[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which region is smaller?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: 146753320702.jpg (71KB, 598x222px) Image search: [Google]
146753320702.jpg
71KB, 598x222px
Which region is smaller?
>>
Alola. Kanto is a little bigger than Johto too
>>
>>32282772
I dunno if I'd say Kanto is bigger than Johto, though it's a bit hard to tell. Still, even in that pic a big chunk of that map is Johto area, like Mt SIlver

I do agree that Kanto is definitely bigger than Alola though
>>
>firered speedrun 2h 05m 14s
>sun speedrun 5h 13m 13s
kantofags btfo
>>
>>32282851
>that's because of region size and not the battles being slower and the stops being longer
>>
File: sdfer57.png (478KB, 720x542px) Image search: [Google]
sdfer57.png
478KB, 720x542px
>>32282851
>Not taking Aslowla's cutscenes into account
>>
>>32282764
Alola is the smallest region in the series. It has almost nothing in it beyond the path you follow.
>>
>>32282786

There may be more locations to explore in Johto (caves and towers) but sheer size, Kanto is bigger. Its also bigger than Alola.
>>
>>32283329

And backtracking.
>>
>>32282764
Kanto may have a slightly smaller population than Alola, but it has much more enterable houses, and in every game it's appeared in but RGBY, there's another region accessable. That's not even taking into account the many large landmarks it has to offer compared to Alola.

Alola has the fewest routes, residential areas and generic NPC houses of any region, and most of its landmarks are tiny. It's more than likely that if a Kanto remake were to (unfortunately) happen, it'd definitely have more available Pokemon in it than Alola, and even then HGSS had more available non-event mons than SM.
>>
>>32283329
>Aslowla
>>
Alola I just admit.
>>
File: Speed.jpg (44KB, 680x643px) Image search: [Google]
Speed.jpg
44KB, 680x643px
>>32283582
He's right you know
>>
>>32282851
>>32283329
I can't wait for a Kanto re-remake with full with cutscenes.

Or even better, a new Kanto game with Soon and Mun-tier cutscenes! :^)
>>
File: BTFO BTFO BTFO BTFO BTFO.png (144KB, 1919x492px) Image search: [Google]
BTFO BTFO BTFO BTFO BTFO.png
144KB, 1919x492px
>>32282764
The one that's in the Sonic 06 of the series and is the greatest blunder of the year it was released in.
>>
>>32283720
Is Vikavolt considered fragile?
>>
>>32284055
In terms of pure defenses, no.
In terms of HP, yes.
Overall, it's hard to tell.
>>
>>32284018
do you ever sleep sonic 06 guy
>>
>>32284089
I don't think we're ever going to make sense of Vikavolt's statspread. I wish it had Chandelure's one, even if it got shit for being copypasted.
>>
>>32282764
BW Unova
>>
>>32284018
dont ruin my thread

>>32283411
You're right about that, that is probably a better way to put it.

>>32283344
Hell, I'd probably say Alola is comparable to Sevii, which is a bummer.
>>
>>32283460
Hell, Kanto has more towns, and the towns are probably all bigger to. Besides Hau'oli.

Plus if the Kanto revisit adds new places, it will even separate the sizes of Kanto and Alola even more
>>
>>32282764
Thinking back, Kanto is definitely bigger. All the towns had huge gaps between houses and were there was a lot of space to between everything.
>>
>>32283460
>much more enterable houses
Yeah, the two houses every town. A lot more.
>>
>>32283460
i don't like kanto but you are right.
>>
>>32285750
It's much more than two a town. I know this because two a town sounds more like Alola. Po town and Paniola have one house besides the centre, Tapu Village has none.
>>
>>32285769
I'm not defending Alola, but claiming Kanto had more buildings you could enter is just a bit ridiculous. Kanto had much larger towns, but not counting Gyms, Pokemon Centers and Marts, half on Kanto only has three buildings in a town. I have not played SM yet, and don't plan to for a while, so if Alola is anything similar to what the images I've seen show, it definitely exceeds the number.
>>
>>32283329
>15 minutes
>>
>>32285784
The two most recent games Ive played are SM and FRLG. It's not that every single town is tiny, it does have a few locations with a decent number of buildings, but definitely not by much. It has less towns, and Po, Paniola, Tapu Village, KoniKoni and Seafolk only have about one or two places to go to, and that's more than half of the towns.

>>32285807
>ignoring the smaller dialogue based cutscenes
>>
>>32285813
>dialogue based cutscenes
So a dialogue with changing camera angles? Those aren't cutscenes
>>
>>32285828
But they are obviously greatly adding to the slowness of the game and what everyone is talking about when they talk about the cutscenes. And you know this but want to talk semantics.
>>
>>32285813
>taking the cutscene bait
If you say so. Houses are just a waste of time that I couldn't care less about, so not being able to enter them isn't a big deal, but I still find it a bit hard to believe. The trailers and images I've seen show a lot of houses and shops. Were you not allowed to enter any of them? Still, I guess I was wrong.
>>
>>32285807
>15 minutes
When left to run the end cutscene takes at least half an hour so you're obviously bullshitting.
>>
>>32282764
Johto is the smallest.
>>
>>32285874
Konikoni is all just shops you stand outside of, so that one isnt as bad, but most of the others really are just empty. Like, doors you cant go into.

The thing is, I wouldnt normally care too much about an empty town, but when I saw that Alola was going to have a smaller map with the least locations in the series, I was expecting those locations to be extra fleshed out. But instead, they were doubly empty. Which left me disappointed. We've had regions with twice as much locations that also had plenty to do in most of them.

>>32285888
Johto has more towns than alola, more routes, more dungeons, and all three of those are more complex in general. No idea where this idea came from but it was always baffling to me seeing Johto called smaller than even Kanto, much less Alola.
>>
>>32285874
>>32285906
It's extra heartbreaking because the trailers really did sell the region as rather full of things to do and it ended up being the opposite to me.
>>
>>32284018

Sun and Moon read more like a gaiden game like the Orre ones.
>>
It seems like it's an unpopular opinion, so I'll share it. First thing first, to answer OP, Kanto was A LOT bigger. But I liked every town in Alola a whole lot more. I was initially disappointed when the region was revealed, as it was really small. I could make out every town and it looked tiny. And it was. What I liked though was how that small space was used. All routes, though small, were wide open and easy to explore, and everything was interconnected which made it more fun for me. There was no location that was "just there". Every place had a clear meaning and story attached to it, interesting story. Which made all of it more memorable to me.

To put it simply, do I think Alola is too small? Yes. Do I find that disappointing? Yes. Do I think it was bad? No. It might just sound like damage control, which is probably what I'm doing, as I'm only sharing my thoughts because I think everyone is being too hard on Alola. But that's honestly how I feel. I think a bigger region would've been nicer, but if it had lacked the focus on detail and lore behind it that Alola offered, I would've been more disappointed. I honestly think smaller but more fleshed out areas are better than bigger, empty places that just exist.
>>
Alternative question: quality or quantity?
>>
>>32285993
I'd prefer a mix of both given how small the amount of new Pokemon have been lately.
>>
>>32285993
Question. If I consider a region with more space to explore to be a better "quality" region, where does that leave me? Am I just wrong to consider that "quality", as I just find that the quantity is what makes a region high in quality?
>>
File: Lillie.(Pokémon).full.2039738.jpg (468KB, 614x900px) Image search: [Google]
Lillie.(Pokémon).full.2039738.jpg
468KB, 614x900px
>>32285993
Well, if we're talking quality of the girls, nothing beats Alola. They have the top 1 most sexual/erotic Pokemon girl after all.
>>
>>32285993
Quality, which is why I love Johto the most. But Alola did not have the quality to justify the lack of quantity. It was just "fine"

>>32285988
I dont know how to respond to this since I both agree and disagree with what you're saying.
>>
>>32285993
Alternative answer: GF won't give us either
>>
>>32286077
Alola has the worst waifufags and on top of that Liilifags still end up being the worst of the worst.

Well, second to Lanafags
>>
>>32285784
There aren't any enterable generic NPC houses in Ula'ula, with the closest things being Aether House, Shady House and Nanu's police station; and all four of the enterable NPC houses in Akala are the residences of Olivia and the three trial captains. Poni has four enterable NPC houses, one of which is Mina's and another being Hapu's; and Melemele has six enterable houses disregarding your home - three of them are occupied by Guzma's family, Ilima's family, and Hau and Hala's family. Most Aether afoundation employees, including Lillie's family, also live in the mansion in the northern part of Aether Paradise.

As bad as Kanto may be with enterable NPC houses, it is NOWHERE as bad as Alola.
>>
>>32285993
Quantity because gamefreak is incapable of quality
>>
>>32283329
>3+ hours of cutscenes

Okay, faggot
>>
>>32288731
>the ending of the game alone is over half an hour
>>
>>32285720
>Hell, Kanto has more towns, and the towns are probably all bigger
Yeah, but they're mostly copy and paste tiles and stuff, in Sun/Moon everything is more unique and has its own style.
>>
File: nBbw2tu.jpg (2MB, 3822x2560px) Image search: [Google]
nBbw2tu.jpg
2MB, 3822x2560px
>>32289041
Yeah, but how cool it looks is less interesting if there is nothing much to it.

Plus, if you need a Kanto with unique looking locations we have HGSS Kanto, and that's probably still bigger than Alola.
>>
>>32283720
amazing image
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.