another idea I don't understand. People don't have to stop watching one to enjoy the other. If there are people who like the current anime, they won't stop, rather just watch more.
>>
>>32294673

Dragon Ball Evolution isn't even remotely fucking comparable, it was Dragon Ball in name only. It beared absolutely no resemblance to the franchise it was based on.

>Main character traveling around Alola taking trials, catching Pokemon, and getting Z-Crystals
>Lillie is a major character

The general idea is the same.
>>
Some of you are misunderstanding OP. He wants a good anime, one that actually stands its ground as a story and an animated series, besides functioning as a commercial ad shilling the franchise.
>>
>>32294753
This.
>>
>>32294734
By the very same logic, Dragon Ball Evolution also had a kid fighting against a Namekian, while collecting Dragon Balls. All Dragon Ball characters had the similar roles.
The Pokemon anime changes a lot too. The Pokemon aren't even the same, neither are the characters. A lot of the characters aren't even present, like Hau, and the Trails are not the same.

Both make changes, but like how Pokemon is still about collecting and battling, having characters that share the same name and similar concepts, DBE had was about fighting and defending, having characters with the same names and similar concepts.
>>
>>32294753
And the autists in the thread are asking why? Why would anyone care about this? And what's the point in complaining about this here, a place where his wishes mean nothing?
>>
>>32294753

TV shows don't pay for themselves, they rely on merchandise sales to stay afloat

This show OP is talking about wouldn't last long, because it's not going to sell any merchandise that the current anime isn't already selling.

It would just be a waste of TPC's time and money
>>
>>32294753
is not misundertanding if you dont read that in the post
>>
>>32294708
I didn't say they all like the anime, just that the people who should be watching the anime are the only ones that have anything to say about it. Anyone that's older knows they should be watching something else. I would like to know what YOUR source is, though, on the matter that the audience had the same reactions. And were these people indeed outside the target demographic? No, I do not have one, but I know no one that does have input on the matter. Perhaps it is only an assmption, but it is the only conclusion I have for them to continuing to act in the way they do. Otherwise, they are just completely inept and really shouldn't be functioning as a company anymore. I wouldn't argue if that IS the case, but one wonders why they even allow such a thing.
>>
>>32294753
I unironically watch the anime, yet I really only do so just to see how everything is animated and depicted, not because I actually expect a good story and such.

SM's anime is a hot pile of garbage with little redeeming value besides a couple of cute waifus here and there (which every season already has) and a well-done trio of episodes about a wild, nomadic Litten that has to grapple with the looming death of its fatherlike companion Stoutland (a subplot that is now finished). The rest has been boring and half-assed, which is why I never watch with any expectation of anything truly exciting happening.

Basically, it's "fun" to watch what the mons, their moves, the characters, and the locations are drawn/animated and sound like. Anything more than that, and you're just wasting your time.

It'd be cool to have a Pokemon anime with a more dynamic plot, but that would require axing Ash and Pikachu, a step that greedy corporate types will never allow because then they won't be able to sell as many Pikachu and Ash plushies and such.
>>
File: ofetfr9[1].png (86KB, 697x329px) Image search: [Google]
ofetfr9[1].png
86KB, 697x329px
They've tested the waters multiple times (Chronicles, Origins, Generations) and all of them have flopped for one reason or another.

The audience for another anime just isn't there.
>>
Does Pokemon as a franchise have the anime it deserves?

The answer is yes.
>>
File: Metal gear solid 4.png (402KB, 631x519px) Image search: [Google]
Metal gear solid 4.png
402KB, 631x519px
>>32294558
There's a reason Pokemon Generations exist ya know.
>>
>>32294809
No, of course not EVERYONE hates it. My point was the ratio of people who like and dislike the anime is the same everywhere, as far as I'm aware. Logically speaking, there is no reason for it to be any different in Japan. As for my source on the reaction, I can provide you with a few articles I read when Ash lost, or when SM artstyle was revealed, and you can find a lot of Tweets about it if you look in that time period about the Pokemon anime.

I only have one link right now about SM artstyle reaction, but can look if you want me to, though it will be hard as I'm not too good at Japanese. The articles were full of comments about how the Sakuga, artstyle, just died with SM, and people unironically hoping it turned out to be Ash's kid or something, not Ash himself. And I'm not sure how much of that lasted, but I did see an artist I follow retweet someone saying they should just get rid of the ugly Ash already.

I cannot confirm the age group of those people making such comments, but I assume they're at least teenagers, as contrary to popular belief, not too many kids make such comments on the internet. I assume that's especially true in Japan, with Kanji not being easy for kids to read. This is second hand information, as I've only read about it on this board, but apparently anime discussion is met with same disregard on 2ch as it is here.

The one link I have is this: http://okutta.blog.jp/archives/6514402.html
I saw this posted in a thread similar to this a while ago. The comments are full of complaints. If you want, I can look for more, but I honestly don't want to. You can try looking for yourself, it won't be too hard, just time consuming. And I find that to be a hassle. There's no reason to think Japan is different from the rest of the world in this regard, and if you claim it is, I think the burden of proof would be on you.
>>
Simply put, the games don't provide enough to base a whole series off of

There's a reason why the anime and manga have to come up with their own filler material and why Generations was just a mini-series
>>
>>32294964
That's assuming the series runs forever. The games provide more than enough for a 2-cour anime. You can quite easily make a good adventure anime about a kid taking trials/Gyms, encountering evil teams and such without involving any filler or changing the setting to be some bullshit school one.
>>
>>32294995

SM anime barely even has a school setting, they're almost never in the classroom

Most of it is Ash and the gang getting into trouble with wild Pokemon, Team Rocket, and occasionally Team Skull, and Ash taking the island challenge

The "school setting" does nothing except get the cast together in one place
>>
>>32295015
No, it did a lot more. It removed the entire "adventure" part, and made the goal of the main character into something lesser, making the entire season basically just a filler.

>>32295009
You're boring.
>>
>>32295036
>It removed the entire "adventure" part, and made the goal of the main character into something lesser

How is traveling around the Islands and beating the Totem Pokemon and Kahunas any different from traveling around a region beating the Gym Leaders?
>>
>>32295036
>Implying adventures is good
Most people just want Ash to just win a damn league. The only good things to watch is just seeing Ash fight in trials or gyms.
>>
>>32294927
Oh yes, I forgot most places block children from posting, so I guess we have no real way of knowing. For the people making those comments, of course they would. I guess I just underestimate the matter that people outside the demographic will still watch it. The matter that they really shouldn't is still there, though. Being outside the demographic, it is possible they are still being ignored, however I will still say that there is enough of them that they really can't ignore it. I guess they're just flat out inept, then. Then again, I will still agree with others that there is no real profit to be made from it, either. We are still marginal compared to the real demographic. It's as much niche there as it is here.

There IS a proper argument on the matter, however, that other kids' anime has more substance than this. Well, save for random anime like Doraemon, but I'd consider that another genre. I have for long time said you can't be both. Why do they continue to insist that they can? Either you have a plot or you don't, how hard is that? Pokemon is the only one I know to have this problem. If they wanted to just be a random show, I wouldn't argue, but no, they try to do both. IT. CAN'T. BE. DONE! Supposedly, pokemon's popularity itself was to blame, but I've also seen series continue to be fresh across multiple iterations. They not only won't listen to fans, but they don't know what makes other anime so popular, either. All because the kiddies make them more money than anything else would, and they could literally put on a cardboard cut out of a smiley face and it would make no difference to them.
>>
>>32295133
>All because the kiddies make them more money
Basically, Pokemon is Teen Titans Go!.
>>
>>32295088
Because there's no point. There's no stakes. There's no reason. There's no goal. They're just checkpoints, battles everyone KNOWS he'll win. And for most part, even if you claim he's "traveling", he's still in the same place. There's nothing to look forward to in this.

>>32295123
Then no one would watch the anime. You don't have to watch the anime to see him win. You just have to know the results, and only watch the final battle. If people didn't care about the adventure, they wouldn't watch the anime.
>>
>>32295167
Basically, except Teen Titans Go knows it's just a random show and nothing else. You do have a point that it replaced a more action oriented version, though. You just made me think about what if the two were combined and I destroyed myself. That is what pokemon is.
>>
>>32295202
I'd make the case that TTGo is more enjoyable, if only because of the various references to the larger DCU in it.
>>
I don't want an anime based on the games, I want a slice of life anime like Aria with all original characters branching out and finding their own way in the Pokemon world.

One main character could be a battler who wants to become a type master and beat the league, while another could love contests and want to famous, and another could be a breeder that simply loves Pokemon. The anime would expand upon these paths in a way not possible in the games.
>>
>>32295133
>The matter that they really shouldn't is still there, though.
I will disagree on this. It's not just kids who like anime. The majority of Pokemon fanbase does. And currently, we only have one anime. That means the fanbase has no choice but to watch that one anime if they want anything. So I will disagree on your stance that it's the fault of the fans for watching the anime.

The main problem is the fact that Pokemon anime is aimed at children. That's wrong. Pokemon fanbase isn't full of children. The majority of it isn't children. At least not physically. It shouldn't be aimed at children. The Pokemon fanbase isn't just children, and children aren't the ones buying the merch to let the anime live. Children have almost nothing to do with anything, yet the anime insists on targeting them. That is just wrong. Sadly, though, Pokemon's mascot, Pikachu comes from that children's anime, and if they want to keep that mascot alive, they have to keep that anime alive.

If only there was some way to let GF know just how many fans want a new anime. They've been at least trying with animated trailers, Origins and Generations lately. Maybe one day, they'll make a proper anime.
>>
The Manga is garbage fanfiction with garbage fanfic characters. Certainly wouldn't want an adaptation of that.
>>
Since people just watch the anime to see the Pokemon animated, and the creators obviously want something that runs forever without story arcs to worry about finishing, they should just retire Ash already and make a Pokemon-focused slice-of-life anime set in the Mystery Dungeon world.
>>
>>32295224
So basically exactly what we have? The "finding your own way" shit can be done with anything. Any generic fantasy anime can provide that. It being set in Pokemon world adds nothing to it except for putting some Pokemon in the background. That's it. The rest of what you described is exactly ashnime.
>>
>>32295181
I'll admit that the Pokemon anime is a good time-waster since most of its episodes are just "Pokemon of the Day" or some boring, short competition like that fly race. But, they recycle the "group getting lose" or "helping a random person" plots which are just boring and predictable like Ash defeating gym leaders. Plus, he pretty much deserve a break right now after his ass got BURASTO BAAN'D in the last league.

>>32295232
>Maybe one day, they'll make a proper anime
That may would have happened if they've just kill Ash off years ago. Alan and Korrina were the only good things in the XY/XYZ besides Team Flare.
>>
>>32294558
Chronicles is tainted for being on that universe though.

>>32294580
>why, though?
Because from the fan side of things you want quality. The conmercial side of things is only relevant on the creator's side. This is obvious to anyone that isnt in the pokemon fanbase.

>>32294589
Do you work at gf anon?
>>
>>32295246
More garbage than the anime?
>>
>>32294770
The setting is ideal for good stories. It not being used enough is a different matter but when your fanbase hates any attempt you make l, there's no reason to make a good story either.

>>32294918
Pokemon doesnt deserve the worst product of the entertinment industry. The fanbase, however, does, which is why are being too spoiled with the gsmes, tcg, manga and the like.
>>
File: Lucario Mystery Dungeon.png (73KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lucario Mystery Dungeon.png
73KB, 480x480px
>>32295261

Yes, let's have an anime about the adventures of the legendary explorer Lucario
>>
>>32295232
That is why I wish there was a more modern analysis of the people who play pokemon, and not one that was run in the 5th gen. I honestly don't know, and like I said, there is no way for us TO know. I'm not even sure if I should trust the demographics they have, since they're purely based on Global Link data. Guess what, I never used Global Link for SM, and I don't plan to ever! I never had to use it for XY and OR/AS, either, but I wanted to show screenshots. It's totally not worth the effort.

That being said, I know that the trend was showing a gradual change in the age groups playing pokemon, showing one large bubble for kids and another for teens and adults that has been rising. That could still be, but I have no way of knowing. My only other source is somewhat biased.

My own nephews and niece do know pokemon and have seen it's anime. The only thing I have to report is indifference. They grew up on apps, I don't think they even know what a 3DS is, much less if they're interested in anything on it. They WERE, however, really into Pokemon Go for a while. They are 11, 9, and 7 by now, or close to it. Prime specimens, and I don't know if they even WANT to play the actual series, and I've haven't seen them watch the anime since the one time I know they saw it. It's pretty damning, but still kinda inconclusive without a wider sample.

Either it will become evident to them, or they will continue to live in their safe bubble. The only way we will see results if they are forced to recognize the matter.
>>
>>32295306
>The setting is ideal for good stories.

It would be if the Pokemon were the main characters and not the humans

It's hard to have humans in a fantasy world without the other races being more interesting than them
>>
>>32295379
HUMANS ARE THE BEST THING IN THE EXISTENCE OF ANYTHING AND IF YOU DON'T THINK SO, THEN YOU NEED A LOBOTOMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>32295360
>haven't seen them watch the anime since the one time I know they saw it.
Have you show them videos of the anime on the Pokemon Official website?
>>
>>32295379
Also, that's not true, there's two ways: the humans can have the same abilities, or you have the Badass Normal that is smart enough to wreck shit even if it can throw lightning bolts.
>>
>>32295261
>>32295379
I really don't understand this. Explain how would a Pokemon only anime would be better. If the Pokemon can't talk, it's shit. If they CAN talk, and you just show their lives like in the Mystery Dungeon series, then there's no point. They're basically human at that point. The best thing about Pokemon is human-Pokemon relationship and how they come together to fight. That's not even that unique, but it's still the most interesting thing.

If you just show Pokemon, all you're doing is making an anime with superpowers, where everyone looks like animals. A simple Disney cartoon. Lion King or Mickey Mouse with Superpowers. Nothing more.
>>
>>32295283
The post was only looking at it from GF's point of view, though. Why would they make another anime if the current one fulfilling their needs. If the fans want a new anime, let GF know. Like everyone did with Hoenn remakes. Everyone constantly spammed their Twitter, asked about it any chance they got, did things to let GF know what they wanted. The way things are, no one is doing the same about Pokemon anime. Sure, a lot of fans want it, but no one is asking for it.
>>
>>32295426
>human-Pokemon relationship

Ummm....what exactly do humans learn from this exactly? They just have pokemon do everything FOR them. That's not character development, that's becoming a vegetable.
>>
>>32295426
>They're basically human at that point

Pokemon basically are already humans that can't talk.

Pokemon (at least the ones belonging to main characters) haven't acted like animals since Gen 1, they're all sapient and have human-like personalities.
>>
>>32295476
And? Humans support Pokemon, getting them food, a place to live and show them many strong opponents and places they otherwise wouldn't. Pokemon in turn lend human their power, fighting for them. That is a relationship, a mutually beneficially one.

>>32295489
I assume you're talking about the manga or the anime? Because Pokemon have been nothing like humans in the games.
>>
>>32295498
>I will give you everything you want in exchange for eternal service to me
>>
>>32295379
As seen in pokespe, you can do with the humans. Digimon also does this.
Whether the pokemon or humans are the characters is irrelevant.

>>32295458
OPs wasnt using gfs point of view and neither should anyone who doesnt work at gf.
>>
>>32295549
If you're going to ask or even wish for anything related to Pokemon, you have to consider it from GF's perspective. Unless all you want to do is wish and daydream, and don't actually want an anime. In that case, no need to consider anything.
>>
>>32294558
The manga is overrated.
>>
>>32295565
Do you know what a wish is? Because it doesnt even have to be something that realistically could happen. It helps in the actually achieving it part but its not necesary in order for the wish being a wish.

I do agree they should have the need to do it which is why more people should show support for the alternative anime and the main one should be ignored but the fanbase is way too deep in battered wife syndrome at this point.
>>
>>32295576
It really isnt. It can't be.
>>
File: oftenanorphan20.jpg (230KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
oftenanorphan20.jpg
230KB, 640x480px
>>32295612
>battered wife syndrome
Nice...
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.