[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's the best villain and why is it Giovanni?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11

File: 6.jpg (107KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
107KB, 1920x1080px
Who's the best villain and why is it Giovanni?
>>
>i lost to a kid let me disband my work of a life
"no"
>>
>>32288147
None of the villains in Pokemon are good. The only one approaching that is Ghetsis and he's so cliche he should be in a shit-tier rank of his own.
>>
>>32288147
>Got eaten by Kyogre
>Got trapped in the distortion world
>Fused with a jellyfish
>Got beaten by some kid so he just gave up and left
>>
File: giovannifacepalm.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
giovannifacepalm.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>32288147

Giovanni isn't that great.

Games - >>32288202

Anime - outside of a few arcs in the series, he's never been relevant or important, he just exists for Team Rocket to fantasize over pleasing or yelling at them for their incompetency.

shame, he could be great but he either just gives up or has no real focus.
>>
>>32288147
Why are you fighting kids in pokemon battles nigga lmao just kill the kid with your pokemon or just snap his neck hahaha
>>
>>32288263
>just kill the kid with your Pokemon
>when the kid has similarly powerful Pokemon
nice
>>
File: Masked Man.png (46KB, 300x262px) Image search: [Google]
Masked Man.png
46KB, 300x262px
Ahem.
>>
>>32288147
It really depends. Giovanni was the least bullshit one, and in story, he was also the most threatening one, but he came off as just a random guy you beat a whole bunch of times. There was nothing special about him. He was boring.

We don't talk about Archer.

Archie was retarded and a joke. He made no sense, yet found a group of idiots to follow him, which also makes no sense. And there was nothing threatening about him, so he fails as a villain. He was just another retard.
Maxie made sense, but that's it. There was nothing special about him either, nor was he any threatening.

Cyrus gave off a dark and refined aura. He tried to be mysterious, but it was clear from the start who he was and what he wanted. He was also retarded. Still the most threatening a villain has been so far, if only thanks to the things he summons and his plans.

N was also retarded, even more so than Archie, and he was not threatening at all. A total joke, for most part.
Ghetsis was better. The fact that you don't fight him until the end gave him a sense of superiority. His plans were also a complete joke, but his presence was threatening, if only for the wrong reasons.

Colress was okay. Interesting, not at all threatening and not a good villain for that reason.
BW2 Ghetsis isn't present for most of the story, but when he is, he is threatening, and now not retarded. Best yet, in my opinon.

Lysandre made sense, and looked great and threatening, but his execution was shit and he didn't come off nearly as threatening as Ghetsis. Wasted character.

Guzma was a joke. Shit villain.
Lusamine is a great character, and threatening when needed to be, so great in that department. Dark and detestable too, without being unreasonable. Lacked a proper connection to the protagonist, so you didn't much reason to fight her unless you were invested in the story/characters.

Personally, I'd say BW2 Ghetsis > Lusamine > BW Ghetsis > Lysandre > Cyrus > Giovanni > Maxie > N > Archie > Guzma > Archer.
>>
>>32288534
>Lacked a proper connection to the protagonist

How is being the protagonist's mother not a "proper connection"?
>>
>>32288534
>and in story, he was also the most threatening one
How the fuck is he the most threatening one when you have Maxie/Archie/Cyrus fucking destroying the world?
>>
>>32288489
If I pull that off would he die?
>>
>>32288592
My bad. I guess I should say the player. The protagonist definitely had more than enough reason to go bring her back. The player might not care about that. Requires investment in the story.

>>32288600
Because Maxie/Archie meant no harm to you. Overall, their plans would bring a lot more destruction, but they didn't care about you. Giovanni did. Given the chance, he would kill you. Anytime. He is morally corrupt and he realizes this, while others try to justify their morals and act like they're the normal people. Ghetsis is definitely in the same category though, so he shares Giovanni's position as being the most threatening in the story.
>>
File: Dusknoir.full.1332697.jpg (185KB, 680x580px) Image search: [Google]
Dusknoir.full.1332697.jpg
185KB, 680x580px
Best villain right here
>>
File: 5-8TXakA1.jpg (194KB, 1424x1081px) Image search: [Google]
5-8TXakA1.jpg
194KB, 1424x1081px
Pokemon Special manga Giovanni was very based
>>
>>32288606

It would be extremely painful...
>>
>>32288534
>>32288625

For me the most threatening villains were Cyrus and Lyssandre. Ghetsis, I find him retarded and ultimately in BW2 he tried to destroy everything because he was butthurt.

Cyrus > Lyssandre > Giovanni > Lusamine > Ghetsis > Archie and Maxie for me
>>
File: C8f24kJUMAAf9Gt.jpg (34KB, 588x331px) Image search: [Google]
C8f24kJUMAAf9Gt.jpg
34KB, 588x331px
Archie has the best personality, would be bros with him.
>>
>>32288649
>You're on the higher ground
>what's that mean!?
Are they serious?
>>
>>32288625
That's a retarded statement when both Archie and Maxie have explicitly said they want you to disappear. They also have a fascination with how you keep fucking up their plans. I really don't know what you're talking about, you seem to be bringing this shit out of your ass.
>>
>>32288730

It's read left to right, anon.
>>
>>32288489
Wasn't he in a wheelchair in the manga?
>>
>>32288802
I know, anon.
That's not what I meant.
>>
>>32288788
They harm not a single person in the entire story. Their team harms not a single person in the entire story. At best, they steal things and run away without any damage. They don't want you interfering. Why would they? Two of the early scenes with Team Rocket involve them having raided a house messing everything up, and kidnapping an old man while murdering a Pokemon. Compared to that, you have Team Aqua/Magma stealing and making a run for it, not even taking on an old man without Pokemon, and looking around a Museum, getting their Leader's ass kicked by you. It's pretty clear which team was supposed to be more threatening in the story.
>>
>>32288806
yep
>>
>>32288788
I don't know about Maxie, but Archie was very friendly with the player and not threatening or intimidating at all. And I say that as someone who likes Archie.
>>
>>32288816
oh I see it now
>>
>>32288649
Yup, easily the best Giovanni, and one of the, if not the best Pokemon villain. Loved him from the moment he met Red in RGB Chapter.
>>
>>32288635
This is the only correct choice. Also loved how he redeemed himself during the extra episode
>>
>>32288635
This. Main game villains are retarded and can't hold a candle to Dusknoir.
>>
>>32288147
I just hate how all the new villains plans boil down to: "I'm going to use this super OP pokemon to END THE WORLD".

Even with "justified" reasons it just feels so lazy and generic. The best villains in fiction are not "Hey I'm evil lol" it's the people who just happen to oppose your/the publics views and methods.

You know kind of like how real human act. Even "Evil" people in real life have an ideology they believe is good or right that they follow. Great warlords that wanted mass extinction always wanted to keep their country and people alive atleast.
>>
>>32288489
Worst villain, on par with Lysandre/Cyrus/Archie and Maxie

On the flip side, >>32288649 is pretty cool and him saving his son from burning alive remains the emotional peak of PokeSpe for me.

Let's not talk about volume 43, though.
>>
>>32288147
I like how the Persian he has was one he saved as a kid.

As a villain he's meh. His mother on the other hand.
>>
>>32290407
That's only Cyrus, actually. Archie/Maxie didn't want to destroy the world, Ghetsis wanted to control Unova through N, Lysandre wanted to cull overpopulation or some shit.

Frankly you sound very ignorant my man.
>>
File: 1491433151216.png (224KB, 450x524px) Image search: [Google]
1491433151216.png
224KB, 450x524px
>>32288534
>He was also retarded
>literally got together the tools and pawns to summon the legendary Pokemon of Sinnoh
>was nearly successful until Giratina came and fucked him over
No, anon, he was brilliant. Ahead of the game even. Wouldn't be surprised if Gamefreak turned him into a literal god to battle in the Sinnoh remakes.
>>
>>32288147
Giovanni is interesting because he made a cool team and he has more than one plan. Other teams put all their eggs in one basket. You stop their master plan and they are through. Giovanni has a diversified syndicate. He is in the gambling racket, the stealing racket (pokemon and items), the gym racket, the global domination racket, the extortion racket, and who knows what else. You spend the whole game dismantling his operation and he gets away. I think he comes back simply because he is such a big part of the economy of Kanto. He blurs the line between businessman and mafioso. Kanto is not Kanto without Giovanni. Other leaders disappear and the setting is not affected.

The only problem is that Kanto doesn't have a real storyline. All the other games had the advantage of a storyline that made the team leaders more interesting. The only storyline in kanto is just to set up the gameplay. With a proper storyline Giovanni could be great. As is he is pretty bland.
>>
File: Madame_Boss.png (318KB, 282x474px) Image search: [Google]
Madame_Boss.png
318KB, 282x474px
>>32290713
>tfw no art at all
>>
>>32291844
Giovanni is a typical criminal. Why do people find that interesting in a world with superpowered animals?
>>
>>32288534
Your opinions are shit.
>>
>>32292658
MUH REALISTICNESS

>>32288489
Mask of Ice is the reason i keep laughing when people claim Adventures is somehow superior to the anime.
>>
>>32292713
It's not hard to be better than shit. Even used up plastic is better than a pile of shit.
>>
File: b&c.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
b&c.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>
>>32292658
Because he's one of the few villains who doesn't want to destroy the world for brain dead reasons.
>>
File: 1483179926137.jpg (33KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
1483179926137.jpg
33KB, 500x390px
I personally like Giovanni because he is so down to earth. He's not some Saturday morning cartoon villain who's trying to destroy everything or rule the world, he's just a humble crime boss who creates a lot of havoc and is also the final Gym Leader of his region, which was a really cool twist in Gen I. Being the father of Silver made him even more of an interesting character. Looking at the other villains:

Archie/Maxie:
>I want to use the power of the legendary Pokemon to increase/decrease Earth's landmass
Cyrus:
>I want to use the power of the legendary Pokemon to create a new world
Ghetsis:
>I want to use the power of the legendary Pokemon to rule the world (literally the most boring and cliche motive possible)
Lysandre:
>I want to use the power of the legendary Pokemon to power up the ultimate weapon

This same formula is a bit stale at this point. Ghetsis seemed like a really good villain early on in BW with all the Pokemon liberation stuff but then GF decided to flush it down the toilet and just make him the most generic villain possible. He's still a cool character with how he brainwashed N and generally comes across as a really evil guy but there's just so much wasted potential going on with him. What a shame.

Now, Lusamine is one of my two favorites since she breaks out of this usual motive too. The way she talks, her facial expression and her "private collection" of frozen Pokemon among other things all make her seem like a batshit insane person who has completely lost it. She's not trying to rule the world or any of that shit, she's just obsessed with Ultra Beasts to the point where she snapped and even rejected her own family. I think she's a great lunatic villain who even manages to be a bit disturbing and scary at times.

tl;dr Giovanni and Lusamine are my favorites, followed by Ghetsis, followed by everyone else.
>>
>>32293364
I want a meme Villain Leader now
Memus:
>I want to use the power of MEMES to pester the fuck out of all Pokemon
>>
>>32293364
Pretty much this. I'll throw in Guzma with Giovanni and Lusamine because he's just an abused and outcast kid who lashes out against the world in the only way he understands, along with similar rejects because they feel like they only have each other. It's not to say he's a good person, but his motivation and backstory is actually reasonable.

Gen 7 had surprisingly good villains.
>>
>>32293974
>Gen 7 had surprisingly good villains.
My nigga, i love you.
Also all are pretty fuggable, specialy Guzma, Lusamine is meh.
>>
>>32291764
Name one thing about him that made sense, anon. Even just one is enough.
>>
>>32288534
You do understand that Guzma was parody of all the serious villains being (mostly) the laid back, no world destruction or anything serious goals having team boss?
>>
>>32295742
This thread is asking for a villain, not a character. Parody or not, it is a fact Guzma isn't a good villain, anon.
>>
>>32295773
your mom's a character
>>
>>32293319
None of the villains want to destroy the world for braindead reasons except for maybe Cyrus
>>
>>32295869
Archie/Maxie wanted to increase/reduce ocean levels, which would have had catastrophic consequences for the planet, things they should be fully aware of.

Lysandre wanted to commit mass murder because he thought people were polluting the earth and using up too many resources, in a world that's a near utopia powered mostly by clean energy.

Cyrus is obvious.

I'll give you Ghetsis, excluding BW2 shenanigans, and Lusamine/Guzma/Johto Team Rocket.
>>
>>32296392
>Maxie
Still didn't want to destroy the planet. He wanted the opposite, to give more land to people, which would lead to a better planet. He didn't even want water gone, just reduced a bit, so it doesn't even compare to the rest. Archie, though, pretty much just says he wants society to go back to a simpler time, so he knew what he was doing pretty clearly.

>Lysandre
He wanted humans gone so resources would be more manageable among all. He wanted to reduce population, as he believed it had grown too large to control properly. And he was right. He didn't give any shits about destroying anything but life, lowering the population.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.