[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emerald ROMhacks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1986.png (15KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
1986.png
15KB, 240x160px
I want to replay Emerald, but the lack of a physical/special split is kind of a turn off. Any ROMhacks that adds it? Maybe some nice extra content? As long as it doesn't add shitty OCs I'm good
>>
>>32281974
>Any emerald ROMhacks that add phy/spc split?
At this point in time, many.

>Theta emerald EX makes every single pokemon up to volcanion obtainable, and every move and ability up to gen 6 is usable (except one or two I can't remember right now)

>Moon emerald is regular emerald story but changes most gen 3 mons with gen 7 mons. Physical/special split is present and there are many new moves, but the abilities department is not complete and not all moves are where you wish they were (i.e. if you train a tsareena in this game the strongest physical grass STAB it gets is razor leaf because trop kick isn't coded). Is not as polished as theta.

There were a lot more but I can't remember their exact names right now
>>
>>32282027
>>Theta emerald EX
Does this change the story or add extra stuff? What I'm getting from the description is that it's basically Emerald but with new gen features and quality of life improvements, which is exactly what I'm looking for
>>
File: JunichiSplit.jpg (58KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
JunichiSplit.jpg
58KB, 640x426px
>>32281974
>>
>>32282171
>Does this change the story or add extra stuff?
No not at all.

Is literally just the emerald story but after the elite 4 you can go crazy and try to catch every single fuck that ever was (before gen 7 became a thing).

Dunno what else to say, I was able to use contrary malamar and illusion zoroark for the first time in a hack and it's quite fun.
>>
>>32282171
It does not, the plot is identical to vanilla Emerald. However, Theta EX does have some pretty bad bugs and glitches. Don't participate in the Battle tents or the Frontier without keeping several save states because they will eat your TMs pocket and glitch your Items pocket. Contests do not work at all. Some graphic glitches, though they are harmless. Beware anything on your opponent's side that uses volt switch or u turn because when the game attempts to recall the pokemon afterward, it will pull up one of Gen 3's error handlers and could freeze the game.

But for the most part, you should be good. Just keep save states often.
>>
>>32282224
>>32282262
The bugs sound annoying. Any other hacks like it? I'll try it, but I'd like to have other options in case it gets unplayable
>>
>>32282369
>Any other hacks like it?
Not on Emerald, or not 721.

Theta isn't unplayable, I've beat the E4, got all the gold symbols and amassed ~1800 BP on the Frontier already and it's plenty fun. Since the hacker removed the no legendaries restriction, you can even use any pokemon you want.
>>
There's a ton. Go on pokecommunity slideshow showcase.
>>
There are tons of neat Gen 3 hacks that have the physical/special split. A personal favorite of mine is Pokemon Gaia.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.