[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm surprised they never made Water weak to Poison. I thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5784.jpg (498KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5784.jpg
498KB, 2048x1152px
I'm surprised they never made Water weak to Poison. I thought that would fit pretty well because of how water gets contaminated by waste and shit.
>>
>>32294400
Notv even a bad idea, water has only 2 weaknesses anyway
>>
>>32294405
Yeah and poison is a crappy type already and this'll really help it out.
>>
>>32294400
People have been saying that for years, but Masuda would never allow Water to be nerfed
>>
I'm in.
Let's buff Gengar.
>>
>>32294400
Water dilutes toxic material, doesn't it?
Not arguing against a Water nerf or a Poison buff btw
If anything, Water should be weak to Ice.
>>
>ice doesn't freeze water
>water doesn't rust steel
>>
>>32294493
Water dilutes ice too.
>>
>>32294516
To be fair, water would logically be SE against everything bar Electric, Dark, Fairy, and Dragon.
>>
>>32294452
Would it really be a problem? Gengar has always been good, but never broken (if you ignore the mega). It's not even OU at the moment.

Poison as a whole could use some help and water could use some toning down. The introduction of the fairy type already did help poison quite a bit though. Bug and Ice probably need the help more.
>>
>>32294516
That depends on temperature and amount right?

If you throw a little ice cube into the sea it will obviously melt, but if you cool a body of water down it will be turned into ice. In cold regions entire lakes freeze in winter.
>>
>>32294516
Ice is supereffective against water.
Scald is supereffective against ice.
>>
>>32294400
Aren't most poison types venomous animals? It's less "why isn't water weak to pollution" and "why aren't fish weak to bee stings"
>>
>>32294400
whats even funnier is that in one of suicune's pokedex entries it says that it cleans contaminated water
>>
>>32294400
>>32294504

Thank you. Been saying this forever. I agree with these.

But while we are at it, any other type weakness that bothered you guys? For me its:

Flying not being strong against water
>birds eat fish. Birds fly above water. Fish cant reach bird.

Fighting somehow being strong against steel. I get the karate masters break wood and bricks with their bare hands meme but never have i heard the same for steel. Like ever.

Ground being SE against poison types
>isnt pollution and garbage bad for the earth? Sure you could say water dilutes poison but whats the logic with ground??

Fire not being super effective against poison
>we burn garbage in incinerators
>fire causes fumes to ignite or explode
>waste chemical fumes highly flamable

Just some that always bugged me. Agree with everyone who says poison could use a buff.
>>
>>32294400
Because water is Masuda's favourite type, that's why it gets broken shit like Scald and is immune to nerfs despite being one of the strongest types.
>>
>>32294691
Some are def venomous animals, like dual types, say beedrill. But whats the logic then for the pure poisons like weezing or Muk. Plus their moves arent just poison fang or poison sting. They have moves like toxic and sludge bomb. So its easy to say poison type covers venomous animals AND waste/garbage mons.

On top of that, fish are still venerable to other venomous fish stings and bites, like cone snails. Sure, a bee sting isnt killing a fish. But thats kind of cherrypicking an extreme case. There are poisons and poisonous animals that kill fish. So the idea is pretty valid imo.
>>
They will never nerf Water. If anything, the Water type will probably get buffed in gen 8.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.