[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were early 2000s kids into Pokemon or did they just miss the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 00s.png (155KB, 434x701px) Image search: [Google]
00s.png
155KB, 434x701px
Were early 2000s kids into Pokemon or did they just miss the boat and were more into stuff like Yu Gi Oh?
>>
>>32280252
Pokemon isn't a 90's exclusive boat. Even my 9 years old cousin have a pokemon influence
>>
I'm born in '95 and my whole childhood was filled with Pokemon. We were constantly talking about it at school. Ofc there was other stuff like Yu Gi Oh and Bakugans later on but Pokemon is the only thing that stayed relevant to me all those years.
>>
>>32280273
Yes but I'm talking about the Pokemania, Gens 1-3 boat
>>
>>32280252
Here's my experience:

I was born in 1991 so I was about 7 when Pokemon came out in the US. It was everywhere and you literally couldn't escape it. It dominated my later elementary school years.

And I remember when everyone thought Yugioh was the next Pokemon. I was in 6th grade when Yugioh was the biggest thing at my school and Pokemon was all of a sudden super lame. A few people briefly got back into Pokemon when Ruby and Sapphire came out, but the general consensus was that they sucked. (even though looking back I realize playing Sapphire was one of my best Pokemon game memories)

Also, I distinctly remember those Beckett Pokemon Collector magazines that all of a sudden became Beckett Anime Collector because no one liked Pokemon anymore, and it had an emphasis on Yugioh even though there was already a Beckett Yugioh collector.

But then in 8th grade Yugioh stopped being cool (especially since everyone was talking about Star Wars because of Revenge of the Sith) and all the "cool" kids stopped playing and even gave their rare cards away to the few people that still cared. I even threw out my entire collection of cards when I moved across the country that year.

Pokemon eventually got big again in high school when Diamond and Pearl came out, although it was never as big as it was when I was a kid. Meanwhile, no one ever talked about Yugioh except super devoted fans. In the end, Yugioh was only big for a while but Pokemon had a more lasting impact.
>>
>>32280252
I was born in 1994 and I remember playing Gen 1 before Gen 2 came out. I was obsessed with Pokémon as a kid and never grew out of it.
>>
1996 kid here. It was Pokemon mostly at school but yugioh was right behind. Probley ahead for 1-2 years. Everyone had cards
>>
>>32280299
'97 born, Pokemon was absolutely huge in elementary. This would've been at the start of Gen III.
>>
>>32280252
1995 here, Pokemon wasn't cool at my school.

I only watched some of the anime, started playing the games in 2007 because of roms my friend gave me.
>>
>>32280299
>gen 3
>pokemania
hoennbaby detected
>>
98 here. I barely knew people who really liked pokemon in my "school time", i always played alone, i always was into this alone. If someone liked pokemon too, they were like 5 casuals who knew 2 pokemon, Charizard and Pikachu.
>>
>born 1993
>was almost too young to get on the pokemon boat
>don't really remember any of my classmates talking about it but i never really talked to people much when i was a kid
>do remember watching the anime and never realizing there was a game attached,
>was actually really into yu-gi-oh as well
>>
>>32280417
This. Basically. Same happened with me.
>>
>>32283277
Not an early 2000s kid, read the chart
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.