[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people think the baracat is gonna be the shillmon? If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (562KB, 1366x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
562KB, 1366x1500px
Why do people think the baracat is gonna be the shillmon? If anything, it's gonna be the next Emboar. It gets somewhat hyped up before Gamefreak and TPC realize how hated this thing is and give up on it. Both even had the tragic backstory in the anime too.
>>
shut up abrafag
>>
>>32288632
only owlfags think that way
>>
>>32288632
>before Gamefreak and TPC realize how hated this thing is

Do they really have those kind of thoughts? Because it really doesn't feel like it
>>
I was kind of funny how they seemed to think Emboar would be the most traditionally cool starter of the three and keep up the Fire/Fighting popularity (Tepig was the only one of Ash's Unova starters to evolve, Nate has one in the anime trailer, most of the manga adaptation protags had one), only to be completely wrong in not only is it the least popular Unova starter, it's one of the least popular starters period, and it made everyone completely sick of Fire/Fighting-types.

I doubt something on the same scale could happen to Incineroar. It already feels more liked than I remember Emboar being at the time.
>>
>>32288632
>It gets somewhat hyped up before Gamefreak and TPC realize how hated this thing is and give up on it

That had nothing to do with it, Bianca already had Emboar, and they were planning to bring back Charizard for the filler arc.

Having two Emboar on the cast would be redundant, as would having both Charizard and Emboar on the same team.
>>
People were hyping up Emboar?
>>
>>32288767
Heck no. 3rd fire/fighting pissed people off since most were hoping for a fire/dark pig on all fours if im not mis remembering.
>>
>>32288767
>>32288783
Learn how to read
>>
>realize how hated this thing is
Hated by whom? Certainly not actual children and normies. You're not the center of the world.
>>
>>32288807
>Certainly not actual children and normies
Do you realise there are no adult pokémon ''normie'' fan, right.
>>
File: 915[1].png (3MB, 1211x8713px) Image search: [Google]
915[1].png
3MB, 1211x8713px
If that "election" is anything to go by, Pignite is by far the least popular member of its line, at #499 with Tepig scoring #160 and Emboar scoring #193, out of 720 Pokemon.

So in Japan at least, it would appear that Emboar is not as unpopular as you might think.
>>
Litten's episodes have been among the best and well received episodes in SM so far, with 21 being argubaly the best, not to mention they got one of the best writers working on it's character development, so there's not reason to just stop.
>>
>>32288632

>Both even had the tragic backstory in the anime too.

You realize Charmandar and Chimchar had sad backstories too, right?
>>
>>32288848

>pokemon go players and genwunners
>not normies
>>
>>32288870
Exactly, and the fact that Tepig was the only tragic fire starter that never got to fully evolve shows that they gave up on it.
>>
>>32288854

How did Archeops get that high up?
>>
>>32288877
>Pokémon Go players
No pokémon fan
>Genwunners
Do you mean the nostalgic player or just random grampas?
The latter aren't fan as they don't play while the former aren't normies, indeed most of people here just love the gen they started with, may it be the first, may it be the 4th.
>>
>>32288854
>Prinplup is the least popular starter form
Where are penguinfags now?
>>
>>32288854
That still puts Emboar as the 3rd lowest ranking fully evolved starter, only beating out Meganium and Chesnaught. Any starter is going to beat out random shitmons, but Emboar is pretty unpopular for a starter.

>>32288893
Archeops is the first Pokemon in the Japanese equivalent of alphabetical order, which is how the poll answers were ordered. It's likely a lot of people just quickly chose it to take part in the poll since iirc there was some gift for doing it.
>>
>>32288854
>Magnemite number 24
Coil loop really boosted its popularity.
>>
>>32288942
Oh yeah, I was wondering what sort of meme magic got Magnemite so high up. Guess that answers that question.

Fuck, I miss Gen V Wi-Fi.
>>
Nah, it's a shill mon.

It's a cat and tiger line. No matter what, that alone will garner it attention. It's fire, too, which will always give it a factor in its favor as well more often than not.

>muh proportions
Being fixed. Its 3D model and initial main portrait was shit and yet the babby wrists and/or legs are already thicker in TCG art, the plush, and M20's trailer. Same for its torso becoming less super-wide like in some earlier TCG art.

Otherwise, Litten got a major buildup and its episode being caught was basically SM's best so far and garnered actual attention, there's the whole fact that Incineroar actually appeared in a movie trailer acting all dangerous and thus cool by pokemon standards, and the concept art shows Ash with Incineroar versus any other concepts pieces, no matter how much cat haters screech about it. Then it turned out to be Masuda's starter of choice when asked which he would pick.

Throw in the vocal fans it does have despite haters' screeching, and both anime and M20 making people take a second look at it, and it'll inevitably garner more and more popularity.
>>
GIVE ME YOUR TEARS COMEDY RELIEF OWL FANS
I NEED THEM
>>
>>32289026

Sorry, can't Fake Tears.
>>
File: IMG_4608.png (278KB, 400x479px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4608.png
278KB, 400x479px
>>32288720
>redundant to have two fire types on same team
>as three flying types in proceeding series
>>
ITT: actual children alledgedly hate cats, fire and wrestling.
>>
>>32288632
>tfw you've jacked off to this person's art
>>
>>32289273

Talonflame, Hawlucha, and Noivern all fight very differently from each other.

Charizard and Emboar are both big brawlers, but Charizard can fly.
>>
>>32288646
>Owlfags think that way

Literally, what? I think you barafags get it a little mixed up.

That only person who actually thinks that is that one comedy relief fag, who keeps on spamming his headcanon.
>>
>>32289009
Only /vp/ throws a shitfit about cartoon proportions on the cartoon tiger though. Casual fans are only upset about it being bipedal, and looking like a fighting type.
>>
>>32289690
kys
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.