[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /vp/ feel about Z moves?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

How does /vp/ feel about Z moves?
>>
I like them. Would be cool if the next games had a Z-move creator/editor.
>>
They are a stupid gimmick and were invented just for the sake of marketing and impressing children with big cool displays of power, because Sun and Moon needed more selling points.
>>
>>32255619
sounds familiar
>>
>>32255498
cool during the team creation process, awful in battles unless they are bo3
>>
>>32255498
Awful. Should be dropped.
Megas are better in every way.
>>
>>32255498
>>32255498
>>32255498
I hated them at first until i decided to try to see how they work competitively for myself and they're not to bad. It was a good decision to run fightanium on blaziken.
>>
>>32255756
Why exactly can't we have both? More gameplay options is a good thing.
>>
>>32255756
>Megas are better in every way.
>megas can only be used on selected pokemon
>Z-moves can be used on every pokemon
hmm...
>>
>>32255619
This. Classical ygo-tier generational gimmick. Just like megas. They are banned from vgc now and they stopped doing them.
Z-moves will have a similar fate.
>>
Wasted potential like everything else in this franchise.
>>
>>32255498
Could be better if the games actually bother to explain the effect of a status move when paired with a Z-crystal of the same type outside of "lel go find out yourself kid". If you don't have your trusty Bulba, Serebii or Smogon with you it's a guessing game where you memorize what one of these 200+ status moves does with its corresponding Z-crystal, which one matters, which one doesn't, which one boost which stat, which one heals...
>>
File: shiggyexeggutor.png (228KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
shiggyexeggutor.png
228KB, 394x370px
>>32256109
>Z-Moves can be used on every Pokemon therefore its better
But only a couple of Pokemon actually benefit from it, mostly Pokemon that were already good like Garchomp
>>
>>32258540
Z-moves benefit every dedicated wallbreaker you fucking idot. I can use Rockium on Rampardos and get a free kill without dealing with Head Smash recoil. They aren't supposed to significantly improve a mon's viability, but to give you more options to work with.
>>
File: 1473399896878.gif (138KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473399896878.gif
138KB, 640x480px
>>32255498
I liked them. I think they do what they're supposed to. I liked having something to fall back on in-case things aren't looking absolutely perfect. And it made me more inclined to try out Pokemon I otherwise wouldn't, because even a weak Pokemon can achieve a OHKO with them. Once you get used to them, you can try using them with Support moves, which opens up a whole new set of strategies.

So, yes, I liked them. If there is one complaint I have, it would not having a way to skip them. I liked them, they looked cool, but there were times I just wanted to get the battle over with, so having a way to skip them would've made it even better.
>>
>>32258540
But still much more Pokemon like Z moves than Mega evolution.
>>
File: marioasd,pgoga.jpg (224KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
marioasd,pgoga.jpg
224KB, 1000x500px
>>32255498
Every fucking time I think there's a Mario Strikers Charged Football thread
>>
I like them because I love that dumb pose shit and limit breaks, but they don't really add much, they certainly don't effect the game the way Game Freak intended them to, and it's a big shame that they ignored Megas in SM to "give attention" to Z-Moves

Also they really should've spread out what stats get raised by Status ones better
>>
They made my bro viable in OU, so I love them.

Z-Conversion is fun as hell to abuse.
>>
>>32256109
Both can only be used once. who gives a shit
>>
>>32255790

This. I hate how quickly GF drops concepts between generations. Having both is the best option, I think.
>>
>>32261402
Aren't you excited for the gimmick that will replace Z-Moves in the next generation? I bet it's another literal "press button to win" gimmick, like Megas and Z-Moves. Oooooo the excitement
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.