[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why "National Dex"? Why not "International Dex"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1451373267878.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
1451373267878.png
129KB, 314x278px
Why "National Dex"?

Why not "International Dex"?
>>
There's only one nation.
>>
Under god. With liberty and justice for all.
>>
>>32247684
not since 5th gen
>>
>>32247678
Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh are all based on regions of Japan, so the assumption was that the national dex was the Japan dex. Then gen5 happened, and GF cba to change the name
>>
>>32247678

Because as Oak states in Gen 4, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh are all one country.

Then Gen 5 came, with Unova being based on New York, USA.
>>
>>32248034
>implying the Pokemon world isn't a tyrannical world dictatorship and the reason why most mc's dads aren't around is because they either got drafted or sent off to the gulag
>>
>>32248077
Will you be my mc daddy
>>
>>32247896
Unova and Kalos share the National Dex with the first four regions. Doesn't matter that they're not based on Japan, cause they're fictional places anyway.

It's all one nation.

Except for Alola. Until they have a proper league.
>>
In-universe, this thing makes no bloody sense whatsoever. The only explanation of it's continued existence as it is is simply a legacy. I even find that to be a poor excuse, since it is not progressing. It is only becoming more and more a disjointed mess. All the regional dexes are far superior to the format of the national dex. As for the terminology alone. Again, only a legacy. However, due to the matter that now the National dex only exists in something that is outside the realm of the games, does that now mean it's been retconned out of existence? A recurring theme that has happened across all generations is that all the regions are perfectly aware of each other. Even though I do not like the format, I DO think an overall compendium of pokemon SHOULD exist in-universe. Indeed, however, it serves no purpose other than for those that have a massive array of pokemon they've already assembled. I will agree with them that it is largely unnecessary for the vast majority of the game. It was put where it needs to be: with your pokemon collection.
>>
>>32247678
It made sense at the time but had become too well-known and remained as a legacy name for gen 5+.
>>
>>32248077
Then why do we have the Interpol?
>>
One nation? Then what is Alola? The frontier, only now gaining the notoriety to gain a proper infrastructure, and only because a modern-minded individual pushed for it? It may be plausible, but if so, then Kukui would have to be rich beyond imagining, because anyone even looking at such a proposal would laugh in his face without proof. He was lucky to have the protagonist, but that was only after the project was already underway. I do not believe there was sufficient reason to believe a league in Alola was worth their time. Kukui had to have funded the entire endeavor personally. I guess that is the case, since Alola does still have all the other trappings of pokemon training, just not a league.
>>
>>32248272
Because Alola is a different nation and they're going to start a new natdex next gen
>>
>>32248324
That would be incredible, and for that reason, I seriously doubt it. Not to mention that the dex for every generation has to have their OWN identity, meaning we'll see yet another design when another generation comes. I may partially excuse this gen for the matter that Sun/Moon was already almost jammed to capacity, but I am also not sure what is going to happen going forward. As I said before, the only purpose the national dex fills is where it is now, in the pokebank. I would not be surprised if that is the way it's going to be from now on.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.