[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Things That Would Make You Stop Playing The Maingames

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0188.jpg (798KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0188.jpg
798KB, 2448x2448px
>Too many bad designs in one generation
If I don't like the Pokemon than what's the point.
Came really close to this with S&M
>>
Gen 7 is one of the most consistently well-designed generations of all time.
>>
>>32252136
While I don't think Sun and Moon are the best games in the series, the fact that they showed that Game Freak is willing to break traditions and the introduction of some of my all-time favorite designs really invigorated my interest in the series. I can't wait to see what they'll do next.
>>
I've already stopped playing the main games.
>>
>>32252160
>>32252166
>it's good because it's different
>>
>region is even more linear, bland and small
>post-game non-existent again
>handholding and railroading to the extreme again
>focus on story but story is shit again
I really hope they don't keep up this trend.
>>
>>32252136
That's the main reason I'm still playing SM, the designs are some of my absolute favorites, especially the bug types. I see nothing to really take issue with in the designs here, some of them are the most creative and well done designs in the whole series. The main complaint I had was not the Pokemon themselves but rather the game is too short.
>>
>>32252182
They do
>>
I liked the layout of the region and the story and desu the handholding isn't so bad if the rivals are ok, which in this case they were imho. I do wish every gen had at least 100 new mon, not including megas and regional variants. Yeah, I've still been able to make a couple of in-game teams for XY and Sun/Moon, but I think any one region is characterised by the diversity of Pokemon it has, so in that respect the last two gens have been a bit limited. I'm probably in a minority that I'd rather them bulk out the region with new but potentially quite weak Pokemon if only to make NPCs most interesting to battle and make going into a route more exciting because you know there's going to be new mon. Plus desu using mediocre Pokemon is good because it makes the game actually a bit of a challenge. The only thing that's really consistently good in Pokemon games is the music. Wow I didn't realised how much of a Kanto/Hoenn/Unovababby I was til I typed this
>>
>>32252136
Same, the designs and lack of post-game made me not buy Sun or Moon.
Keep the lack of content or bad designs for the next gen and I'll definitely give up.
>>
>>32252136
completely changing the battle formula to something that makes no sense.
>>
>>32252136
>bad designs
That's, like, your opinion, Anon,
>>
Pokemon is pegi 7, literally baby first rpg
>>
I think there's always gonna be some good designs and bad designs in each gen, maybe they feel more bad in this gen just because it's a smaller pokedex of new pokemon.

The railroading however is completely valid, like skyward sword/bowser's inside story tier.

Now that nintendo has seen the error of their ways so to speak by making a less tutorialized open world game with BotW, I hope they can pressure gamefreak into lessoning the rails on their nest pokemon title. Pokemon was inspired by exploring and bug collecting after all
>>
I already have.
I got Sun on day 1. Only got to the second island before quitting and haven't touched it since.

I didn't like the region, the characters, the game design and the general atmosphere. I felt like it was trying to hard to be like Yokai Watch.

I'll probably get the next main game but I'm not very optimistic about it.
>>
>>32252166
>S&M breaking traditions
It was done in the most coward, risk free manner.
They basically kept the exact same formula and changed the names and made everything more braindead.
Trials are still gyms, but they removed anything challenging about them. HMs obstacles are still there, but now you're automatically given every HM in the form of an item.

Call me back when they make some major changes to the battle system or get rid of the evil team trope or the whole "collect badges/stamps" and then defeat the league thing.
>>
>>32252136
Nothing because I'm a fucking loser who will buy anything GameFreak shits out
>>
>>32252776
>pegi 7
Can you translate that into a rating that matters?
>>
>>32253103
I find the Totem battles to be the most interesting part of the game, also what I am hyped the most about whatever comes next (aside from the Pokémon in case of a new generation, obviously). It's not a change to the structure of the game as whole, but a nice novelty to the combat system. They are challenging and fun, if done correctly and paired with interesting Gym-like boss battles (the Kahunas were all really disappointing, sadly) they can improve the game a lot. I hope we see Ultra Beasts in the main game as Totem Battles in the future.
And yeah, didn't even remember about the HMs, but that's great too.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 500x500px
>>32253005
I did the same thing. Just dropped it and picked up Platnium again
I'll finish Sun one day
>>
>>32253162
whitney's miltank is my favorite totem pokemon

totem pokemon isn't a new thing.
>>
>>32253177
Not mine for sure. Every S/M totem involving weather, SOS calls, hold items and increased stats is way more fun for me.
>>
>>32253193
Vikavolt has Battery Charjabug as its ally.
Only knows physical attacks.

Wishiwashi uses Soak on Pokémon that are enutral to Water, before starting to attack them with Water Gun. It also knows Rain Dance in a battle with auto rain.

Sun and Moon.
Once more, just a bunch of wasted potential and retarded ideas.
>>
>>32253218
Never seen Wishiwashi use Soak or Rain Dance, so it wasn't a problem for me. VIkavolt I agree with, though, it was a really disappointing battle.
Lurantis and Mimikyu were some of the most fun in-game battles of the whole series for me.
There's some serious potential here and I hope it's brought to light in the next games.
>>
>Moving the series from handheld to console
>Removing turn-based combat
Those have been my main stipulations since I started playing pokemon as a kid and in all that time my mind hasn't changed on either point.
>>
>>32252136
What would make me stop? Rebooting the franchise and getting rid of the existing Pokemon or removing the ability to transfer my old Pokemon, like gen 3 did. Fucking despised gen 3 for not being able to transfer up my shiny Slowpoke.

Sun and Moon had some of the absolute best designs in the franchise so the other flaws of the game matter very little to me. Amazing stuff like Golisopod and Toxapex, designs that pretty much made my childhood hopes and dreams for Pokemon come true. Also legendaries that feel like aliens rather than being normal Pokemon like Heatran or Shaymin with the label slapped on.
>>
File: b8.png (23KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
b8.png
23KB, 500x275px
>>32252776
>Pokemon is pegi 7, literally baby first rpg
>>
>>32252829
Wasn't Bowser's inside story more open than PiT? There was like a major optional dungeon to do in the form of going to Bowser's Castle as the Mario bros, which is miles ahead of what PiT offers.
>>
I want them to run further with the boss mon idea. Including the outnumbered team battles.
>>
The games become too demanding. I appreciate that Sun/Moon is the greatest challenge I've ever had in a pokemon game, but if this is where it's going, then I may not be able to go further. I already accomplished what I felt like was the greatest achievement I will ever get in a pokemon game. It should go no further than this. Any more, and you are ASKING me to flat out abuse the system, which isn't right.

Otherwise, returning to nonsense faffing about adventure. (though we never really deviated from that, but with less substance) Hammering the collection aspect even further. (if only I knew to start with that poke pelago would give me beans even without fully upgrading it. Fuck you.)
>>
File: reeeeee_2.png (97KB, 326x296px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeee_2.png
97KB, 326x296px
>>32252136

Jesus fuck, do we really need that many things written on the fucking cover? All of that shit messes up the cover art, at least the ESRB logo is small unlike shit like PEGI and even worse, Australia where they have to be big ass piss colored numbers in a box.

The rest of the info should be on the back or something.
>>
>>32253669
I want to see them incorporate that with gym leaders and antagonist team leaders, give them buffs or whatever shit to cheat the system to give them an edge so they would be more of a challenge.
>>
>>32253703
such is life as a leaf
>>
Microtransactions.

(Pokebank basically being a requirement now to complete the dex is very shitty, but at least it's only five bucks. If we cross into "pay 5 dollars for 10 Poke Crystals to try and Win Jirachi from the GachaPoke" territory, I'm out.)

Honestly, I've accepted that Pokemon is no longer going to be the game I grew up with, and is trending more towards trying to be a phone game with no challenge or freedom for the player -- and I can live with that. I expect it's only going to get worse on the Switch since the Switch is basically a Nintendo-branded iPad. I'll probably keep playing, but it's getting harder and harder to finish the games if I'm being honest.

I just want them to go back to being about the actual region, capturing the Pokemon and having battles, not all the extra online (browser-based) tie-ins and the evil team and your friends dragging you through 20,000 cutscenes to get anywhere. I know that's not the game that Game Freak's interested in making, but I miss it regardless.
>>
File: 1331877953049.jpg (25KB, 387x353px) Image search: [Google]
1331877953049.jpg
25KB, 387x353px
>>32252136
>S/M
>Bad Pokemon designs

Best designs alone. The stats are the problem
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.