[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did she ever do besides shill Togepi?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Misty_AG[1].png (155KB, 318x380px) Image search: [Google]
Misty_AG[1].png
155KB, 318x380px
What did she ever do besides shill Togepi?
>>
>>32278729
She was pretty entertaining in the first season and the Orange Islands, then the writers gave up on her.
>>
>>32278729
at first I read that as
>What did she ever do besides shit Togepi?
>>
>>32278729
In Og she actually had a personality until Togepi happened. Then Orange islands had some ship bait.

Johto dropped both so she was just pointless there
>>
She was my waifu
>>
Ash's crush?
>>
>>32278729
She brought out a side of Ash that no one brings out anymore.
Ash feels so generic now, but back in the day you had some amazing lines.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g7p8thjjeM
There is no way current Ash Ketchum would talk like this to anyone else. This part of Ash died when Misty left.
>>
>>32278729
Childhood crush.
>>
I hated misty brook was cool though. Misty was a annoying bitch
>>
>>32280642
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh5lZ4i6rNg
Sorry for peoples' cringey editing but here's another one
>>
Token girl
>>
>>32280692
Did Misty ever get over her fear of Bug types? I know she got over Gyarados eventually. I always wonder how she would react to Surskit and its evolution.
>>
>>32280692
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez8zy1yrz_U
It sucks that this part of his character is gone.
>>
>>32278729
nothing, at least nothing of real purpose

her pokemon were mostly useless without water - couldn't help with at battles
stuff like cooking and the map stuff - brock did that

and nagging about ash isn't very useful
>>
>>32280642
>>32280692
>>32280730
>>32280721
You anons are such a kids
>>
>>32280730
>I hate the way she treats us but I like the way she looks
Literally me in middle school
>>
Hope Misty will succeed in become the fire type trainer she dreamed to be.
>>
This thread needs more feels.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHYdsrenXxk
Scenes like this are why so many of us wanted them to come back.
>>
>>32280768
Misty, with fire types? Don't be crazy.
>>
>>32280744
Hang yourself
>>
Nothing, look how the show got better and better after she left.
>>
>>32278729

I wouldn't fucking mind her and togepi in xyz because her new suit actually makes them both badass
>>
>>32278729
Misty being written to a wall was a product of poor writing and not having an idea of what to do with female trainers at the time, not a flaw of Misty herself.

We've seen they could do better in hindsight, even Iris wasn't a complete failure in terms of handling a girl character.
>>
Misty had a defined personality and managed to contribute a lot of entertaining moments to the show in the early episodes. Her constantly arguing with Ash or needling Brock was always pretty funny and very rarely annoying- Misty having an antagonistic side yet being unwilling to see how much of a pain in the ass she is gave her dimension. There was also a lot of depth to her in that she had something to prove to her sisters and herself. Okay, sometimes she was annoying as Rachael Lillis' performance was quite often very shouty but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing- she was, after all, a very shouty character with a temper as fiery as her hair. She mellowed later on and matured, something we can actually thank Togepi for.

However, Togepi marked the beginning of the end for Misty. She went from being a Trainer to being a babysitter. For a while this even rubbed off on Pikachu and while some of you may not agree that Pikachu is important as an actual character, Pikachu still has a defined personality and to see him reduced to shouting "PiPiPi!" whenever Togepi wandered off was also detrimental.

Togepi could have been a five-to-ten episode arc and created just enough mystery for Gen II and eggs. What we got lasted nearly five YEARS. Check out the Whirl Islands mini-arc, look at how good Misty is in those episodes. She hadn't been that entertaining in seasons at a time, she had no defined purpose.

May was a breath of fresh air because she had a defined purpose and direction, something Misty had lacked almost since the get-go. Misty in Chronicles, however, doing Gym Leader shit was pretty fun. Just goes to show how good a character can be when you give them something more to do than stand at the sideline holding an egg.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.