[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started Omega Ruby for the first time, anything I should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

Just started Omega Ruby for the first time, anything I should know/expect going in?

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald are the only games I haven't played
>>
>>32287037
There's lots of water.
>>
>>32287043
Tell me something that isn't a meme ie. I don't know already
>>
Turn off Exp Share

If you see a route full of grass under a bridge traversing water, SAVE.
>>
>>32287037
still emerald is better
>>
>>32287068
Fine.
There's not many good Fire types and you can't get Beldum until the postgame.
>>
Expect the worst games in the series so you'll come out thinking they're better than they are
>>
>>32287085
wait. what is this?
>>
>>32287116
I'm guessing he's talking about the Route 110 rival battle
>>
>>32287085
Good to know anon also
>using exp share
People actually do this ever?
>>32287101
>not many fire types
Too bad I hate blaziken so much then
>>32287108
I already have been expecting that based on the typical stuff I see on here but I'm optimistic
>>
>>32287100
[Spoiler]________oh well________[/spoiler]
>>
>>32287037
1. You can decide if you want to keep the exp share on or off
2. Don't teach your flying-mon fly, instead Soar and use something better.
3. Kill Deoxys the first time you battle it
4. Use Blissey bases to beat the elite four 2nd time the moment you have the opportunity to, just to get it out of the way or some shit idk
5. Love those tutors
>>
>>32288311
>3. Kill Deoxys the first time you battle it
W-why
>>
>>32287037
>a lot of learnsets are pretty top notch so you can expect to learn useful moves fairly quickly
>dexnav lets you find things fast
>lots of optional content to find alongside a bunch of exp so the exp share isn't even necessary
>mega stones are easier to get than in XY
>Blissey bases make for easy exp farming
>>
>>32287037
>playing gen vi
You poor, unfortunate bastard.
>>
>>32287200
Ha ha faggot
>>
DexNav works fantastic in grass, it's somewhat annoying while fishing and surfing and it sucks in caves, especially Fiery Path.
>>
>>32288335
To soft-reset it later for better nature
>>
>>32287037
Disapoinment
>>
>>32287037
ORAS has to be one of the 4 best Pokemon games ever, along with Emerald, HGSS and BW2
>>
Dexnav giving wild mons egg moves is one of my favorite features ever. i get really attached to the ones with special moves (i.e. Brave Bird Tailow, Giga Drain Lotad, Hammer Arm Slakoth, etc).

I have hard nostalgia for RSE, and even though I hated it my first playthrough, I've heavily enjoyed every playthrough since.
>>
Use two Water Pokémon
>>
>>32287037
Use Dexnav to get hidden abilities / egg moves during your first playthrough. It's one of the best features in the series and makes many Pokemon a lot better, giving them some much needed coverage and power. Also turn off the Exp Share immediately. That's pretty much all I want to say.
>>
>>32287186
camerupt is best firebro anyway, so no worries
>>
>>32287037
All the starters are pretty good in game. Sceptile is solid in ORAS, plus pelipper cucks the fire cock so rival battles aren't a nightmare, and you get access to a couple of decent fire types after the third gym. Blaziken is probably the easiest, just because you can beat pert with a fucking seedot. Pert has a real tough time with rival battles (esp the bridge one mentioned earlier), but it's great everywhere else. There's no wrong choice, unlike in the originals, where treecko was shit until level 29. Shame, too; he's my favorite.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.