[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Unpopular Opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: 1417691879638.png (144KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
1417691879638.png
144KB, 500x341px
reddit spacing edition

- I think Pokemon's gameplay is the worst thing about it. Its entire appeal is monster collection and presentation, and I wouldn't care if they completely overhauled the battle mechanics, or even changed genre.

- Mimikyu is a lazy garbage design that Gamefreak tries to justify with muh sad backstory. Its song doesn't even make sense; if it doesn't want to be mistaken for Pikachu, why the fuck does it dress like one?

- There is nothing wrong with gen wars and starter wars. People are entitled to share their opinions, whether positive or negative. If you can't handle it, don't participate.

- Giveaway threads are absolute cancer and attract the worst kind of vermin to this board. If you want to cheat (don't pretend giveaway mons aren't injected) but are too dumb to hack your 3DS, you don't belong here.

- There is no such thing as too many Pokemon. The more the better. They should also add even more forme changes, variants, etc. Those fanart breeding hybrids are fantastic.

- Iris is a great champion, theme included. I love how she embraces her champion status in a hilariously over-the-top and childish way, and offsets the pretty princess look with her wild attitude and battle style. It's refreshing, and a kid champion done right.

- The multiverse thing is dumb. It's a bad trope. A lazy, slapdash attempt at immersion that saves them from having to actually write a consistent timeline. In fact it has the opposite effect, because those once abstract game mechanics are now canon cosmic fuckery, which is just as immersion breaking but harder to overlook. The whole "game mechanics = canon" meta narrative thing is played out and tiresome.
>>
ded unpopular thread
>>
File: 9c9b1b01.jpg-original.jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
9c9b1b01.jpg-original.jpg
38KB, 600x600px
ORAS ruined their designs and personalities
>>
>>32269579
Iris was a great champion. Her music is some of my favorite and such a representation of the fight. Starts off all glittery and cheerful when you see her at first, but when you get into the battle, it gets darker.

What's reddit spacing?
>>
>>32269579
I'm death, you have a serius problem and you killed me with this dumb opinion, you're a bad person, and your mother knows it.
>>
kys
>>
>>32269579

> I think Pokemon's gameplay is the worst thing about it. Its entire appeal is monster collection and presentation, and I wouldn't care if they completely overhauled the battle mechanics, or even changed genre.

I think it's okay but unbalanced as they come up with power creep tapus and UBs bullshite.

>Mimikyu is a lazy garbage design that Gamefreak tries to justify with muh sad backstory. Its song doesn't even make sense; if it doesn't want to be mistaken for Pikachu, why the fuck does it dress like one?

Totally agreed with this one. gayfreak tries to please gen 1 faggots by constantly rehashing the same shit all over again. This hurts the newer games especially SM.

>
- There is nothing wrong with gen wars and starter wars. People are entitled to share their opinions, whether positive or negative. If you can't handle it, don't participate.

This happens everywhere. Everyone talks as if his opinion is a fact. It start when someone plays a pokemon game/chooses a starter then it finds out it's not that great, then shares his opinion and others will go ape shit because they think otherwise.

- Giveaway threads are absolute cancer and attract the worst kind of vermin to this board. If you want to cheat (don't pretend giveaway mons aren't injected) but are too dumb to hack your 3DS, you don't belong here.

People usually resort to injections when they find out how difficult is to get your pokemon with PERFECT ability, nature, IVs, shiny etc. RNGesus dosen't love everyone.

- There is no such thing as too many Pokemon. The more the better. They should also add even more forme changes, variants, etc. Those fanart breeding hybrids are fantastic.

Forme changes will make certain pokemon privileged. Simply because there is too much work to do a special variant for every existing pokemon. i.e. Only popular pokemons got megas.
>>
>>32269758
I was gonna say that all you need is a six IV Ditto and a destiny knot but then realized that people don't like to put in effort anymore. It's not hard when you have the set up but normies see 'Oh, I need this and this and also that? Giveaway plox"
>>
>>32269758
- Iris is a great champion, theme included. I love how she embraces her champion status in a hilariously over-the-top and childish way, and offsets the pretty princess look with her wild attitude and battle style. It's refreshing, and a kid champion done right.

Agreed. Iris is my favorite champion, along with Alder. But her champion theme song kinda sucks, and i was a bit disappointed.

- The multiverse thing is dumb. It's a bad trope. A lazy, slapdash attempt at immersion that saves them from having to actually write a consistent timeline. In fact it has the opposite effect, because those once abstract game mechanics are now canon cosmic fuckery, which is just as immersion breaking but harder to overlook. The whole "game mechanics = canon" meta narrative thing is played out and tiresome.

I don't get this one desu.
>>
>>32269579
I want Pokemon games to have voice acting.
>>
>>32269790
I agree with him, he's basically saying it's harder to immerse yourself in the pokemon world if "nothing matters". Why have a story if large parts of it can't be confirmed or built upon in the future the way Gen II's story confirmed and built upon a lot of Gen I plot points, major and minor, they said happened this or that way?
>>
I think RSE's music deserves the most credit in the franchise due to how good it is compared to how limited the GBA soundfont was.
I like water routes, and I also liked the swamp and snow zones of Sinnoh.
I love most of the designs of the Alola formes, but I think the concept is detrimental to the feeling the franchise had built over the years.

>>32269621
This.
>>32269648
Agreed. Her design in BW was very dull, but she got fixed for BW2.
Iris has the best champion theme in my opinion.
>>
>>32269579
>- There is nothing wrong with gen wars and starter wars. People are entitled to share their opinions, whether positive or negative. If you can't handle it, don't participate.

t. I can't spot obvious shitposting.
>>
File: 1489823439692.png (549KB, 1750x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1489823439692.png
549KB, 1750x1250px
>>32269579
BW is the best mainline game, PMD sky is the best pokemon game.

Most starters are ruined by their evolutions, only ones that stay quite good are mudkip and piplup.

Eevee and its evolutions are the most overrated pokemon in the series. We don't need any more.

Alola has the best designs yet in the series.

Humans should have little focus in the games, its about the monsters.

Greninja has a pretty good design, I just wish its eyes were constantly closed.

Trubbish and garbodar are pretty cute, they don't deserve a fraction of the hate they get.
>>
>>32269579
The multiverse thing is pretty much canon, and not just with Zinnia. You can argue Red and Blue are different universes from each other, as are Gold and Silver and Ruby and Sapphire. It's not at all a new concept, but more like integrating a pre-existing idea into the story, which, in itself, only really began in Gen 5 and really solidified in Gen 6.

Unpopular opinion: Johto is the most dull region, followed by Kanto. I love how the other regions try to integrate various biomes into their landscape, and the lack of them in Johto really stand out.
>>
>>32269795
I'm still in the camp of pre-BOTW voice acting where it's mostly grunts and "heys"

That probably would have made Sun and Moon cutscenes slightly more tolerable.
>>
>>32269917
Rotomdex on the other hand would have been handled like Midna or the way characters talked in Banjo-Kazooie except with GB sound effects.
>>
>>32269758
The point isn't about injecting, it's about being too dumb to do it yourself. Giveaways attract precisely these kinds of imbeciles to the board.
>only popular Pokemon got megas
That's patently false. Kanga, Altaria, Pinsir, Abomasnow, Medicham, Banette, etc. These weren't popular at all. It doesn't take anything away from mons without them. More formes = more mons getting things.
>>
>>32269866
>Person with trash opinions likes the trashmons
pottery
>>
>>32270069
>only popular Pokemon got megas

Yeah, i shouldn't have said that. Most of them*. They probably had more ideas when working on X and Y. Gamefreak's main idea was to refresh already popular ones. How comes garchomp got a mega, when it's already powerful enough.
ledian, corsola, dunsparce, delcatty, delibird would be worthy of that improvement, not garchomp or salamence.
>>
>>32270211
>when it's already powerful enough
You make it sound like its mega made it even stronger. It didn't. In fact it's weaker, a sidegrade at best. Meanwhile shitmons like Kanga and Mawile got completely broken megas. It just shows that there's no reason to arbitrarily limit who gets megas, they can all be balanced. Salamence is an extreme, not the standard.
>>
File: unpopular opinions.png (38KB, 1895x300px) Image search: [Google]
unpopular opinions.png
38KB, 1895x300px
Posting this from an old thread because I ran up to the character limit. Also...

Diamond and Pearl remakes will be fine, even if they follow the ORAS formula of remaking a game. Building them off of the engine of Sun and Moon will inherently fix many problems the games had.

Making full out sequels to future games instead of remaking them is unnecessary. The only sequel I think they could really do is a hypothetical Black and White 3, and even then, I would rather both games get remade first.

I think a game featuring all of the regions is achievable without fucking up how the game's leveling curve is.

Torterra is the best Sinnoh starter. But this isn't an unpopular opinion, there's just one fucker making threads everyday to convince you he's shit

>>32269906

This, to a T. Multiverse has always been a thing and is just now being used as a story concept.
>>
I unironically like Gen 7. It brought us some really interesting gimmicks with Z-moves and new terrain, breathed new life into older mons with Alola forms (even if they were kanto exclusive and some of them not that good), and gave us a break from gyms with new challenging Totem battles, which used actual strategies instead of "le ebin high level pokemon of hard hitting attacks" gym strat. I just wish it didn't feel so small, and that most of the mons weren't so slow.
>>
>>32269621
>designs
Yes, well at least Archie
>personalities
No
>>
>>32269579
The only problem with the multiverse shit is the games have treated it as a serious plot point twice now which only further encourages canon arguments instead of just being a hand wave for "fuck you everything's canon"

>wild battle style

You mean the same braindead shit as all the in-game trainers?

In general your only good opinions are Mimikyu is shit and have more Pokemon
>>
There's nothing wrong with thinking that the original 151 or 251 pokemon are the best designed in the series, or if you don't like new pokemon.

But if you think that the Gen 1 or Gen 2 games are the best in the series you are a fucking Genwunner and you don't belong on this board or deserve to call yourself a pokemon fan.

the new EXP. Share doesn't make the new games easy, the lack of teams with 4 or more pokemon make the new games easy.
>>
>>32269579
I agree with everything here except changing the genre of the games and no such thing as too many pokemon. Overall good taste friend

Especially mutliverse theory, time travel and multiverses are the sure signs your franchise is running out of ideas, unless executed absolutely well. Pokemon wants to confirm multiverses but not explain things and now large chunks of the franchise are in limbo as we dont even know what's canon anymore.

>>32269906
Johto has ice caves, ocean cliffs, autumn walkways, mountain routes and snowcapped peaks. Even Alola has less biomes.
>>
File: Playstation doggo.jpg (75KB, 334x334px) Image search: [Google]
Playstation doggo.jpg
75KB, 334x334px
Pokemon X is genuinely one of my favorite Pokemon games. Kalos as a region is pretty unique, having all 4 seasons without a time restriction like Unova did, and has a very diverse dex because of how different every place is. I also preferred customization in Kalos compared to Alola. Even though Serena can't be hatless and doesn't have many color choices, her clothes are a lot more unique than the Moon protagonist's, which are mostly just recolors of her generic tank tops.
>>
>>32271408
Fuck you, but also everyone knows Gen 6 has better customization
>>
>>32269621
>implying they had designs and personalities to ruin
>>
>>32270705
Liking gen 7 isn't even an unpopular opinion.
>>
I think if most pokemon would have the powers described in dex they would be MUCH better.
-Pressure is ability that needs boost or be retconed
>>
>>32269579
>There is no such thing as too many Pokemon. The more the better. They should also add even more forme changes, variants, etc.

I completely agree with this. Pokemon is finally on the brink of developing a complete fictional ecosystem. And they know this, too - that's why the Sun Moon dex entries got so gritty. At this point I don't really even care if they're starting to repeat concepts or release a few dull but credible designs. It's all building into a more cohesive world and it makes fantasizing about the world of Pokemon exponentially more fun and developed. If having this system means getting a few ice cream cones every so often, so be it.
>>
File: 1489605100269.png (3MB, 1758x2408px) Image search: [Google]
1489605100269.png
3MB, 1758x2408px
SM are flawed but are fundamentally good games and the UBs are awesome.
>>
>>32271690
Flawed but good games are the normal opinion.
>>
>>32269579
>I love Pokemon as a franchise.
>There's no design I actively hate. The worst are a little less than tolerable to me
>Objectmon and fossilmon a best
>Ranger is miles better than PMD
>The world and atmosphere are the best part of the franchise
>memes are 21st equivalent of nerds quoting Monty Python and somehow less funny
>the last three fire starters are some of the best
>>
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is overrated garbage that people only like because "muh talking Pokemon" fanfic-tier plot. Gameplay's ass, by far one of the most boring roguelikes due to it having no difficulty, and eah game is filled with so many flaws that sitting through the game just to read the plot becomes a chore. Even then, the plot's nothing amazing. Explorers and Gates are generic anime plots (especially Gates' power of friendship schlock) and Super honestly has to have one of the worst video game stories I've ever sat through.
The one good thing that comes out of the games is the soundtrack. I'll give it that.

On a similar note, the mainline Pokemon games should never focus on storytelling.
>>
>>32272643
The fanfic plot part's definitely true, but the game's not that bad
>>
>>32269579
There is no such thing as a bad designed Pokemon.
>>
>>32269579
I don't hate any Pokemon except maybe Trubbish and Garbodor
>>
>>32270715
>>32269828
>liking pirate giovanni
>>
I like all of Gen 5's starters. More than say Gens 3 or 4, where I only care about Sceptile and Torterra and everything else is "eh" or "I don't like Blaziken".

Pretty much all the main games are at least good, just some are better than others. I did like Sun a lot though despite it's issues, on both runs I've done of it. The hate on /vp/ and even at places like Facebook is overblown, and I think it's one of the best for the course of the main run through the game.

Incineroar is the best Fire starter we've had in years.
>>
File: 5663c0f4040f864fb6396e5eaa6de91a.jpg (313KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
5663c0f4040f864fb6396e5eaa6de91a.jpg
313KB, 1200x1200px
Ghost Pokémon have cool designs, but their Pokédex entries are boring as fuck. It is always either "this ghost likes to make mischief", "this ghost will steal your spirit or possess you" or "this ghost has been banished where it won't hurt anybody again". I know they they're ghosts and all, but I would do anything to have a Pokédex entry that's completely different.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.