[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some headcanons you've made up about Pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

File: Marshadow underwear.png (100KB, 393x393px) Image search: [Google]
Marshadow underwear.png
100KB, 393x393px
What are some headcanons you've made up about Pokemon?
>>
>>32287290
My own projection of a "theme" on Alola's Legendaries+Mythicals

Lunaala - Queen
Solgaleo - King
Necrozma - Joker
Marshadow - Ace
>>
File: sab.png (135KB, 1269x382px) Image search: [Google]
sab.png
135KB, 1269x382px
>>32287290
here

>>32287353
wheres the jack?
>>
>>32287387
All of the numbered Ultra Beasts
>>
>>32287290
All Pokemon are sapient and regarded in law as non-human people, which is why Pokemon like Chansey can hold jobs.

Legendaries are strong but not all powerful dieties, 'lesser' Pokemon can overpower them with enough training and strategy.

Ghost types are born as living creatures and die just the same, they are not the souls of dead humans or other pokemon somehow given new bodies. Same thing with objectmons.

Real world animals exist and Pokemon regard their animal counterparts the same way people regard apes and monkeys.
>>
>>32287290
Pokemon-human marriage is accepted in the pokemon world.
>>
>>32287453
Pokemon are prone to imitating human behavior. Sometimes wild Pokemon of certain species will even have wedding ceremonies in the wild or abandoned buildings.
>>
>>32287290
After attaching itself to Slowpoke, venom leaks out of Shellder and into Slowpoke, causing both of their forms to change while also taking away Shellder's sentience, forming one being. The venom has an invigorating effect that changes the aflicted depending on the parts of the body it affects. If a Shellder bites the tail, the venom is distributed into the muscles of the body, causing an evolution into the powerful Slowbro, while biting the head causes the venom to mostly remain in Slowpoke's skull, which leads to the hyper intelligent Slowking. This venom is essential to Shellder biology, and without it, Shellder brain function devolves into non-sentience, with it's body rapidly changing to circumvent the lack of venom.
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
>>32287353
>Bulu: Clubs
>Lele: Hearts
>Koko: Spades
>Fini: Diamonds

DEEPEST LORE
>>
>>32287440
>Legendaries are strong but not all powerful dieties, 'lesser' Pokemon can overpower them with enough training and strategy.
That isn't headcanon
>>
>>32287535
How suiting.
>>
Whenever a new challenger beats the current Champion, the challenger doesn't become the Champion immediately; instead, they're inducted into a group of potential Champions, able to be called upon to serve as the region's Champion during yearly reviews. Potential Champions still have most of the same rights as the active Champion, however. The reason for this policy is to prevent inexperienced Champions from flubbing things on a political level, and so that there's always a Champion ready in case the active Champion falls ill, is held up by personal responsibility, or is otherwise inhibited from their duties as Champion.
>>
File: 1488678684914.png (309KB, 540x715px) Image search: [Google]
1488678684914.png
309KB, 540x715px
>>32287290
Red, Hilbert, Nate, Calem and Sun are all from Kanto. Johto is under Kanto's control by this point, so Ethan and Brendan are also pretty much from Kanto. Lucas/Dawn are the only non-Kantonian protagonist.
>>
>>32287594
I used to think that Gym Leaders challenged the league at one point just like the player character but I'm not married to the idea.
>>
>>32287594
So your second headcanon is that Champions are involved with politics, not just the one sport of Pokemon training? Okay.
>>
>>32287290
Pokemon League = VGC
Battle Frontier = Smogon
>>
>>32287600
>Hilbert
Heritage, but probably a Kanto "Nisei" rather than a national

>Nate
Probably.

>Calem
I'll just say his mom's from Kalos but his dad is a full blooded Kanto man. Love bloomed on the Rhyhorn Race track
>>
>>32287440

>Real world animals exist

I started supporting this one with SM. Way too many references to meat at the restaurants.
The protagonist is a legit autist with Pokemon tunnel vision, so anything unrelated like real animals goes beneath their notice. The world we see in the games is only a fraction of what's really there.
Example: The only reason that bathroom popped up on Sun/Chicken's radar is because of the Pyukumuku in there.
>>
>>32287663
Well, Blue and Cheren (I think) did. So it's certainly something that happens.
>>
>>32287562
Kärloz!
>>
File: mohn.gif (3MB, 494x404px) Image search: [Google]
mohn.gif
3MB, 494x404px
This one isn't so much headcanon as it is crazy speculation:

Mohn is a lying piece of shit. He remembers everything.
Disappearing into a wormhole was just a cover story. In reality he took Nihilego to get rich off of drugs produced using its euphoria-inducing neurotoxin.
Have you ever wondered "Just what the hell is in those rainbow beans?"
WELL NOW YOU KNOW.
>>
File: 1486574328645.jpg (31KB, 540x291px) Image search: [Google]
1486574328645.jpg
31KB, 540x291px
Golisopod is a wimp trying to look menacing.
Making its wimpiness seem like a "tactical retreat", but in the end the only thing it can do is still hit and run. Honestly if we see it in the anime (which is likely since trASH wants to see the Wimpod he met again) I hope that when Emergency Exit activates Golisopod fucking shits itself and runs around in panic.
>>
>>32287290
Right after Ash left the Kalos region, a meteor killed him.
>>
Pokemon were originally man-made magical constructs that escaped into the wild and eventually learned to adapt and reproduce. Ditto is the closest thing that exists to the original construct.

Regular animals exist but are increasingly endangered due to Pokemon filling up more and more of their natural niches. In many places they are essentially extinct.

We learned how to convert matter into energy and back, which has revolutionized everything. This is why the Pokemon world is seemingly more utopian than ours and why most areas between cities are underdeveloped, due to not needing much in the way of physical infrastructure.
>>
The majority of pokemon grow larger throughout their lives, what we see in the dex is the size when they are born / evolve not the max size because i find most pokemon way too small.

All fully evolved pokemon are capable of mega evolution, we just havent seen their mega forms yet.

Pokemon can learn more than four moves, most trainers just choose to focus on a limited move pool because they dont spend enough time training their pokemon and keep switching out members of their teams.
>>
>>32288614
Trainers can use more than one mega evo pokemon at a time the anime / games limit it to one per trainer for balance reasons.
>>
>>32288663
My personal theory was that Z-Moves and Mega Evolutions require energy granted from the trainer, so doing so twice in battle is literally dangerous for the trainer's health.
>>
>>32288758
Dangerous in what way?

Heart attack dangerous? Shortened lifespan dangerous? Rapid aging dangerous?
>>
I think nature works similar to the way it does in real life, it's just to gruesome to show to kids.
Like i imaginr all the level 1 shit IV mons I release for the most part probably end up as food for other stronger wild pokemon
And I imagine humans eat certain animals like Tauros&miltank and probably the regional birds since there's so many of them. Do eggs come from torchics or do you just fry up some eggxecute? That's one question I still don't have the answer to
>>
File: 1406699684090.png (80KB, 332x314px) Image search: [Google]
1406699684090.png
80KB, 332x314px
>>32287353
>>32287535
That's pretty cool
>>
Humans can impregnate/be impregnated by all pokemon
>>
File: seal nutt.jpg (78KB, 388x384px) Image search: [Google]
seal nutt.jpg
78KB, 388x384px
>>32288892
I support this headcanon
>>
>>32288758
Only if your a frail ten year old, adults get physically and mentally tired but nothing dangerous unless your sleep deprived or in a weakebed state prior to battling
>>
>>32287871
>Way too many references to meat at the restaurants.

And what makes you think it's not Pokemon meat? It's canon that humans eat some Pokemon.
>>
>>32287290
Headcanon legendary genders

>Male
Zapdos
Moltres
Mewtwo
Raikou
Entei
Lugia
Regirock
Registeel
Groudon
Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys
Uxie
Azelf
Dialga
Palkia
Regigigas
Giratina
Manaphy
Darkrai
Arceus
Victini
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Zekrom
Kyurem
Keldeo
Genesect
Xerneas
Yveltal
Hoopa
Volcanion
Silvally
Tapu Koko
Tapu Bulu
Solgaleo
Xurkitree
Kartana
Guzzlord
Necrozma
Marshadow

>Female
Articuno
Mew
Suicune
Ho-oh
Celebi
Kyogre
Mesprit
Phione
Shaymin
Reshiram
Meloetta
Zygarde
Diancie
Tapu Lele
Tapu Fini
Lunala
Nihilego
Buzzwole
Pheromosa
Celesteela
Magearna
>>
>>32289023
there are no male legendaries, latios and the kamis are FtM
>>
>>32289023
That male list should be cut in half
>>
>>32289023
This is fucking retarded
>buzzwole is female
Seriously nigga what
>>
>>32289054
male mosquitos don't succ
>>
>>32289054

Only female mosquitoes suck blood and have a long proboscis
>>
>>32289023

But there are multiples of some legends, like the birds and beasts. They can be either gender.
>>
Dittos are failed Mewtwos (Same colour both shiny and not and found in Cerulean Cave, where mewtwo is found. Also contain the DNA of all Pokémon, same as Mew and by extension Mewtwo),
>>
Cubone, an by extension, Marowak have exoskulls. Instead of wearing the skull of their dead mother, their skulls are simply on the outside of their heads. Also Cubone dies when it evolves into Ghost Marowak.

Ghost Pokémon are already dead and don't die normally.
>>
>>32288537
Just like Guzma
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>32289449
>ghost type pokemon are spirits of the deceased eternally bound to our world
a fate worse than death
>>
>Many rivals/ important characters are in love with the mc, but only one gender
>the whole 4 movements/1 mega Evo/z-move is just a rule for balancing
>champions, e4 and gym leaders are political figures
>in war, gym leaders function as generals and make divisions specialized in their type
>OP is a fag
>Mistery Dungeon is canon in the main games
>Unown is the most powerful mon (read about the string theory) but it has no self control nor will, arceus is their master, created them and used their power to create the universe
>split evos were originally errors in DNA but they became stable and formed new species
>Deoxys is its planet's only intelligent species
>there is more than one Mewtwo
>mega evolution doesn't work for most legendaries in the same way as normal Pokémon, with very few exceptions like lati@s, most of them don't need bonding with their trainer, just a need of power to beat an enemy
>I think OP's faggotry is canon
>mega mewtwo y was artificially designed to be a mega Evo for Mew, but it didn't work
>Pokémon can fuck with humans, but it was later made illegal because of effects on their descendants, example: Sabrina with her psychic powers or Ash with his power of building walls between him and victory, Mr. Mime is his father
>Mohn and his islands are the poor man's Aether Fundation, he recalls helping hurt Pokémon from his previous life
>Ash exists in the game canon, his and Pikachu's fame is what caused Mimikyu to wear a disguise

>>32289023
My headcanons

>male
Ho-oh
Lugia
Celebi
Rayquaza
Groudon
Jirachi
Latios
Azelf
Dialga
Palkia
Arceus
Cobalion
Terrakion
Keldeo
Genies
Kyurem
Zekrom
Yveltal
Solgaleo
Marshadow
Darkrai
Victini
Manaphy
Phione
Hoopa
Koko
Bulu
Guzzlord
Buzzwole

>female
Mew
Shaymin
Latias
Diancie
Meloetta
Kyogre
Xerneas
Fini
Lele
Lunala
Reshiram
Cresselia
Uxie
Mesprit
Kartana
Celesteela
Pheromosa

>can be both
Birds
Beasts
Heatran

>still no gender
Mewtwo
Deoxys
Genesect
Giratina
Regis
Xurkitree
Silvally
Nihilego
>>
>>32288780
I imagine dangerous as in physical exhaustion.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.