[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does HG and SS suck so much? Did the developers even play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 24

Why does HG and SS suck so much? Did the developers even play these monstrosities?

>fighter EVERY single trainer and wild Pokemon I come across in the game, no one survives
>Notice the more I go through the game the more underleveled I become
>used same 6 Pokemon throughout the game
>Get to 8th gym, all my mons are 33/34
>gym Pokemon are minimum lvl 38

I can't even grind to get better, the strongest wild Pokemon I can fight are barely lvl 20.

What the fuck /vp/? I'm onsidering buying an AR just hack up to decent level 45 team.
>>
>>32258337
People tend to overlook this flaws because "muh postgame" and some fun but meaningless content

Everything in this games is made because of Kanto, level curve is shit, variety is crap until kanto....
>>
>>32258348
>these games

Fuck, I need to sleep
>>
>>32258337
These are the best games imo
>>
>>32258353
and the worst imo, thanks for sharing
>>
>>32258359
>implying that the original jhoto games don't have the same problems without all the extra touches that make hg/ss amazing
stay nostalgic fag.
>>
>>32258365
Well, you are right about that

But I dont like the original jhoto games
>>
>>32258337
People who put HGSS on pedistals like the Ark of Covenant are just Reddit plebs. BW2 were probably the best balanced games but people would rather have a meaningless post game then a good game in general.
>>
>>32258337
The leveling scale of appearing mons is really the only complain.
>>
>>32258371
then why do you say hg/ss are the worst? The implies they are worse than the gen 2 games which you just admitted have all of the same problems with none of the cool finishing touches?
>>
Git gud
>>
>>32258383
I just actually forgot they existed, just like with gen 1

They are so unappeling I dont even think about them
>>
>>32258383
check mate OP

xd
>>
>>32258337
They're the worst remakes of the bunch. Sinnohfoeti will call this bait, and the'yre the majority on this board so they're loud, but the truth is HGSS did nothing to fix the problems with GSC and added many new problems of its own.
>>
>>32258416
I love the Sinnoh Games but hate HG/SS... what does that make of me?
>>
>>32258421
contrarian bait master.
>>
>>32258416
>added many new problems of its own
Like what? The only issues I see with the game are carry-overs from GSC.
>Pokemon distribution still heavily favors Kanto rather than Johto
This is kind of a lesser problem in those games though because gen 2 isn't really new anymore and the gen 2 Pokemon don't need to be showcased as much.
>level curve is complete fucking shit
>trainer rematches are still annoying
>>
HGSS are garbage, this is nothing new.
>>
>>32258337
>I can't even grind to get better,

Then don't. Are you so braindead that you don't know how to beat NPCs that have higher levels than you with the slightest bit of strategy?
>>
>>32258337
>used same 6 Pokemon throughout the game
That's your problem. Don't use 6 Pokémon. The level curve isn't mesnt for that. Same goes for FRLG and many other older games. You're not supposed to train a full team of 6 Pokémon. Otherwise you'll have to spend hours on grinding.

I had a team of 6 in FireRed and ended up being 15 levels below the champion despite defeating everything I ever came accross. I had a team of 4 in Pearl and I never got underlevelled before I came to the Cynthia fight.
>>
These games and platinum are so damn unplayable to me. I have adHD and the slowness make me go insane
>>
>>32258337
Because Gamefreak would rather appeal to nostalgia fags by keeping the game the same instead of fixing the issues of GSC. I still enjoyed HGSS but GF could've done way more to improve the balance of the game.

Also this >>32258553

I recently re-completed FireRed and I tried to use a full team of 6. I ended up being 10+ levels below the elite 4's pokemon. Still managed to win but it was a pain in the ass. The old games aren't designed around you having a full team early on, hell I had to bring my team into Gale of Darkness's Mt. Battle just to get them properly leveled up for the elite 4 rematch.
>>
People complain about the lack of variety in pokemon, but they don't realize that johto is more like gen 1½ since a lot of the gen 2 pokemon were leftovers from gen 1 that didn't make it the first time. Remember Ho-oh in the first episode of the anime? Rememer all the evidence stating that a lot of pokemon were cut from gen 1 because of space issues?
>>
>>32258604
this
>>
>>32258337
(You) Thread
>>
>>32258365
>>32258371
>jhoto

To the firing squad, both of you.
>>
If you are Pokemon's target audience (10 years old kids) or a retard, just train one or two Pokemon, buy a bunch of max potions and revives and swipe everything that gets in your way.

If you're a grown ass man, use your fucking brain and develop a strategy to beat those overlevered NPC. That's the challenge of the game.
>>
>>32258908
You cant beat a gym leader with less pokemon than you and is only 4 levels higher?

These are the people who shit on HGSS
>>
>>32259020
>>32258337
meant for OP
>>
>>32258858
t. sinnohfetus with no real defense for his shitgame
>>
Underage have taken over, time to close this board.

We're now at the point where they're complaining about being 4 levels under a gym leader. Good god.
>>
FRLG are the only remakes that are unquestionably, across-the-board improvements.

OP's criticisms of HGSS are incoherent, but to me, and I've made esoteric shitposts on /vp/ about it, somehow the *charm* of GS didn't carry over to HGSS. At no point in FRLG did I wish I was instead playing RB, but several times during HGSS I felt like I'd actually rather dig out my GBC.
>>
>>32259122
Dont worry, We regularly have threads so the people who hate HGSS can vent, but /vp/ on a whole still has enough good taste to know the games are good
>>
>>32258337
>he doesn't go into every gym in every game with mons that are ~10 levels less than the gym leader's and cheese the whole thing
Remove yourself.
>>
>>32258613
>I ended up being 10+ levels below the elite 4's pokemon.

I always thought this was intended, even when I was a child. Why would the final bosses not have a higher-leveled team? You should be able to outsmart a simple AI, especially if that AI also has the retarded limitation of only training a single type.
>>
You should be able to grind your team on wild pokemon only 15 levels under yours, but can't you call or vs seek trainers you fought already?
>>
>>32258337
>using 6 on ingame
Before black 2 and white 2 the ideal number is 4 anon.
>>
>>32258337
>>
File: 1491457793968.png (532KB, 1597x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1491457793968.png
532KB, 1597x1600px
>>32259897
Sinnohtard detected.
>>
>>32259772
>needing to be the same level as opponents with zero EVs and shit natures
The reason they're a higher level than you is because you have EVs and they don't, so the extra levels make up for it. The AI is also retarded to the point where it almost defeats itself.
>>
>>32260007
>>32260007
>higher level
They arent though. Except jhoto which is a particular case.
>>
>>32258337
>this game is too hard
>pokemon
Are you for real?
Pokémon is the easiest shit to play and the Elite 4 in HG/SS are only in the 40's
>>
>>32260849
he didn't say it's too hard, he said the level curve is ass
which it is
>>
>>32260853
>it's not too hard
>it's just too hard in this way
wut?
>>
I never understood why people take a full team to the E4. How many times do you need to play these games to understand that your team will always suffer from being underdeveloped if you try to use all six slots?

And why haven't you figured out that it may take more than offensive moves to defeat gym leaders and the E4? They were designed to be better than you and the lore itself dictates that they should be better than (read as: challenging to) some kid who decided to take a walk 3-4 hours ago. Of all the things to bitch about, you've gone and picked the wrong one since it is entirely your own fault for not adapting to the circumstances.

Good trainers adapt to new difficulties and challenges; bad trainers try to meet them head-on, fail, try again, fail again, and wonder what went wrong. They inevitably come to the conclusion that there is something other than themselves to blame.
>>
File: guarenteed replies.png (94KB, 1302x1301px) Image search: [Google]
guarenteed replies.png
94KB, 1302x1301px
>>32258337
>>
>>32260883
bad level scaling isn't difficulty since you can just grind past it
>>
>>32261008
taking the easy way out by grinding doesnt mean it's not hard, it just means you found the way to cheese it instead of try tackling the actual challenge

>>32260237
They literally always are except in Gen 6.
>>
>>32261081
>the actual challenge
so bad level curve is challenge and not GF being a shit dev
/vp/ will defend anything i see
>>
Lol OP your fucking trash if you have to be the same level or higher then a gym to beat it.
>>
>>32261096
Post above wasn't me but it basically answered your post the way I would've.

GF is a shit dev. But your a shit player for relying solely on leveling/grinding in order to beat a gym leader
>>
>>32259122
>We are now at the point

Nigga, that isn't even close to a new low for this board. This is typical. The fact that all the complaining is about a Pokemon game makes this one of the better threads and discussions we have up, even if it is about game complaints. The real cancer is all the threads for people whose goal in life is that cartoon animals/children become real so they can have sex at last.
>>
Wow OP do yourself a favor and never play original gold where the gym leaders could actually be kind of hard.
>>
File: 1491308978954.png (56KB, 266x150px) Image search: [Google]
1491308978954.png
56KB, 266x150px
>>32258337
In a children's game where if you are evenly leveled defeating opponents is as simple as assembling brightly colored duplos. WATER beats FIRE.

What I'm saying is that being under leveled may be artificial difficulty but still. It's challenge. I imagine people like you got into the later gens first and now expect an easy run where they just press A and watch their whole team get over leveled by the xp share.

I thought vp liked challenge. Does that mean you guys, supposed adults, are getting frustrated because their autism demands they are precisely at the same levels as the bosses otherwise it's catastrophic, game ruining level design?
Please. I've played frlg and hgss many times each and if I'm under leveled I keep going up against them, struggling and scraping the extra xp until you can be boosted through. Do you really want to just roll through the champion the first time with a full team of impeccable leveled bros? You don't want to freak out a little bit when you realize Lance has a dragon item ten levels above your strongest mon?

Pshh. You people probably use items in battle and don't put battle style to set. Quit whining, you sound pathetic. Faggot.
>>
>>32258337
Good job on basically admitting that you suck at pokemon.
>>
>>32261185
I don't like an underlevel challenge, I prefer a full team with unique movesets and pokemon kinda challenge
>>
>>32261159
>original gold
>hard

Don't make me kek
>>
>>32261245
Compared to Sun and Moon, yes Gold/Silver/Crystal is hard.

...or were you too young to have played GSC when it came out?
>>
>>32261257
Yeah I played gold and silver, Faulkner had a fucking level 9 pidgeoto lol, Whitney and maybe Red were the only challenging bosses in that game.
>>
>>32261267
Sun/Moon didnt have any challenging bosses so yeah
>>
>>32261327
That doesn't change the fact that gold/silver were easy as hell
>>
>>32261341
I said compared to Sun/Moon.

Being compared to these games, yes Gold/Silver/Crystal is "hard"

...or maybe you're just lying about having playing G/S/C?
>>
hg ss was too much of a remake that it felt kinda tedious to redo the previous game while going through double the animation plus halved animation speed
>>
>>32260961
I don't buy it. Every single game in the series works fine if you have a full team of 6 with a slightly increasing difficulty curve without ever getting actually hard.
If you train only 4 mons the game actually gets easier the farther you get which is an indicator that it's absolutely NOT the intended way.

The E4 having higher leveled pokemon than you is intended. They're still easy because they're limited to a single type and have no EVs on their mons. Also let's not forget how retarded the AI is.
>>
>>32258337
Remember OP that you are the cancer killing pokemon.
>>
>>32261363
Lol if you think gold and silver is harder then heart gold, or let alone hard at all then I don't know what to say lmao, your in trouble.
>>
>>32261404
It's you're*, not your. Also,
>lmao

Your opinion is now invalid.
>>
>>32261425
>I have no argument, I better correct his grammar.

Kek
>>
>>32261428
People who don't know how to spell properly can never have an argument.
>>
>>32261380
>defending abhorrent game design
>>
File: images-1.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>32261227
>Implying you can't do that in frlg/hgss.

Dude I managed to beat the first round e4
In hgss with meganium, ariados, hypno, dewgong, fearow, and God damn butterfree. That's with "set" and no healing recovery items or moves, I don't even use boosting moves because I feel it gives me an unfair advantage.

Did I beat them first try? No. I got frustrated and almost threw my dslite at the wall. The second? Nope. But then I was ready. I rounded up my teams levels with very minimal grinding. I knew exactly what to expect and how to deal with the elite four, and when I got to Lance I gritted my teeth and eked out an unbelievable victory with only ariados with 1hp who barely finished off his 3rd dnite with shadow sneak. It was glorious. Keep in mind I spread hms throughout my team as well. It was fun. You're just not doing it right.
>>
File: 1488159941116.jpg (194KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1488159941116.jpg
194KB, 1024x768px
I would love to see vp try to design a two region 16 badge pokemon game and have both regions and 40+ hours of play all have perfectly even levelling and balanced grinding spots. Obviously if the Japanese didn't change the levelling in 10 years it was fine. At least to everyone but the five neckbeards who make up vp.
>>
>>32261374
>i don't buy it
>without ever getting actually hard
>whine whine whine, moan moan moan
anon, the games aren't hard. you're just bad.
>>
>>32261096
You managed to find something made by a shit dev so challenging that you had to grind to beat it

>>32261267
I'd also say Bugsy and Silver at Alazea gave me a hard time

>>32261404
you have replied to him at least four times and still find a way to ignore the comparison to SM specifically every single time. Then have the gall to say the other guy has no argument
>>
>>32261625
His original point was that gold is harder then hearthgold, then he just brought up Sun/Moon for no reason.
>>
>>32261557
I sorta meant the opposing trainer teams there, sorry for that one

>>32261625
yeah why don't we make the first gym lvl 100 pokemon only haha there's a challenge too bad you had to grind shitter
>>
>>32261640
>taking a reasonable experience and extrapolating it to an unreasonable one to excuse how bad you are at playing
Nice try
>>
>>32259172

>somehow the *charm* of GS didn't carry over to HGSS

The graphics.
>>
File: 1491371466652.png (887KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1491371466652.png
887KB, 1024x1024px
>>32261640
Then just play romhacks. If you want cooltrainer jimmy to have a team of six smogon approved perfect iv pseudos then you have to also take deadly bugs, shitty memes, and poorly done retro gen 6 sprites, as well as probably the horrible colors and sound font of a patched gen 3 game. Good luck faggot. But don't try to tarnish the objectively best games in the series with your petty complaints and frustrations when you can't beat a boss the first time. Jesus.
>>
The only hard non rom hack pokemon games are Pokemon stadium(round 2) Pokemon stadium 2(round 2) and Pokemon battle revolution(masters sets)
>>
>>32259172
I love HGSS but this is true. FRLG is the only objective improvement.

I'd still say 95% of HGSS is an improvement though. Compared to like, 50% of ORAS

>>32261682
The best games are BW2, HGSS is close second
>>
>>32261682
yeah let's just go to the other end lol
>>
>>32261647
>a reasonable experience
It wasn't, though. It's the worst experience in the series.
>>
>>32261612
>The "I would like to see you do better" meme that people with no argument use when they can't refute criticism

Classic.
>>
>>32261665
And music too senpai
>>
My main problem is the selection of pokemon is fucking terrible. Gen 1 early route shitmons inhabit nearly every route of johto. Things of actual use are found by obscure means like headbutting trees or other dumb shit. Certain types like fire and steel are rare and you'll probably have to settle with shitmons if you want one. Whenever I play GSC/HGSS I hack a team in, fuck that selection.
>>
File: 1490745463360.jpg (449KB, 1077x979px) Image search: [Google]
1490745463360.jpg
449KB, 1077x979px
>>32261708
Bw2 may be better the first time, but I can't slog through it again. I've still only played white2 three times and I've had it since release. I've played through my hg and ss copies about a dozen times each with different teams. I just started another legacy file for ss.

What it is about gen five and Bw2 in particular I'm not 100% on. But I'm sure it has something to do with stu deo cut scenes and black dudes with yellow afros. The rest was foggy. I may have made a young female m.c. participate in movies against her will. (Which is another thing, the hideous male protagonist. A visor? Jewfro, a mail bag and cargo shorts too. COOL.)

The sprites and the way they moved made me uncomfortable, felt like I was playing pokemon on absinthe. I play Bw2
And then I get to the SECOND time alder jumps of a CLIFF to block your path and force you to read dialogue for 2 or 3 minutes. And the rival... jesus titty-fucking christ. Maybe Bw2 have the most content but the single player story mode is cringingly awful.
>>
>>32261874
Any Pokemon can be viable in game.
>>
>>32261881
Ledian is not.
>>
>>32261717
You started this war of exaggeration m8
>>
>>32261931
Ledian is viable in-game. You're just not good enough to find out.
>>
>>32261874
>wahh it's hard to find powerful steel and dark types in a remake of the generation where said types were new and mysterious.

Do you want houndour, murkrow, and steelix just floating around early routes?
But go ahead and hack a team in then that's reasonable, even though you admitted that, though rare, they are in the game. Also they couldn't blow their load with all the new mons in the first regional half of a two part game. They make you wait. Be patient filthy gaijin this is oldschool Japanese region.
>>
>>32261874
>you have to work harder to find stronger pokemon
Sorry not every game is like XY where you find a Riolu in the grass really early on

I wanted an Azumarill, so I went to the Safari Zone and looked for it
>>
>>32261874
Awww, poor baby
>>
>>32258337
There are people that can beat elite 4 champions with a level 1 pokemon and you cant beat something 2 levels above you?
>>
>grind
>on a fucking pokémon game

Wow, so HGSS haters are this kind of mongoloids? Hah.
>>
>>32258337
just play Dray's hack
>>
>>32262036
It's the same pieces of shit who think Whitney is hard because they didn't have a Geodude or Rocky on their team, despite the game favoring having a ground/rock type pokemon early game. It's up there with people who complain about Brock when they pick charmander, but don't want a manky, nidoran, or butterfree on their team. People shouldn't complain about difficulty when they take the path of most resistance.
>>
>>32261963
>>32261991
>>32262004
Sorry I don't want a team of normal types with wooper, ampharos, and shiny gyrados.

Literally like 80% of GSC teams are the starter, pigeot, ampharos, gyrados, and two random pokemon.
>>
File: 1489281390458.jpg (17KB, 236x261px) Image search: [Google]
1489281390458.jpg
17KB, 236x261px
>>32262108
This must be b8. Did you really not even take the time to look at serebii and see when and if you can encounter the mons you want? Johto has a lot of good mons dispersed throughout if you cant even take 2 seconds to Google where or just look for them that's on you. And you're projecting with that team, just because those are the only mons you're not too lazy to find when you play the games. I hope you are b8ing.
>>
>>32262105
Any boss can be hard if you don't have the right pokemon. Not just whitney
>>
>>32262155
Not b8ing, I like gen 2 but it has a shitty selection and makes a lot of more interesting things require grinding encounters. Crystal helped a bit but then they fucked it up again. I'm not saying you should be able to get shit like skarmory before the first gym but encountering mostly underleveled normal types is annoying. It was like DP, just bad selection with not enough thought put into it.
>>
>>32258383
>then why do you say hg/ss are the worst?
Because DS emulators can't go as fast as gameboy emulators, so grinding is an issue.
>>
>>32262108
>not rocking piloswine
>>
>>32258337
>guarenteedreplies.jpg
>>
>>32260961
>How many times do you need to play these games to understand that your team will always suffer from being underdeveloped if you try to use all six slots?
And then Gen 6 fixed/broke this problem with the EXP Share, but now you're outed as being a casual for using it AND having more than 1-3 Pokemon because NPCs aren't allowed to have more than two Pokemon unless they're a Rival, Gym Leader, E4, Evil Team Leader or Champion.
>>
>>32262108
>Pidgeot
fucking garbage taste
>not running Feraligatr, Dodrio, and Nidoking
>not adding Yanmega to the team in HGSS
complete fucking shit taste
>>
File: 1491249642541.png (1MB, 1050x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1491249642541.png
1MB, 1050x1000px
>>32262175
Is it that they have shitty selection,
OR that it's too hard to find them? You said both.

I'll give you Dp. The regional dex was pathetic. But platinum fixed that. Don't start with the fire meme, there are some fire types besides nape, and fire types are relatively few in the national pokedex for gen 4. Look at listings for fire vs. Water, or psychic. Fire types have always been this way. Dp, not platinum fucked up here. Just to be clear. Platinum is flawless except for DEFOG, and the DEEP shit you had to spin out of every other tile. Besides that tho they're fine.
>>
Emerald > BW2 > Platinum > HGSS > FRLG
Dispute this.
>>
File: 1490796151690.jpg (604KB, 1226x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490796151690.jpg
604KB, 1226x600px
>>32262185
I fucking love piloswine, my favorite ice type. But it sucks you don't see it until ice path. Also stupid that fucking sneasel isn't there.
>>32262212
Decent taste, my recent team was this for SS.
>hounchkrow
>mismagious
>mamoswine
>shuckle
>scizor
>heracross

I love gen 2 but I think its selection is shitty, that's all. Still a great game.
>>
>>32262234
I think Platinum and HGSS are complete shit but that list looks A-OK to me desu
>>
>>32262237
>Heracross
>Mamoswine
>Shuckle
Nice taste.
>>
>>32262238
I think the only big flaw is the speed of the game's engine. Most of the other flaws are shit inherent to Pokemon (shit dungeons, mediocre story, god awful mon selection/level curve
>>
>>32262220
Bit of both. Heracross is a good example. A lot of people like it so they'll try hunting one. What most will not figure out is it encountered on a single route, by headbutting trees, with an incredibly low encounter rate. That's just shitty.

I feel GF might have been nervous the new pokemon might not be as popular so they put more focus on kanto pokemon. In RSE there is good balance of old and new.
>>
>>32262249
I think that and the particular HMs needed for the game are the biggest flaws. Everything else can be remediated in some way but the HMs and engine speed always make playing through Platinum a chore.

The lack of Wifi also really fucking sucks. If a gen 4 remake ever comes out I'd probably get it just because of how much better the games would be with Wifi and Wonder Trade.
>>
>>32262261
Fair enough on the HMs.

To be honest, if they were to 1:1 Platinum in 3D and just implemented Pokeride it'd be the best game by far.
>>
>>32260961

It's just a game, autist
>>
>>32262261
HMs as a whole are shit. They should just let badges allow your pokemon to do the overworld action and make the moves TM. SM helped quite a lot but the annoying music that plays when using a pokemon needs to go.
>>
>>32262220
>>>32262175
>Is it that they have shitty selection,
>OR that it's too hard to find them? You said both
Not him, but there are cases in which is really both like with Slugma and Remoraid who are shitmons poorly placed and available only after doing half of Kanto
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-06-15-12-34.png (100KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-06-15-12-34.png
100KB, 960x540px
>>32262257
1/2
Nothing personnel kid, but...
*teleports behind you, evolves into gallade with a hidden stone,
and hold one of my 'lade armblades up to your neck. Heh...
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-06-15-13-01.png (87KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-06-15-13-01.png
87KB, 960x540px
>>32262301
An unbelievable horribly gory arc of arterial blood fans out from your silly neck. I teleport back home to my wife gardevoir.* 2/2
>>
File: 1489343037343.jpg (108KB, 491x398px) Image search: [Google]
1489343037343.jpg
108KB, 491x398px
>>32262234
>>32262238
Samefag.
>>
>>32262301
>>32262314
Fair enough, still kind of shitty but not as much.

Now defend making things like houndour and slugma kanto only, as well as sneasel, lavitar, and misgeavous only available after you have all 16 badges.
>>
>>32262157
Kinda my point when I said that the game favors having a rock/ground type. The first three gyms being flying, bug, and normal make it an obvious advantage.
>>
>>32262377
Fuck misdrevus, don't know how I fucked that up so bad.
>>
>>32262283
That's a cop-out if I ever saw one.
>>
>>32258337
>oh no i can't grind the fuck up and be 20 levels over my opponent and actually have to think about what to do in battles instead of just spamming moves that ohko my enemies
get good and stop crying
>>
File: ad.jpg (101KB, 636x745px) Image search: [Google]
ad.jpg
101KB, 636x745px
>>32258337
It's better to be underleveled anyway since that's the only way the game poses any kind of challenge
>>
File: latest.png (802KB, 1174x881px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
802KB, 1174x881px
>>32262377
Misdreavus can be found at cliff cave, by cianwood, at night. It's a 10% encounter. Larvitar can be caught in the safari zone in its initial phase at level 16/17 in the "mountain" zone. You have to have a little luck to have mntn. Be one of the six zones initially. But after catching the sandshrew after the second call, you can switch one of the zones to mountain, this before the e4. With dreavus it's after the 6th badge. I can get you screenshots if you want. Maybe they just weren't good examples. I'll play along because there are some examples like houndour family that I agree you have to wait too long for. (Though you can catch a lvl. 43 houndoom in the safari zone shortly after the first e4 with blocks.) My point is they had to save some of the best mons for the ya know, entire second region and half of the game? Remember, kanto is not post game it is the second part. Postgame is after red.
>>
File: muh boogeyman.jpg (19KB, 335x147px) Image search: [Google]
muh boogeyman.jpg
19KB, 335x147px
>>32262370
Kill yourself.
>>
>>32262481
Yes but your examples for lavitar and misdrevus were only added in HGSS. They help a bit but still.

Also I think by Lance most people will already have a full team, if not at least five pokemon. For lavitar being the pseudo is fine but those other should be found earlier.
>>
File: 2017-02-12-11-00-14-186404087.png (26KB, 245x158px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-12-11-00-14-186404087.png
26KB, 245x158px
>>32262381
Rock/grounds are great in general, not just early game. They are a perfect compliment to grass types coverage and resistance-wise. Graveller is such a bro.
Shutting out completely all electric, fire, normal, poison, most steels, almost any flying type, bugs, etc. So good. Using one in emerald right now.
>>
>>32262530
In pokemon, as in life, one must make sacrifices. Sometimes that means boxing the quagsire you've had since day one for a red gyarados and just sacking it up and moving on. Dragon dance is too good.
>>
>>32258337
Of course.
HGSS are the epitome of the dark age of Pokemon along with the rest of 4th gen DPPt and RSE and the reason normies make fun of pokemon games being lazy and boring rehashes
>>
>>32258337
You know, it's odd, I undeniably loved playing Gold and Silver growing up, but I've never played these updated re-releases, sure I played Fire red and then Omega Ruby, but I never played... HG and SS.
>>
>>32258391
>Kek
>>
>>32258337
>I want to play the game in a way in which I only catch Pokemon at Level 3 that need to share all EXP from the start to finish
>What? Catching a Pokemon at level 20? 30? Nah, not gonna do that.
>Wtf! This game is too hard! Developers fault
I want to see you play Fire Emblem 6
>>
>>32262261
This. Honestly besides main game, wondertrading is the most fun thing I've done in a pokemon game. Makes breeding and trying to fill the dex fun.
>>
>>32262105
>WHitney is easy when I go for the pokemon specifically put in to beat her if she's too hard for you
Yeah no shit

>>32262377
In GSC, it's so that you are still finding new pokemon in postgame.

In HGSS, they are all moved to Johto.

Wow, that was easy.
>>
>>32262481
Kanto is not postgame, nobody will ever agree with you on this, including Gamefreak
>>
>>32262605
RSE and FRLG at least had double the framerate of DPPt and HGSS
>>
>>32262744
I'd rather play the original GSC than that slow piece of shit
>>
File: shelldershiny.jpg (8KB, 236x218px) Image search: [Google]
shelldershiny.jpg
8KB, 236x218px
>>32258337
I don't think it sucked but I personally didn't enjoy it as much as I expected to given the praise usually lavished on it. It's hard going back to a game with the static sprites and color scheme. Granted there were some pretty sections but it felt kind of washed out and dead. Not my thing, but I can respect that people enjoyed it for what it was and how it may have revitalized an older game that more modern players either had yet to explore or older players hadn't visited in a while.
>>
Ask anyone that suggests that HGSS are good, "Why?"
They won't give you a clear asnwer.
>>
>>32261159
His Kakuna and Metapod that he has for whatever reason are shit, but Bugy's Scyther is actually way scarier in HGSS than it is in GSC. A 600 BST Pokemon with a 70 BP STAB move and Technician priority is nuts for the second gym.
>>
File: oOd05In.png (12KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
oOd05In.png
12KB, 256x384px
>>32262377
there is a hack that fixed some of those problems
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=347879
>>
>>32261327
Totem Lurantis
>>
>>32262889
They will, but you'll just meme the answer away
>>
>>32258376
Funny part with that is that BW2 also have great post games

XY are the only Pokemon games I have ever found to be a step down from the non remake prior to it, and that's not because I think XY are irredeemable trash, but because BW2 are objectively the best entries in the series. Pretty good story for Pokemon, good post game, balanced region in terms of levels and Pokemon variety, decent graphics, doesn't lag the shit out of itself...
>>
>>32258416
It made trainer rematches less annoying (still would have been better with vs seeker, but at least you could set up rematches yourself), gave the gym leaders more purpose after beating them, made Kanto actually have stuff to do, added some routes to fix distribution (although I think people would have rather they actually went and fixed the distrubution)...

HGSS fixed a lot of issues that GSC had. Only one it added was Gen 4s inherent slowness
>>
>>32258553
Come to think of it, that balance was probably explicitly because of HMs
>>
>>32261612
i still really like this picture's art
>>
>>32258337
The Drayano hacks make them almost as good as BW2.
>>
>>32259122
You do realize this board exists specifically to contain all this stuff so it doesn't spread across the rest of 4chan, right?

It hitting low points if anything is more of a reason to keep the board open
>>
>>32260007
Except your ingame Pokemon also typically have shit IVs, while gym leaders, E4, and the champ have average to perfect IVs

The levels aren't how they balance against EVs, the IVs are. The levels are because the non Battle Facility trainers typically have retarded AI and are mostly stuck with level up movesets
>>
>>32262889
>muh walking pokeymon
>muh two half-regions
>muh Red
>>
File: 1331886907215.jpg (71KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
1331886907215.jpg
71KB, 500x441px
>>32258337
Op I only got stuck on the elite four because I decided I wanted to make more Pokemon teams how did you get stuck on clair? you missed so many places to grind/trainers to call on your pokegear I trained with many a side trainer a there levels go up to 50 after repeated calls they progress to How did you miss the events like taking on Rocket grunts & executives an all the other side story things like fighting your rival come on man I know you might not be original from Johto so I'm going to have to ask you to go back home to your own region. or at least consult someone you is familiar with 4th HG/SS game mechanics.
>>
>>32264063
HGSS Johto alone is better than Kanto, Kalos and Alola
>>
File: W003.jpg (51KB, 338x328px) Image search: [Google]
W003.jpg
51KB, 338x328px
>this thread has over a hundred replies
why do i even go to this board
>>
>>32264283
To remind yourself of why you shouldn't come here.
>>
File: 1430697204161.png (313KB, 701x394px) Image search: [Google]
1430697204161.png
313KB, 701x394px
>>32258337
>not playing Sacred Gold/Storm Silver, which fix nearly all the issues with HG/SS
>>
>>32258337
Name one pokemon game without amie where you are in the same level as the elite four when you reach it.

Also for the level curve memes look and compare trainer lists in the old games to the new ones so you'll shut the fuck up already. Specifically the kanto trainers.
>>
>>32267377
It's a sign of a bad game that it's only playable when emulated and modded.
>>
>>32258348
The kanto pokemon levels are just as low or lower
>>
>>32261621
Are you illiterate or did you lack the mental capacity to understand the post you replied to?
Because your reply makes zero sense in the context of the post you replied to.
>>
>>32258337
Not HGSS' fault. Mostly the originals. The very concept and foundation for HGSS, GSC, were terrible games. HGSS is just the developers trying to make shit look appealing. And it didn't work.
>>
>>32268037
Weird how it turned out even worse than GSC. But that's gen 4 for you. Utter trainwreck.
>>
HGSS's main problems were the wild Pokemon level curve in Johto and the iffy rematch system.
>>
hey at least it sells for ludicrous amounts. my mib never opened Hg could easily sell for $300
>>
>>32258337
4th gen rules apply:
Have a party of 4 for battling and 2 HM slaves.
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.