[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/heg/ - Hacking and Essentials General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 20

File: 1487264154295.gif (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1487264154295.gif
1MB, 480x360px
Discord: https://discord.gg/HfWa4Dg
IRC: irc.rizon.net #romhacking

Rom hacking
>Notable romhacks: http://pastebin.com/GfJ9zhqx
>Making a romhack: http://pastebin.com/fjGZfMzP
>Gen 4-6 hack tools: http://pastebin.com/GfJ9zhqx
>Disassemblies: https://github.com/pret/pokered https://github.com/pret/pokecrystal https://github.com/pret/pokeruby

RMXP/Essentials
>Engine: http://pastebin.com/G5PdvaGD
>Wiki: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pokémon_Essentials_Wiki
>Tilesets: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sd99pug37y4v4se/Ziddy%27s+DS+Style+Tilesets+RMXP+.rar
>WIP Gen 5 tiles: http://imgur.com/a/CiudS

Places to share fangames:
>http://www.pokecommunity.com/
>http://reliccastle.com/forums/
>>
Fellow Bumpers
Keep the autistic arguing down to completely absent.
K thanks
>>
I was given rpg maker vx ace, is it compatible with assets from xp?
>>
File: dim-cave-2f.png (22KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
dim-cave-2f.png
22KB, 576x576px
Post maps
http://imgur.com/a/afoZ1
>>
File: charcoal-kiln.png (3KB, 160x128px) Image search: [Google]
charcoal-kiln.png
3KB, 160x128px
HGSS charcoal kiln devamp
>>
When will the essentials meme end?
>>
>>32251830
But essentials are essentially essential.
>>
>>32251823
the shadow is unnecessary, gen 2 doesnt drop any shadows like that
>>
File: charcoal-kiln-2.png (3KB, 160x128px) Image search: [Google]
charcoal-kiln-2.png
3KB, 160x128px
>>32252205
I tried removing the shadow, but it looks flat without it. Made it taller, but the bricks on top still look off somehow.
>>
>>32252334
much better good luck
>>
Max, how did you do the animated sky on the water? Im learning RGSS/Ruby, Im only curious what the process behind it is. My idea if I were to do it is setting the animated fog/reflection on a very low Z, right above "pitch black nothingness", then have the water actually be transparent, so it just shows the animated bg.
>>
How do you make advance map work on Windows 10?
>>
File: Windows 10.gif (2MB, 1718x938px) Image search: [Google]
Windows 10.gif
2MB, 1718x938px
>>32252873
Switch to a less terrible OS.
>>
>>32252919
Is there a version for mac?
>>
>>32253117
No, but I hear WINE works well. If you want to stick with Windows, just use 7 or XP, or even 8 is better than 10.
>>
Once again /r/equesting Pokemon Pure Silver if anyone has it, whether prepatched or ips.

>>32251810
Ace requires the assets to be in VX style, so you'd have to edit the assets to work in Ace. It's not hard to do though. Scripts from XP however are not generally compatible. Pokemon Essentials especially isn't, given all that it does.
>>
>>32252823
I'm sure that's how he did it too.

Remember that fogs/panoramas do not work well with connected maps.
>>
>>32253327
https://www.sendspace.com/file/jfvqmy
>>
File: ICEB1F.png (96KB, 704x896px) Image search: [Google]
ICEB1F.png
96KB, 704x896px
>>32251821
k
>>
>>32253616
Forgot to mention I was gonna have the player start from the top left. I forgot the ladder tile there.
>>
>>32253616
I've been looking at this for about ten minutes and can't figure out how you're meant to get to the cave entrance in the bottom right. Is this an exit-only scenario? I'm trying to solve it backwards but I end up in a loop of places that can't be reached without already being on another square that also can't be reached without already being in this loop.
>>
File: Untitled.png (84KB, 704x896px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
84KB, 704x896px
>>32253723
Forgot pic.
>>
>>32253725
Wait a second I'm fucking retarded you can enter from the top of that maze.
>>
>>32253561
>>32252823

Do you have the background image? If you do, I can release that as a public resource.
>>
File: 1467237181020.png (3KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1467237181020.png
3KB, 256x256px
>>32252823
>>32253561
>>32254180
I'm also currently optimizing my water animations, so my code for it is subject to change.
This should get you to where I am though:

You need to use my WIP Gen 5 tiles found in the OP or make your water tiles 33-50% transparent.

Define
>@panoramalag=0
at the beginning of def initialize (~line 139) in "Spriteset_Map"

In "def update",
Replace
>@panorama.ox = @map.display_x / 8
>@panorama.oy = @map.display_y / 8
with
>@panoramalag += 1

>if @panoramalag==6
> @panorama.ox -= 1
> @panorama.oy -= -1
> @panoramalag=0
>end
>@panorama.update if @panoramalag % 2 == 0

Set pic related as your panorama layer and it should animate underneath all transparent tiles on the map.
>>
File: 1401297706063.png (452KB, 1255x1057px) Image search: [Google]
1401297706063.png
452KB, 1255x1057px
Working/conceptualizing a game about catching Legendaries. Unfortunately, I don't know where to find on-map sprites for several of them, especially Gen V (which is as far as Essentials goes, and I'm not going to start ROM hacking until I have a good grip on Pokemon game design). Bulbapedia doesn't have them and Google-fu didn't give me anything helpful.

Also, is Team SCAR (S[omething] Corporation Asset Recovery) too edgy a name?
>>
>>32251620
How do code an ability that lets my pikaclone hold two berries at once?
>>
>>32254217
I got it right then, sort of! post it somewhere anyway
>>
>>32255313
There are a lot of ways of going about doing this, but you have to describe what you want a little more.
Also, what platform?

>>32255356
There's still some performance issues to work out
>>
>>32255617
It's essentials.
The Pikaclone is a hamster with cheek pouches. I want it's gimmick to be that it can hold any combination of two berries at once.
>Sitrus+Sitrus
>Sitrus+Leppa
Etc etc
It's just hard to conceptualize how to have two item slots and for berries to activate in conjunction with each other.
>>
File: I can't even.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
I can't even.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>32255651
>tfw I realized Cheek Pouch wasn't this
Gen.6 was a mistake
>>
>>32255651
>custap+sitrus combo
Shit would be superb on a suicide lead
>>
>>32255651
You can't have two item slots without changing a lot of code. Unless you have a lot of experience, try to think of something else. I could code it for you, but many parts of the game (AI, party menu, consuming items etc) would need a lot of adjusting.
>>
>>32256498
It doesn't need to be two separate slots if that's a problem. Just as long as it can hold two berries. It's only for one pokemon. I don't know if that matters. I'm a total noob.
>>
File: qwu3U.jpg (47KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
qwu3U.jpg
47KB, 960x720px
>>32256498
Here's an image for reference. Look how happy he is.
It'd be Electric and Normal for the added immunity and STAB bonus.
I call it Cramster (Cram+Hamster)
I am also very aware that this is a Chipmunk.
>>
>>32253589
>md5sum "Pokemon Pure Silver v1.gbc"
4c282a6f51615842138dc5f32025b38b
>md5sum "Pokemon - Silver Version (USA, Europe).gbc"
2ac166169354e84d0e2d7cf4cb40b312
>md5sum "Pure Silver.gbc"
c364d5ce9df39aa21cec183aa4815ac7

Going to assume this is it then. Thanks anon.
>>
>>32256814
I grabbed it from my hack folder. If it's the wrong hack then I don't have the right one, hopefully it is right though.
>>
>>32256814
Whats special about this hack?I can't really find anything on it except a similar named gba one that may be abandoned
>>
Not looking to start a flame war. I just want to know if this version of Light type would unbalance the chart.
>Beats Dark, Poison, and Ghost
>Weak to Dark, Grass, and Steel
>Resists Light, Fire, Fairy, Fighting, Dragon, Bug,
>Resisted by Steel, Grass, Light, Psychic
>Immune to Poison and Ghost
Again, I don't need to know if you think Light type is stupid or not. I am asking for an outside opinion on whether it is balanced.
>>
What do you think the next big gimmick will be in Gen.8? We got Mega Evolution in Gen 6 and Z-Moves in Gen 7. I keep trying to come up with a new gimmick, but it seems like there are none. Form changes and super moves pretty much covers it.
Unless you give them Super Abilities or some shit like that.
>>
>>32256960
>Bug resistance
The hell are you doing man. Bug needs all the help it can get right now. Also I don't think it needs to resist Fighting either considering Fighting got insanely nerfed by Fairy anyways.
>Poison and Ghost immunity
Those types already have types that they're ineffective against. Poison doesn't even make sense conceptually. Maybe keep Ghost if logic matters so much, but Poison definitely doesn't need that kind of nerf.
>>
>>32256528
You can't give two items to one Pokémon, like I said, that would require a lot of coding, and isnt particular to one species - you'd have to rewrite it for all.
>>
PKSM is giving me hell right now. Can someone tell me what's going on?

1. It glitched out one of my pokemon, CHILD MOLESTER the meowstic. Now I can't take it out of storage.

2. It deleted two of my shinies out of existence.

3. It cloned one of my shinies.

4. When I try to edit my pokemon, it says "Launch the client on your PC."
>>
>>32259074
Please play the game legit.
>>
>>32259074
Please play the game legit...
>>
>>32259074
Please change your ways. There is still time. Please play the game legit.
>>
Is Pokeruby "finished" enough to hack everything?
Is there still need for a baserom.gba?
What's being worked on at the moment?
>>
>>32259987
no its not
>>
>>32259074
Ignore the samefags. You clearly fucked up something. I don't know what, but this is why you make backups of your save.
>>
>>32258866
>>32256960
This guy is thinking competitively.
That won't matter in game. I would day make Light only resist Poison and make Bug be neutral to Light.
I'd even make it so Light types can't be poisoned.
>>
File: WhichRegionLads.png (32KB, 496x160px) Image search: [Google]
WhichRegionLads.png
32KB, 496x160px
Having trouble choosing here. My original plan has 18 towns but I'm thinking of shaving off a couple. Is more = better in this scenario, or is having 18 just too cluttered? Keep in mind that two are postgame and the quantity won't have any impact on the quality anyway (I hope). 16 or 18? 17 isn't an option because I hate 17.
>>
>>32263330
Does seem cluttered with everything on one landmass so packed together like that. You're the Cornwall guy(or LAY-DEEEEEEE) right?
>>
>>32263330
If you think the routes are too long, add the towns to break up the travel. But if breaking up the routes and giving the player a place to heal is their only purpose, just use a comfy house the player can heal at.
>>
>>32263330
Question, since I'm designing my region soon: how did you decide on how long the routes are and where to put the dungeons/how many? Just whatever felt right?
>>
File: SmugKachingon.png (17KB, 224x289px) Image search: [Google]
SmugKachingon.png
17KB, 224x289px
>>32263372
Yeah I'm the devon/cornwall guy (not sure what the LAY-DEE thing is about though. Maybe you're thinking of someone else). You're probably right. Thanks for the advice; here's a smug Kachingon for your troubles.

>>32263391
The routes are just a little too short if anything, which is one reason why I've decided to cut the two towns (it gives a little more route space).

>>32263432>
I try to use Hoenn and Sinnoh as references for route length and number of dungeons. They're brilliantly designed regions (they have their flaws, but you can ignore those when using as reference).
>>
Bumpalon
>>
>>32265302
Yeah how about instead of bumping you repsond to the goddamn thread, you Jewdog.
>>
File: Phgb3rL[1].png (14KB, 320x237px) Image search: [Google]
Phgb3rL[1].png
14KB, 320x237px
what do i do
>>
https://soundcloud.com/dimbus-maximus/half-baked-ideaii
>>
I need some help with my New 3ds XL, I was playing a self-injected Pokemon Crystal vc game and after going to the home menu it froze for about 3 seconds and blacked screened saying something along the lines of "The SD card was ejected".
I put the SD card out and put it back in, and it isn't reading the SD card, when I put it in my pc it wasn't corrupted or anything, so I backed up all the files.
Can anyone help me?
>>
Any type of Essentials tutorial or resource you'd like to see?
>>
>>32266683
Something on minimizing lag
>>
I want to update the romhack pastebin so it's more formatted like https://pastebin.com/7EALuWaH, and has actual proper links to everything (half the things in the current one are bad links)
I also want to expand and add more well-liked hacks, as well as maybe include good essentials games as well now that this general is more focused towards that.
I'm going to be joining the discord, but does anyone in the thread want to post some recommended hacks/essentials games?
>>
any sage updates?
>>
>>32257389
Why do you feel like you need a gimmick so bad?
>>
>>32267521
Because like it or not, Mega Evolution and Z Moves made Gen 6 and Gen 7 that much funner. They really pushed boundaries with that shit. I want to introduce something like that, something new that'll make my game feel super legit. I already have a concept for item crafting. Like gathering shards to make evolution stones, but totally expanded.
I'll use Kingdom Hearts as a guideline. Like you'd gather ×5 Red Shards, x2 Charcoal, and a new item specifically for forging like a metal. Then you'd take these items to a forge and the guy would make you a necklace that boosts a pokemon's Fire type moves by 50% as well as granted resistance to water moves. It's a consumable item that depletes after battle.
That's just one example. But it's something like that.
>>
>>32266683
Making a logo or something for a title screen.
>>
>>32267471

Gen 1: Red++, TPP Anniversary Red, Red Battle Factory
Gen 2: Prism, Christmas, Polished Crystal, TPP Anniversary Crystal, Complex Crystal, Pyrite
Gen 3: Nameless FireRed, Kanto Black, Liquid Crystal, Moemon
Gen 4: Sacred Gold/Soul Silver
Gen 5: Blaze Black/Volt White/2
>>
>>32257389
Things relevant to battles include species, moves, items, and abilities. Mega Evolution and Z-Moves covered the first two, so maybe there'll be some kind of upgrade to items or abilities. It's hard to imagine what would distinguish them from just being very powerful examples of items/abilities, though.

Fusion is kind of a fandom cliché, but it could make double battles more interesting if done right.

Or maybe a "final form"/"berserk mode"/"shadow" mechanic, increasing power at the expense of disobedience, or gradual damage, or some other penalty.
>>
>>32268256
I'm this guy >>32268165
I think I may be on to something. It's such a common rpg element (item crafting) I'm surprised Gamefreak hasn't expanded on it yet.
>Recipes list the items you can make
>Must have recipes to craft items
>Gather the ingredients needed for the item
>Bring them to the Forge
>Get your MOTHERFUCKING GODDAMN ITEM
The items are wearable and cannot be knocked out.
I picture a charm that works like Serene Grace. Or an a ring that prevents the depletion of your moves for a while.
>>
>>32268330
Or an air balloon that can't be popped
>>
>>32268177
That's more of an Illustrator/Photoshop thing. I recommend tuning in to Luka's stream. He does his interfaces there - you could ask for tips or request a video about it.
>>
>>32268330
How about a kind of item that you can imbue with a Pokémon's ability? Then you could have dual-ability Pokémon, one natural and one from its held item.
>>
>>32263330
I still can't decide on this so I made a strawpoll (probably should have done it when I made the original post)
https://strawpoll.com/9arxrcd

Cast your votes lads
>>
>>32268482
>>32268330
That's just one of the many kinds I have conceptualized, though they are rarer.
>>
>>32268482
>didn't read the post
>>
>>32255651
An easier approach would be to just say that all Berries are eaten twice, aka. have their effects doubled. Yeah you can't hold two different Berries, but it'd be MUCH easier to program.
>>
>>32268748
No.
>>
>>32268748
Why would you need to consume Lum berry twice? Or Custap?
Come on yall, if GF can do it I know we can...right?
>>
>>32268165
>Mega Evolution made Gen 6 that much funner.
There are like three three in-game trainers who use a Mega in XY and like five in ORAS (including postgame trainers). It added almost nothing to the games.

I will give you Z-Moves though, just because you actually see them throughout the game. As much as I hate SM for other reasons, Z-Moves were a good addition for boss battles, I actually almost lost once or twice because a trainer pulled out a Z-Moves (mainly against the first kahuna, I would've won easily if they used a normal attack instead of a Z-Move, I had to use my shitmons in the back of my party to win and only made it because of a Quick Attack).
>>
>>32268748
So, I know you said doing it was possible but hard. Just how hard is it? Is there ANY way to do it only for one pokemon? Or would I really have to change a lot of shit? I REALLY want to push the envelope with this. I'm not just talking here.
>>
File: aYDmlnc[1].gif (3MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
aYDmlnc[1].gif
3MB, 480x320px
shilling this here because it might be of interest to firered hackers

I managed to port the Underwater properties of RSE to FR, essentially meaning that a full port of Dive is possible now

write-up here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9612067#post9612067
>>
>>32268638
>>32268737
To be clear, I meant having some process where you give an "empty/plain" crafted item to a Pokémon and do something to put that Pokémon's ability in the item. Not just crafted items that happen to work like abilities.
>>
>>32269724
8.7 kilohards
>>
>>32270952
How can something so simple in nature be so hard? Hard as in complex;requiring a great deal of intellect or hard as in tedious;requiring a lot of work?
>>
>>32270934
I plan on having every ability have an item anyways.
So, Speed Boost Blaziken can wear an item that gives it Moxie as well.
Those class of items are hard to come by for balance reasons. And, as I said before, the items "burn out", become useless, after a battle.
>>
File: Capture.png (57KB, 459x345px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
57KB, 459x345px
There's no Nuzlocke General, but I just started drinking and I'm going to play a blind nuzlocke of Pokemon Wack on my stream. If it gets enough viewers maybe I'll make a thread, as of now I'd get banned for advertising lol

jollynuzcrew.com
>>
>>32267471
As the person who made the old pastebin and is too lazy to update it, I give my blessing if you want to update it yourself, though I'm not too much a fan of your laconic descriptions.

As to links, I think it would be a good idea if we copies /vr/'s approach and had a mega.nz folder with every hack in the pastebin.

And for Essentials, I think they should be in their own separate pastebin if people want to start collecting those into a list. Myself and many others refuse to touch Essentials just out of disliking the engine, and while there's of course an overlap I consider Essentials users to be a different base of people.
>>
>>32269724
You would have to add extra room in Pokémon data so they can always hold two items. I'm assuming this is a ROMhack, so that's definitely 8.7 kilohards without a disassembly. I think you could do it in pokeruby, but there's not much room for extra data in pokered or pokecrystal, you'd have to move some shit around to make room.

How far are you into your hack? Moving to pokeruby may be valuable if you want to push the boundary in ways like that.
>>
>>32271734
Essentials..don't kill me
>>
File: 11.png (49KB, 476x296px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
49KB, 476x296px
>>32271800
>>
>>32271802
Lol so it would be easier with Essentials or..?
>>
File: 1385433000559.png (179KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1385433000559.png
179KB, 600x500px
>>32271863
>Lol
>..?
>>
>>32271863
What kind of answer are you looking for? If someone says "oh yeah it's easy" then will you suddenly be able to do it?

If you know how Essentials works, how ROMhacking works, and how assembly programming works, then you should be able to choose which to use based on which one you can do best.

As for how hard it is, well, think about all the things you'll need to change to make dual held items work: the "give item/take item" menus; the stats screen; the item activation code; the party data structures...

And you'll need to design logic for how dual items will activate at all. If I'm holding a Pecha Berry and a Lum Berry I get poisoned, which one activates? The one in slot 1? Or if I'm holding a Wiki Berry and a Persim Berry, and the Wiki Berry confuses me, will the Persim Berry cure it? No matter which order they're held in? How will Thief work? Or Fling, or Acrobatics? If I'm holding two Air Balloons, how does that work? Would two Magnets stack their effects? How do Wide Lens and Zoom Lens stack? What about Lagging Tail and Quick Claw? Or two Amulet Coins?

I'm not asking because it's hard to answer these questions, but because you need to have some kind of answer, or else your "feature" is just "hey wouldn't two items be so cool dude". And once you have thought about what all needs updating, you'll know how much work it'll take.
>>
>>32271872
Nigger this is a board about pokemon. And we're all dorks making pokemon fangames. You're not cool just because
this is 4chan.
>>
>>32272255
First of all, checked.
It's just for one pokemon.
The one in slot one.
Yes.
It's only for berries. You know that.
>>
>>32272255
Also,it won't learn Fling or Acrobatics.
As for Thief, only the berry in Slot 1 would be stolen.
Also, all I want to know now is will I have to change the code for all pokemon to implement this "feature" as you put it even if it's just for my nigga Cramster? Also, I'm using Essentials if that matters.
Also, also I re-read your reply and goddamn you're kinda cunty man. Chillax
>>
Anti-spam bump to combat the raid
>>
>>32272538
>Also,it won't learn Fling or Acrobatics
What happens if someone gets this ability onto a Pokemon that does learn one of those moves? You could make Skill Swap and Trace fail when used on Cramster, but seems like the laziest way to handle it.
>>
>>32274464
Skill swap, trace, and all that shit fails on Cramster the god :^) lazy, but effective
>>
Where do you find inspiration for your game's name? Id like to use metals/stones instead of Pokémon -Something that isn't a metal or stone- but all the good ones are taken. Any tips?
>>
File: periodic.jpg (175KB, 1000x550px) Image search: [Google]
periodic.jpg
175KB, 1000x550px
>>32275865
If you want to use a metal or some other element, just pick any cool-sounding name from the table of elements. Personally I'd suggest going for something that fits the plot or gimmick of your game. Uranium had all that nuclear radiation stuff for example.
>>
For Bumpalon
>>
>>32278213
Answer this friendo >>32255313 if you haven't already. I'm using Essentials. Can I only do it with one pokemon?
Do you know how?
>>
>>32278527
Dude/Dudette, you've already been told that requires a moderate amount of scripting. "Do you know how?" is not a proper question. If you want someone to do it for you, just request it, write a post on a forum or something. But don't pretend "Do you know how can I do this?" doesn't mean "Please code this for me!" to you.
>>
>>32279918
>>32278527
Ask on Discord?
>>
>>32279918
Just please answer if I can do it only for one pokemon in essentials. The other guy said no, but he assumed I was Romhacking. I'll leave it alone after that.
>>
>>32280007
Yes it's possible, pretty much anything is
>>
>>32280007
>>32280027
In fact let me make a list of sections that will need rewriting if anybody wants to do it for you:

Party (display more than one item, attach more than one item)
AI (how would Pokémon with two items behave? Also any behaviour checking for berries should be adapted)
Summary (Display two items)
Bag (Attaching, taking from)
PC (Moving items, displaying)
Battler (for basically any ability related to berries)
Moves (see above)

Might be missing something. DESU if you don't know Ruby and don't want to recruit someone to do it for you, I'd just think of something simpler, or just use Cheek Pouch.
>>
>>32280063
Thank you
>>
>>32280063
> just think of something simpler, or just use Cheek Pouch.
This attitude is what separates pioneers from settlers.
>>
File: 1410634788441.jpg (53KB, 553x438px) Image search: [Google]
1410634788441.jpg
53KB, 553x438px
>>32280528
I don't think anon wants to be a pioneer if he's settling for Essentials.
>>
>>32280555
Checked
And because Romhacking is better?
>>
>>32280601
It's not so much that ROMhacking is better, it's just that Essentials is worse.
>>
>>32280608
Essentials is clearly better than romhacking dude. Only people who try to use base essentials without actually utilizing it to its full potential cry about how it sucks. Essentials is almost limitless.
Although, the biggest flaw of Essentials is its poor optimization, the lags.
>>
>>32280528
i understand the concern that the anon knows nothing of coding, its not about being a pioneer - Edison didn't ask his neighbour to make his ideas come to life, he learnt
>>
>>32280803
What
>>
>>32280832
idk
>>
>>32280630
If someone really wanted to be a pioneer, they would just make a new engine that had better optimization. It would benefit both them and everyone else.

I would say "brand new original engine" beats both ROMhacking and Essentials though I'd continue ROMhacking regardless because I fetishize Gen 2, but given the choice between just those two I'll always pick ROMhacks, and I avoid Essentials games like the plague.
>>
>>32280910
Yeah. It's utterly ridiculous that true gen 5 hacking is still beyond our reach
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.