[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well /vp/? http://www.strawpoll.me/12712735

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3447.png (157KB, 709x1016px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3447.png
157KB, 709x1016px
Well /vp/?

http://www.strawpoll.me/12712735
>>
well only females can suck blood
>>
>>32289102
>jimbo two genders calling buzzwole female
This kills the meme.
>>
>>32289081
I don't care about the real life base of it, it's too manly for me to see it as female. Also this is Pokemon and they don't follow the real world inspiration 100%. Male Mawile comes to mind.
>>
>>32289081
That's the stupidest most stupid thing I've readed today

>>32289102
Your TV Show was cancelled 10 years ago and you are still a thing? Go to the Show's Cemetery where you belong with Invader Zim, CatDog, The Xs, Scratchcats, Real Monsters, Fanboy and Chum-Chum, etc. AND NEVER RETURN AGAIN.
>>
>>32289136
Invader ZIM is being revived actually. A new trailer came out recently.
>>
Both males and females exist.
>>
>>32289102
>2 genders Jimbo telling us about differentiation between mosquito genders
this is all kinds of wrong
>>
that's not Jimbo
>>
>>32289143
THIS
>>
>>32289129
I'm like you, but from the other perspective. I can't help but see it was a female mosquito in a suit. The mosquito aspect of the design comes before the masculine body frame in my mind.
>>
>>32289190
It doesn't help that Machamp and Incineroar can be female too.
>>
>>32289164
DOES
>>
File: buzzwole wp.jpg (661KB, 850x1272px) Image search: [Google]
buzzwole wp.jpg
661KB, 850x1272px
>>32289190
The thing is rather that it has no feminine traits. At all. That's why I can't see it as one, because everything about it is macho and manly.
>>
>>32289118
>>32289136
>>32289151
Not the real Jimbo retards.
>>
>>32289081
Eh, it always is a dude in lewd art so I guess it's a dude, idk.

Is this what you people are so busy spending time arguing about? Who gives a fuck
>>
>>32289223
It has all of the feminine traits of a mosquito. Namely the type of proboscis, antennae, and bloodsucking tendencies.

I think it's pretty cool that the definitely masculine body type constrasts that. Makes it feel more weird and alien. I just can't help but see it as a female though, because of the mosquito biology.
>>
File: hyena.jpg (75KB, 700x862px) Image search: [Google]
hyena.jpg
75KB, 700x862px
>>32289223
Neither do female hyenas. They even have bigger dicks than the males.
>>
>>32289285
wait what

What are these and are there more
>>
>>32289253
No you don't seem to get what I mean.
The character itself doesn't have anything feminine about it. I'm not talking about the biologically feminine aspects that are as such due to mosquito sexual differences, I mean that they go out of their way to emphasize that it's a macho manly character in the vein of so many insect based Japanese superheroes and bodybuilders in general. It exhibits no feminine behaviour or traits that would be obviously seen as stereotypically female in nature. That's what I mean. Also the proboscis has nothing to do with being a female mosquito if you're going for the mosquito biology features, the parts that do indicate it are only the lack of hair on the antennae and the "energy" from animals that it eats. Male mosquitoes do have a proboscis as well, they use it to drink stuff like the nectar where Buzzwole is found.
>>32289285
And this is a bug with stereotypically masculine human body features, so that makes no sense in relation to this, as I am basing it on my own perceptions and opinions rather than presenting it as an objective fact.
>>
>>32289295
Look up Humon. Artist who did that, plus a once-neat webcomic called Scandinavia and the World.
>>
>>32289305
Wouldn't that make it so the only appearance based female part of Buzzwole is the antennae though?
>>
File: ants_by_humon-d5ipjaq.jpg (290KB, 700x986px) Image search: [Google]
ants_by_humon-d5ipjaq.jpg
290KB, 700x986px
>>32289285
>>32289309
oh shit
>>
>>32289285
Dude I hate hyenas in real life.
I would go into my hyena rant but this isn't /an/ so I'll refrain, but fuck I hate hyenas, and it isn't because of their reproductive traits.
>>
>>32289285
>>32289329
These would be pretty cool if it wasn't accompanied by generic color-coded humans. I swear, nobody can draw cartoon animals well anymore.
>>
>>32289348
Part of the point, to emphasize how weird they are by our standards.
>>
File: d726b208cef8c48ccf513df8dc231ad4.jpg (750KB, 564x9098px) Image search: [Google]
d726b208cef8c48ccf513df8dc231ad4.jpg
750KB, 564x9098px
>>32289285
>>32289329
OH SHIT
>>
>>32289323
Yeah pretty much.
>>
>>32289305
It's fine. I know exactly what you're saying. It's plain as day that Buzzwole's appearance and mannerisms are very reminiscent of show-offy male bodybuilders. It's got nothing to do with Japan, though, because James Turner designed it.

I should have elaborated about the proboscis. Male probosci are fluffier and hairier, like their antennae. Buzzwole has a smooth sucker and smooth antennae. And one more thing I'd like to point out: the fact that it is found in a flower patch isn't exactly indicative of its gender. Both males and females drink nectar, but it's only females that are capable of drinking blood. They drink blood and they do it for the proteins, which I find interesting as it could translate to Buzzwole'a big gains.
>>
>>32289357
I see that, but it honestly would have been more impactful to me if they didn't try and relate it to human characters. It feels like they took a copout route to make it seem more relatable to humans rather than using interesting imagery or examples of it.
>>
>>32289323
And the type of proboscis. Its whole deal is that it's tough enough to stab things. They even made a point of saying that it's harder than diamonds in the prerelease material. Male skeeter'a aren't exactly adapted for that; they can only use their fluffy, soft, hairy mouths to drink sugar from flowers.
>>
>>32289371
>>32289383
It is admittedly stronger in mouth shape. And I know who designed it, it just does show the same traits as heroes like the Beetle Brothers and Kamen Rider, one of which was popular in north america, so it isn't too farfetched, and Guzzlord, his other design, shows a great deal of traditional kaiju traits, so yes, I do believe it has Japanese influence.
The violent and aggressive nature described of it also don't befit the male mosquito (actually subscribing more to the female mosquito's cartoon depiction as a horrid flesh draining swarm) but again, since this is just my opinion, it seems wrong to see it as female. It just is the antithesis of stereotypical cartoon females and it only has a biological basis for two features (the antennae and the proboscis) in a series that commonly ignores this in deciding a species gender. The stabbing things to eat, the male muscle structure and body type, the small head that indicates a more brawn over brain deposition, the actions it takes and is described as. All just scream male to me, and the only time I ever even considered it being possibly female is on here. Don't want to be that
>hurr I only use male Pokemon
guy, but it honestly dampens my enthusiasm for the design and makes me like it a little less thinking it's female. This is also the only design like this for me, I use a shiny pink male Ribombee on my team and have no problems with it, and used a french female machamp I got on the GTS during BW2 for years, even the male primarina I tried out in online play. The only design that has ever had this issue for me is Buzzwole. We'll have to see if it is shown with a boy or girl voice in the anime or a radio broadcast for definitive proof I guess.
>>
>>32289081
It's whatever you think it is. Buzzwole is gender unknown and is a Pokemon.
Pokemon don't have to follow real life.
>>
>>32289469
I'm not trying to dampen or alter your view of it. Sorry if I worded it that way. I'm just trying to explain why the inner animal enthusiast in me (and in other anons here) would view it as a female creature biologically. At the end of the day it's a "gender unknown" monster with masculine human traits (body type, personality, Jap hero basis) and feminine insect traits (bloodsucker, hairless antennae, sturdy hairless proboscis). Just see it as whatever you want, man. Pokemon kinda has shown that it goes against both on multiple occasions, with outwardly masculine mons capable of being female (Machamp and Incineroar), and non-humanoid mons with feminine traits for their respective bases having the possibility to be male (looking at you, Lanturn).

Should have factored in that James Turner is probably a huge weeb- I forgot he designed Golurk. I doubt any official material would really put an end to the whole debacle, though. In the anime it'll probably just have a nondescript alien or kaiju sound for its voice like they do for all non-speaking legends nowadays.
>>
>>32289552
Ah, that's fine anon, I can't bring myself to see it any other way. I respect your opinion as someone who is enthused about the potential fantasy biology link between it and real life biology, rather than the same people on here who just parrot "x character is y! Y!" about designs.
What I meant about the anime was rather stuff like how some sublegend groups have been given official personalities like the Musketeers or some legendaries also have been shown with a different personality (e.g. male and female Mewtwo, Keldeo, the mom Lugia and the young male lugia). Of course you're probably right, it'll end up like the roars of the primals and such, but eh, it would be interesting.
>>
>>32289649
I honestly can't wait to see the UBs animated. They're some of my favorite designs this gen, and I'm sure that the anime will deliver. They already have enough personality, just looking over those concept notes.
>>
>>32289703
Aye, same, and they're also some of my favorites along with the two waterbugs.
Particularly the wigglyness of Xurkitree is something I'm hoping for, and to see more than just expressions for Celesteela. They're already a treat to see in game (like Guzzlord's idle animation being picking its teeth) and the anime versions will probably be just as great.
>>
>>32289745
Celesteela is what I'm looking forward to the most. The sheet for it was so dull and lacking compared to the rest.
>>
File: vp bait.png (124KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
vp bait.png
124KB, 2000x2000px
>>32289102
>Jimmy Neutron !O3C6ETXJYs
>>
File: CelesteelaCA.jpg (453KB, 900x1280px) Image search: [Google]
CelesteelaCA.jpg
453KB, 900x1280px
>>32289799
Yeah, I hate when they outline so much for a ton of characters in concept art but then skimp on one. Same thing happened to Wicke in the character concept arts, the rest got detailed annotations and descriptive points but she got a basic art sheet with none of that.
I want to see it burn down a forest.
>>
>>32289830
I want to see what it looks like underneath. I've been meaning to draw it taking off, but I have no idea what the underside of it looks like. I assume similar to its arms, but I just want to be accurate.
>>
>>32289839
This place https://www.models-resource.com/3ds/pokemonsunmoon/ has been ripping the models but it updates rather slow and only Kartana is ripped so far though.

As far as I have seen, it is usually depicted with a black space underneath, like Peach's dress.
>>
>>32289899
Thanks, man. I'll keep this place in mind! In the meantime I'll probably just draw other mons.
>>
>>32289916
Hopefully it'll get a rip soon, apparently the arms make the model difficult to rip.
>>
>>32289916
AHAHAHAHA
I did it!

Under the "dress" is actually a black void, as I suspected. The little root "boosters" in the middle connect to small gray circles though.
>>
>>32290214
Wow, really? Got any pics?
>>
>>32290217
I'm trying to take a screenshot but my windows key is busted, one sec. Zooming in, they aren't gray circles, the boosters just fade abruptly.
>>
>>32290234
If you can't get it, I'll take your word for it. There's probably a reason Celesteela never moves from its position.
>>
>>32290256
If you dl Ohana3DS and the textures+models from here you can see it for yourself, these are direct game rips.
http://theadorableoshawott.deviantart.com/journal/Pokemon-Sun-and-Moon-3D-models-read-please-646428231?offset=300#comments
>>
>>32290274
Thanks! This should give me some good references on mons.
>>
>>32290300
yw
post drawings in the drawthread some day I want to see it
or link to your page?
>>
>>32290376
Probably at some point. I haven't shared much in there because I want to git gud before I really start handling requests. Thanks, though.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.