[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are no actually difficult games in the series, it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 4f9.jpg (117KB, 492x492px) Image search: [Google]
4f9.jpg
117KB, 492x492px
There are no actually difficult games in the series, it's easy now and it has always been easy, pretending that the older/newer games actually handle difficulty better is autistic. Discuss
>>
>>32253515
True, but there was less hand-holding in the older games. I think that people think that the older games were harder because you actually had to figure shit out for yourself and we played them as stupid kids
>>
>>32253529
Well no duh anon. Video games are going to die out, and we can say it solely rests on cell phones. They've dumbed down video games so future generations don't even know what a system is minus a ipad
>>
>>32253515
no shit, especially when the fanbase grows up

>>32253540
>when i was young we didn't have any of these techno thingies
>>
>>32253515
SM was one of, if not the hardest entry in the series. If this is easy, Pokemon has always been piss easy.
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>32253661
>>
>>32253515
>pretending that the older/newer games actually handle difficulty better is autistic.

I'm not sure. After 10+ years of not playing pokemon I somewhat recently played through all gens I missed in order from oldest to newest, leaving out gen 1 and gen 2 because I played those as a child.
There was a noticeable drop in difficulty in gen 6. The changes to the EXP-Share made your entire team overleveled to the point that you don't even have to care about whether your attacks are SE or not anymore. This is especially noticeable in ORAS compared to Emerald.
Sun and Moon mostly fixed that though so I wouldn't say that newer games are all too easy. Just gen 6.
>>
>>32253515
The newer games don't handle difficulty better, they just hold your hand through everything. I wish I could actually play SM rather than be pointed toward things constantly.
>>
>>32253672
I thought as far as difficulty is concerned, Totem battles were much better than Gym Battles. Gym Battles were, for most part, just normal battles in a different location. Totem battles had a strong Pokemon, with a bunch of other Pokemon helping it. Lurantis having a Power Herb to get past charging Solar Blade, Castform using Sunny Day to help Lurantis power up Synthesis and Solar Blade, while Trumbeak providing help against Fire, Flying and Bug-types with Rock Blast. This one battle alone is much better than most of anything you got out of previous Generations. SM was overall a lot more difficult than most of the other games.

And yes, you don't get overleveled even if you leave EXP Share on, and if you want even more difficulty, turn it off. I hate using this argument, but I think the reason most people think older games were harder is, for most part, because they were younger when playing them.
>>
May 2.
>>
>>32253515
Its not the games that got easier, its us who got smarter.
>>
>>32253515
The games being easy doesnt excuse the newer ones being even easier.

But you know this.

>>32253661
Absolutely not. A few good Totem Battles though.

>>32254042
No, going back to play the older games is still a different experience for me
>>
>>32254054
>Absolutely not. A few good Totem Battles though.
A few good battles is still a few battles more than anything older generation offered.
>>
>>32253515
Kill yourself weeb
>>>/a/
>>>/trash/
>>>/h/
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>32253515
Just because non of the games are actually difficult doesn't mean the older games aren't harder then newer ones or vise versa. Really if you go by the that logic of all Pokemon are easy with no changes in difficulty between games who might as well just be saying all turned based RPGs are easy. Which just isn't true.
>>
kys
>>
File: leymwyW.png (212KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
leymwyW.png
212KB, 552x414px
>>32253741
>Colress gives you Flame Charge TM 2 mintues ago.
>Flame Body Fletchinder with high encounter rate on route 8.
>Firium-Z

Lurantis is hard.
>>
Only gen 1 and 2 were decently hard, but mostly because I was a child who didn't know english at the time, since they didn't teach it the first school years in my country.
>>
>>32253895
I don't get it.
>>
>>32253515
Very few want to swallow that red pill, OP. It was the timing they played Pokemon why RBY up to RSE was special to them and they blame that lack of feeling on the future games themselves rather than accept their lives past childhood lost their magic.
>>
>>32253661
Hell no.
>1-2 pokemon per trainer
>totems can easily be cheesed
>extreme handholding
Fucking hell no.
>>
>>32254362

Not him but you do bring up good points.

It depends if you actually have a fire type to use Flame Charge with. I used Salandit in my playthrough which doesn't benefit from Flame Charge

Good poont about Fletchender

Firium Z still depends on having a good fire type move though
>>
File: 1489935202244.jpg (94KB, 421x834px) Image search: [Google]
1489935202244.jpg
94KB, 421x834px
>An already easy game is getting easier
What's so hard to understand this?
>>
You're legitimately retarded if you don't think the newer games are easier.
Doesn't mean the older games were ever hard, but they were harder.
>>
>>32254362
As opposed to previous Generations, right? Like BW, where they outright gift you the Pokemon you need to beat the first Gym, and the Pokemon strong against the second Gym is right next to it and happens to be one of the strongest Pokemon in the game. They even have a fucking desert right before the Electric Gym.

Pokemon has always been this way. You are always given the right Pokemon for any challenge you might face. The game pretty assumes you're switching your team for every battle. Take Generation I. Brock is your first opponent, and two of three starters can OHKO everything he has. In case you picked Charmander, you still have many options. Bugs, that evolve fast, can easily outmatch Brock's team. There's also Nidoran, that can Double Kick. Right before the second Gym, the game assumes you don't have anything, so it gives you Grass-types. By the third Gym you have a Diglett cave. The fourth Gym has Fire-types right outside the city and gives you an Eevee in case you need it. They weren't even subtle about it. The Fire gym is surrounded by water, for fucks sake.

Just because you are given the tools to overcome the challenge doesn't mean there's no difficulty there. Even if you have a Fletchinder of the same level, which I doubt if it's newly caught. I don't remember the level of wild ones, so might be wrong. But even if it is the same level as Lurantis and you use Flame Charge Inferno Overdrive, it can't OHKO. There's even a 40% chance it won't even 2HKO with Flame Charge, and that is IF Lurantis doesn't use Synthesis. If it does, it can take anything Fletchinder throws at it for as long as it wants to, while the partner Pokemon take care of Fletchinder.

Admit it or not, SM handled difficulty much better than any other entry.
>>
>>32254362
It's only hard if you put it on yourself. Literally if you do this blind, you will fail, and that's true. Problem is that everyone plays the game once and just stops playing. It's a easy battle, but because it came from you most likely not expecting synthesis
>>
>>32254703
Pretty much. Mostly not knowing what to expect, the Totem boost and having to fight multiple Pokemon at the same time.
>>
>>32254601
That i was trying to say, they gave you the best counter to the upcoming threat.

Speaking of SM they are'nt anything special.

You get Brick Break TM in the cave you fight the A-Raticate/Gumshoos which 1 shots both of them, you just need a psyhical attacker that can learn it.

You get Charge Beam that can be easily be spammed on the Whishiwashi. Don't even worry, the AI is that stupid, it literally used soak followed by a "Not very effective" Water Gun. Just lol.

You get scald before the Salazzle which again 2HKOs it no matter what.

The thing with Fletchinder was that 30% chance of RNGesus burn hax, the only problem is the Trumbeak which for whatever reason has Rock Blast, after lurantis gets burned its obsolete. And the level dosen't matter because it double resists all of its attacks.

Vikavolt was comple trash with that awesome Spark on a special attacker.

Mimikyu was the only thing that gave some challenge since Disguise is annoying especially after that Haunter has 100% accuracy on Hypnosis.

Kommo-o is OHKO by Dazzling Gleam. period.

Keep in mind that you can always use those stupid Z-moves (I didn't) which nuke anything in their path.

>SM handled difficulty much better than any other entry.

It's exactlly the same as other gens, Same crap different look.

I would like to see a fucking difficulty option rather than looking at the plethora of topics about: "OMG THIS GAME IS TO FUKIN EASY XDDDDDDDD gen 1 was better lol" or "this game kicked my ass, lurantis killed my brionned with razor leaf ;(((((("
>>
>>32254446
>>1-2 pokemon per trainer
>>totems can easily be cheesed
This applies to every game.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.