[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anti-Toucannon thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 12

File: 733.png (7KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
733.png
7KB, 120x120px
I absolutely HATE this toucan more than anything, and i hate everything about it, from its stupid uninspired design, to its ugly pre evolutions that anatomically don't even look like they would be able to fly or even stand up, and specially to the overly autistic and contrarian fanbase that likes it because liking angry things is 'cool'.
In this thread i will explain why i have an immense hate for this bird faggot.

Meanwhile, if you also hate Toucannon, and if you are an anti-toucanfag, then you're totally welcome to post intellectual comments about why hating Toucannon is a good thing. You can also share art of Toucannon being abused and murdered, as well as draw people doing bad thing to it. Even though that's not the focus, you can also hate on Pikipek and Trumbeak.
>>
File: 733Toucannon_Dream.png (45KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
733Toucannon_Dream.png
45KB, 300x300px
>>32249631
1. The design
So, we have a toucan Pokémon. That's a cool idea on paper, but it was so badly executed that i want to kill myself. First, it looks almost exactly like a real world toucan, but that's not even the worst part. To differentiate it from real toucans, Game Freak just gave it yellow cheeks, two black circles on each side of its beak, grey eyebrows, and grey triangles on its chest. That's it, literally the only things design-wise that make Toucannon different from a real life toucan.
The beak heating thing is also dumb. Toucans live in tropical rainforests, so why make a tropical bird heat its beak up so much if it is always SURROUNDED BY TREES? IS THIS BIRD SO DUMB IT CREATES FOREST FIRES BY ""'ACCIDENT"""?
Now, let's take a look at its expression. Why would a toucan need to be so angry? It makes sense for Staraptor to be pissed off because Staraptor is a hawk, which is a raptor, which are vicious and murderous. But toucans? Toucans are happy banana-beaked birds that eat fruit and baby birds, and in fiction are almost always simple-minded, friendly characters.
The wings are so thin and underfeathered that they don't even look like they would be able to take Toucannon off the ground too.
>>
toucannon is fun :(
>>
File: toucannon.png (14KB, 187x171px) Image search: [Google]
toucannon.png
14KB, 187x171px
>>32249640
2. The stats
There's nothing wrong with 475 BST, BUT why did it have to be so poorly distributed? I mean, 75 special attack? Why does it need that? 60 speed? What were they thinking?
Toucannon is steamlined and got long legs, so why is it so slow? Bird's practically a heron. It looks like it could run really fast, or decently fast, at least.
Blastoise and Venusair OUTSPEED Toucannon. That's right: A fat tortoise with cannons and a fat warty frog outspeed a thin toucan with long-ass legs!
It would have been better if they just copypasted Staraptor's BST on it. It would make nore sense AND it would make Toucannon better. Plus, it would benefit from Skill Link.
>>
File: bait.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
>>
Anti-frogfag, is that you?
>>
File: 733Toucannon.png (92KB, 373x373px) Image search: [Google]
733Toucannon.png
92KB, 373x373px
>>32249653
3. The fanbase
Toucannon's fanbase is absolutely ridiculous. Every single time you point out something bad about their precious bird, the TIDF appears. You can't even point the fact that Toucannon has bad stats that people come and start spamming their LOL ANGERY SO FUNI memes.
There's also that one guy that posts the same Toucannon image on EVERY SINGLE THREAD. It's always that one close up of the bird's stupid face on S/M with the Navy Seals copypasta filename. I won't be giving him much attention, though.
Every (EVERY) person that likes it (or pretends to like it), only likes it either because of memes, or because they're a contrarian. There's no in-between. I can't accept that there's someone autistic enough to unironically loke this bird.
>>
You are like little baby. Watch this: https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/32127185/
>>
File: toucannon_by_y0rshee-dar8zix.png (223KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
toucannon_by_y0rshee-dar8zix.png
223KB, 1000x1000px
>>32249664
4. The anime
It just sounds like a drunk man on the anime. There's nothing bird-like about it. If your angry drunk father was hired to dub Toucannon's voice, nobody would even notice, because that's exactly what Toucannon sounds like.
It also has a ROWLET baby, meaning it had betrayed Trumbeak. As far as i know, Trumbeak can't make Rowlet babies.
The whole animation is bad too, taking its size, one of the only things that made Toucannon different from a real toucan, and making it toucan-sized. This is a joke.
>>
>>32249684
There are so many other reasons, but these are the main reasons Toucannon deserves to be hated. I might make another anti-Toucannon thread with more text. So, let's discuss about why we hate Toucannon.
Post anti-Toucannon art, anti-Toucannon texts, anti-Toucannon music, whatever. Just hate on Toucannon here.
>>
>inb4 'he' arrives
>>
>>32249722
that faggot needs to kill himself right away
>>
>tfw I'm a big toucannon fan part of my Champion team
>don't know half as many facts about it as OP does
>>
>>32249640
To be fair, IRL toucans use their beaks as heat sinks, hence the whole "beak heating" shtick. But yeah, otherwise the design is irredeemable shit.
>>
>>32250021
kill yourself right away
>>
>>32249640
>Now, let's take a look at its expression. Why would a toucan need to be so angry? It makes sense for Staraptor
>Staraptor
Oh, I see the problem. OP is a Sinnohfetus. That explains the terrible taste.
>>
>>32250045
Sorry I prefer living
>>
>>32250048
Cool argument
>>
>>32250058
no one will ever love you and your stupid image isn't funny

kill yourself painfully
>>
>>32250071
nah I'm good

But if it really bothers you I will stop posting the image
>>
Dis someone say Toucannon thread?
>>
File: 1472757081800.jpg (16KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1472757081800.jpg
16KB, 225x224px
>>32249631
>Mfw I see this thread

Pls don't make fun of my Toukee...
>>
>>32249631
>uninspired design
You must hate gen 1 then, right?
>>
>>32250137
Correct
>>
>>32249631
I wanna FUCK that bird
>>
>>32250147
Oh.
Wow.
I, uh, didn't expect that.
>>
Honestly i don't like toucanon or trumbeak, but leave pikkipek out of this. She is a cute little baby and i love her.
>>
pidgeot clone's fault
>>
>>32250021
Alright I'm not quite done because to be honest I didn't really read what you put in the thread clearly. I guess that makes 2 of us, huh?

>>32249640
Toucannon was most likely made for the exact opposite reason you stated. Like you said, toucans are almost always simple-minded and friendly, so how about a super pissed toucan? It's not bad to be different, especially since Toucannon pulls it off REALLY well. Also, the beat heating up thing has legitimate real world inspiration; toucans use their beaks for thermoregulation on top of grabbing fruit. Since this was only recently discovered, it'd make sense for it to be on a recent fictional toucan. Plus, they just amped it up to the extreme by making the beak-heating the equivalent of a cannon. GF does that a lot. They did it with Clawitzer.

>>32249653
Shitmons exist for a reason, you can't deny. I can't deny it; Toucannon is not a good Pokemon, and yes, it would have been great if it had better stats. But there's not much to do about that. PU, here we come!

>>32249664
hey you mentioned me
nice

But you can't deny, contrarians or meme-lovers, people still LIKE Toucannon, and in the end, that's all that matters, right? also I didn't intend for it to be a Navy Seals equivalent; it's just extremely similar to the beginning line. The rest of it is pretty different

>>32249684
fuck you man anime Toucannon is the best

>>32249708
I'm 85% sure this thread was bait anyway but who cares; I had fun, and I hope/think you did, too
>>
>>32250223
>she
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.