[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most Difficult Totem Pokémon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: TotemWishiwashi.jpg (31KB, 688x436px) Image search: [Google]
TotemWishiwashi.jpg
31KB, 688x436px
Vote
https://strawpoll.com/sw8ex9r
>>
Mimikyu is hard to counter
>>
>>32253097
Mimikyu was pretty easy for me. In fact I 2 shot it with my Brionne. (After Disguise)

Lurantis was a pain though, I lost about 6 times before I finally beat it. With help from my Brionne surprisingly.
>>
>>32253078
I honestly wish Vikavolt and Salazzle weren't so easy, they were disappointing compared to Mimikyu, Wishiwashi and Lurantis, at least for me. I can't tell if Kommo-o is supposed to be easy or not as I chose Primarina which just walls and one-shots it. I am curious to hear if anyone's experience was different based on their team though.
>>
>>32253097
Nigga I one shorted it after disguise with corkscrew crush magnezone
>>
>>32253078
Lurantis was the hardest my first playthrough, took several attempts. I don't remember what team i had but i didnt have anything that could deal with sunny castform and lurantis at the same time.
Mimikyuu took a few tries but once i figured out a strategy it went down fairly easily. None of the others really stood out to me, rather disappointing overall.

Second playthrough was jokes of course, thats how the game goes.
>>
They were all very easy.
I only lost once to mimikyu.
>>
>>32253078
Salazzle was the only one that gave me problems due to my teams general weakness to fire attacks at that point. I had to PP stall its fire moves with potions before I could start attacking. No other totem battle felt like a challenge.

>>32253132
>Nigga I one shorted it after disguise with corkscrew crush magnezone
Should have been Magneton at that point because no access to Poni Canyon, unless you got a fully evolved Magnezone in a trade.
>>
>>32253078
>https://strawpoll.com/sw8ex9r
I guess im one of the lucky few who had zero problem dealing with lurantis. Maybe cuz i started with litten and had pikipek on my team too? Also trumbeak was easy to take out and castform never showed up
>>
>>32253283
>very easy
>he lost once
>>
>>32253078
I haven't faced all of them yet, with Vikavolt being the last one I've faced, but I'd say that Lurantis has been the toughest so far.
>>
>>32253344
If i had known mimikyu had a lum berry i wouldnt have lost.
I was able to toxic stall or one shot every totem.
>>
>>32253097
All you need is underleveled Mudsdale
>>
>>32253078
I almost wiped to Lurantis with only one pokemon left, only made it out with items. Had a little trouble initially too with the earlier totems but that's only because I was surprised at the fact that I had to think a bit and do some actual planning.
>>
>>32253078
Lurantis, Salandit was a weak piece of shit and it couldn't to do shit with Castform around
>>
>>32253078
Lurantis is really scary if you've got any water or ground types on your team since it has a buff, power herb solar blade, an ally Trumpbeak with confuse ray and the sun.
This fight took me a few tries on my second playthrough since I had 2 ground types at the time, but with a flying or fire type that fight is just easy.
>>
>>32253078
Glad to know that other Anons got their shit kicked in by Lurantis like I did. Had a Salandit and still got fucked sideways.

I wasn't prepared for the massacre.
>>
>>32253388
>Toxic stall an NPC
>skill

If the method of victory you resort to is having to pump potions into your team while waiting for an NPC to die, then it's not an easy fight, anon.
>>
I had to sr once or twice times for Lurantis, but I was stuck on Mimikyu for at least 4 or 5 tries. I had nothing to counter it, at least not when ghost resists poison and fairy resists dark.
>>
>>32255734
The trumbeak Lurantis summoned was a huge piece of shit, too, but nothing compared to the Haunter and Gengar the Mimikyu called.
>>
File: smug.png (273KB, 428x600px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
273KB, 428x600px
>>32253078
i actually just found all of them easier than gyms except for wishiwashi because it kept FUCKING HEALING and nearly wiped my entire team
but ribbombee pulled through
for mimikyu my incineroar just spammed darkest lariat after breaking its disguise and a something moonsalt or whatver its called
>>
File: get the buffs.png (645KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
get the buffs.png
645KB, 1200x800px
>when you picked the idol seal
>>
>>32255778
Yeah, that was the only battle where Brionne didn't have much of a chance at all. Thank god for Salandit and Oricorio
>>
>>32253078
Literally none. No exp share, playin old school and I knocked out each one in one to two hits. Fucking kommo-o was all hype and just one shot primarina moonblast. Kinda disappointed
but still fun
>>
File: totem lurantis IVs.png (105KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
totem lurantis IVs.png
105KB, 400x240px
Totem Pokémon happen to be competitive tier.
It also just happens that Lurantis throws fucking everything at you
>Holds mental herb for one-turn Solar Blade
>Can summon allies that really fuck you up or le tit spam Solar Blade
>>
>>32255778
I picked the archer owl and this was still a bitch of a fight. Dartrix turned out to be the only thing on my team that could reliably take its hits, so I just led with other team members to set up on it, then when those got instantly KO'd, Dartrix ended up slowly whittling it down.
>>
Genuinely didn't lose once against them. I mean, they were hard and I suffered a number of knock outs, I can certainly see why some would struggle.
I've just realised I never once had a party wipe out during the story.
>>
>>32255861
Don't forget the sun boosted synthesises
>>
>>32255883
I've never outright lost to one, but I would always save before fighting one, and usually would take one or two tries to scout the totem out, then reset when I realize I'm not going to get anywhere with my current team layout/strategy.
>>
>>32255914
Oh, for sure, saving beforehand is a must, same as Gym Leaders or Kahunas. I grew up playing Wario games, it's drilled into me that greed is good and losing money is not acceptable.
>>
>>32255925
I'm totally the same. I never take a white out for that sole reason. No matter how much money it is you lose, I never want to lose any of it.

I didn't even know for the longest time that they readjusted the formula for money loss upon defeat to be less harsh in newer games.
>>
>>32253078
Every totem was 1 shot not counting disguise as hit.
>>
I didn't die against any of the totems.

Dartrix won against Gumshoos easily, while it also made incredibly short work of Lurantis and Wishiwashi. A Mudbray with a Modest nature that I caught just to have as a sacrifice in case of healing ended up ass raping Salazzle.

My Decidueye ass raped Mimikyu and even took out Kommo-o with little trouble.

Only Vikavolt gave me the slightest bit of trouble because I had nothing to take it out, so I ended up sending my now Mudsdale out to rack up Stamina boosts while wittling it down with Stomp or whatever Normal type move I had on it at the time.
>>
>>32256006
How does a Decidueye beat Mimikyu?
>>
>>32256021
Ghost type vs ghost type makes you wonder how he did it.
>>
>>32256021
Ghost is effective against ghost decidueye easily survives mimikyu and 1 shots it.
>>
>>32256037
Slower ghost type that gets one shot vs ghost type with Disguise yeah, makes me wonder
>>32256042
My Decidueye got one shot by Mimikyu's Shadow Claw everytime. It did well in general but not against Mimikyu at all.
>>
>>32255720
I didnt use any items at all.
Stop projecting.
>>
>>32256054
Either way, putting your enemy on a death timer isn't anything to brag about. Definitely not enough to claim that any fight where you have to resort to Toxic stall is easy. If it's so easy, stop playing around and just two-shot them instead of sitting around for eight turns.
>>
Daily reminder that everything about Sophocles' trial fucking sucked, especially Vikavolt.
>>
>>32256061
I was playing around once with mimickyu by poisoning it with salazzle. Next try just used weavile to knight slash it to smithereens.
Easy as fuck totem once you know what its ability actually does. Which i didnt know the first time.
>>
>>32256080
Reminder that a-marowak 1shots it.
>>
>>32256080
Vikavolt was pretty pathetic if you were still dragging around a Mudbray as an early game crutch/temporary party filler. And yeah, every trial was really neat up until that point, but at least Acerola's trial was cool.
>>
>>32256021
Stupid AI. I even misplayed by going for a z-move first turn, not realizing it doesn't go through Disguise like it does Protect and its variants. It used play rough once, then Astonish while I used Spirt shackle, I healed and it used Mimic, then one last spirit shackle and it went down.

Basically, I got lucky.
>>
>>32256139
Damn, it sucks that can happen at all honestly. I wasn't so lucky on my second run I did with Decidueye.
>>
Hardest fight for me was Salazzle. I had picked Litten and had a Torracat. Did not have a water or ground types for the fight... Had to spam bite and pray for flinch.

Having the salandit spam toxic while salazzle spammed venoshock was brutal.

Lurantis was easy for me personally. Two fire fangs killed it.
>>
wait

Did someone REALLY have trouble with Gumshoos and Totem Raticate? I mean, everyone's experience is different, but you can get Brick Break right before, and you even have a chance at getting Crabrawler before, too
>>
>>32253078
>Lurantis is the most hardest
/vp/ is either full of underage or full of shitters
>>
>>32256881
The cool kid is here everyone.
By the way, hardest doesn't necessarily mean hard.
>>
File: 758Salazzle.png (101KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
758Salazzle.png
101KB, 410x410px
Mimikyu wasn't too bad. I remembered his Disguise gimmick going in. It was just tedious dealing with the Haunter and Gengar showing up to use Sucker Punch and Hypnosis over and over again.

It was Salazzle that gave me the most legitimate trouble. I hadn't been spoiled for this trial and had forgotten all Salandit, but I had gotten a Mareanie from WonderTrade and thought I'd be safe. Nope. My poison type suddenly getting badly poisoned and then promptly Venoshocked to death came as a shock. I went back and leveled up my Rockruff to Lycanroc Day, and then tried again, with better results.
>>
>>32256054
Do you even know what projecting means
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.